Searching for good and evil quotes might be daunting for some, as these quotes aren’t widely available.
However, we have compiled this comprehensive list of quotes to make things easier.
In addition to the quotes, we have also discussed the ways to overcome evil.
This will help you fight against evil and continue doing good deeds.
So, if you are curious to go ahead, please continue reading!
Ways to overcome evil
Sometimes, we come across the fact that evil has just engulfed the whole world.
However, in reality, this isn’t the case, God is out there to protect us from evil.
On the other hand, evil can’t go ahead and deviate us from the right path if we strongly believe in God.
So, our inner strength and belief in God prevent us from evil’s dark powers.
If you are looking for ways to overcome evil with good, here are a few of them:
- Always keep your focus on the things that are good and have a positive impact on you and the people around you
- Stay vigilant against evil and its tactics to derail you from the right path, as bad things appear more lucrative than the good ones
- Know what God wants you to do, which means you must have to let yourself go with God’s Will
- Don’t even think for a moment that God has left you alone because God is always beside us to offer the protection we need
- Avoid developing depression and anxiety during hard times, as doing this can move you away from the shadow of God’s blessings
You will also enjoy our article on evil quotes.
Top 10 good and evil quotes
Good and evil are all around, and everybody has their take. We have compiled the most inspirational good and evil quotes in this section.
1. “I don’t think good and evil are polarized.” — Sam Mendes
2. “I don’t believe so much in good and evil.” — Lotte Verbeek
3. “This is a struggle of good and evil. And we’re the good.” — Howard Dean
4. “One that confounds good and evil is an enemy to good.” — Edmund Burke
5. “Life is neither good nor evil, but only a place for good and evil.” — Marcus Aurelius
6. “All human beings are commingled out of good and evil.” — Robert Louis Stevenson
7. “Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
8. “People’s character is their behaviour – we’re all capable of good and evil.” — Bertie Carvel
9. “Nature has no principles. She makes no distinction between good and evil.” — Anatole France
10. “The battleline between good and evil runs through the heart of every man.” — Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Good and evil quotes about choosing the one
Both good and evil have existed ever since the world was created. It’s entirely up to the man to choose between the two. This quote section is exemplary in this regard.
11. “The power of choosing good and evil is within the reach of all.” — Origen
12. “The reality of life is that it is always the choice between good and evil.” — Unknown
13. “I believe you can make forces of good and evil work for you, to get what you want.” — GG Allin
14. “The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.” — Marcus Tullius Cicero
15. “Wisdom is the knowledge of good and evil, not the strength to choose between the two.” — John Cheever
16. “The first idea the child must acquire is that of the difference between good and evil.” — Maria Montessori
17. “Willing or preferring is the same with respect to good and evil, that judging is with respect to truth or falsehood.” — Anthony Collins
18. “Inside each of us, there is the seed of both good and evil. It’s a constant struggle as to which one will win. And one cannot exist without the other.” — Eric Burdon
19. “Each of us has a vision of good and of evil. We have to encourage people to move towards what they think is good… Everyone has his own idea of good and evil and must choose to follow good and fight evil as he conceives them. That would be enough to make the world a better place.” — Pope Francis
20. “In this life, we have to make many choices. Some are very important choices. Some are not. Many of our choices are between good and evil. The choices we make, however, determine to a large extent our happiness or our unhappiness, because we have to live with the consequences of our choices.” — James E. Faust
Insightful good and evil quotes
Good and evil have been the subject of numerous insightful comments. The following good and evil quotes feature some profound thoughts.
21. “I believe there is meaning in life. I believe there is good and evil.” — Min Jin Lee
22. “There’s good and evil going on. We have cops. We have robbers.” — Joe Mantegna
23. “Frank Castle knows only two sides: Good and Evil. There is no grey zone for him.” — Lexi Alexander
24. “Conservatives divide the world in terms of good and evil while liberals do it in terms of the rich and poor.” — Dennis Prager
25. “Good and evil do not exist for me anymore. The fear of evil is merely a mass projection here and on Earth.” — Hans Bender
26. “Some things must be good in themselves, else there could be no measure whereby to lay out good and evil.” — Benjamin Whichcote
27. “I think that fiction is an excellent place for us to struggle with questions of good and evil, and humanity and inhumanity.” — Brent Weeks
28. “The most painful moral struggles are not those between good and evil, but between the good and the lesser good.” — Barbara Grizzuti Harrison
29. “Mankind is not likely to salvage civilization unless he can evolve a system of good and evil which is independent of heaven and hell.” — George Orwell
30. “Classical tragedy was the war between good and evil. We wanted evil to be defeated and good to be victorious. But the battle in modern tragedy is between good and good. And no matter which side wins, we’ll still be heartbroken.” — Asghar Farhadi
Unforgettable good and evil quotes
Some things are inspiring enough that you don’t ever forget. And the same holds for the quotes in this section.
31. “What ‘Twilight Zone’ did was show we all have a great capacity for good and evil.” — Lin-Manuel Miranda
32. “I’ve learned a lot about good and evil. They are not always what they appear to be.” — Charles Van Doren
33. “Everyone spends their lives trying to balance their world between good and evil.” — Laurell K. Hamilton
34. “The Book of Revelation is all about the conflict, the contest between the forces of Good and Evil.” — Elaine Pagels
35. “Video games tell stories on good and evil, and so does the WWE, so that’s the core of both things.” — Xavier Woods
36. “Compassion alone stands apart from the continuous traffic between good and evil proceeding within us.” — Eric Hoffer
37. “If your religion doesn’t teach you the difference between good and evil, your religion is worse than useless.” — Dennis Prager
38. “I am in politics because of the conflict between good and evil, and I believe that in the end good will triumph.” — Margaret Thatcher
39. “Religion as a human phenomenon is as riddled through with potential for both good and evil as any other phenomenon.” — Richard John Neuhaus
40. “What ‘True Blood’ does really well is that it balances on the line between good and evil – you blur the distinction between the two.” — Robert Kazinsky
Some more good and evil quotes
In this section, we offer you more good and evil quotes. Empower yourself with the words of wisdom in them.
41. “I’m very interested in good and evil and the moral natures of people.” — Antonia Fraser
42. “In my home, life was framed as an epic spiritual battle between good and evil.” — Megan Phelps-Roper
43. “I want to show people how there are variations and different interpretations of good and evil.” — Hideo Kojima
44. “It is not true that good can only follow from good and evil only from evil, but that often the opposite is true.” — Max Weber
45. “People like to say that the conflict is between good and evil. The real conflict is between truth and lies.” — Don Miguel Ruiz
46. “Good and evil. Right and wrong. Those are two fundamental opposing concepts that define the nature of humankind.” — Wayne LaPierre
47. “Democracy is not static. It is a living force. Every new idea, every new invention offers opportunity for both good and evil.” — Herbert Hoover
48. “The line between good and evil is permeable and almost anyone can be induced to cross it when pressured by situational forces.” — Philip Zimbardo
49. “If time is not real, then the dividing line between this world and eternity, between suffering and bliss, between good and evil, is also an illusion.” — Hermann Hesse
50. “If there is no God, the labels ‘good’ and ‘evil’ are merely opinions. They are substitutes for ‘I like it’ and ‘I don’t like it.’ They are not objective realities.” — Dennis Prager
Which of these good and evil quotes is your favorite?
We hope you liked our collection of good and evil quotes.
For ultimate convenience, we have compiled these quotes into different sections.
Hence, finding the quote of your choice won’t be that difficult.
On the other hand, going through these quotes will give you the strength to challenge evil.
By doing good deeds, you are doing good to yourself and benefiting society as a whole.
Share your favorite good and evil quotes and sayings with us by commenting in the section below.