Check out these fresh you only live once quotes.
You have probably seen a video or heard someone in real life yell “YOLO!” before they do something daring or take a risk.
YOLO is an acronym whose meaning is “You only live once.”
Tell us your favorite YOLO moment in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these “you only live once” quotes?
It has been the driving force behind many people finding the inner motivation to follow their passions.
To live in the moment is a gift; it is why we call it the present.
To fully live in the present means pursuing your joy without fear or limitations.
Here are a few tips for living in the present moment:
- pay attention to the little things around you
- don’t worry
You only live once reminds people that while there may be billions of others on the planet they inhabit, none of those people are exactly like you!
You are you because that is who you were meant to be, so why not be you to the fullest extent possible?
After all, you only live once!
You Only Live Once quotes for Instagram
1. “You only live once, and the way I live, once is enough.” — Frank Sinatra
2. “You only live once, so enjoy the ride.” — Oliver Gaspirtz
3. “You only live once, so live a good life!” — Shane Filan
4. “You only live once, therefore live for the right reason.” — Ramparts
5. “You only live once, so I try to say yes to everything.” — Joshua Bell
6. “You only live once and, usually, not even then.” — Michael O’Donoghue
7. “You only live once, so you might as well get some pleasure out of life.” — Leon C. Megginson
8. “You only live once. You don’t want your tombstone to read: ‘Played it Safe.’” — Rosario Dawson
9. “You only live once but can be born twice. Then, you can live forever.” — Abby Morel
10. “You only live once, so you might as well go for all the thrills you can get!” — Jerry Dorsman
Short You Only Live Once quotes
11. “You only live once, for a very short time. So make every second divine.” — Mitch Lucker
12. “You only live once, so take advantage of what you got when you have it.” — Simone Elkeles
13. “You only live once, so grab all the gusto you can get. If it feels good, do it!” — Jean Lush
14. “You only live once, so off with them pants. Hell ain’t for sure; it’s only a chance.” — Mojo Nixon
15. “If you only live once, today is as good as any day to live the life of your dreams.” — Jason Vitug
16. “Those who say ‘you only live once’ have never read a book.” — John Hughes
17. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” — Helen Keller
18. “Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.” — James Dean
19. “If you are alive, there is a purpose for life.” — Rick Warren
20. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West
You Only Live Once quotes to help you face the day
21. “Today is a brand new day. A day to heal. A day to love.” — Caroline Naoroji
22. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” — Confucius
23. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” — Oprah Winfrey
24. “Life is too short to be wasted in finding answers. Enjoy the questions!” — Paulo Coelho
25. “I love that this morning’s sunrise does not define itself by last night’s sunset.” — Steve Maraboli
26. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” — George Bernard Shaw
27. “You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted.” — Ruth E. Renkl
28. “Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” — Carl Bard
29. “Look at the sparrows – they do not know what they will do in the next moment. Let us literally live from moment to moment.” — Mahatma Gandhi
30. “Live life to the fullest. You have to color outside the lines. Once in a while, if you want to make your life a masterpiece.” — Albert Einstein
You Only Live Once quotes from famous people
31. “It’s a beautiful day. Don’t let it get away.” — U2
32. “Always look on the bright side of life.” — Monty Python
33. “Live free, dream loud, be inspired, find your power.” — Ben Herr
34. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist.” — Oscar Wilde
35. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” — Walt Disney
36. “You have to find what sparks a light in you so that you in your way can illuminate the world.” — Oprah Winfrey
37. “You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime.” — Eminem
38. “It’s my life, and it’s now or never! Cause I ain’t gonna live forever, I just want to live while I’m alive. It’s my life!” — Bon Jovi
39. “Follow your heart’s truth with no need for personal gain other than the feeling produced when doing what you truly love.” — Keke Palmer
40. “While it is tempting to play it safe, the more we’re willing to risk, the more alive we are. In the end, what we regret most are the chances we never took.” — Kelsey Grammer
Wise You Only Live Once quotes
41. “My philosophy in life is that you only live once. Live life to its fullest.” — Richard Branson
42. “Every day is a good day to be alive, whether the sun’s shining or not.” — Marty Robbins
43. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” — Abraham Lincoln
44. “Focus on what you want to do, don’t be scared to try stuff. You only live once. You gotta take risks at times.” — Mark Zupan
45. “Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you. They are supposed to help you discover who you are.” — Bernice Johnson Reagon
46. “I slept and dreamt that life was a joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted, and behold. Service was a joy.” — Rabindranath Tagore
47. “Death is not the biggest fear we have- our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive—the risk to be alive and express what we are.” — Don Miguel Ruiz
48. “Although time seems to fly by, it never travels faster than one day at a time. Each day is a new opportunity to live your life to the fullest.” — Steve Maraboli
49. “You only get so much time on this planet. You can waste it, race against it, watch it slip away. Or you can turn it into a lifelong adventure.” — Cigar Aficionado
50. “We are very good at preparing to live but not very good at living. We know how to sacrifice ten years for a diploma, and we are willing to work very hard to get a job, a car, a house, and so on. But we have difficulty remembering that we are alive in the present moment, the only moment there is for us to be alive.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
What does YOLO mean to you?
The definition of what it means to “live” is probably as diverse as the people you could ask.
Across the globe, every culture has a unique definition of what it means to live.
Despite that, having a YOLO attitude means you do the things you love!
It means you do not judge yourself and do not hold back on things that excite you or drive your curiosity.
It means you say yes to life.
Actor Kelsey Grammer observed, “While it is tempting to play it safe, the more we’re willing to risk, the more alive we are. In the end, what we regret most are the chances we never took.”
Leaving every stone unturned add to the quality of our adventure.
There is a funny saying, “You only live once; lick the bowl.”
It is a playful reminder to have fun, indulge a little, let our guard down and savor the sweet moments.
Tell us your favorite YOLO quote in the comment section below.
Don’t forget to share these great words with your friends on social media.