Finding the most accurate dragonfly quotes isn’t as easy as you might think.
So, to help you, we have created this list of the best dragonfly quotes.
We have also shared some background information about dragonflies.
So without any further ado, let’s start!
What is a Dragonfly?
Dragonflies are insects that are found in various places around the world.
The fascinating thing about these winged creatures is that they have existed for more than 300 million years.
Dragonflies are known for incredible acrobatics and agility skills.
Life Cycle Of Dragonflies
A dragonfly has a cylindrical body with four large wings.
This insect is popular for its amazing and attractive colors, including vibrant red, blue, and green.
The wings are transparent and can reflect light.
There are three stages of a dragonfly’s life cycle.
- The egg
- The larva
- The adult
Female dragonflies lay their eggs in or near water.
These eggs then turn into larvae after hatching.
The larvae are aquatic and live in water for months or years.
After turning into an adult dragonfly, this insect can live up to several months.
Dragonflies As Formidable Predators
Besides their attractive and colorful appearance, dragonflies are also known as skilled predators.
These insects are carnivorous and rely on various other types of insects to meet their dietary needs.
For instance, the most common preys include:
- Other small dragonflies
With their sharp and powerful mandibles, dragonflies can easily crush their prey.
Dragonflies play a key role in controlling the population of mosquitoes and other insects.
A single dragonfly can consume hundreds of mosquitoes in just a single day.
This is the reason dragonflies are occasionally called “mosquito hawks.”
Dragonflies And Our Cultures
Usually, dragonflies share an effective plan in different cultures.
In Japan, for instance, the dragonfly symbolizes courage and strength.
The insects represent activity and swiftness in Native American culture.
Artists and authors have also depicted dragonflies in their artwork.
Dragonflies are referred to as a good luck charm in various cultures.
While in some cultures, these insects represent death or evil spirits.
In many parts of the world, they are seen as a sign of summer and warm weather.
Overall, dragonflies are remarkable insects with fascinating life cycles and unique flying abilities.
Top 10 Dragonfly Quotes
Here are our top 10 dragonfly quotes that you would like to read and enjoy.
1. “Reflected in the dragonfly’s eye – mountains.” ― Kobayashi Issa
2. “As kingfishers catch fire, dragonflies draw flame.” ― Gerard Manley Hopkins
3. “Dragonflies symbolize the change in perspective of yourself.” ― John Marsden
4. “The dragonfly exists because it exists and for no other reason.” ― Marty Rubin
5. “The beauteous dragonfly’s dancing by the waves of the rivulet glancing.” ― Heinrich Heine
6. “May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with fairies, and talk to the moon.” ― Paulette M.
7. “Smile, to see the lake lay the still sky and out for an easy make the dragonfly.” ― Lorine Niedecke
8. “A dragonfly to remind me even though we are apart. Your spirit is always with me.” ― Robyn Nola
9. “When a dragonfly flutters by, you may not realize, but it’s the greatest flier in nature.” ― Louie Schwartzberg
10. “Time is for dragonflies and angels. The former live too little, and the latter live too long.” ― James Thurber
Beautiful Dragonfly Quotes
Just like dragonflies, these quotes are beautiful and will give you something meaningful and inspirational.
11. “The dragonfly charm. Embrace the magic of nature & life will be filled with good fortune.” ― Viola Shipman
12. “Did you know that at the time of the dinosaurs… Some dragonflies could be as big as a hawk.” ― Paulette Morin
13. “The dragonfly brings dreams to reality and is the messenger of wisdom and enlightenment from other realms.” ― Marty Rubin
14. “Dragonflies didn’t imagine they could sense the future. They just flew about, enjoying the sun on their wings.” ― Kate Morton
15. “Dragonflies are reminders that we are light, and we can reflect light in powerful ways if we choose to do so.” ― Robyn Nola
16. “Magic is seeing the wonder in nature’s every little thing, seeing how wonderful the fireflies are and how magical are the dragonflies.” ― Ama H.Vanniarachchy
17. “Anyone can buy a car or a night on the town… I don’t mean gawking at the Chrysler Building. I’m talking about the wing of a dragonfly…” ― Amor Towles
18. “Danced and buzzed in the golden autumn light… the air was full of… glinting dragonflies shot …with gauzy wings and gleaming bodies.” ― Arthur Conan Doyle
19. “The dragonfly is a transformer of the people… believed they went to the Star Nation and returned as dragonflies. Dragonflies were born in water…” ― Agnes Emma
20. “I can still only see a dragonfly, its wings as thin and light as silk… But on the wings of this dragonfly, I take off and fly… It is our bodies; these borrowed vehicles of flesh and bone that weigh us down…” ― Daniela I Norris
Vibrant Dragonfly Quotes
Dragonflies are known for their vibrant colors and lively movements. These dragonfly quotes hold the same energy and spirit.
21. “Yesterday a child came out to wonder, caught a dragonfly inside a jar..” ― Joni Mitchell
22. “Dragonflies are the keepers of dreams… Dragonflies inspire… creativity.” ― Agnes E.
23. “The dragonfly spiritually embodies the stripping away of negativity that holds us back.” ― Amor Towles
24. “It’s very far away; it takes about half a day to get there. If we travel by my, uh, dragonfly.” ― Jimi Hendrix
25. “Their love as a dragonfly… stoppin’ to visit the lotus. Eating dreams and drinking blue sky.” ― Janet Fitch
26. “I am the dragonfly rising on the wings of unlocked dreams on the verge of magical things.” ― Aimee Stewart
27. “Despite its dark veins, the transparency of dragonfly’s wings assures me of a pure, innocent world.” ― Munia Khan
28. “Deep in the sun searched growths, the dragonfly hangs as a blue thread loosened from the sky.” ― Dante Gabriel Rossetti
29. “Living things tend to change unrecognizably… Who would deduce the dragonfly from the larva… the lawyer from the infant?” ― Diane Ackerman
30. “The dragonfly is an exceptionally beautiful insect… has four wings that beat independently… A dragonfly can put on a burst of speed… switch direction in a flash…”― Richard Preston
Inspiring Dragonfly Quotes
Dragonflies are symbols of change, transformation, and adaptability. These inspiring dragonfly quotes offer wisdom and motivation for navigating life’s transitions with grace and courage.
31. “But for hours… powerless to move as a dragonfly in amber.” ― Diana Gabaldon
32. “Add a pair of wings to a pepper pod, and you will make a dragonfly.” ― Chris Bradford
33. “Restless dragonfly, darting, dancing.Over the ribbons of trailing weed.” ― Arthur Christopher Benson
34. “Fly, Dragonfly, fly! Spread your wings… take off to the skies, follow the blowing winds!” ― O. Eggy
35. “If you are old and you wish to be young again if only for a moment, try and identify a dragonfly.” ― Simon Barnes
36. “Today I saw the dragonfly come from the wells where he did lie… A living flash of light he flew.” ― Alfred Lord Tennyson
37. “Dragonfly with wings of blue, what makes me wonder just like you… the colors of life, just like you.” ― Johnny Dod
38. “This dragonfly… He was hovering right in front of my face… How does he see me? I became enlightened.” ― Ziggy Marley
39. “The dragonfly pauses in the middle of an April rain to listen to the girl who cries. The girl… looks at the dragonfly and wonders what it means to pause in the middle of an April rain.” ― Robyn
40. “So, that was Nature’s way. The mosquito felt pain and panic, but the dragonfly knew nothing of cruelty. Humans would call it evil, the big dragonfly destroying the mosquito and ignoring the little insects suffering.” ― John Marsden
Some More Dragonfly Quotes
Below are some more beautiful and fantastic dragonfly quotes to read and share on social media.
41. “A wet dragonfly can fly again!” ― Anaka Jones
42. “Dragonflies are an endless pleasure.” ― Cindy Crosby
43. “On dragonfly wings with buttercup tea.” ― Indian proverb
44. “In July the ant works, the dragonfly flaunts.” ― Russian proverb
45. “A dragonfly arrives and leaves like a change of mind.” ― David Mitchell
46. “One can hardly believe a dragonfly laid the eagle eggs.” ― Georgian proverb
47. “I got to keep a clip for my hair. It had a pretty little dragonfly on it.” ― Mackenzie Foy
48. “The other day, I tried to remember what was the word for ‘dragonfly’ and couldn’t.” ― Donna Tartt
49. “One day, the dragonflies appear suddenly as the sun. Speed and softness, they lash sky to air in silent seams.” ― Ken Craft
50. “I ask the splash to summon the dragonfly. Call her from the swamp into my throat to name the lump that will never lose me.” ― Amanda Sledz
Inspirational Dragonfly Quotes
51. “There are so many reasons to fall in love with dragonflies. They have intriguing stories to tell us. They make our world a more beautiful place. And they are scrappy survivors.” ― Cindy Crosby
52. “Dragonflies hover on an abundance of air.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
53. “The distant mountain reflected in his eyes dragonfly.” — Kobayashi Issa
54. “Dragonflies say “mystery” to me.” ― Cindy Crosby
55. “Deep in the sun searched growths, the dragonfly hangs like a blue thread loosened from the sky.” — Dante Gabriel Rossetti
56. “I love to see the sunshine on the wings of the Dragonflies… there is magic in it.” ― Ama H.Vanniarachchy
57. “Chasing dragonflies, like buying good books or eating gourmet food, can be curiously addicting.” ― Cindy Crosby
58. “Dragonflies are reminders that we are light and we can reflect light in powerful ways if we choose to do so.” ― Robyn Nola
59. “I’m inspired by how dragonflies are both tough and fragile; fierce and mild.” ― Cindy Crosby
60. “Bound by blood, marked by the dragonfly.” ― L.L. Akers
Which Of These Dragonfly Quotes Is Your Favorite?
We hope you have found inspiration through our list of the best dragonfly quotes.
These quotes are associated with renowned people, which makes them authentic.
In addition, we have divided these quotes into different sections to make it easy for you to find the quote that inspires you the most.
If you have found one, share it with us via the comments section.
We would love to hear from you.