Dark Anime Quotes For Mature Anime Fans
March 6, 2023 10:24 AM EST
Fans of anime that are looking for some more mature material will enjoy these dark anime quotes.
When you hear something is an anime series, you may think it is only for young people, but a subcategory within anime called “dark anime” is for a mature audience.
These dark anime series typically have death, are more bloody, and some even have sexual content, so they should be treated as R-rated movies and kept away from a young audience.
Dark anime explores things like emotional and psychological concepts, death, and trauma.
The nature of dark anime can be dark enough that it is considered somewhat controversial and is even banned in some countries.
Take a look at these dark anime quotes to learn more about some of the more popular dark anime series.
You will also enjoy our article on sad anime quotes.
Dark Anime Quotes About Death
Learn interesting perspectives on death from these dark anime quotes.
1. “I bet dead people are easier to get along with.” — Crona
2. “I have no fear of death. It just means dreaming in silence.” — Vincent Volaju
3. “Humans will even kill other humans if they have “truth” as an excuse.” — Sanetoshi Watase
4. “Corpses are good; they don’t babble. Only they can understand my feelings.” — Sumire Muroto
5. “Death isn’t kind. It’s dark and black and as far as you… As far as you can see, you’re all alone.” — Mei Misaki
6. “But you’ve finally come to realize it now, haven’t you? Only one thing is equal for all, and that is death.” — Johan Liebert
7. “It’s rather fair in its treatment. There’s no such thing as a terrible death; that’s why it’s frightening.” — Sunako
8. “It’s odd, isn’t it? People die every day and the world goes on like nothing happened.” — Kyoko Kirigiri
9. “It’s the arch of the universe. Everything that comes to life eventually ceases to exist.” — Baraggan Louisenbairn
10. “Man always thinks about the past before he dies, as if he were frantically searching for proof he truly lived.” — Jet Black
Dark Anime Quotes About Loneliness
If you’re feeling lonely, you may relate to these anime quotes.
11. “Perhaps the companionship of an evil person is preferable to loneliness.” — Gaara
12. “Being alone is better than being with the wrong person.” — L Lawliet
13. “I don’t care if no one like me; I wasn’t created in this world to entertain everyone.” — Houtarou Oreki
14. “No matter how many relationships we seem to have, we’re all alone.” — Mei Misaki
15. “If you’re not remembered, then you never existed.” — Lain Iwakura
16. “The scariest and the most painful thing is to be hated by someone you truly love.” — Tohru Honda
17. “Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.” — Rena Ryuugu
18. “When you are miserable, you need something that is even more miserable than you to feel good about yourself.” — Lucy
19. “People only drown themselves in alcohol when they have something they wanna forget. It’s an escape from reality.” — Meryl Stryfe
20. “The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don’t wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.” — Jellal Fernandes
Dark Anime Quotes About Relationships
There are many different thoughts on relationships, trust, and love, as shown in these quotes.
21. “Someone who chooses to kill himself isn’t cut out for love.” — Yato
22. “In this world, there are very few people who actually trust each other.” — Light Yagami
23. “Forgetting is like a wound. The wound may heal, but it has already left a scar.” — Monkey D. Luffy
24. “No matter how gifted you are… You, alone, cannot change the world.” — L Lawliet
25. “Love is like a mirror that reflects your wrong side. Especially when it is unrequited, you get envious, jealous, prejudiced, and resentful.” — Margery Daw
26. “For the right price, you can buy not only treasures but dreams, hearts, and even people’s lives!” — Leorio Paradinight
27. “I’m rather proud of my ability to tell lies. I can trick not only others but even my own heart.” — Celestia Ludenberg
28. “So how about we become monsters together? And turn this world upside down?” — Homura Akemi
29. “To protect yourself, your mind shuts out any emotions you have. It’s like a steel door.” — Edward Elric
30. “To know sorrow is not terrifying. What is terrifying is to know you can’t go back to the happiness you could have.” — Matsumoto Rangiku
More of the Most Popular Dark Anime Quotes
If you like dark anime, here are some more quotes you may recognize or enjoy.
31. “The real hell is inside the person.” — Ai Enma
32. “Living is anxiety and pain. It’s continuing to think, continuing to choose.” — Alcor
33. “How can you move forward when you keep regretting the past?” — Edward Elric
34. “Reality is cruel, so I’m sure lies are a form of kindness.” — Hachiman Hikigaya
35. “I’ve made a contract with the devil, so I can’t be friends with a god.” — Lelouch Lamperouge
36. “How can you destroy a monster without becoming one?” — Kaneki
37. “Stress makes you bald, but it’s stressful to avoid stress, so you end up stressed out anyway. In the end, there’s nothing you can do.” — Gintoki Sakata
38. “Money. Any other measures of value ain’t nothing more than sentimental bullsh*t.” — Revy Rebecca
39. “All animals get thrown away when they are no longer wanted. You don’t think so?” —Makoto Sawatari
40. “All their actions are based off self-interest, they’ll forget the favors they owe, but they’ll hold onto grudges forever. Such self-absorbed idiots aren’t worth protecting if you ask me.” —Saber Of Red
Dark Anime Quotes About War
Strong words about war and killing in these dark anime quotes.
41. “War is not heroic.” — Izuru Kira
42. “War never changes. It always sucks.” — Ryner Lute
43. “Men are not men on the battlefield. We turn into some other creature.” — Edward Elric
44. “This world is cruel. It hit me that living was like a miracle.” — Mikasa Ackerman
45. “The weak are destined to lie beneath the boots of the strong. If that angers you, overcome your deficits.” — Esdeath
46. “Guns are literally within reach of anyone. Sadly that’s where we put our faith, in bullets rather than human kindness.” — Koko Hekmatyar
47. “The scariest thing about killing people is getting used to it! When you kill someone and realize you won’t be punished… That’s when people forget all about punishment.” — Rentaro Satomi
48. “They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield. Such illusions, perpetrated by heroes throughout history, have led countless young men to their bloody deaths, all for the sake of this valor and glory.” — Kiritsugu Emiya
49. “I killed many people to act on my ideal. I killed so many that I stopped caring about innocent people, and I saved a thousand times as many as I killed.” — Archer
50. “The ability to make excuses for doing cruel and irredeemable things. It is an unfortunate trait that all humans possess in some capacity.” — Jeanne d’Arc
What Are Some of the Most Popular Dark Anime Series?
Although there are many popular dark anime series, there are some that stick out more than others.
Some of the most popular dark anime series are: Attack on Titan and Berserk are very popular and are known for their extreme violence.
Another and The Death Note are both dark paranormal series that are very popular.
Please share these dark anime quotes with your mature anime-loving friends and post any comments about the genre in the comment section below.