Incredible Perception Quotes About Truth and Reality
December 13, 2022 5:00 AM EST
These thought-provoking quotes about perception will blow your mind.
Perception is the combination of your thoughts, beliefs, opinions, and awareness.
The way that you perceive the world is uniquely different from anyone else.
These interesting quotes explain how our perceptions can influence our entire life.
How do you view the world and what do you believe?
Sometimes your perception will differ from the opinions of the majority, but that doesn’t make it wrong.
Your perceptions are formed from your own personal experiences, values, and knowledge.
These quotes about truth and perception may change the way that you think about things.
Your outlook on life is heavily influenced by your perceptions.
This collection of perception quotes will shed some light on your version of reality.
It’s possible to change your perception if you introduce yourself to new viewpoints and ideas.
These amazing quotes will open your mind to new possibilities and fresh beginnings.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Perception quotes to broaden your thoughts
1. “It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.” – Henry David Thoreau
You will also enjoy our article on experience quotes.
2. “Miracles are a shift in perception.” – Kenneth Wapnick
You will also enjoy our article on Scorpio quotes.
3. “Reality doesn’t bite, rather our perception of reality bites.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
You will also enjoy our article on evil eye quotes.
4. “A work of art doesn’t exist outside the perception of the audience.” – Abbas Kiarostami
You will also enjoy our article on Wu-Tang quotes.
5. “We must not allow other people’s perceptions to define us.” – Virginia Satir
You will also enjoy our article on approval quotes.
6. “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” – Oscar Wilde
7. “If I make a fool of myself, who cares? I’m not frightened by anyone’s perception of me.” – Angelina Jolie
8. “Perception is real even when it is not reality.” – Edward de Bono
9. “I think the perception of peace is what distracts most people from really having it.” – Joyce Meyer
10. “If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.” – William Blake
Perception quotes that will open your mind to new possibilities
11. “Every person has a different view of another person’s image. That’s all perception. The character of a man, the integrity, that’s who you are.” – Steve Alford
12. “The reality of life is that your perceptions – right or wrong – influence everything else you do. When you get a proper perspective of your perceptions, you may be surprised how many other things fall into place.” – Roger Birkman
13. “There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception.” – Aldous Huxley
14. “Speak up, stand up, and keep correcting the false perceptions. Stay true to your hearts views and keep chanting for peace and justice.” – Suzy Kassem
15. “The difference between average people and achieving people is their perception of and response to failure.” – John C. Maxwell
16. “Your perception creates your reality. You can look at life and see scarcity or abundance. It depends on your mindset.” – Joe Vitale
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of reality quotes aimed at helping you live your best life.
17. “It is above all by the imagination that we achieve perception and compassion and hope.” – Ursula K. Le Guin
18. “It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts. But that’s not the case anymore. Facts matter not at all. Perception is everything.” – Stephen Colbert
19. “Artists – musicians, painters, writers, poets – always seem to have had the most accurate perception of what is really going on around them, not the official version or the popular perception of contemporary life.” – Billy Joel
20. “Life is all about perception. Positive versus negative. Whichever you choose will affect and more than likely reflect your outcomes.” – Sonya Teclai
Also check out these inspirational July quotes about the hottest month of the year
Perception quotes that will change the way that you think
21. “The outer world is a reflection of the inner world. Other people’s perception of you is a reflection of them; your response to them is an awareness of you.” – Roy T. Bennett
22. “There is a major ingredient missing from our perception of how changes are brought about; that ingredient is power.” – Paul Wellstone
23. “Because our entire universe is made up of consciousness, we never really experience the universe directly we just experience our consciousness of the universe, our perception of it, so right, our only universe is perception.” – Alan Moore
24. “All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
25. “Intuition comes very close to clairvoyance; it appears to be the extrasensory perception of reality.” – Alexis Carrel
26. “The lunar flights give you a correct perception of our existence. You look back at Earth from the moon, and you can put your thumb up to the window and hide the Earth behind your thumb. Everything you’ve ever known is behind your thumb, and that blue-and-white ball is orbiting a rather normal star, tucked away on the outer edge of a galaxy.” – Jim Lovell
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Galaxy quotes for those who wonder.
27. “The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend.” – Robertson Davies
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of eyes quotes about the power of sight.
28. “One’s perception of themselves has a much bigger role than has been acknowledged to determine who succeeds and who does not.” – Sal Khan
29. “Maybe each human being lives in a unique world, a private world different from those inhabited and experienced by all other humans. . . If reality differs from person to person, can we speak of reality singular, or shouldn’t we really be talking about plural realities?” – Philip K. Dick
30. “If you have an over-preoccupation with perception and trying to please people’s expectations, then you can go mad.” – Benedict Cumberbatch
Perception quotes to help you maintain a positive point of view
31. “No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit.” – Ansel Adams
32. “What people in the world think of you is really none of your business.” – Martha Graham
33. “Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” – David Hume
34. “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Lao Tzu
35. “Miracles happen everyday, change your perception of what a miracle is and you’ll see them all around you.” – Jon Bon Jovi
36. “Owing to some peculiarity in my nervous system, I have perception of some things, which no one else has; or at least very few, if any… I can throw rays from every quarter of the universe into one vast focus.” – Ada Lovelace
37. “Your perception of the world is not necessarily the same as what is actually occurring.” – Peter Ralston
38. “You can go from object to object, from plant to plant, from animal to animal and regard them as symbols for the spiritual. In this way, you make your imaginative capacities fluid and release them from the sharp contours of sense perception.” – Rudolf Steiner
39. “There is no fixed physical reality, no single perception of the world, just numerous ways of interpreting world views as dictated by one’s nervous system and the specific environment of our planetary existence.” – Deepak Chopra
40. “The moment you change your perception is the moment you rewrite the chemistry of your body.” – Dr. Bruce Lipton
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of view quotes to challenge your perception.
More perception quotes to inspire you
41. “Reality is always kinder than the stories we tell about it.” – Byron Katie
42. “I believe you make your day. You make your life. So much of it is all perception, and this is the form that I built for myself. I have to accept it and work within those compounds, and it’s up to me.” – Brad Pitt
43. “Most of us have grown up seeing the world as a place of limitation rather than as a place of inexhaustible treasures.” – Bob Burg
44. “Perception precedes reality.” – Andy Warhol
45. “Every beauty which is seen here by persons of perception resembles more than anything else that celestial source from which we all are come.” – Michelangelo
46. “It is the function of art to renew our perception. What we are familiar with we cease to see. The writer shakes up the familiar scene, and, as if by magic, we see a new meaning in it.” – Anais Nin
47. “Reality is based on perception.” – Geoff Thompson
48. “The lives we live are a bit of a straight-hair vs. curly-hair thing. We often want what we don’t have. In reality, it’s not about better or worse; it’s just perception.” – Simon Sinek
49. “All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions.” – Leonardo da Vinci
50. “Perception is reality but it may not be actuality, and you have got to be able to keep the difference between that.” – Bill Cowher
Other insightful perception quotes
51. “All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” – Edgar Allan Poe
52. “What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing. It also depends on what sort of person you are.” – C.S. Lewis
53. “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.” – Wayne W. Dyer
54. “To change ourselves effectively, we first had to change our perceptions.” – Stephen R. Covey
55. “Always think of what is useful and not what is beautiful. Beauty will come of its own accord.” – Nikolai Gogol
56. “The optimist sees the doughnut, the pessimist sees the hole.” – McLandburgh Wilson
57. “One moment the world is as it is. The next, it is something entirely different. Something it has never been before.” – Anne Rice
58. “Perception is reality to the one in the experience.” – Danielle Bernock
59. “The truth is helpless when up against perception.” – Zack W. Van
60. “Perception was easily accomplished, required little effort, and it never had to stand the test of reality.” – Terry Goodkind
Perception Quotes by Famous Personalities
61. “The more I see, the less I know for sure.” – John Lennon
62. “It’s all in the mind.” – George Harrison
63. “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.” – William Shakespeare
64. “Your perception may not be my reality.” – Aporva Kala
65. “What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning.” – Werner Heisenberg
66. “Perceptions about people can be powerful. They can also be powerfully wrong.” – Craig Dresang
67. “Perception is created and twisted so quickly.” – Louis C. K.
68. “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.” – Charles Dickens
69. “Trust in yourself. Your perceptions are often far more accurate than you are willing to believe.” – Claudia Black
70. “Life is 10 percent what you make it, and 90 percent how you take it.” – Irving Berlin
Perception Quotes About Life
71. “With time and experience comes a different perception of what’s going on around you.” ― Chris Robinson
72. “Beyond our most stubborn misperception lies often our fondest dream.” ― Robert Brault
73. “No perspective, no perception. New perspective, new perception.” ― Toba Beta
74. “We think perception is going to become a commodity over the years.” ― Karl Iagnemma
75. “Always let intuitive perception precede analysis.” ― Darby Bannard
76. “When we become fixed in our perceptions, we lose our ability to fly.” ― Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
77. “Heightened perception is the goal: becoming more aware of how you see, not just what you see.” ― Michael Kimmelman
78. “Where perception is, there also is pain and pleasure, and where these are, there, of necessity, is desire.” ― Aristotle
79. “Opting for one perception eliminates all others.” ― Simone Bingemer
80. “Perception is merely reality filtered through the prism of your soul.” ― Christopher A. Ray
Perception Quotes To Empower You
81. “Perception is the key to understanding. One must look at things in the right light.” ― Cornelius Jones
82. “Humans see what they want to see.” ― Rick Riordan
83. “Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius
84. “It all depends on how we look at things, and not how they are in themselves.” ― Carl Jung
85. “Perception is a mirror not a fact. And what I look on is my state of mind, reflected outward.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
86. “If you learn something too well, it will get in the way of your perception of reality.” ― Walter Darby Bannard
87. “There is an art of seeing things as they are: without naming, without being caught in a network of words, without thinking interfering with perception.” ― Jiddu Krishnamurti
88. “What I had to learn was, that I’m responsible for my perception of things.” ― Chris Robinson
89. “The problem is not our situation but our perception of our situation.” ― Graham Cooke
90. “Perception is the attention, which the mind pays to a variety of impressions made upon it by external objects or by internal feelings.” ― William Magee
Which of these perception quotes has given you a new outlook on life?
Your perceptions are entirely based on your life experiences, awareness, and morals.
This collection of perception quotes will open your eyes to new truths and realities.
The way that you perceive the world is going to affect the outcome of your life.
That’s why it’s important to think critically and consider other viewpoints when making important decisions.
These thought-provoking quotes can help guide you if you want to change your perception.
The way that we think about ourselves and our lives is critical.
These perception quotes highlight the importance of maintaining a positive point of view.
Share these incredible quotes with someone in your life who could use a fresh perspective or new outlook.
What are your favorite quotes about opinions and perceptions that have opened your mind?
Let us know in the comment section below.
Ruthann G Little
August 16, 2021 at 9:25 PM
Thank you for sharing edification and knowledge.