Transform your mindset and your life with these popular Girl Wash Your Face quotes.
If you’re a woman that struggles with self-confidence and self-esteem, you aren’t alone.
There are plenty of women that are believing lies about themselves that are negatively impacting the way that they live their lives.
Rachel Hollis had lived through the same struggles herself and learned how to stop believing those lies about herself, which allowed her to transform her life.
This is what she wrote about in her book Girl Wash Your Face.
These Girl Wash Your Face quotes will give you a taste of what you can find in the book.
If you need even more inspiration, be sure to also check out our collection of confidence quotes.
Girl Wash Your Face quotes about taking control
1. “It’s not about talent, skill, money, or connections.It’s because when they went after their dreams and came up against a roadblock, when they experienced rejection, or when someone or something told them no . . . they listened.I am successful because I refused to take no for an answer. I am successful because I have never once believed my dreams were someone else’s to manage.That’s the incredible part about your dreams: nobody gets to tell you how big they can be.’’ – Girl Wash Your Face
2. “Once you understand that you are the one who is truly in control, you’ll get up and try again. And you’ll keep going until being in control feels more natural than being out of control. It’ll become a way of life, and you’ll become the person you are meant to be.’’ – Girl Wash Your Face
3. “The truth? You, and only you, are ultimately responsible for who you become and how happy you are.’’ – Girl Wash Your Face
4. ‘’You must choose to be happy, grateful, and fulfilled. If you make that choice every single day, regardless of where you are or what’s happening, you will be happy.’’ – Girl Wash Your Face
5. “Every single part of your life–your gratitude, the way you manage stress, how kind you are to others, how happy you are–can be changed by a shift in your perception.” – Girl Wash Your Face
6. “Is it going to be hard? Absolutely! But taking the easy way out is how you end up on the sofa, fifty pounds overweight, while life passes you by. Will change happen overnight? No way! This is a lifelong process.’’ – Girl Wash Your Face
7. “The precious life you’ve been given is like a ship navigating its way across the ocean, and you’re meant to be the captain of the vessel. Certainly there are times when storms toss you around or cover the deck with water or break the mast clean in half—but that’s when you need to fight your way back, to throw all the water off the boat bucket by bucket. That’s when you battle to get yourself back to the helm. This is your life. You are meant to be the hero of your own story.’’ – Girl Wash Your Face
8. “Your dream is worth fighting for, and while you’re not in control of what life throws at you, you are in control of the fight.” – Girl Wash Your Face
9. “Digging into the why of how I behave as an adult is what makes me able to overcome unhealthy habits.” – Girl Wash Your Face
10. “Regardless of how you were raised or what you were taught to believe, you get to decide where your story goes from here.” – Girl Wash Your Face
Girl Wash Your Face quotes about lies, comparisons, and others’ opinions
11. “If you constantly make and break promises to yourself, you’re not making promises at all. You’re talking.’’ – Girl Wash Your Face
12. “Why do we do it, ladies? Why do we gossip? Why do we rag on each other? Why do we say hello on Sunday mornings with the same tongues we use to lash others behind their backs a few days later? Does it make us feel better about ourselves? Does it make us feel safer to mock someone who has stepped outside of the parameters we deem acceptable? If we can point out their flaws, does doing so diminish our own? Of course, it doesn’t. In fact, the stones we most often try and fling at others are the ones that have been thrown at us.’’ – Girl Wash Your Face
13. “What I want to say is that we all judge each other, but even though we all do it, that’s not an excuse. Judging is still one of the most hurtful, spiteful impulses we own, and our judgments keep us from building a stronger tribe . . . or from having a tribe in the first place. Our judgment prohibits us from beautiful, life-affirming friendships. Our judgment keeps us from connecting in deeper, richer ways because we’re too stuck on the surface-level assumptions we’ve made. Ladies, our judging has to stop. So does our compulsion to compete with everyone around us.’’ – Girl Wash Your Face
14. “We live in an all-or-nothing society that says I need to look, act, think, and speak perfectly or just throw in the towel and stop trying altogether. That’s what I worry about the most—that you’ve stopped trying.’’ – Girl Wash Your Face
15. “Someone else’s opinion of you is none of your business.” – Girl Wash Your Face
16. “In so many instances judgment comes from a place of feeling as though you’ve somehow got it all figured out when they do not. Judging each other actually makes us feel safer in our own choices.” – Girl Wash Your Face
17. “If we’re already judgmental (and let’s be honest, most of us are), we have to work hard on policing ourselves. When I find myself judging someone in my head, I force myself to stop and think of compliments about that person. By doing this, I’m learning to look for the positive instead of reaching for the negatives.’’ – Girl Wash Your Face
18. “Have you ever believed that you aren’t good enough? That you’re not thin enough? That you’re unlovable? That you’re a bad mom? Have you ever believed that you deserve to be treated badly? That you’ll never amount to anything?All lies.’’ – Girl Wash Your Face
19. “I established the rule in my life that I would no longer break a promise to myself no matter how small it was.’’ – Girl Wash Your Face
Girl Wash Your Face quotes about moving past difficult times
20. “Sadness and pain are things you have to sit with and get to know or you’ll never be able to move on.’’ – Girl Wash Your Face
21. “Girl, get ahold of your life. Stop medicating, stop hiding out, stop being afraid, stop giving away pieces of yourself, stop saying you can’t do it. Stop the negative self-talk, stop abusing your body, stop putting it off for tomorrow or Monday or next year. Stop crying about what happened and take control of what happens next. Get up, right now. Rise up from where you’ve been, scrub away the tears and pain of yesterday, and start again… Girl, wash your face!” – Girl Wash Your Face
22. “I needed to endure personal hardships and discouragement and one rejection on top of another—all so I could stand right here and say to you, ‘Your dream is worth fighting for, and while you’re not in control of what life throws at you,you are in control of the fight.’” – Girl Wash Your Face
23. “Childhood trauma is not a life sentence. Extreme emotional pain doesn’t guarantee emotional pain for the rest of your life.” – Girl Wash Your Face
24. “Perception is reality, and I’m here to tell you that your reality is colored much more by your past experiences than by what is actually happening to you. If your past tells you that nothing ever works out, that life is against you, and that you’ll never succeed, then how likely are you to keep fighting for something you want? Or, on the flip side, if you quit accepting no as the end of the conversation whenever you run up against opposition, you can shift your perception and fundamentally reshape your entire life.’’ – Girl Wash Your Face
25. “You will get through this season. This too shall pass. Don’t set the rest of your life up on a downhill slope because of one hard season.” – Girl Wash Your Face
Ready for some more?
If the Girl Wash Your Face quotes above resonated with you then you’ll get even more out of reading the book.
If you are tired of living life feeling like you’re not enough, this book can help you to dramatically change your life for the better.
Rachel shares her own personal story throughout the chapters of the book giving you something to relate to while also helping you learn what changes you can make to transform your life.
The quotes above give just a small taste of what you can expect.
If you’re ready to take responsibility for your life and get an improved mindset, this book is for you.
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST