Easter is a special time of you to gather, reflect, and cherish things that are sacred. It is a blessed time of hope, renewal, and rebirth, and these Easter quotes will ignite your passion within once more.
Easter is an important festival in Christianity because it celebrates God’s victory over sin and death. Christ’s resurrection from the dead represents the eternal life promised to all who believe in Him and reminds us that loss leads to something new.
By acknowledging the belief that Jesus rose from his grave, Christians can learn a lot about faith. His resurrection symbolizes the potential for rebirth, salvation, and renewal of faith. It’s a perfect opportunity for Christians to reflect and recommit to their beliefs.
No matter what your circumstances might be, Easter gives you the opportunity to make a fresh start. Life might be full of challenges but we should always be thankful for being alive and for the beauty of the earth.
In honor a blessed season, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and uplifting Easter quotes and Easter sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Also check out our compilation of inspirational hope quotes will inspire you to look toward a bright future.
Easter Quotes to Uplift and Inspire Hope
1. “Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life.” – By S.D. Gordon
2. “The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances.” – Robert Flatt
3. “He died not for men, but for each man. If each man had been the only man made, He would have done no less.” – C. S. Lewis
4. “Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness.” – Floyd W. Tomkins
5. “The very first Easter taught us this: that life never ends and love never dies.” – Kate McGahan
6. “If Easter says anything to us today, it says this: You can put truth in a grave, but it won’t stay there. You can nail it to a cross, wrap it in winding sheets and shut it up in a tomb, but it will rise!” – Clarence W. Hall
7. “The story of Easter is the story of God’s wonderful window of divine surprise.” – Carl Knudsen
8. “Whereas “Christmas brings the promise of peace on earth” to all, within all, “Easter reveals the achievement of full Christhood by the Master and reveals the way by which we can attain immortality.” – Joel S. Goldsmith
9. “Easter is a time to rejoice, be thankful, be assured that all is forgiven, so life extends beyond the soil of the earth.” – Byron Pulsifer
10. “People come together with their families to celebrate Easter. What better way to celebrate than to spend a few hours going on the journey of Christ’s life.” – Roma Downey
Easter quotes about joy and celebration
11. “Easter is very important to me. It’s a second chance.” – Reba McEntire
12. “We will give way no more to doubts and fears, but we will say to one another, “He is risen indeed: therefore let our hearts be glad.” – Charles Spurgeon
13. “Easter tells us that life is to be interpreted not simply in terms of things but in terms of ideals.” – Charles M. Crowe
14. “We no longer live within the day on which death seemed victorious. We live in the day that came three days after. We call it Easter.” – Marcia Laycock
15. “The great gift of Easter is hope.” – Basil Hume
16. “Let every man and woman count himself immortal. Let him catch the revelation of Jesus in his resurrection. Let him say not merely, Christ is risen, but I shall rise.” – Phillips Brooks
17. “Easter is the only time when it’s perfectly safe to put all of your eggs in one basket.” – Evan Esar
18. “The great gift of Easter is hope – Christian hope which makes us have that confidence in God, in his ultimate triumph, and in his goodness and love, which nothing can shake.” – Basil C. Hume
19. “But from this earth, this grave, this dust, My God shall raise me up, I trust.” – Walter Raleigh
20. “I really do believe that God is love, one of deep affection and grace and forgiveness and inspiration.” – William P. Young
You might also like these baptism quotes explaining the religious importance.
Easter quotes to ignite your passion within
21. “Once more to new creation Awake, and death gainsay, For death is swallowed up of life, And Christ is risen today!” – George Newell Lovejoy
22. “But from this earth, this grave, this dust, my God shall raise me up, I trust.” – Walter Raleigh
23. “His sacrifice is the heart of the story. But not the end of the story. The Lord’s resurrection is the most glorious, victorious moment in history.” – Liz Curtis Higgs
24. “It is the hour to rend thy chains, The blossom time of souls.” – Katherine Lee Bates
25. “Easter is the holiest day of the year for Christians. It is a time for family gatherings to celebrate their faith as well as the beginning of Spring.” – Laura Sommers
26. “He takes men out of time and makes them feel eternity.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
27. “All of heaven is interested in the cross of Christ, hell afraid of it, while men are the only ones to ignore its meaning.” – Oswald Chambers
28. “On Easter Day, the veil between time and eternity thins to gossamer.” – Douglas Horton
29. “Do not go to an Easter service to hear the best news in the world without bringing someone with you who needs to hear it for the first time.” – Rick Warren
30. “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all the darkness.” – Desmond Tutu
Easter quotes about hope and new life
31. “Christ the Lord is risen to-day, Sons of men and angels say. Raise your joys and triumphs high; Sing, ye heavens, and earth reply.” – Charles Wesley
32. “To a Christian, Easter Sunday means everything, when we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.” – Bernhard Langer
33. “Easter is the demonstration of God that life is essentially spiritual and timeless.” – Charles M. Crowe
34. “He is risen! Gone back to glory!” The angels rejoice with great zeal! The portals of heaven are ringing, “SALVATION! Salvation is real!” – Greta Zwaan
35. “Christ has not only spoken to us by his life but has also spoken for us by his death.” – Soren Kierkegaard
36. “It is Easter. This is a season when we reflect on the suffering, sacrifice, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.” – Emily Belle Freeman
37. “And all that is therein; Invisible and visible, Their notes let all things blend, For Christ, the Lord is risen. Our joy that hath no end.” – Saint John of Damascus
38. “It’s impossible to reflect upon Easter and all of its hardships without letting it reflect in and through us.” – Stacy Voss
39. “Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime.” – Martin Luther
40. “Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song.” – By Pope John Paul II
Other beautiful Easter quotes and sayings
41. “We can celebrate today because of what Jesus has accomplished. Let us never forget that our salvation came at such a high cost. Thankfully, one which was paid by our Savior.” – David Ramos
42. “The cross could never hold Me, my Father set me free; I live! I walk in glory! No grave had claims on me.” – Greta Zwaan
43. “The joyful news that He is risen does not change the contemporary world. Still before us lie work, discipline, sacrifice. But the fact of Easter gives us the spiritual power to do the work, accept the discipline, and make the sacrifice.” – Henry Knox Sherrill
44. “The resurrection of Jesus is the most amazing miracle of all time. It is well documented that not only one person saw Him but hundreds.” – Catherine Pulsifer
45. “He knows the way because He is the way.” – Jeffrey R Holland
46. “For I remember it is Easter morn, And life and love and peace are all new born.” – Alice Freeman Palmer
47. “The Easter egg became so popular a symbol of Easter because it is like a tomb sealed out of which comes life.” – Steve Pease
48. “The Easter earthquake invites us into a new creation: a creation . . . In this new creation, the tomb does not signal the end of Jesus’ story but the beginning of the reign of his love, grace, justice, and peace.” – James A. Harnish
49. “We were old sinners—but when we came to Christ we are not sinners anymore.” –Joel Osteen
50. “He has risen. Three words that can wipe away all the loss and grief of the past days. Three words that change everything.” – Mike McKinley
Did you enjoy these Easter quotes?
Easter is the most important holy day in the Christian calendar and a blessed time that represents hope and new life. When Jesus rose from the dead, he brought humanity into a new relationship with God.
Easter reminds us to see the positive in every situation. Despite the many challenges in life, we should be thankful to be alive and for the many good things that make our lives worthwhile.
Which of these Easter quotes resonated with you best? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Feel free to share with us in the comment section below.
October 24, 2019 6:56 AM EST