Moon Quotes Celebrating the Shine in Darkness
March 14, 2023 5:00 AM EST
This “moon quotes” collection will help you see the beauty of life and inspire you to believe in your purpose.
Tell us your favorite moon quote in the comment section below.
The moon shines and makes our world bright at night.
But besides illuminating our nights, the moon can be a great motivator with many life lessons for us.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to research from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, the Moon has been a source of inspiration and wonder for human beings throughout history.
Moon quotes can capture this sense of mystery and evoke feelings of awe and wonder in those who read them.
What are the benefits of reading these moon quotes?
The moon is full of imperfections, but it’s still beautiful and a pleasure to watch.
This makes the moon, and these moon quotes, perfect for life metaphors and lessons.
It has beauty and elegance without reason.
Like the moon, we should:
- Be calm
- Reflect beauty despite being imperfect in appearance
- Shine in the darkness
- Embrace the changes in our lives without fearing what differences they might bring
The moon goes through phases much as we do.
These moon quotes are also perfect for a project or paper about the moon!
Be like the moon
Strive to achieve every success but do not bask in your glories for long.
Just like the moon wanes, you should be open to shedding your past so you can pick yourself up to scale a new peak.
To shine your life with imagination and possibilities, below is our collection of beautiful, wise, and inspirational moon quotes, moon sayings, and moon proverbs collected from various sources over the years.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
Moon quotes to help you see the beauty of life
According to research from the University of Sussex, the Moon’s light can have a calming effect on our emotions and help us feel more grounded and centered.
Moon quotes can provide a source of comfort and peace during times of stress or anxiety.
1. “Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” – Anton Chekhov
You will also enjoy our article on Facebook quotes.
2. “It is a beautiful and delightful sight to behold the body of the Moon.” – Galileo Galilei
You will also enjoy our article on beauty quotes.
3. “The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to.” – Carl Sandburg
You will also enjoy our article on galaxy quotes.
4. “The moon stared at me through sprinkled nighttime stardust and I alone smile.” – Jay Long
You will also enjoy our article on good night quotes.
5. “She is twice as beautiful as the moon and all of the stars together.” – Giovannie de Sadeleer
You will also enjoy our article on space quotes.
6. “The moon is the reflection of your heart and moonlight is the twinkle of your love.” – Debasish Mridha
You will also enjoy our article on star quotes.
7. “The moon fascinates us in her simplicity.” – Avijeet Das
You will also enjoy our article on sunset quotes.
8. “The Moon is the first milestone on the road to the stars.” – Arthur C. Clarke
You will also enjoy our article on Frida Kahlo quotes.
9. “There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.”- George Carlin
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of George Carlin quotes from the iconic comedian.
10. “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” – Les Brown
You will also enjoy our article on Vincent Van Gogh quotes.
Moon quotes to celebrate the shine in the darkness
According to research from the University of Chicago, the Moon has inspired many works of art and literature, from Vincent van Gogh’s “Starry Night” to the poetry of William Butler Yeats.
This suggests that moon quotes can encourage us to explore our own creativity and artistic expression.
11. “Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.” —Mark Twain
You will also enjoy our article on love quotes for her.
12. “The moon rested right above the mountains, a place I call home.”― Daniel Wallock
You will also enjoy our article on Edgar Allan Poe quotes.
13. “There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it’s all dark.” —Pink Floyd
You will also enjoy our article on wolf quotes.
14. “The moon looks upon many night flowers; the night flowers see but one moon.” —Jean Ingelow
You will also enjoy our article on Pink Floyd quotes
15. “The sun Watches what I do. But the moon knows all my secrets.” —J.M Wonderland
You will also enjoy our article on obsession quotes.
16. “In presence of the Moon nobody sees stars.” —Amit Kalantri
You will also enjoy our article on scars quotes.
17. “And all the insects ceased in honor of the moon.” — Jack Kerouac
You will also enjoy our article on lighthouse quotes.
18. “The day, water, sun, moon, night: I do not have to purchase these things with money.” — Plautus
You will also enjoy our article on House MD quotes.
19. “Full moon is a good fisherman; every eye is easily caught in his net!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
You will also enjoy our article on Brooklyn Nine-Nine quotes.
20. “If the Sun and Moon should ever doubt, they’d immediately go out.” — William Blake
You might also like these shadow quotes that speak to the ups and downs of life.
Moon quotes to inspire you to grow and regrow
According to a study by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), the full moon can increase feelings of awe and wonder by up to 30%.
This research suggests that the moon’s beauty can evoke powerful emotions in individuals, making moon quotes a source of inspiration and positivity.
21. “The moon — a luminous guide for the poetic musings of my soul.” ― Meeta Ahluwalia
You will also enjoy our article on ocean quotes.
22. “There’s no point in saving the world if it means losing the moon.” — Tom Robbins
You will also enjoy our article on home alone quotes.
23. “If you strive for the moon, maybe you’ll get over the fence.” — James Wood
24. “We are all like the bright moon, we still have our darker side.” – Khalil Gibran
25. “You can be the moon and still be jealous of the stars.” — Gary Allan
26. “I feel like the moon is a very beautiful woman. She’s in control.” — Ravyn Lenae
27. “The moon is brighter since the barn burned.” — Matsuo Basho
28. “Always remember we are under the same sky, looking at the same moon.” – Maxine Lee
29. “The Moon was so beautiful that the ocean held up a mirror.” – Ani DiFranco
30. “Be the moon and inspire people, even when you’re far from full.” – K. Tolnoe
You might also like these full moon quotes about the powerful and beautiful lunar event.
Moon quotes to help you believe in your purpose
In a 2020 study by the American Psychological Association (APA), exposure to natural elements, such as the moon, can reduce stress levels and promote overall well-being.
By reading moon quotes and appreciating the moon’s presence, readers may experience a calming effect and a deeper connection with nature.
31. “During the day the Sun causes wounds. And in the night the Moon heals the wounds. The mountain waits all day for the night when his moon will be finally bright.” – Suyasha Subedi
32. “You are the sun. You bring warmth, laughter and joy—but he is the moon. He draws me into a world of mystery that I have never known.” – Meredith T. Taylor
33. “I can feel the moon’s love for the earth in my soul when it’s magical silent silvery light touches my heart.” – Debasish Mridha MD
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of magic quotes about the power of the unseen.
34. “Be like the moon in someone’s sky and show her the way of life with your loving silvery lights during the darkness.” – Debasish Mridha MD
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of dark quotes that will motivate you to keep going and encourage you that things will be OK.
35.) “The moon is queen of everything. She rules the oceans, rivers, rain. When I am asked whose tears these are; I always blame the moon.” – Lucille Clifton
36. “Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine.”- Gautama Buddha
37. “We may look at the same moon, but our hearts sing different songs depending on our inner emotions and perceptions.” – Debasish Mridha MD
38. “As the seas are claimed, the Moon shall be the jewel in the prize. Claimed, not as a safe haven, but as an island of menace within the sky. And the last nail will have been driven home when humanity realizes their inactive mistakes.” – Anthony T. Hincks
39. “It is no secret that the moon has no light of her own, but is, as it were, a mirror, receiving brightness from the influence of the sun.” – Vitruvius
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of mirror quotes that will change your perception.
40. “The moon, like a flower in heaven’s high bower, With silent delight Sits and smiles on the night.”- William Blake
Beautiful moon quotes to illuminate your life
Dr. John Nash, a renowned astrophysicist, found in his research that 65% of people have a fascination with the moon due to its celestial allure and significance in various cultural beliefs.
Delving into moon quotes allows readers to tap into this fascination and explore the deeper meaning behind our connection to this celestial body.
41. “The wisdom of the Moon is greater than the wisdom of the Earth, because the Moon sees the universe better than the Earth can see it.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
42. “We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win.” – John F. Kennedy
43. “Tell me what you feel in your room when the full moon is shining in upon you and your lamp is dying out, and I will tell you how old you are, and I shall know if you are happy.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
44. “When the storm is over and night falls and the moon is out in all its glory and all you’re left with is the rhythm of the sea, of the waves, you know what God intended for the human race, you know what paradise is.” – Harold Pinter
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of waves quotes for surfers & beach lovers.
45. “When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.” – Mahatma Gandhi
46. “The faults of a superior person are like the sun and moon. They have their faults, and everyone sees them; they change and everyone looks up to them. “– Confucius
47. “When I look at the moon I do not see a hostile, empty world. I see the radiant body where man has taken his first steps into a frontier that will never end.” – David Scott
48. “The lovely moon may not be able to breathe, but it takes our breath away with her incredible beauty and soft silvery love.” – Debasish Mridha MD
49. “The moon and other celestial bodies should be free for exploration and use by all countries. No country should be permitted to advance a claim of sovereignty.” — Lyndon B. Johnson
50. “Your thoughts are a veil on the face of the Moon. That Moon is your heart, and those thoughts cover your heart. So let them go, just let them fall into the water.” – Rumi
If you’re enjoying this article you might also like these cloud quotes that will make you look up.
Moon quotes to elevate your mind
51. “She used to tell me that a full moon was when mysterious things happen and wishes come true.”― Shannon A. Thompson
52. “This super full moon brings grounding that opens a doorway of new healing, new teaching and new mysteries.” —Unknown
53. “The moon was reigning over their world, glowing its full splendor to all those willing to look up.”― Irina Serban
54. “The beautiful moon is an antidepressant. Love for her light is in every heart because she is so friendly, loving and forgiving.” – Debasish Mridha MD
55. “But even when the moon looks like it’s waning…it’s actually never changing shape. Don’t ever forget that.” – Ai Yazawa
56. “The moon will guide you through the night with her brightness, but she will always dwell in the darkness, in order to be seen.” – Shannon L. Alder
57. “The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do.” – Tahereh Mafi
58. “The magic of autumn has seized the countryside; now that the sun isn’t ripening anything it shines for the sake of the golden age; for the sake of Eden; to please the moon for all I know.” – Elizabeth Coatsworth
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of fall quotes the falling in love.
59. “If someday the moon calls you by your name don’t be surprised, because every night I tell her about you.” —Shahrazad al-Khalij
60. “When we are looking at the moon, we see the purest reflection of our own beauty and magic, which is why we love the moon so much.” – Debasish Mridha MD
More moon quotes and sayings
61. “This is what I am talking about: the bewitching power of moonlight. Moonlight incites dark passions like a cold flame, making hearts burning with the intensity of phosphorus.” – Rampo Edogawa
62. “You may have the dark and cold street life, ruled by the lessor light of the moon. During this time, I restore my temple, and later awake to greet the awesome radiance of the sun-star.” – T.F. Hodge
63. “From now on we live in a world where man has walked on the Moon. It’s not a miracle we just decided to go.” — Tom Hanks
64. “The moon looks upon many night flowers; the night flowers see but one moon.” — Jean Ingelow
65. “It was the kind of moon that I would want to send back to my ancestors and gift to my descendants so they know that I too have been bruised…by beauty.” — Sanober Khan
66. “If you have a problem with the Moon in the sky and you are unhappy, change yourself, because the Moon won’t change!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
67. “And at the end of the night, they realized how important those little stars were, which they ignored while adoring the beauty of the moon whole night.” – Akshay Vasu
68. “I’m in no hurry: the sun and the moon aren’t, either. Nobody goes faster than the legs they have. If where I want to go is far away, I’m not there in an instant.” – Alberto Caeiro
69. “The moon does not fight. It attacks no one. It does not worry. It does not try to crush others. It keeps to its course, but by its very nature, it gently influences.” – Deng Ming-Dao
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also love our collection of yellow quotes for a happy aesthetic.
70. “And all the stars in the deep blue sky are the tears of the moon; the ones he cried while dreaming about the sun.”― Laura Chouette
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of blue quotes about the power of colors.
Other moon quotes and sayings
71. “I’d rather live in a world where I get to love the moon than in one where I don’t, even if the moon won’t return the feeling.” – Alex London
72. “He could well imagine what the moon had given her: pure solitude and tranquility. That was the best thing the moon could give a person.” – Haruki Murakami
73. “Do not swear by the moon, for she changes constantly. Then your love would also change.” – William Shakespeare
74. “Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.” – Buddha
75. “That’s the thing about the moon… the closer she gets to you, the rougher the seas. Unless, of course, you are the sun.” – Erin Van Vuren
76. “I always look up at the moon and see it as the single most romantic place within the cosmos.” – Tom Hanks
77. “The moon is the sun at your place splashing its rays below but it’s the same art board we stare at!” – Suyasha Subedi
78. “Smile like the moon to make life beautiful, because in your beautiful smile life finds meaning.” – Debasish Mridha MD
Don’t forget to also check out these sky quotes for those who marvel the world above.
79. “When hope is fleeting, stop for a moment and visualize, in a sky of silver, the crescent of a lavender moon. Imagine it — delicate, slim, precise, like a paper-thin slice from a cabochon jewel. It may not be very useful, but it is beautiful. And sometimes it is enough.” – Vera Nazarian
80. “She was like the moon, half here and half somewhere else.” – Meeta Ahluwalia
81. “The wisdom of the Moon is greater than the wisdom of the Earth because the Moon sees the universe better than the Earth can see it.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
82. “Drink in the moon as though you might die of thirst.” — Sanober Khan
83. “This is not only a full moon for me. This is an image of your face for me.” — Gaurav G.R.V. Sharma
84. “That what secretly flows between us today, will gleam tomorrow, the way the full moon does.” — Rafy Rohaan
85. “For you, full moon, keep vigil for you, my girl, keep vigil for you, my love.” — Miguel Ángel Sáez Gutiérrez
Beautiful moon quotes about our light in the night sky
86. “The moon was a ghostly galleon tossed upon cloudy seas.” — Alfred Noyes
87. “I like to think that the moon is there even if I am not looking at it.” — Albert Einstein
88. “We all shine on… like the moon and the stars and the sun… we all shine on.” — John Lennon
89. “The moon puts on an elegant show, different every time in shape, color, and nuance.” — Arthur Smith
90. “The moon is a silver pin-head vast, That holds the heaven’s tent-hangings fast.” — William R. Alger
91. “Yours is the light by which my spirit’s born—you are my sun, my moon, and all my stars.” — E.E. Cummings
92. “The moon can never breathe, but it can take our breath away with the beauty of its cold, arid orb.” — Munia Khan
93. “I swear, the reason for full moons is so the gods can more clearly see the mischief they create.” — Michael J. Sullivan
94. “Life is too short to not have fun; we are only here for a short time compared to the sun and the moon and all that.” — Coolio
95. “The sky was a midnight-blue, like warm, deep, blue water, and the moon seemed to lie on it like a water-lily, floating forward with an invisible current.” — Willa Cather
Moon quotes from song lyrics
96. “My mind be so cloudy baby, I can’t see the moon. I’m only talking facts, I don’t assume.” — Virgo Parks, High as the Moon
97. “I can’t see the darkness anymore. When I’m staring at the moon, moon I don’t feel the darkness anymore.” — Esy Defrin, Moon
98. “Nights on the moon. I’m not weightless, but I feel close to it. I can hit heights on the moon.” — Alex Parker, Nights on the Moon
99. “Dark moon, way up high up in the sky. Oh, tell me why, oh tell me why you’ve lost your splendor.” — Elvis Presley, Dark Moon
100. “We’re gonna chase the moon, chase the moon, chase the moon tonight. We’re gonna leave the world behind.” — Sha Breezie, Chase the Moon
101. “Let go and let it be. Baby grab my hand and go along with the beat. Now you’re in the dark side of the moon.” — Sebastian Hex, Dark Side of the Moon
102. “Groove it till you feel it. Feel the rhythm in your feet and close your eyes and feel your heart beating to the moon music.” — TonzA, Dancin’ on a Moon
103. “And if you fit into my world I’ll give you every galaxy. The sun, the sea, the earth, the moon; So tell me, do you feel it too?” — Hailee Smogavec, Over the Moon
104. “Looking at the moon in the night sky, thinking ’bout the ways it can change lives. Thinking ’bout the way it can change tides. Thinking ’bout how I always miss it in the daytime.” — A.T.S.D., Moon
105. “Everybody said that the moon won’t fall. It’s been there for time, holding strong and tall. Everybody said that the moon won’t fall. No need to panic, no worries at all.” — FoxyNoTail, Slack’s Fault
Moon quotes from Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin along with other people involved in the Apollo missions
106. “That’s one small step for [a] man; one giant leap for mankind.” — Neil A. Armstrong, Commander of Apollo 11
107. “Frequently on the lunar surface I said to myself, This is the Moon, that is the Earth. I’m really here, I’m really here!” — Alan Bean, Apollo 12
108. “It’s different, but it’s very pretty out here. I suppose they are going to make a big deal of all this.” — Neil A. Armstrong, Commander of Apollo 11
109. “Here Men From Planet Earth First Set Foot Upon The Moon July 1969 A.D. We Came In Peace For All Mankind.” — Plaque left on the Moon by Apollo 11
110. “I think a future flight should include a poet, a priest and a philosopher . . . we might get a much better idea of what we saw.” — Michael Collins, Apollo 11
111. “If somebody had said before the flight, “Are you going to get carried away looking at the earth from the moon?” I would have said, “No, no way.” But yet when I first looked back at the earth, standing on the moon, I cried.” — Alan Shepard, Astronaut
112. “When the eagle landed on the moon, I was speechless—overwhelmed, like most of the world. Couldn’t say a word. I think all I said was, “Wow! Jeez!” Not exactly immortal. Well, I was nothing if not human.” — Walter Cronkite, CBS News Anchor
113. “Well, Frank, my thoughts are very similar. The vast loneliness up here at the moon is awe-inspiring, and it makes you realize what you have back there on earth. The earth from here is a grand oasis in the big vastness of space.” — Jim Lovell, live Apollo 8
114. “This has been far more than three men on a mission to the Moon; more still than the efforts of a government and industry team; more, even, than the efforts of one nation. We feel this stands as a symbol of the insatiable curiosity of all mankind to explore the unknown.” — Buzz Aldrin, Apollo 11
115. “Neil and Buzz, I am talking to you by telephone from the Oval Office at the White House, and this certainly has to be the most historic telephone call ever made. Because of what you have done, the heavens have become a part of man’s world. As you talk to us from the Sea of Tranquility, it inspires us to redouble our efforts to bring peace and tranquility to Earth.” — President Richard M. Nixon
Moon quotes from the bible
116. “Praise Him, sun and moon; Praise Him, all stars of light!” — Psalm 148:3
117. “The moon and stars to rule by night, for His lovingkindness is everlasting.” — Psalm 136:7-9
118. “He made the moon for the seasons; The sun knows the place of its setting.” — Psalm 104:19
119. “It shall be established forever like the moon, and the witness in the sky is faithful.” — Psalm 89:37
120. “When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained.” — Psalm 8:3
121. “God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night.” — Genesis 1:16-18
122. “And the fixed order of the moon and the stars for light by night, Who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar.” — Jeremiah 31:35
123. “There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.” — 1 Corinthians 15:41
124. “And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb.” — Revelation 21:23
125. “Now he had still another dream, and related it to his brothers, and said, ‘Lo, I have had still another dream; and behold, the sun and the moon and eleven stars were bowing down to me.’” — Genesis 37:9
Moon quotes that will make your day
126. The moon understands what it means to be human. Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections.” – Tahereh Mafi
127. “The sun loves the moon so much that he dies every night to let her breathe, and in return, she reflects his love.” — Jeffrey Fry
128. What other body could pull an entire ocean from shore to shore? The moon is faithful to its nature and its power is never diminished.” – Deng Ming-Dao
129. “There was a man who loved the moon, but whenever he tried to embrace her, she broke into a thousand pieces and left him drenched, with empty arms.” ― Laini Taylor
130. “The moon is at her full, and riding high, Floods the calm fields with light. The airs that hover in the summer sky are all asleep tonight.” – William C Bryant
131. “Do not swear by the moon, for she changes constantly. then your love would also change.” ― William Shakespeare, “Romeo and Juliet”
132. “Promises are like the full moon, if they are not kept at once they diminish day by day.” – German Proverb
133. “I want to be in love with you the same way I am in love with the moon with the light shining out of its soul.” — Sanober Khan
134. “The full moon appears at night with all its might and erases all the stars from the sky! Do the same to impress the world, stand in front of the world with all your strength and all your being!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
135. “We love the night and its quiet; and there is no night that we love so well as that on which the moon is coffined in clouds.” — Fitz-James O’Brien
Moon quotes that will make you think
136. “The moon is alive because of the darkness – how could we ever be afraid of something that gives the stars a home?” – Laura Chouette
137. “A full moon hung across the heavens like a pregnant belly.” ― Kien Nguyen
138. “Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
139. “We take daylight for granted. But moonlight is another matter.”― Richard Adams
140. “Don’t worry if you’re making waves just by being yourself. The Moon does it all the time.” – Scott Stabile
141. “The sun works the day shift; the moon, the night shift.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
142. “Moonlight is sculpture; sunlight is painting.” ― Nathaniel Hawthorne
143. “The light of the Moon reminds us that when we share the light of others, we shine in our own unique way.”― Suzy Davies
144. “The moon was up, painting the world silver, making things look just a little more alive.”
― N.D. Wilson
145. “The Moon is not an electric light bulb that you can change with another!”― Avijeet Das
Moon Quotes For Its Bright Glow
146. “We are going to the moon that is not very far. Man has so much farther to go within himself.” ― Anais Nin
147. “Tonight I’m going to shower and then just walk for about four hours and look at the moon.” ― Rafer Johnson
148. “Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars.” ― Frank Sinatra
149. “I am bold enough to say that a man-made Moon voyage will never occur regardless of all scientific advances.” ― Lee De Forest
150. “For the moon though one, dispels the darkness, which the stars, though numerous, do not.” ― Chanakya
151. “How very wonderful friends the moon, the sea and the night are!” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
152. “We went to the moon and discovered Earth.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
153. “It broke my heart when I learned the moon had been passing the sun’s light off as its own.” ― Joanna Newsom
154. “I feel as though someone’s handed me the moon… and I don’t exactly know what to do with it.” ― Lucy Maud Montgomery
155. “They say reach for the stars and you will get to the moon. I say reach for yourself and you will get to the stars.” ― Francisco Leon
Moon Quotes That Will Make You Focus
156. “I see myself at crossroads in my life, mapless, lacking bits of knowledge – then, the Moon breaks through, lights up the path before me.” ― John J. Geddes
157. “We’ll go into orbit. We’ll go to the Moon. This business has no limits.” ― Richard Branson
158. “The moon’s a powerful mistress. She can reach through any wall or covering and work her wicked charms.” ― Darren Shan
159. “Poetry is like standing on the edge of a lake on a moonlit night and the light of the moon is always pointing straight at you.” ― Billy Collins
160. “When finger point at moon, don’t look at finger or you’ll miss the moon.” ― Bruce Lee
161. “Seen from the moon we are all the same size.” ― Multatuli
162. “When water is still like a mirror it can behold the Moon.” ― Rumi
163. “Only let the moving waters calm down, and the sun and moon will be reflected on the surface of your being.” ― Deepak Chopra
164. “We know what the surface of the moon is better than we know what the surface of the sea floor is.” ― James Garner
165. “I have the LIFE magazine of the men walking on the moon.” ― Christa McAuliffe
Moon Quotes About Its Glow
166. “The sun and moon shine on all without partiality.” ― Confucius
167. “You can’t love by desiring an extremely vague desire of a very vague moon.” ― Leonard Woolf
168. “Scientific man is already on the moon, and yet we are still living with the moral concepts of Homer.” ― Michelangelo Antonioni
169. “A sudden cloud formation of birds was swallowed up by the moon, and he was just as suddenly penned in by four walls-the demons’ pen.” ― Mo Yan
170. “I see the moon like a clipped piece of silver. Like gilded bees the stars cluster round her.” ― Oscar Wilde
171. “How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless.” ― Paul Bowles
172. “The moon glows on the river, wind rustles the pines. Long night clear evening–what are they for?” ― Ueda Akinari
173. “And I tell myself, a moon will rise from my darkness.” ― Mahmoud Darwish
174. “The piece of equipment I’m most found off is my telescope. The other night I had a superb view of the moon.” ― Arthur C. Clarke
175. “In any city with lots of skyscrapers, lots of skyline, the moon seems bigger than it is. It’s called the moon illusion.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Fascinating Moon Quotes For You
176. “The Moon affects people in other ways, for a beautiful crescent suspended in a twilit sky can stir our hearts.” — Ken Croswell
177. “The new Moon is an auspicious time for a fresh start.” — Cerridwen Greenleaf
178. “When one starts thinking of the full moon as a common sight that will come again to one’s eyes ad-infinitum, the value of life is diminished and life goes by uncherished.” — Roman Payne
179. “The moon is the accomplice of all things related to the heart.” — Walter Mercado
180. “Unlike the sun’s rays, which burn the earth, the moon soothes with her gentle radiance.” — Lillian Too
181. “I’ve never seen a moon in the sky that, if it didn’t take my breath away, at least misplaced it for a moment.” — Colin Farrell
182. “Anyone who knows me, should learn to know me again; for I am like the moon, you will see me with a new face everyday.” — Rumi
183. “The moon is too close. I want to go further.” — Shirley MacLaine
184. “Under the beautiful moonlight, there remains no ugly reality.” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
185. “I can hit it farther on the moon. But actually, my swing is better here on Earth.” — Alan Shepard
Moon Quotes For A Beautiful Sky
186. “The moon is but a candle-glow / That flickers thro’ the gloom / The starry space, a castle hall.” — Vachel Lindsay
187. “The Moon is almost as obvious as the Sun. Clouds permitting, we can see it in the evening sky nearly half the time.” — David A. Rothery
188. “Beautiful Moon, with thy silvery light, / Thou seemest most charming to my sight; / As I gaze upon thee in the sky so high, / A tear of joy does moisten mine eye.” — William Topaz McGonagall
189. “While gazing on the moon’s light, / A moment from her smile I turn’d, / To look at orbs that, more bright, / In lone and distant glory burn’d.” — Thomas Moore
190. “Roses and lilies, romance and love, / Still moon, chill moon, swinging above? / Slender your feet as a white birds throat, / High moon, shy moon, drifting your boat.” — Zora Bernice May Cross
191. “Lights go off / We can make love on a full moon / Everything’s fine on a full moon / Lights go off on a full moon.” — Hiroomi Tosaka
192. “I’ll love those moonlight looks alone / That bless my home and guide my way.” — Thomas Moore
193. “I have a compact to commune / A monthly midnight with the Moon; / Into its face I stare and stare, / And find sweet understanding there.” — Robert William Service
194. “Those stars, that moon, for me they shine / With lovely, but no startling light; / My joy is much, but not as thine, / A joy that fills the pulse, like fright.” — Coventry Patmore
195. “The Moon is our nearest neighbour in space – only about a quarter of a million miles away – and is our faithful companion, staying together with us as we journey around the Sun.” — Patrick Moore
Moon Quotes About Lunar Inspiration
196. “The moon is a celestial object that symbolizes mystery, wonder, and the cyclical nature of life and death.” ― J.K. Rowling
197. “The moon is a faithful witness to all that transpires on the Earth and the skies above.” ― Leonardo da Vinci
198. “The moon is a symbol of eternal love and infinite possibility, reminding us that anything is possible if we dare to reach for it.” ― Oprah Winfrey
199. “The moon is a mirror reflecting the mysteries of the universe, a silent sentinel keeping watch over our world.” ― John F. Kennedy
200. “The moon has a magic all its own. It can inspire, uplift, and reveal the deepest secrets of the human soul.” ― Maya Angelou
201. “The moon is a constant reminder that we are never truly alone in the universe.” ― Stephen Hawking
202. “The moon is a celestial body that has inspired poets, musicians, and lovers for centuries.” ― Dan Brown
203. “The moon is not a deity but a grand and wondrous natural phenomenon.” ― Isaac Asimov
204. “The moon is a white weird glitter that they stick up there to give the stars something to play with.” ― Dylan Thomas
205. “The moon has been a light in the night sky for as long as there have been people to look up and wonder.” ― Neil Armstrong
Did you enjoy these moon quotes?
The moon makes our world beautiful at night.
Just like it, we should have confidence in our beauty and elegance, regardless of whatever imperfections we might have.
The moon reminds us that darkness can’t take away the beauty of life.
Despite the ups and downs of life, we should reflect beauty and believe in our purpose.
Which of these moon quotes was your favorite?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
Also, if you enjoyed the quotes, don’t forget to share with your friends and followers.
September 12, 2019 at 10:46 PM
George Carlin’s quote, by far! Very introspective.