Reading the pie quotes is a savory experience for pie lovers.
If you are one of them, this is the article for you.
Here, we have compiled a collection of the 50 most popular pie quotes you would love to read and share.
In addition, you can also look at the section below to gain some acquaintance with pie food and its history.
But before going to our pie quotes section, sharing some information about pie food would be appropriate.
What is pie, and how is it made?
Pie is a popular dish baked in almost every part of the world.
However, a pie’s recipe or overall appearance could vary from location to location.
Pies are cooked in a wide range of serving sizes, but they have one thing in common: their round shape.
Below are the steps to make a baked pie.
- Making a pie starts with the dough.
- The next step is the introduction of vegetables, meat, or fruits, depending on the pie type you will make. (Sweet or Salty)
- Once the ingredients are added, it is then sealed with an upper layer of dough and placed in the oven until it is crispy and soft on the inside.
Check out this amazing pie crust recipe!
History of pie
Talking about the history of pie, this delicious food was first introduced by the ancient Egyptians.
The pie they used to make contained ingredients like oats, wheat, barley, fruits, and honey.
Usually, they used one type of flour and experimented with different fillings.
Before 2000 BC, the chicken pie recipe also entered Egyptian cuisine.
Later, during the 5th Century BC, Ancient Greeks invented their specific pie pastry.
Romans also experimented with their concept of pie.
They created a pastry of flour dough covering meat, which helped keep the meat’s flavor and juices.
Afterward, pie recipes traveled along the Romans and eventually gained popularity in different parts of Europe.
Top 10 pie quotes
Indulge yourself with our list of the top 10 pie quotes.
1. “Now, that’s a pie!” — James May
2. “You like pie? I like pie.” — Barack Obama
3. “The First Law of Pies: ‘No Pastry, No Pie.’” — Janet Clarkson
4. “No one evaded the pie shop pirates for long.” — Carrie Ryan
5. “I require pie before I desecrate a mass grave.” — Sarah Beth Durst
6. “Cut my pie into four pieces, I don’t think I could eat eight.” — Yogi Berra
7. “Work and pray, live on hay, you’ll get pie in the sky when you die.” — Joe Hill
8. “We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.” — David Mamet
9. “So the pie isn’t perfect? Cut it into wedges. Stay in control, and never panic.” — Martha Stewart
10. “Whoever put steak and kidneys together in a pie made a serious error in judgment.” — Nick Snowbeard
Pumpkin pie quotes for pie lovers
This collection of pumpkin pie quotes is a must-read for anyone who enjoys pie.
11. “I love pumpkin pie.” — Chad Gilbert
12. “Pumpkin pie, spice, and everything nice.” — Unknown
13. “Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.” — Jim Davis
14. “I suppose I will die never knowing what pumpkin pie tastes like when you have room for it.” — Robert Breault
15. “What moistens the lip and what brightens the eye? What calls back the past like the rich pumpkin pie?” — John Greenleaf Whittier
16. “Autumn. Pretty leaves, pumpkin pie and sweaters. Perfect weather for reading. Winter is great but I hate shoveling.” — Eden Robinson
17. “Instead of doing cinnamon, nutmeg, and all those baking spices I’ll have one spice that’s for sweets, and that’s pumpkin pie spice.” — Sandra Lee
18. “But see, in our open clearings, how golden the melons lie; Enrich them with sweets and spices, and give us the pumpkin-pie!” — Margaret Junkin Preston
19. “I like to make pies. That’s kind of my new obsession – peach, blueberry, apple, strawberry. I make a really good pumpkin pie with real pumpkin.” — Morgan Saylor
20. “Pumpkin pie is a living symbol of mediocrity. The best pumpkin pie you ever ate wasn’t all that much different from the worst pumpkin pie you ever ate.” — Garrison Keillor
Pie quotes for pie fans
With food, pie always seems interesting. We’ve collected some relevant pie quotes below.
21. “Pie… it fills the cracks of the heart. Go away, pain.” — Kevin James
22. “Hot Pie yelled hot pie. He must have yelled it a hundred times.” — George R. R. Martin
23. “When someone asks if you’d like cake or pie, why not say you want cake and pie?” — Lisa Loeb
24. “Everyone has a favorite cake, pastry, pudding or pie from when they were kids.” — Colonel Sanders
25. “Give everyone a chance to have a piece of the pie. If the pie’s not big enough, make a bigger pie.” — Dave Thomas
26. “I know that I am essentially a sort of fun-loving person who really just wants to sit around and eat pies.” — Nora Ephron
27. “Things that really matter are the things that gold can’t buy, so let’s have another cup o’ coffee and let’s have another piece o’ pie.” — Irving Berlin
28. “It could be argued that there is an element of entertainment in every pie, as every pie is inherently a surprise by virtue of its crust.” — Janet Clarkson
29. “I don’t know. Let me think. Do I want pie? Am I even hungry? Oh, this is a hard decision. Maybe I should call the DUH, YES, I LOVE PIE ASSOCIATION.” — Cindy Callaghan
30. “One of my favorite dishes, absolutely from my childhood, was something my grandmother made, on my mother’s side. It was a shepherd’s pie, and I really adored that.” — Dean Cain
Admirable apple pie quotes
People who like apple pie would also like apple pie quotes. Send them these quotes so they can read and enjoy them whenever possible.
31. “I love the warmth of apple pie.” — Christina Tosi
32. “The older I get, the more I become an apple pie, sparkling cider kind of guy.” — Scott Foley
33. “If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.” — Carl Sagan
34. “Pessimism is as American as apple pie – frozen apple pie with a slice of processed cheese.” — George Will
35. “Tolerance is the value that was selected to put on here, and tolerance is as American as apple pie.” — Jay Inslee
36. “Positive thinking is so firmly enshrined in our culture that knocking it is a little like attacking motherhood or apple pie.” — Srikumar Rao
37. “We have been careless with our pie repertoire. The demise of apple-pear pie with figs and saffron and orengeado pies are tragic losses.” — Janet Clarkson
38. “I’ve read hundreds of cookbooks. Most of those cookbooks don’t even tell you how to get a steak ready, how to bake biscuits or an apple pie.” — Colonel Sanders
39. “Of emotions, of love, of breakup, of love and hate and death and dying, mama, apple pie, and the whole thing. It covers a lot of territory, country music does.” — Johnny Cash
40. “Don’t get fancy. Have you cooked an apple pie? You don’t know what you did wrong? Do this: Take two or three apples. Put them on a table. Study them.” — Paul Prudhomme
Some more fantastic pie quotes
More reading brings more pleasure. We present some more captivating pie quotes for you to read and enjoy.
41. “No one wants a cherry pie that bites back.” — RuPaul
42. “There’s no diet list I’ll follow that would rule out cherry pie.” — Edgar Guest
43. “Here’s an idea: let’s get over ourselves, buy a cherry pie, and go fall in love with life.” — Tom Robbins
44. “I love eating at my dad’s pub, the Queens Arms in Kilburn. It does a traditional Albanian spinach pie.” — Rita Ora
45. “I don’t enjoy eating humble pie; it never tastes good. But I do appreciate it when it happens.” — Simon Sinek
46. “And what’s interesting about him as a comic character is that the custard pie hardly ever ends up on his face.” — Rowan Atkinson
47. “In all my work, I try to say – ‘You may be given a load of sour lemons, why not try to make a dozen lemon meringue pies?’” — Maya Angelou
48. “Instead, I have an abundance mentality: When people are genuinely happy at the successes of others, the pie gets larger.” — Stephen Covey
49. “When you do not know how to make money in a particular space, hand it out to experts, you will still ‘Own Your Piece Of The Pie’” — Sandeep Sahajpal
50. “A cherry pie is… ephemeral. From the moment it emerges from the oven, it begins a steep decline: from too hot to edible to cold to stale to moldy, and finally to a post-pie state where only history can tell you that it was once considered food. The pie is a parable of human life.” — Nick Harkaway
Which one of these pie quotes is your favorite?
Once you have gone through our compilation of pie quotes, you might have craved a warm and delicious piece of pie.
These pie quotes are suitable for every reader irrespective of his/her tendency towards a pie.
This is so, as we have included the most interesting and popular pie quotes worthy to share with your friends and family.
If you have found your favorite pie quote, share it with us by commenting in the section below.
We would love to know about your choice.
January 19, 2023 6:00 AM EST