These scars quotes will make you think of them differently.
Scars are a part of this world. No matter who you are, you will not get out of life without experiencing some scars.
In fact, how you deal with those scars often determines who you end up being.
Whether you have proudly worn your “scars” for all to see or tried to hide them, we can all take comfort in knowing that we all have scars of one kind or another.
Most people would agree that they don’t take pleasure in receiving scars. Whether the scars are physical or emotional, they are painful to receive.
But without them, we often would not have the chance to become stronger, to become who we want to be.
Don’t forget to also check out these pain quotes honoring your strength and power.
Emotional scar quotes
1. “But not all scars showed, did they?”- Eileen Wilks
2. “Emotional scars run deeper than the Nile and often lie lurking behind a smile.”- Khang Kijarro Nguyen
3. “Some wounds never show, not even in the mirror, until we see them in the expressions on the faces of people we love.” – Cameron Jace
4. “The scars you can’t see are the hardest to heal.”- Anonymous
5. “The emotional scars of our mistakes will teach us far more than the joy of our successes”- Steven Aitchison
6. “Forgiveness is a scalpel that removes emotional scars.” – Maxwell Maltz
7. “Contrary to what we may have been taught to think, unnecessary and unchosen suffering wounds us but need not scar us for life. It does mark us. What we allow the mark of our suffering to become is in our own hands.”- Bell Hooks
8. “…real childhood scars heal, but not when band-aids replace self-reflection.” – Cameron Conaway
9. “We’ve been through a lot, and though many of the wounds have healed, the scars they’ve left behind still throb every now and then.” – Neha Yazmin
10. “Words! What power they hold. Once they have rooted in your psyche, it is difficult to escape them. Words can shape the future of a child and destroy the existence of an adult. Words are powerful. Be careful how you use them because once you have pronounced them, you cannot remove the scar they leave behind.” – Vashti Quiroz-Vega
11. “Just because you can’t see my scars it doesn’t mean that I’ve never been hurt. Emotional scars can’t be seen and sometimes they never heal.”- Sonya Parker
Physical Scar quotes
12. “My scars tell a story. They are a reminder of times when life tried to break me, but failed. They are markings of where the structure of my character was welded.”- Steve Maraboli
13. “Sometimes it’s the scars that remind you that you survived. Sometimes the scars tell you that you have healed.” – Ashley D. Wallis
14. “Some of us can begin to heal the damage people have done to us by escaping the situation, but some of us need more than that. Tattoos make statements that need to be made. Or hide things that are no one’s business. Your scars are battle wounds, but you don’t see them that way. Yet.” – Tammara Webber
15. “I show my scars so that others know they can heal.”- Rhacelle Nicol’
16. “Maybe I should find another doctor; one who realizes the importance of scars.” – Rasmenia Massoud
17. “Scars are not signs of weakness, they are signs of survival and endurance.”- Rodney A. Winters
18. “The girl wore her scars the way some women wore their finest jewelry.”- Sarah J. Maas
19. “Scars fade with time. And the ones that never go away, well, they build character, maturity, caution.”- Erin McCarthy
20. “Some people see scars, and it is wounding they remember. To me, they are proof of the fact that there is healing.”- Linda Hogan
21. “I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion.”- Yohji Yamamoto
Strength and scar quotes
22. From every wound there is a scar, and every scar tells a story. A story that says, “I SURVIVED”- Craig Scott
23. “Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize your strength. Move on.” – The Love Notebook
24. “There is something beautiful about all scars, whatever the nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with.”- Anonymous
25. “Be proud of the scars you have, because they are symbols of your true STRENGTH.”- Unknown
26. “Don’t hide your scars, they are defining moments that prove your strength and wisdom and later encourage perseverance when you feel weak.”- Unknown
27. “He who wears the emotional and physical scars of life should do so with honor and integrity.”- R.J. Intindola
28. “Don’t hide your scars, you’re beautiful. Just be yourself. Let your scars show. Show everyone you’re in a battle but you’re still strong.” – Unknown
29. “Never be ashamed of the scars that life has left you with. A scar means the hurt if over, the wound is closed, you endured the pain and God has healed you.”- Nishan Panwar
30. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Khalil Gibran
31. “Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you.”- Unknown
32. “A scar does not form on the dying. A scar means I survived.” – Chris Cleave
Beauty and scar quotes
33. “I think scars are like battle wounds-beautiful, in a way. They show what you’ve been through and how strong you are for coming out of it.”- Demi Lovato
34. “I look in the mirror and see a few scars, but I like myself.” – Steven Adler
35. “I have a lot of scars, man. My mother said that a man is not a man unless he has a scar on his face. And what she meant by a scar was some kind of battle that you had to go through, whether it was psychological or physical. To her, a scar was actually beautiful and not something that marred you.” – Nick Nolte
36. “A lot of us grow up and we grow out of the literal interpretation that we get when we’re children, but we bear the scars all our life. Whether they’re scars of beauty or scars of ugliness, it’s pretty much in the eye of the beholder.”- Stephen King
37. “I like someone who is a little crazy but coming from a good place. I think scars are sexy because it means you made a mistake that led to a mess.” – Angelina Jolie
38. “What you have to understand is that my thing is not glamour. I love stretch marks and C-section scars and all of that. I’m a grown man. You don’t gotta put on no makeup with me.”- Tracy Morgan
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of makeup quotes about the power of looking good.
39. “Show me your hands. Do they have scars from giving? Show me your feet. Are they wounded in service? Show me your heart. Have you left a place for divine love?”- Fulton J. Sheen
40. “She wears her scars like a warrior, for they’re a reminder she’s alive.” –Unknown
41. “The best people all have some kind of scar.”- Kiera Cass
42. “Children show scars like medals. Lovers use them as a secrets to reveal. A scar is what happens when the word is made flesh.”- Leonard Cohen
Quotes about scars of life
43. “Historic scores cannot be settled, and scars cannot be obliterated.”- Ehud Olmert
44. “The scars of others should teach us caution.”- St. Jerome
45. “You don’t learn from successes; you don’t learn from awards; you don’t learn from celebrity; you only learn from wounds and scars and mistakes and failures. And that’s the truth.”- Jane Fonda
46. “To be alive at all is to have scars.”- John Steinbeck
47. “The scars and stains of racism are still deeply embedded in the American society.”- John Lewis
48. “The scars and stains of racism are still deeply embedded in the American society.”- James Blunt
49. “The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.”- Douglas MacArthur
50. “The person may have a scar, but it also means they have a story.”- Jodi Picoult
51. “Be proud of every scar on your heart, each one holds a lifetime worth of lessons.” – Wallace Stegner
52. “Scars. A sign that you had been hurt. A sign that you had healed.” – Benjamin Alire Saenz
53. “It’s so hard to forget pain, but it’s even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.” – Chuck Palahniuk
More scars quotes and sayings
54. “I forgot him like the skin that healed the wound but kept the scar.” – I.B. Vyache
55. “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” – Rumi
56. “Scars are not injuries, Tanner Sack. A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole.” – China Miéville
57. “Scars show us where we have been, they do not dictate where we are going.” – David Rossi
58. “The more you open up, the more you get hurt. So basically, I’m just riddled with scars and I just don’t want any more.” – Freddie Mercury
59. “Another scar that faded enough to be just another mark we carried.” – Jenny Zhang
60. “Scars are evidence that wounds can heal. That wounds don’t last forever. That healing is possible.” – Lecrae Moore
61. “Time heals. Crushes let up. Splinters work their way out. That doesn’t mean they don’t leave scars that itch.” – Lauren Beukes
62. “Sometimes, the scars are what make us who we are.” – Nalini Singh
What did you learn from these scars quotes?
Now that you have had an opportunity to reflect on these quotes on scars, I hope you will think of them differently.
We aren’t looking to get scarred in this life, but if you have been, don’t let the scar define you. Let how you handle that scar define who you are.
Most or all of our biggest accomplishments have come with scars. In fact, most of the people who are admired most are those who have overcome their scars.
They are people that will not be kept down or give up. They understand that scars are a part of life and show that you have lived.
If you have let your scars define you, choose today that you will not be defined by scars any longer, but in fact will be defined by how you overcame or how you earned those scars!
What’s your biggest takeaway from these scars quotes and sayings? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
December 11, 2020 7:00 AM EST