These homesick quotes can pacify someone feeling homesick away from home.
Finding the best homesick quotes might not be easy, as it requires substantial time and effort.
We have rounded up a few of the most popular quotes about homesickness to help you.
These comforting quotes can make you feel better if you miss your home.
But before we visit the quotes section, let’s first share some words about homesickness.
Let’s start with defining homesickness and how to deal with it.
What is homesickness
To put it simply, homesickness is a kind of distress that a person feels when he/she is away from their family or home.
The mind of such a person is occupied by the thoughts of the time spent with family.
Sufferers usually report symptoms like depression and lack of focus.
How to deal with homesickness
If you are homesick, here are some great tips for dealing with it.
- Don’t feel the pressure
- Participate in physical activities
- Share your feelings
These tips can help lift your mood.
Let’s discuss them in detail.
1. Don’t Feel the Pressure
First, don’t feel too much pressure.
Homesickness is a natural behavior, and there is no wrong with you.
Therefore, try to be normal.
2. Participate in Physical Activities
Make new friends and focus on other aspects of your life.
Our mind needs some time to adjust and align with the new surroundings.
Try to live an active lifestyle by taking part in physical activities.
3. Share your Feelings
Share your feelings with your friends and family.
They will try their best to pacify you.
Make sure to act firmly against homesickness, and don’t let it overcome your senses.
Along with the tips mentioned above, try to spend more time with new friends or colleagues.
Go out and explore the new places around you.
There is always something inspiring near you, but you need to look closely to find it.
Top 10 best homesick quotes
These quotes are among the most popular and impressive ones. So, enjoy reading and share them with your friends and family.
1. “I get homesick.” — Larry Bird
2. “I get homesick driving to the grocery store.” — Flying Lotus
3. “I am so homesick every day of the week.” — Tanya Saracho
4. “When I was a kid, I was so homesick at all times.” — Kendall Jenner
5. “I never used to get homesick when I first moved to L.A.” — Michaela Conlin
6. “I suppose everybody must be always just a little homesick.” — Joseph Conrad
7. “After I’ve been in America for a while, I get homesick for Scotland.” — Billy Boyd
8. “The hardest novel to write was Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant.” — Anne Tyler
9. “Christmas is a time when you get homesick even when you’re home.” — Carol Nelson
10. “Do not make homes out of people. This will leave you homesick and sad.” — K. Michelle
Homesick quotes to pacify you
Sweet memories can bring sadness when you are away from home. These homesick quotes can pacify you and help bring happiness to your life.
11. “Homesickness is nothing. Fifty percent of the people in the world are homesick all the time.” — John Cheever
12. “When people hear good music, it makes them homesick for something they never had, and never will have.” — E. W. Howe
13. “One thing I wish I’d done differently in my career is to insist on having friends or family on tour. I was really young when I traveled the world with Eternal, and I was always homesick.” — Louise Nurding
14. “I get homesick for snow and for winter and for seasons and, really, for weather patterns. But L.A. has some of the best weather, so who can complain when it’s 80 degrees and sunny?” — Darby Stanchfield
15. “I remember being so homesick and realizing that where I came from was not something that existed in the cultural imagination outside the city. People used to think Miami was just partying in South Beach all the time.” — Jennine Capó Crucet
16. “On my first night at boarding school, I felt entirely alone. I was shocked, frightened and intensely homesick, but I soon discovered that expressing these emotions, instead of bringing help and consolation, attracted a gloating, predatory fascination.” — George Monbiot
17. “I got the travel bug when I was quite young. My parents took me and my sisters out of school and we traveled all over Europe. It was an eye-opening experience and, although I love Norway, I also enjoy visiting new countries. I don’t get homesick.” — Magnus Carlsen
18. “My mother left Hungary as a refugee, and she is not nostalgic for the life that she had back in Hungary, and yet Cubans certainly want the economic opportunity in the United States, but they’re desperately homesick for the culture that they left behind.” — Brin-Jonathan Butler
19. “At the time the world was all upside down. The American people were beginning to move around a lot. The old hometown ties had been pretty much broken. The theme of Farmer Takes a Wife appealed to people. Everybody was homesick. And it sold and sold and sold.” — John Gould
20. “When my father passed away, I learned to be unattached to physical things. At a very young age, I was able to roam the world and be emotionally connected but physically disconnected. I’ll get homesick in that I miss my mom. My grounding rock is her and my family.” — Eiza Gonzalez
Homesick quotes for everyone
Reading these homesick quotes can help anyone deal with homesickness. You can share these quotes with your friends or family missing their homes.
21. “In Japan, animation is a big part of your media diet. I moved out to Los Angeles at 9, and when I got homesick, I would watch anime.” — Hiro Murai
22. “I would have loved to have cracked America. When I tried, I got homesick. Then, when I was in New York, my nanna died, and I just wanted to come home.” — Cilla Black
23. “You live overseas, you see these exotic places and you want to know about them. But, weirdly, it also made me homesick for all these very prosaic places in America.” — Ken Jennings
24. “People of a certain age look back on the Mayberry of ‘The Andy Griffith Show’ and become almost as homesick for that simple fictional hamlet as they do for their own home towns.” — Tom Shales
25. “I don’t especially like to travel, not the way many people do. I know many people that love to go to far-off and different places, and I’ve never been like that. I seem to get homesick as quickly as a child.” — Elizabeth Strout
26. “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” — Loren Eiseley
27. “I was 15 on the show, and I cried a lot. I was homesick, and was so worried, that I didn’t think of being on ‘American Idol.’ I was so worried that I was going home every week that I didn’t enjoy it as much as I should have.” — Lauren Alaina
28. “It really gets on my goat that people keep quoting Dorothea Mackellar’s ‘My Country’ as proof that there is no such thing as climate change. A poem written more than 100 years ago by a homesick 19-year-old versus an ever-increasing body of refereed scientific thought… hmm, hard to know which way to jump, really.” — Judy Horacek
29. “In the spring of 1929, I returned to the United States. I was homesick for this country. I had learned in my student days a great deal about the new physics. I wanted to pursue this myself, to explain it, and to foster its cultivation.” — J. Robert Oppenheimer
30. “I came into Chicago in winter – I’d never been so cold in my life! I was very homesick, and a poor student at that time. America seemed so different and so filled with amazing things – and almost all of them were out of my reach.” — Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
Homesick quotes for social media
These homesick quotes are neither too short nor too long. They are suitable for sharing via social media platforms.
31. “I get very homesick, but otherwise it’s a great privilege to get to travel for work.” — Jesse Eisenberg
32. “Touring can be really tiring. I can get homesick, and I spend a lot of time on my phone.” — Paolo Nutini
33. “I’m homesick all the time. I miss my animals. I miss my family. I miss my friends.” — Brittany Howard
34. “South Bend is a nice town, but you know that phrase – I was homesick even when I was home.” — Sydney Pollack
35. “I’m homesick everywhere I go, but England has a negative effect on my spirit to a profound degree.” — Mark Kozelek
36. “I get homesick – I could be in the sunniest place, but I need to see normality, and normal, for me, is London.” — Stefflon Don
37. “Paris is one of the most beautiful places in all the world. Unfortunately, I was so homesick I couldn’t appreciate its beauty.” — Tyra Banks
38. “I can get on with all different sorts of people, and I never feel homesick, particularly, or I’ve never felt kind of patriotic towards any one country.” — Andy Serkis
39. “We get home to Brisbane every couple of months or weeks. But we have often flown home for just two days as we get so homesick.” — Jessica Origliasso
40. “All my stories take place on the West Coast – not the beach, but smaller inland towns. I feel homesick, and I find inspiration in capturing that.” — Adrian Tomine
Homesick quotes with a powerful message
Are you looking for homesick quotes with a strong message? Here are some of the options to look at.
41. “And then she knew… You can become homesick for people too.” — Unknown
42. “I am lucky because I can feel at home anywhere, I don’t get homesick.” — Mario Kempes
43. “‘When you feel homesick,’ he said, ‘just look up. Because the moon is the same wherever you go.” — Donna Tartt
44. “We don’t call it homesick. We call it missing home. There’s not a sickness involved, it’s a state of mind.” — John Litten
45. “You know, it’s funny what you’ll miss when you’re away from home. Now me, I miss the smell of coffee… and bacon frying in the morning.” — Fannie Flagg
46. “I think I’ll always be homesick. Even though Orlando is amazing and the sun’s always out, I’ll always miss Birmingham. I don’t know what it is.” — Pete Dunne
47. “I’ve been writing a lot of road songs. Writing a lot of homesick songs. But once you start playing them out, it all ain’t no secret anymore. Everyone knows how you feel.” — Tyler Childers
48. “When I moved over to the States full time it was a culture shock. I had a great life over there, I really did, but I was always homesick. I always wanted to get home whenever I could.” — Dario Franchitti
49. “I would go home to eat, but I could not make myself eat much, and my father and mother thought that I was sick yet, but I was not. I was only homesick for the place where I had been.” — John G. Neihardt
50. “Don’t think I am not homesick for America. I say ‘homesick’ advisedly because I am a man with two homes – America, which gave me hospitality for many happy years, and where my daughter was born; and my native England.” — Leslie Howard
Which of these homesick quotes is your favorite?
The quotes listed above are perfect for those feeling lonely and distressed when away from home.
Reading these quotes can help lower your stress.
Please mention your favorite quote in our comments section if you have found it.
Also, don’t forget to share these homesick quotes and sayings with friends and family.