A man of great strength matched with unremarkable determination, these Mike Tyson quotes will make you feel powerful.
Mike Tyson is an American former professional boxer who is considered to be one of the greatest heavyweights of all time. Tyson became the first heavyweight boxer to simultaneously hold the WBA, WBC and IBF titles, he holds the record as the youngest boxer to win a heavyweight title at 20 years and has been inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame and the World Boxing Hall of Fame.
Tyson was known for his ferocious and intimidating boxing style as well as his controversial behavior in and outside the ring. He has had a few problems in his life, but there are lots of success lessons we can learn from him.
The former undisputed champion inspires us to be confident, to be willing to work hard, to take advantage of our opportunities, to believe we are the best, and to love the pain we endure on our journey to success. He reminds us that success starts with your mindset; you can become a master in your field as long as you have patience and the correct mindset and attitude.
Despite his controversial behaviors, Tyson has always been an outstanding boxer. If you’re striving for success, you can gain great value from his opinions and thoughts.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and powerful Mike Tyson quotes, collected from a variety of sources over the years. We hope you enjoy reading them as much as we enjoyed collecting them.
Mike Tyson Quotes To Make You Feel Like A Champ
1. “Confidence breeds success and success breeds confidence. Confidence applied properly surpasses genius.” – Mike Tyson
2. “The ability to apply the discipline, the ability to do what needs to be done no matter how he feels inside, in my opinion, is the definition of a true professional.” – Mike Tyson
3. “I’m the biggest fighter in the history of the sport. If you don’t believe it, check the cash register.” – Mike Tyson
4. “You can’t be disturbed by anything. There’s no emotion involved. You can’t feel sorrow, you can’t feel pity, there’s nothing you feel. The job has to be done.” – Mike Tyson
5. “As long as we persevere and endure, we can get anything we want.” – Mike Tyson
6. “I’m a dreamer. I have to dream and reach for the stars, and if I miss a star then I grab a handful of clouds.”- Mike Tyson
7. “I’ll fight anybody my trainer puts me in with because I’m confident I can beat any fighter in the world. If anybody can see I’m almost a master at evading punches coming at me.” – Mike Tyson
8. “In order to succeed greatly, you have to be prepared to fail greatly. If you can’t do both of them, you’ve got a problem.” – Mike Tyson
9. “You can’t be disturbed by anything. There’s no emotion involved. You can’t feel sorrow, you can’t feel pity, there’s nothing you feel. The job has to be done.” – Mike Tyson
10. “I just want to do what I do best, and that’s fight. I love it.” – Mike Tyson
Mike Tyson quotes on overcoming obstacles and disappointments
11. “Whatever you want, especially when you’re striving to be the best in the world at something, there’ll always be disappointments, and you can’t be emotionally tied to them, because they’ll break your spirit.” – Mike Tyson
12. “My biggest weakness is my sensitivity. I’m too sensitive a person.” – Mike Tyson
13. “I’m gonna make sure you talk about me, and your grandkids and kids after that gonna know about me…your great grandkids will say “wow, wasn’t that a bizarre individual?” –Mike Tyson
14. “You stand your ground and you perform your art. That’s what the artist does. The artist is about perfection.” – Mike Tyson
15. “Hard times fall upon everybody. Whatever it is, we’re going to get out of it.” – Mike Tyson
16. “Everyone says “I wish I was in your shoes…”, the hundreds of people that wish they were in my shoes don’t know the tenth of it. If they were in my shoes they would cry like a baby.”- Mike Tyson
17. “Most fighters are the most humble people in the world because they’ve gotten their ass kicked before.” – Mike Tyson
18. “I don’t try to intimidate anybody before a fight. That’s nonsense. I intimidate people by hitting them.” – Mike Tyson
19. “That equals to being a fool, having fame and no fortune. A lot of guys out there have fame doing this and doing that, but they are broke.” – Mike Tyson
20. “Fighting is a sport if you’re not humble it’s going to bring humbleness to you.” – Mike Tyson
Mike Tyson quotes on determination and willpower
22. “The closer I get to the ring, I’m more confident once I’m in the ring I’m a god no one can beat me.” – Mike Tyson
23. “I’m scared every time I go into the ring, but it’s how you handle it. What you have to do is plant your feet, bite down on your mouthpiece and say, ‘Let’s go.’” – Mike Tyson
24. “A good fighter needs to be diligent, committed and disciplined doing what you hate to do but do it like you love it.” – Mike Tyson
25. “Many times I quit boxing even before I became a professional boxer” – Mike Tyson
26. “Getting out of the dressing room I have supreme confidence, but I’m scared to death, I’m afraid of losing, being humiliated but the closer I get to the ring I”m totally confident.” – Mike Tyson
27. “The tempt for greatness is the biggest drug in the world.” – Mike Tyson
28. “Sometimes when people don’t have the determination, the will and the the confidence they give in to the slightest struggle” – Mike Tyson
29. “ Any man can do what he has to do. But doing it like you love it? That is what takes it to a whole different level. A champion does it like he loves it, even when he doesn’t.” – Mike Tyson
30. “If you don’t do it for passion and love, the emotional outcome will be disastrous.” – Mike Tyson
Mike Tyson quotes on winning and confidence
31. “Every win, regardless a good or bad one, gives you more confidence.” – Mike Tyson
31. “In order to be a friend to anybody, you have to be a friend to yourself. If you’re not a friend to yourself, there’s no way you’re gonna have any friends.” – Mike Tyson
32. “You come home, and you party. But after that, you get a hangover. Everything about that is negative.” – Mike Tyson
33. “God lets everything happen for a reason. It’s all a learning process, and you have to go from one level to another.” – Mike Tyson
34. “Greatness is not guarding yourself from the people; greatness is being accepted by the people.” – Mike Tyson
35. “We all have struggles in life but we have to continue to fight.” – Mike Tyson
36. “My power is discombobulating devastating. I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It’s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm.” – Mike Tyson
37. “Anger is my biggest enemy in life.” – Mike Tyson
38. “It’s good to know how to read, but it’s dangerous to know how to read and not how to interpret what you’re reading.” – Mike Tyson
39. “There’s nothing wrong with making mistakes, just don’t make the same ones. We don’t want to duplicate them.” – Mike Tyson
40. “That’s what people respect, the fact that I wasn’t a chump that laid on his back and gave up.” – Mike Tyson
Mike Tyson quotes to inspire and motivate you on your journey to success
41. “The only thing I do is just pray for inspiration, for a way of thinking, because I don’t have any particular goal in sight.” – Mike Tyson
42. “Unfortunately, sometimes you can’t have fun accomplishing your goals. Sometimes people don’t have the determination, the will, the steadfastness, the tenacity, they give in under the slightest struggle.” – Mike Tyson
43. “Everyone that you fight is not your enemy and everyone who helps you is not your friend.” – Mike Tyson
44. “I can’t change myself. I’m Mike Tyson. I’m a regular kid from the ghetto striving to do something positive with myself. I happen to fight well.” – Mike Tyson
45. “It’s good to be successful and have financial status but if you’re only gonna live for the money, you’re only gonna reach a certain status and I’m in there for greatness and peace of mind.” – Mike Tyson
46. “In order for me to achieve… I had to regard myself greater than what I was. In other words I had to fake it until I make it.” – Mike Tyson
47. “You need to learn independence. You have to be independent – it builds character.” – Mike Tyson
48. “I had to persevere because this was my life. This championship, this was the stuff I dreamt of all my life, and I wasn’t gonna be denied.” – Mike Tyson
49. “My style was impetuous, my defenses were impregnable, and I was ferocious.” – Mike Tyson
50. “I’m the best ever. I’m the most brutal and vicious, the most ruthless champion there has ever been. No one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No! He’s no Alexander! I’m Alexander! I’m the best ever.” – Mike Tyson
More Mike Tyson quotes and sayings
51. “Discipline is doing what you hate to do, but nonetheless doing it like you love it.” – Mike Tyson
52. “At one point, I thought life was about acquiring things. But as I get older, life is totally about losing everything.” – Mike Tyson
53. “I try my best to learn from other people’s mistakes. I have a lot of respect for people who can change.” – Mike Tyson
54. “There’s nothing like being young, and happy, and fighting.” – Mike Tyson
55. “Everybody wants to be somebody. Everybody wants to be noticed. Everybody wants to be somebody important. Importance is just treating people good. That’s important.” – Mike Tyson
56. “Sometimes, the people we invest the most time in disappoint us the most.” – Mike Tyson
57. “Fighters are never who they appear to be.” – Mike Tyson
58. “People relate to fighters so much because fighting reflects life.” – Mike Tyson
59. “Every great general and warrior from the beginning of time was high.” – Mike Tyson
60. “The mind is a real dangerous neighborhood to travel by ourselves.” – Mike Tyson
Which of these Mike Tyson quotes was your favorite?
Mike Tyson has had his fair share of controversy, but he has transformed himself from the baddest dude on the planet to a fun and welcoming figure. His tumultuous experiences teach us a lot on the ways to approach life and how to become better people.
Despite having a difficult childhood, Tyson rose to become arguably one of the greatest fighters that ever lived. We hope his words have inspired you to believe in yourself and your abilities, regardless of circumstance.
Did you enjoy these Mike Tyson quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
May 5, 2019 7:00 AM EST