These Drop Dead Fred quotes feature some of the funniest lines from the film from all your favorite characters, including Drop Dead Fred.
Yes, that is the name of the movie and the character.
This movie is a little strange, but it is funny to watch!
What are the benefits of reading these Drop Dead Fred quotes?
Drop Dead Fred is a black comedy fantasy film directed by Ate de Jong and produced by PolyGram and Working Title.
It was released and distributed by New Line Cinema in 1991.
Rik Mayall stars as Drop Dead Fred, the pleasant, anarchic, and mischievous imaginary friend to a young girl named Elizabeth (Phoebe Cates).
However, he is not so happy regarding his nemesis, her overbearing mother, Polly (Marsha Mason).
Some of these Drop Dead Fred quotes about Elizabeth’s mother are downright mean (although she is abusive and might deserve them)!
He causes all kinds of mischief in Elizabeth’s home and neighborhood.
Of course, he is an imaginary friend, so she is the only one who can see him!
As she grows up, he disappears; until she has an emotional crisis, and he returns to “cheer her up.”
This time the chaos is even worse than before and leads to some hilarious moments.
We can also learn a few lessons from this movie, including:
- we all deserve the best best-friend
- it is ok to need help to cope with traumatic events
- abuse can come from anyone
Keep reading these Drop Dead Fred quotes to learn more about the cult classic!
Don’t forget to check out these Bee Movie quotes about the buzz-worthy computer-animated comedy.
If you love this quote collection, read out our most popular quote article about short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Funny and inappropriate Drop Dead Fred quotes
1. “Wow! Cobwebs.” — Drop Dead Fred, Drop Dead Fred
2. “No panties! No panties!” — Drop Dead Fred, Drop Dead Fred
3. “Just kiss me, and say Drop Dead Fred…now.” — Drop Dead Fred, Drop Dead Fred
4. Charles: Does this Fred play rough?
Elizabeth: Only with me.
5. “Hello, Snotface. Yuck, what happened to you? You’re all older, you’re even uglier! Look, I’m sorry, but I’m going to have to be sick all over you immediately. Lie down.” — Drop Dead Fred, Drop Dead Fred
6. “Ah! My head! The Mega-Bitch squashed my head! The bitch! She squashed my head! The evil one reigns supreme!” — Drop Dead Fred, Drop Dead Fred
7. Fred: Well, why don’t we harpoon Charles straight through the head, drag him back to the
apartment, and hit him with a hammer until he agrees to come back?
Elizabeth: Harpoon him through the head. That won’t work, Fred.
Fred: Why not? How many times have you tried it?
8. “Drown the fishes.” — Drop Dead Fred, Drop Dead Fred
9. “Yeah, well, we’re not scared of you, fatso!” — Drop Dead Fred, Drop Dead Fred
10. “Morning. So who’s for snot flicking?” — Drop Dead Fred, Drop Dead Fred
Drop Dead Fred quotes about love, relationships, and girls
11. “Oh, great. Now I’m stuck between two complete utter girls.” — Drop Dead Fred, Drop Dead Fred
12. “I don’t love you because love is for girls and girls are disgusting.” — Drop Dead Fred, Drop Dead Fred
13. “I am a loner, a crazy, wide-eyed loner on a doomed mission to Venus to battle with the three-headed mega-beast, but on the way I caught cornflakes disease.” — Drop Dead Fred, Drop Dead Fred
14. Elizabeth: Well, what about Cinderella? Remember what happened with her?
Fred: No I don’t remember what happened *with her*. I deliberately forgot all about her. She
made me puke. I remember the ugly stepsisters. They were great.
15. “I wrote the note. Hahahahaha! Haven’t got a husband! Haven’t got a husband! Got a stupid haircut!” — Drop Dead Fred, Drop Dead Fred
16. [Elizabeth and Charles are lying down, making out on the sofa] “Hold on, hold on, that’s now how the pigeons do it. You’re supposed to stamp on her head and peck her.” — Drop Dead Fred, Drop Dead Fred
17. [Fred sees Elizabeth and Charles] “Ugh! What does that taste like?” — Drop Dead Fred, Drop Dead Fred
18. “You got married? You mean you’ve been doing it like the pigeons? No! Yuck!” — Drop Dead Fred, Drop Dead Fred
19. “Snotface, he’s the wrong man for you.” — Drop Dead Fred, Drop Dead Fred
20. “Oh Lizzie, I’m sorry, I couldn’t help myself. I’ve been smitten by Annabelle, I’ve been bewitched by her. I have been pounded flat on the anvil of love like a piece of veal with a salad on top.” — Charles, Drop Dead Fred
Drop Dead Fred quotes about what growth looks like when you are an imaginary friend
21. “Look, you’ve got you now. You don’t need me.” — Drop Dead Fred, Drop Dead Fred
22. Drop Dead Fred: Oh, you wanted me to go away? Fine, just say the magic words & I’ll piss off.
Elizabeth Cronin: Piss off!
23. Drop Dead Fred: Gotcha! You just said the magic words!
Polly: What did you just say to me?
Drop Dead Fred: She told you to piss off. Have you gone deaf?
Elizabeth: I said “Piss off” but I didn’t say it to you.
24. Fred: [pulls Elizabeth toward the stairs] Come on!
Elizabeth: Where are we going?
Fred: Playtime! [slides down the banister] Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! [he slaps straight into the newel post at the bottom]
Elizabeth: [in pain] Ahhh! Oooooh! WHO PUT THAT THERE?”
25. “It takes more than a fire truck to stop Drop Dead Fred.” — Drop Dead Fred, Drop Dead Fred
Which of these Drop Dead Fred quotes is your favorite?
While it didn’t do very well at the box office (or with critics), fans loved it!
Despite not being the best movie ever made, it is full of interesting facts!
They offered Tim Burton the director role, while they offered Robin Williams the role of “Fred.”
They turned the project down, but I could see a movie like this being made for them, and it would have likely been a much better version.
The movie was filmed in Minneapolis, but what is even cooler is that a large part of Drop Dead Fred was filmed at Prince’s Paisley Park Studios!
It’s rumored that Prince used to visit the set each evening once filming had stopped for the day to mess around and admire the costumes and props.
I could envision that too!
Have you seen this movie?
Do you just love it?
In the comment section below, let us know your favorite Drop Dead Fred scene.
November 17, 2022 8:56 AM EST