These women empowerment quotes will inspire you to succeed in life.
Why is it important to empower women?
Throughout history and all around the globe, women have faced injustices and hardships.
Keep the bravery and strength of these women in mind as you read this collection of women empowerment quotes.
When you live your life unapologetically and with purpose, anything is possible.
Celebrate who you are as a woman and unleash your true potential.
Share these women empowerment quotes with all the important ladies in your life to remind them of their strength.
Women empowerment quotes to motivate you
Take action, define your own path, and overcome challenges with the following quotes
1. “A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That’s why they don’t get what they want.” — Madonna
2. “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” — Helen Keller
3. “Always concentrate on how far you have come rather than how far you have left to go. The difference in how easy it seems will amaze you.” — Heidi Johnson
4. “Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.” — Margaret Thatcher
5. “As a woman, I have no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.” —Virginia Woolf
6. “Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.” — Anne Sweeney
7. “Destiny is a name often given in retrospect to choices that had dramatic consequences.” — J.K. Rowling
8. “Do one thing every day that scares you.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
9. “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” — Sara Blakely
You will also enjoy our article on independent woman.
Resilient Quotes to Empower Women
The following quotes focus on the importance of self-belief, resilience, and the power of inner strength for pursuing your goals and potential in life.
11. “Every woman has the right to be beautiful.” — Elizabeth Arden
12. “Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.” — Louisa May Alcott
13. “I am an example of what is possible when girls from the very beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.” — Michelle Obama
14. “I am willing to put myself through anything; temporary pain or discomfort means nothing to me as long as I can see that the experience will take me to a new level. I am interested in the unknown, and the only path to the unknown is through breaking barriers, an often painful process.” — Diana Nyad
15. “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong… I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles.” — Audrey Hepburn
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of quotes for girls.
Powerful women empowerment quotes
Embrace your uniqueness and find purpose with the following quotes.
16. “I don’t believe in guilt; I believe in living on impulse as long as you never intentionally hurt another person and don’t judge people in your life. I think you should live completely free.” — Angelina Jolie
17. “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” — Maya Angelou
18. “I think beauty comes from within. If you’re happy and look at life in the best way you can, even when there are problems, it can make you beautiful on the outside.” — Faith Hill
19. “I believe we’re all put on this planet for a purpose, and we all have a different purpose… When you connect with that love and that compassion, that’s when everything unfolds.” — Ellen DeGeneres
20. “I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.” — Oprah Winfrey
21. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” — Maya Angelou
22. “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” — Madeleine Albright
23. “Whether I fail or succeed shall be no one’s doing but my own… My choice. My responsibility. Win or lose; only I hold the key to my destiny.” — Elaine Maxwell
24. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
25. “Nothing is impossible; the word itself says ‘I’m possible!’” — Audrey Hepburn
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also benefit from these domestic violence quotes for support and strength.
Women empowerment quotes to elevate your perspective
Be inspired and determined to boldly pursue your goals and challenge societal norms.
26. “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” — Oprah Winfrey
27. “The most effective way to do it is to do it.” — Amelia Earhart
28. “We cannot change what we are not aware of, and once we are aware, we cannot help but change.” — Sheryl Sandberg
29. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” — Helen Keller
30. “You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.” — Barbara De Angelis
31. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West
32. I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naïve or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.” — Anaïs Nin
33. Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and, above all, confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” — Marie Curie
34. The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” — Coco Chanel
35. Whatever women do, they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.” — Charlotte Whitton
You might also like these Bad Bitch quotes that will inspire confidence within you.
Women empowerment quotes to enlighten you
Women need to actively participate in shaping the world, supporting one another, and using their voices to inspire positive change.
36. “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. … It shouldn’t be that women are the exception.” — Ruth Bader Ginsburg
37. “How wrong is it for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself?” — Anaïs Nin
38. “There’s something so special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer.” — Rihanna
39. “Every woman’s success should be an inspiration to another. We’re strongest when we cheer each other on.” — Serena Williams
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of inspirational quotes for women on strength and leadership.
40. “Words have power. TV has power. My pen has power.” — Shonda Rhimes
41. “I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you want to be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values.” — Ellen DeGeneres
42. “Women must learn to play the game as men do.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
43. “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” — Oprah Winfrey
44. “I feel now that the time is come when even a woman or a child who can speak a word for freedom and humanity is bound to speak.” — Harriet Beecher Stowe
45. “Each time a woman stands up for herself, without knowing it possibly, without claiming it, she stands up for all women.” — Maya Angelou
You might also like these sister quotes they need to hear and will not forget.
More women empowerment quotes
Embrace individuality and make a difference in the world with the following quotes inspiring strength and resilience.
46. “My true potential had more to do with my willingness to struggle than with my past and present circumstances.” — Hope Jahren
47. “There is no greater warrior than a mother protecting her child.” — N.K. Jemisin
48. “Gender equality is not about equality but about accepting the differences.” — Shubhra Mohanty
49. “Women empowerment must never be perceived as a means of imparting arrogance to women, but a means to help them identify their talents and use those talents to make an impact.” — Gift Gugu Mona
50. “A princess attracts a prince, and a queen attracts a king. Women who whine attract men who whine. Women full of the lioness heart attract men who are full of the lion.” — Marianne Williamson
Be sure to also check out these queen quotes celebrating the women in your life.
51. “A woman that can build can destroy.” — Marion Bekoe
52. “An educated woman is a liberated nation.” — Millycent Mashele
53. “I don’t compete with women I cooperate with them.” — Marion Bekoe
54. “It is never the wishes of men but the rights of women that alter the world.” — Mantaranjot Mangat
55. “The world could not define her. She was ineffably, inimitably, and incredibly herself!” — Avijeet Das
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of black women quotes for a boost of inspiration.
Women empowerment quotes to help you feel strong
It’s time for women to define their own paths and embrace their inner strength and autonomy.
56. “I am no bird, and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.” — Charlotte Bronte
57. “I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.” — Jane Austen
58. “I’ve done my best, in regard to people and to life, without precepts, but with a taste for justice.” — Coco Chanel
59. “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” — Coco Chanel
60. “I do not wish them [women] to have power over men; but over themselves.” — Mary Wollstonecraft
61. “To call woman the weaker sex is a libel; it is man’s injustice to woman.” —Mahatma Gandhi
62. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” — Shannon L. Alder
63. “Responsibility to yourself means refusing to let others do your thinking, talking, and naming for you; it means learning to respect and use your own brains and instincts; hence, grappling with hard work.” — Adrienne Rich
64. “In yourself right now is all the place you’ve got.” — Flannery O’Connor
65. “No matter what happened yesterday, it is insignificant when compared to what lies within the core of your being today.” — Sandy Brewer
Women Empowerment Quotes To Make Every Woman Feel Empowered
These quotes highlight the importance of women’s empowerment, encouraging all women to embrace their identity and support gender equality for a more just and equitable world.
66. “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant to be your own person, to be independent.” — Ruth Bader Ginsburg
67. “A huge part of being a feminist is giving other women the freedom to make choices you might not necessarily make yourself.” — Lena Dunham
68. “Feminism is not just about women; it’s about letting all people lead fuller lives.” — Jane Fonda
69. “I am not ashamed to dress ‘like a woman’ because I don’t think it’s shameful to be a woman.” — Iggy Pop
70. “You are more powerful than you know; you are beautiful just as you are.” — Melissa Etheridge
71. “There is no tool for development more effective than the empowerment of women.” — Kofi Annan
72. “Women will only have true equality when men share with them the responsibility of bringing up the next generation.” — Ruth Bader Ginsburg
73. “[Unlikeable women] accept the consequences of their choices, and those consequences become stories worth reading.” — Roxane Gay
74. “The only thing required to be a woman is to identify as one.” — Amanda Lovelace
75. “Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.” — Marie Shear
Tell us your favorite women’s empowerment quotes in the comment section!
Which of these brilliant women empowerment quotes inspires you the most?
Now more than ever, it’s important for women to lift each other up and empower one another to be strong.
These feminist quotes will encourage you to thrive in this world.
Whether you want to succeed in business, politics, sports, the arts, or other areas of your life, these uplifting sayings can help motivate you.
Hopefully, the women empowerment quotes above will inspire you to live a bold, fearless life.
Share these powerful quotes with the women in your life to encourage and inspire them.
What are your favorite feminist women empowerment quotes that make you feel determined and powerful?
Let us know in the comment section below.
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
All of us struggle with psychological barriers at some point. They are common. Discover the psychological barriers that super-successful people destroy.
We all dream big, but big dreams take the initiative to make happen.
A personal mantra can encourage you and help put your life in perspective. Sometimes, all it takes is the right words to inspire you.
Your mindset is your most powerful tool, and the best thing you can do with it is to remind yourself of all the good in your life each morning using positive affirmations.
Check out these related quote articles:
You’ll be reminded that you’re courageous and unstoppable once you read these feminist quotes!
The empowering quotes below will refuel your motivation and get you back on track.
International Women’s Day is celebrated on March 8th of every year. Here’s a collection of Women’s Day quotes to inspire women and girls.
These women supporting women quotes are perfect for helping us females lift each other up!