What is seen with the eyes is not always what is true in the heart. Enjoy these Itachi quotes.
The World of Anime has entertained many, but like in all things, there is a lesson behind the entertainment. While the character Itachi may have seemed to be an open book, the truth was there was more to Itachi than what was first seen. He was wise and behind his action was the love of his family, particularly his little brother.
While the Itachi quotes below are from anime, we can see ourselves in many of them. We may not always make the best choices, but we are often doing things with good intentions. And when we judge before we know someone to be true or false, we lose the opportunity to really get to understand the true person.
Don’t forget to also check out these Anime quotes to motivate and inspire you.
Wise Itachi Quotes
1. “It is foolish to fear what we have yet to see and know.” – Itachi
2. “It is not wise to judge others based on your own perceptions and by their appearances.”- Itachi
3. “Growth occurs when one goes beyond one’s limits.” – Itachi
4. “Even the strongest of opponents always have a weakness.” – Itachi
5. “Teachings that do not speak of pain have no meaning, for humankind cannot gain anything in return.” – Itachi
6. “Knowledge and awareness are vague, and perhaps better called illusions.” – Itachi
7. “However strong you become, never seek to bear everything alone. If you do, failure is certain.” – Itachi
8. “Change is impossible in this fog of ignorance.” – Itachi
9. “Those who turn their heads against their comrades are sure to die a terrible death. Be prepared.” – Itachi
10. “He who forgives and acknowledges himself, that is what it truly means to be strong!” – Itachi
Itachi Quotes About His Brother
11. “I never wanted to take out the Uchiha clan… But it was the only way to save my little brother.” – Itachi
12. “Don’t cry Sasuke. Your big brother is here to protect you, no matter what happens.” – Itachi
13. “That’s okay… Just as long as we can be together sometimes.” – Itachi
14. “Once more just before I leave this world… I wish to hear him call me elder brother.” – Itachi
15. “You and I are flesh and blood. I’m always going to be there for you even if it’s only as an obstacle for you to overcome. That’s what big brothers are for.” – Itachi
16. “We are unique siblings. I am the barrier you must overcome, so you and I will continue to exist together.” – Itachi
17. “You don’t have to forgive me… but no matter what happens to you from here on out… I will always love you…” – Itachi
18. “You Will never have to forgive me. No matter what happens to you from here on out, I will always love you” – Itachi
19. “Forgive me Sasuke… It ends with this.” – Itachi
20. “You aren’t even worth killing, foolish little brother.” – Itachi
21. “Foolish brother, if you wish to kill me – hate me, detest me, and survive in an unsightly way. Run… run and cling to life.” – Itachi
22. “You’re such a child. You talk of nothing but pipe dreams… there are times when people must make painful choices.” – Itachi
23. “I always lied to you telling you to forgive me. I used these hands to keep you at distance… I did not want you to get involved. But now… I think you could have changed father and mother.” – Itachi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Naruto quotes about life, success and relationships.
Itachi Quotes About Death
24. “We do not know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realize what you are. That’s what death is, don’t you think?” – Itachi
25. “Those who turn their hands against their comrades are sure to die a terrible death.” – Itachi
26. “People’s lives don’t end when they die, they end when they lose faith.” – Itachi
More Itachi Quotes
27. “In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony Shinobi’s blessing. But because I’m enlightened by my intelligence.” – Itachi
28. “Any technique is worthless before my eyes.” – Itachi
29. “No, it means to forgive yourself for what you aren’t able to do. Your comrades are there to make up for what you cannot do and to prevent you from ignoring things that you actually might have been able to do.” – Itachi
30. “The village does have its dark side and its inconsistencies, but I’m still Konoha’s Itachi Uchiha.” – Itachi
31. “I actually don’t think something like perfection exists. That is I think why we are born able to absorb things… and by comparing ourselves with something else we can finally head in a good direction.” – Itachi
32. “No single thing is perfect by itself. That’s why we’re born to attract other things to make up for what we lack.” – Itachi
33. “I’ll admit that you’re stronger than before. But because of that, you seem to have lost sight of what’s truly important. Now listen carefully. The people of the village, who once abhorred you, have begun to admire you. They think of you as a comrade. It’s because you fought hard for their acceptance. You once said it was everyone who cares about you who helped you get where you are now. If you forget others because you have power, and become arrogant and egotistical, you’ll eventually become just like Madara. No matter how powerful you become, do not try to shoulder everything alone. Becoming the Hokage doesn’t mean people will acknowledge you. But when the people acknowledge you, you can become Hokage. Never forget your friends.” – Itachi
34. “It’s never been “The one who becomes Hokage will be acknowledged by everyone”, it’s “The one who is acknowledged by everyone, becomes the Hokage” – Itachi
35. “Self-sacrifice… A nameless shinobi who protects peace within its shadow. That is a true shinobi.” – Itachi
36. “We are humans, not fish.” – Itachi
37. “Those who cannot acknowledge themselves, will eventually fail.” – Itachi
38. “People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That’s how they define “reality.” – Itachi
39. “Obsessed with the organization, obsessed with the clan, obsessed with our lineage… A worthless compulsion that enslaves us and limits our capabilities, leading us to fear what you don’t understand.” – Itachi
40. “So this time, for once, let me tell you one small truth.” – Itachi
Which of these Itachi quotes is your favorite?
If you are looking for a way to spend time entertaining yourself, try the world of anime. Similar to stories of mobs or the mafia, Itachi gives us a look into the life of someone that is good and evil.
No one is truly all evil, so you can see the good in Itachi hidden behind the front he presents. Sometimes the evil side leads his life, but if you look deep enough you can see the good.
Remember that like Itachi, all is not always as it first seems. There is often more to a person than the fleeting glimpse you may get into their lives.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Itachi quotes and sayings? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
November 3, 2020 7:00 AM EST