These Halt and Catch Fire quotes will give you a taste of the show.
Many computer and technology enthusiasts are hooked on the Halt and Catch Fire series due to its theme.
This series is set in the early 1980s and has covered more than a decade of innovation and progress in the world of computer engineering.
It centered on the life of three main characters who each have their own strengths and weaknesses in building a computer that would change the landscape of the future.
One is an engineer, another is a visionary, and the last is a prodigy.
It all started when tech giant IBM’s PC flagship innovation had flaws in its processes which was seen as an advantage to take over and be dominated by competitor Cardiff Electric led by Joe MacMillan.
Along with engineer Gordon Clark and prodigy Cameron Howe, MacMillan led the revolutionization of computers, making it a thrilling tech drama series everyone can watch out for.
Read these Halt and Catch Fire quotes to see what you think of the show.
Don’t forget to also check out these Katherine Johnson quotes from NASA’s human-computer.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Halt and Catch Fire quotes by Joe MacMillan
1. “Progress depends on our changing the world to fit us. Not the other way around.” — Joe MacMillan
You will also enjoy our article on engineering quotes.
2. “Computers aren’t the thing. They’re the thing that gets us to the thing.” — Joe MacMillan
3. “All we have to do is imagine it, trust it, and flip the switch.” — Joe MacMillan
4. “Tomorrow, you start building tomorrow.” — Joe MacMillan
You will also enjoy our article on technology quotes.
5. “There’s always another move.” — Joe MacMillan
You will also enjoy our article on internet quotes.
6. “In the end, it doesn’t matter what design we choose because it’s what’s inside the machine that’s brilliant.” — Joe MacMillan
7. “At the time, I thought I was unhappy with the project, but in hindsight I realized I was just unhappy with myself. So I guess that’s what I’ve been working on.” — Joe MacMillan
8. “Two things destroy companies, mediocrity and making it about yourself.” — Joe MacMillan
9. “Donna, I get it. It hurts to be thought of in that way. I’ve been there.” — Joe MacMillan
10. “Nobody knows better than me how impossible working with your father is. He’s moody, impatient, ungrateful, and the know-it-all problem is legendary.” — Joe MacMillan
11. “It has been a pleasure to fall asleep and wake up in your work space.” — Joe MacMillan
12. “On the internet you think you can be who you really are.” — Joe MacMillan
You will also enjoy our article on fire quotes.
More Halt and Catch Fire quotes by Joe MacMillan
13. “The real security is trusting no one.” — Joe MacMillan
14. “Network computing will be the next great public utility.” — Joe MacMillan
15. “It’s amazing, isn’t it. One day Hayley’s four and building a fort out of sofa cushions and the next she’s telling kids in the Hall jokes. It’s just… It’s so cool.” — Joe MacMillan
16. “Time comes when… well you gotta grab your balls and jump, am I right?” — John
17. “I’m trying to make maps irrelevant.” — Joe MacMillan
18. “I thought that maybe we could do this precisely because we’re all unreasonable people.” — Joe MacMillan
19. “Let’s leave the past where it is and build something truly special together. No. Scratch that. You build it. I’ll get out of the way this time.” — Joe MacMillan
20. “Good is the enemy of great. If anything’s worth pursuing, we’ll remember it tomorrow.” — Joe MacMillan
21. “The thing that gets you to the thing.” — Joe MacMillan
22. “This business is in my blood, and let me tell you, the revolution hasn’t even started yet.” — Joe MacMillan
23. “Let me start by asking a question.” — Joe MacMillan
Halt and Catch Fire quotes by Gordon Clark
24. “We had a problem. Now we have a product.” — Gordon Clark
25. “The hardest thing in life is to get knocked down and then get back up constantly. But we do it because we love it and we know deep down that if it’s the right idea, it could be bigger than all of us.” — Gordon Clark
Which of these Halt and Catch Fire quotes is your favorite?
The show’s name was derived from the machine code instruction named Halt and Catch Fire, which means to stop the central processing unit from working which many tech enthusiasts are fondly familiar with.
The personal computer revolution was the main theme of this series, with the growth and development of the World Wide Web being focused on.
From 2014 to 2017, many are enticed to see how each episode unfolds that is why it was such a hit on the cable network AMC.
The Halt and Catch Fire series may have only lived for four seasons with a total of 40 episodes but many viewers would love to have more of it.
Since technology and the age of innovation have always been part of progress, seeing this kind of series is a huge reminder of what it was back then when it was only starting.
If you enjoyed the series, you can relive it anytime with these Halt and Catch Fire quotes and sayings.