Time and again, I find that self-esteem and confidence are lacking in many of us.
While we may possess strengths and skills, we do not truly give ourselves credit for them.
We struggle to accept a compliment as true and meaningful, and we often doubt our abilities.
Here are some people who have learned to truly have a sense of confidence, and to allow themselves the same belief in themselves, as they have in others.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Beautiful Confidence Quotes To Inspire You
1. “Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they’re yours.” – Richard Bach
You will also enjoy our article on self esteem quotes.
2. “The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself, in spite of being unacceptable.” – Paul Tillich
3. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you are right.” – Henry Ford
4. “You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.” – Zig Ziglar
5. “Don’t live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable.” – Wendy Wasserstein
6. “Life is ten percent what you experience and ninety percent how you respond to it.” – Dorothy M. Neddermeyer
7. “You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.” – Michael Jordan
8. “Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing.”- Theodore Roosevelt
9. “Confidence is preparation. Everything else is beyond your control.” – Richard Kline
10. “Have confidence that if you have done a little thing well, you can do a bigger thing well too.” – David Storey
11. “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” – Mark Victor Hansen
12. “With realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world.” – Dalai Lama
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of self worth quotes to boost your confidence.
13. “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.” – Marie Curie
14. “The important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.”- Arthur Ashe
You will also enjoy our article on know your worth quotes.
15. “Don’t you dare, for one more second, surround yourself with people who are not aware of the greatness that you are.” – Jo Blackwell-Preston
16. “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.” – Alan Cohen
17. “Wouldn’t it be powerful if you fell in love with yourself so deeply that you would do just about anything if you knew it would make you happy? This is precisely how much life loves you and wants you to nurture yourself. The deeper you love yourself, the more the universe will affirm your worth. Then you can enjoy a lifelong love affair that brings you the richest fulfillment from inside out.” – Alan Cohen
You will also enjoy our article on self-respect quotes.
18. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
19. “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Lao Tzu
Also, read these insightful imperfection quotes about embracing your flaws.
Quotes about Confidence and Beauty
20. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
21. “I had to grow to love my body. I did not have a good self-image at first. Finally it occurred to me, I’m either going to love me or hate me. And I chose to love myself. Then everything kind of sprung from there. Things that I thought weren’t attractive became sexy. Confidence makes you sexy.” – Queen Latifah
22. “If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price.” – Author Unknown
23. “Noble and great. Courageous and determined. Faithful and fearless. That is who you are and who you have always been. And understanding it can change your life, because this knowledge carries a confidence that cannot be duplicated any other way.”- Sheri L. Dew
24. “The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you.” – William Jennings Bryan
25. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh
26. “Always be yourself and have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and try to duplicate it.” – Bruce Lee
27. “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles, and less than perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident, and more and more successful.” – Mark Victor Hansen
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also love our collection of yellow quotes for a happy aesthetic.
28. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
29. “Low self-confidence isn’t a life sentence. Self-confidence can be learned, practiced, and mastered–just like any other skill. Once you master it, everything in your life will change for the better.” – Barrie Davenport
30. “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” – E.E. Cummings
31. “Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” – Golda Meir
32. “One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.” – Arthur Ashe
33. “But failure has to be an option in art and in exploration–because it’s a leap of faith. And no important endeavor that required innovation was done without risk. You have to be willing to take those risks …” – James Cameron
34. “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
35. “Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” – Peter T. McIntyre
36. “It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.” – Oprah Winfrey
37. “Shyness has a strange element of narcissism, a belief that how we look, how we perform, is truly important to other people.” – Andre Dubus
38. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be?” – Marianne Williamson
39. “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” – Brene Brown
Also, read these powerful Girl Wash Your Face quotes to boost your self-confidence and self-esteem.
More Inspiring Confidence Quotes
40. “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” – Dr. Benjamin Spock
41. “Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don’t let these feelings stop them.” – T. Harv Eker
42. “You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it.” – Dr. Robert Anthony
43. “It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” – Sir Edmund Hillary
44. “Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have.” – Brian Tracy
45. “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” – Oscar Wilde
46. “You yourself, as much as anyone in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
47. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Helen Keller
48. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” – Thomas Jefferson
49. “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” – Willie Nelson
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like these colorful blue quotes that will delight your senses and spark creativity.
50. “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is, too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” – T. Harv Eker
51. “Wouldn’t it be powerful if you fell in love with yourself so deeply that you would do just about anything if you knew it would make you happy? This is precisely how much life loves you and wants you to nurture yourself. The deeper you love yourself, the more the universe will affirm your worth. Then you can enjoy a lifelong love affair that brings you the richest fulfillment from inside out.” – Alan Cohen
52. “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – Christopher Robin
53. “You have no control over other people’s taste, so focus on staying true to your own.” – Tim Gunn
You might also like these Bad Bitch quotes that will inspire confidence within you.
54. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
55. “The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.” – J.M. Barrie
56. “I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” – Robert Downey Jr.
57. “It’s a dead-end street if you sit around waiting for someone else to tell you you’re okay.” – Michael Pitt
58. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
59. “I’ve finally stopped running away from myself. Who else is there better to be?” – Goldie Hawn
60. “Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” – Rumi
61. “When you’re different, sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t.” – Jodi Picoult
Don’t forget to also check out these warrior quotes on having an unbeatable mind.
Other confidence quotes and sayings
62. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” – Bernard M. Baruch
63. “Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.” – Paulo Coelho
64. “Life has no remote get up and change it yourself!” – Mark A. Cooper
65. “Believe in your infinite potential. Your only limitations are those you set upon yourself.” – Roy T. Bennett
66. “Accept who you are; and revel in it.” – Mitch Albom
67. “When someone tells me “no,” it doesn’t mean I can’t do it, it simply means I can’t do it with them.” – Karen E. Quinones Miller
68. “To share your weakness is to make yourself vulnerable; to make yourself vulnerable is to show your strength.” – Criss Jami
69. “Never dull your shine for somebody else.” – Tyra Banks
70. “Let others determine your worth and you’re already lost because no one wants people worth more than themselves.” – Peter V. Brett
71. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
You might also like these insecurity quotes to help you gain confidence.
Confidence quotes to help you become unstoppable
72. “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
73. “You probably wouldn’t worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do.” ― Olin Miller
74. “Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.” ― Bertrand Russell
75. “Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
76. “You have no responsibility to live up to what other people think you ought to accomplish. I have no responsibility to be like they expect me to be. It’s their mistake, not my failing.” ― Richard P. Feynman
77. “When I was a child my mother said to me, ‘If you become a soldier, you’ll be a general. If you become a monk, you’ll be the pope.’ Instead I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.” ― Pablo Picasso
78. “Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.” ― Shannon L. Alder
79. “I have often wondered how it is that every man loves himself more than all the rest of men, but yet sets less value on his own opinion of himself than on the opinion of others.” ― Marcus Aurelius
80. “I do not care so much what I am to others as I care what I am to myself.” ― Michel de Montaigne
81. “If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that… I believe in what I do, and I’ll say it.” ― John Lennon
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of swag quotes to turn your swag on.
Confidence Quotes That Will Elevate Your Confidence Level
82. “It’s not the lack of ability or opportunity that holds you back; it is only a lack of confidence in yourself.” ― Richard Monckton Milnes
83. “The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.” ― Michel de Montaigne
84. “Confidence is directness and courage in meeting the facts of life.” ― John Dewey
85. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is continually fearing that you’ll make one.” ― Elbert Hubbard
86. “Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence.” ― Vince Lombardi
87. “Confidence is the most important single factor in this game, and no matter how great your natural talent, there is only one way to obtain and sustain it: work.” ― Jack Nicklaus
88. “Confidence is that feeling by which the mind embarks in great and honorable courses with a sure hope and trust in itself.” ― Cicero
89. “As is our confidence, so is our capacity.” ― William Hazlitt
90. “Kindness in words creates confidence.” ― Laozi
91. “Your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude.” ― Michelle Obama
Did you like these confidence quotes?
That voice that runs through our head is much more likely to be telling us negative messages than positive ones.
Part of building our confidence is trying to quiet the negative voices, and learning to listen and believe what the positive ones are telling us.
Be sure to carry your favorite confidence quotes with you to be of help when you need a little boost.
August 8, 2022 5:00 AM EST