These scars quotes will make you think of them differently.
Scars are a part of this world. No matter who you are, you will not get out of life without experiencing some scars.
In fact, how you deal with those scars often determines who you end up being.
Whether you have proudly worn your “scars” for all to see or tried to hide them, we can all take comfort in knowing that we all have scars of one kind or another.
Most people would agree that they don’t take pleasure in receiving scars. Whether the scars are physical or emotional, they are painful to receive.
But without them, we often would not have the chance to become stronger, to become who we want to be.
Don’t forget to also check out these pain quotes honoring your strength and power.
Emotional scar quotes
1. “But not all scars showed, did they?”- Eileen Wilks
2. “Emotional scars run deeper than the Nile and often lie lurking behind a smile.”- Khang Kijarro Nguyen
3. “Some wounds never show, not even in the mirror, until we see them in the expressions on the faces of people we love.” – Cameron Jace
4. “The scars you can’t see are the hardest to heal.”- Anonymous
5. “The emotional scars of our mistakes will teach us far more than the joy of our successes”- Steven Aitchison
6. “Forgiveness is a scalpel that removes emotional scars.” – Maxwell Maltz
7. “Contrary to what we may have been taught to think, unnecessary and unchosen suffering wounds us but need not scar us for life. It does mark us. What we allow the mark of our suffering to become is in our own hands.”- Bell Hooks
8. “…real childhood scars heal, but not when band-aids replace self-reflection.” – Cameron Conaway
9. “We’ve been through a lot, and though many of the wounds have healed, the scars they’ve left behind still throb every now and then.” – Neha Yazmin
10. “Words! What power they hold. Once they have rooted in your psyche, it is difficult to escape them. Words can shape the future of a child and destroy the existence of an adult. Words are powerful. Be careful how you use them because once you have pronounced them, you cannot remove the scar they leave behind.” – Vashti Quiroz-Vega
11. “Just because you can’t see my scars it doesn’t mean that I’ve never been hurt. Emotional scars can’t be seen and sometimes they never heal.”- Sonya Parker
Physical Scar quotes
12. “My scars tell a story. They are a reminder of times when life tried to break me, but failed. They are markings of where the structure of my character was welded.”- Steve Maraboli
13. “Sometimes it’s the scars that remind you that you survived. Sometimes the scars tell you that you have healed.” – Ashley D. Wallis
14. “Some of us can begin to heal the damage people have done to us by escaping the situation, but some of us need more than that. Tattoos make statements that need to be made. Or hide things that are no one’s business. Your scars are battle wounds, but you don’t see them that way. Yet.” – Tammara Webber
15. “I show my scars so that others know they can heal.”- Rhacelle Nicol’
16. “Maybe I should find another doctor; one who realizes the importance of scars.” – Rasmenia Massoud
17. “Scars are not signs of weakness, they are signs of survival and endurance.”- Rodney A. Winters
18. “The girl wore her scars the way some women wore their finest jewelry.”- Sarah J. Maas
19. “Scars fade with time. And the ones that never go away, well, they build character, maturity, caution.”- Erin McCarthy
20. “Some people see scars, and it is wounding they remember. To me, they are proof of the fact that there is healing.”- Linda Hogan
21. “I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion.”- Yohji Yamamoto
Strength and scar quotes
22. From every wound there is a scar, and every scar tells a story. A story that says, “I SURVIVED”- Craig Scott
23. “Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize your strength. Move on.” – The Love Notebook
24. “Wounds turn into scars and scars make you tough.” – Aisha Tyler
25. “Be proud of the scars you have, because they are symbols of your true STRENGTH.”- Unknown
26. “Don’t hide your scars, they are defining moments that prove your strength and wisdom and later encourage perseverance when you feel weak.”- Unknown
27. “He who wears the emotional and physical scars of life should do so with honor and integrity.”- R.J. Intindola
28. “Don’t hide your scars, you’re beautiful. Just be yourself. Let your scars show. Show everyone you’re in a battle but you’re still strong.” – Unknown
29. “Never be ashamed of the scars that life has left you with. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed, you endured the pain and God has healed you.”- Nishan Panwar
30. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Khalil Gibran
31. “Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you.”- Unknown
32. “A scar does not form on the dying. A scar means I survived.” – Chris Cleave
Beauty and scar quotes
33. “I think scars are like battle wounds-beautiful, in a way. They show what you’ve been through and how strong you are for coming out of it.”- Demi Lovato
34. “I look in the mirror and see a few scars, but I like myself.” – Steven Adler
35. “Scars are a warrior’s beauty marks.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
36. “A lot of us grow up and we grow out of the literal interpretation that we get when we’re children, but we bear the scars all our life. Whether they’re scars of beauty or scars of ugliness, it’s pretty much in the eye of the beholder.”- Stephen King
37. “I like someone who is a little crazy but coming from a good place. I think scars are sexy because it means you made a mistake that led to a mess.” – Angelina Jolie
38. “What you have to understand is that my thing is not glamour. I love stretch marks and C-section scars and all of that. I’m a grown man. You don’t gotta put on no makeup with me.”- Tracy Morgan
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of makeup quotes about the power of looking good.
39. “Show me your hands. Do they have scars from giving? Show me your feet. Are they wounded in service? Show me your heart. Have you left a place for divine love?”- Fulton J. Sheen
40. “She wears her scars like a warrior, for they’re a reminder she’s alive.” –Unknown
41. “The best people all have some kind of scar.”- Kiera Cass
42. “Children show scars like medals. Lovers use them as a secrets to reveal. A scar is what happens when the word is made flesh.”- Leonard Cohen
Quotes about scars of life
43. “Historic scores cannot be settled, and scars cannot be obliterated.”- Ehud Olmert
44. “The scars of others should teach us caution.”- St. Jerome
45. “The marks humans leave are too often scars.” – John Green
46. “To be alive at all is to have scars.”- John Steinbeck
47. “The scars and stains of racism are still deeply embedded in the American society.”- John Lewis
48. “The scars and stains of racism are still deeply embedded in the American society.”- James Blunt
49. “What doesn’t kill you is gonna leave a scar.” – Marilyn Manson
50. “The person may have a scar, but it also means they have a story.”- Jodi Picoult
51. “Be proud of every scar on your heart, each one holds a lifetime worth of lessons.” – Wallace Stegner
52. “Scars. A sign that you had been hurt. A sign that you had healed.” – Benjamin Alire Saenz
53. “Our scars are a witness to the world. They are a part of our story. Healed wounds that are symbols that God has restored us.” – Louie Giglio
More scars quotes and sayings
54. “Our scars make us beautiful.” – Danielle Orner
55. “Turn your scars into stars.” – Robert H. Schuller
56. “Scars are tattoos with better stories.” – Unknown
57. “Scars show us where we have been, they do not dictate where we are going.” – David Rossi
58. “The more you open up, the more you get hurt. So basically, I’m just riddled with scars and I just don’t want any more.” – Freddie Mercury
59. “Scars speak more loudly than the sword that caused them.” – Paulo Coelho
60. “Scars are evidence that wounds can heal. That wounds don’t last forever. That healing is possible.” – Lecrae Moore
61. “Every scar that you have is a reminder not just that you got hurt, but that you survived.” – Michelle Obama
62. “Sometimes, the scars are what make us who we are.” – Nalini Singh
Scar Quotes that will Help you Move Forward
63. “The doors to the world of the wild Self are few but precious. If you have a deep scar, that is a door, if you have an old, old story, that is a door. If you love the sky and the water so much you almost cannot bear it, that is a door. If you yearn for a deeper life, a full life, a sane life, that is a door.” — Clarissa Pinkola Estes
64. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” — Kahlil Gibran
65. “There is a thing about beauty. Beauty is always associated with the male fantasy of what the female body is. I don’t think there is anything wrong with beauty. It’s just what women think is beautiful can be different. And there can be a beauty in individualism. If there is a wart or a scar, this can be beautiful, in a sense, when you paint it.” — Jenny Saville
66. “Life goes on but the scars remain.” — Lil Wayne
67. “I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.” — Rose Kennedy
68. “Bones heal, pain is temporary, and chicks dig scars.” — Evel Knievel
69. “Don’t hide your scars. They make you who you are.” — Frank Sinatra
70. “Be proud of your scars. They remind you that you have the will to live.” — Paulo Coelho
71. “Every stress leaves an indelible scar, and the organism pays for its survival after a stressful situation by becoming a little older.” — Hans Selye
72. “On the back of Satan’s neck is a nail scarred footprint.” — C. S. Lewis
Inspiring Scar Quotes to Help You Become Resilient
73. “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” ― Rumi
74. “I don’t want to die without any scars.” ― Chuck Palahniuk
75. “It has been said, ‘time heals all wounds.’ I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.” ― Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy
76. “Scars have the strange power to remind us that our past is real.” ― Cormac McCarthy
77. “He showed me his scars, and in return he let me pretend that I had none.” ― Madeline Miller
78. “The human race tends to remember the abuses to which it has been subjected rather than the endearments. What’s left of kisses? Wounds, however, leave scars.” ― Bertolt Brecht
79. “Stop punishing yourself for being someone with a heart. You cannot protect yourself from suffering. To live is to grieve. You are not protecting yourself by shutting yourself off from the world. You are limiting yourself.” ― Leigh Bardugo
80. “Scars are just another kind of memory.” ― M.L. Stedman
81. “In a perverse way, I was glad for the stitches, glad it would show, that there would be scars. What was the point in just being hurt on the inside? It should bloody well show.” ― Janet Fitch
82. “Everyone always wants to know how you can tell when it’s true love, and the answer is this: when the pain doesn’t fade and the scars don’t heal, and it’s too damned late.” ― Jonathan Tropper
What did you learn from these scars quotes?
Now that you have had an opportunity to reflect on these quotes on scars, I hope you will think of them differently.
We aren’t looking to get scarred in this life, but if you have been, don’t let the scar define you. Let how you handle that scar define who you are.
Most or all of our biggest accomplishments have come with scars. In fact, most of the people who are admired most are those who have overcome their scars.
They are people that will not be kept down or give up. They understand that scars are a part of life and show that you have lived.
If you have let your scars define you, choose today that you will not be defined by scars any longer, but in fact will be defined by how you overcame or how you earned those scars!
May 11, 2022 5:00 AM EST