60 Meaningful Quotes That Will Help You Stay on Your Path
Allow these meaningful quotes to brighten your spirit and move you forward.
October 27, 2022 12:19 AM EST
Our latest collection of meaningful quotes will help you move forward on your journey, and you’ll look back to see how far you’ve come.
In life, it’s easy to get stuck in a rut.
Sometimes we lose our way and our focus, but these meaningful words will help set you back on the right path.
Tell us which one resonated with you the most in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading meaningful quotes?
Struggling to stay on your path?
Feeling like you’ve lost sight of the person you want to be?
Many of us go through a phase in life where we feel lost, aimless, confused, and alone.
You could fall out of touch with yourself for many reasons.
Maybe you’re buying into other people’s ideas of what you are supposed to be or should do rather than what you want to be doing.
Or maybe you are not living your own life because of someone else’s expectations.
No matter what your reasons are, they can be undone.
You have the power to get out of this lost state and create a life you love.
Although it might be easier said than done, these meaningful quotes will help you:
- regain your focus
- access your confidence
- tap into your natural and potential abilities
- keep things in perspective
You can find yourself by reconnecting with what you love and taking action on it, going on an adventure so you can see and experience the world with fresh eyes, and challenging yourself to get out of your comfort zone.
Besides, signs all around us can inspire you to move forward on your path.
You just need to listen up and pay attention.
Also, you can reach out and ask for help.
Whether it’s a friend, mentor, life coach, or counselor, there are many people who can provide the insight you need to move ahead.
Here is our collection of meaningful quotes, meaningful sayings, and meaningful proverbs that will help you stay on track and open up your potential to truly accomplish that which you set your mind to.
Also, read this compilation of helpful confused quotes that will inspire you to find direction whenever you feel lost.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
Meaningful quotes that will help you stay on your path
1. “Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about having fun.
2. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
You will also enjoy our article on mentor quotes.
3. “Mistakes are part of the dues that one pays for a full life.” – Sophia Loren
You will also enjoy our article on journey quotes.
4. “To be lost is as legitimate a part of your process as being found.”– Alex Ebert
You will also enjoy our article on Maya Angelou quotes.
5. “The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivious to the rose.” – Kahlil Gibran
You will also enjoy our article on focus quotes.
6. “Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua Marine
You will also enjoy our article on full moon quotes.
7. “Better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing flawlessly.” – Robert Schuller
You will also enjoy our article on Quotes About Taking Risks.
8. “Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.”– Henry David Thoreau
9. “Basically, I was so worried about what everyone else was thinking, I forgot about what I was thinking.” ― Lisa M. Cronkhite
10. “If you feel lost, disappointed, hesitant, or weak, return to yourself, to who you are, here and now and when you get there, you will discover yourself, like a lotus flower in full bloom, even in a muddy pond, beautiful and strong.”
― Masaru Emoto
How to Fight Through the Worst of Times | Michael Crossland
Video Credit: Goalcast
Meaningful quotes to help you find yourself
11. “The soul which has no fixed purpose in life is lost; to be everywhere, is to be nowhere.”– Michel de Montaigne
12. “Expect nothing, live frugally on surprise.” – Alice Walker
You might also like these Colin Powell quotes that will inspire and motivate you to work hard for your dreams.
13. “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” – James Dean
14. “And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
15. “You got to go down a lot of wrong roads to find the right one.”– Bob Parsons
16. “Just because someone stumbles and loses their path, doesn’t mean they’re lost forever.” ― Charles Xavier
17. “When you’re feeling lost, take heart. It’s just your brain gathering the information it needs to make good decisions.” – Josh Kaufman
18. “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.”― Erol Ozan
19. “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” – Aristotle
20. “You’ve got to find yourself first. Everything else will follow.” ― Charles de Lint
Don’t forget to read these inspirational road quotes to contemplate on your journey.
Meaningful quotes for when you feel lost
21. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.” – Confucius
22. “Life’s burdens are lighter when I laugh at myself.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
23. “The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge.” – Bertrand Russell
24. “A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.”— John A. Shedd
25. “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
26. “When all else is lost, the future still remains.”– Christian Nestell Bovee
27. “You just decide what your values are in life and what you are going to do, and then you feel like you count, and that makes life worth living. It makes my life meaningful.” – Annie Lennox
28. If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.– Nora Roberts
29. “Not all those who wander are lost.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
30. “Getting lost is just another way of saying ‘going exploring.” ― Justina Chen Headley
If you’re enjoying this article, you’ll also love our collection of comeback quotes that will help you bounce back.
Meaningful quotes to help you stay on track
31. “Life is a process. We are a process. The universe is a process.” – Anne Wilson Schaef
32. “Don’t be seduced into thinking that that which does not make profit is without value.” – Arthur Miller
33. “I just want people to take a step back, take a deep breath and actually look at something with a different perspective. But most people will never do that.” – Brian McKnight
34. “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” – Kierkegaard
35. “There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”– Anaïs Nin
You might also like these wise Native American quotes on community, respect, and more.
36. “No matter how much light I carry within me, there will always be times of feeling lost, being confused, seeking direction. It is the way of the human heart.” – Joyce Rupp
37. “People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates.” – Thomas Szasz
38. “It’s a helluva start, being able to recognize what makes you happy.”– Lucille Ball
39. “It is not true that everyone is special. It is true that everyone was once special and still possesses the ability to recover it.” ― Criss Jami
40. “Stay focused, go after your dreams and keep moving toward your goals.” – LL Cool J
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of moving quotes about the power of a new environment.
Deep meaningful quotes about life
41. “You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover is yourself.”– Alan Alda
42. “Life is just a chance to grow a soul.” – A. Powell Davies
43. “The most decisive actions of our life… are most often unconsidered actions.” – André Gide
44. “Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.” – Elbert Hubbard
45. “A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.”— John A. Shedd
46. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson
47. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.”– Maya Angelou
48. “Everyone goes astray, but the least imprudent are they who repent the soonest.” – Voltaire
49. “The only journey is the journey within.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
50. “Sometimes when you lose your way, you find YOURSELF.” ― Mandy Hale
You might also like these deep quotes that will change how you see the world.
Other meaningful quotes to inspire you
51. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist.” – Oscar Wilde
52. “Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient.” – Steve Maraboli
53. “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”-Mahatma Gandhi
54. “A ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are for.”– William G.T. Shedd
55. “A brave man acknowledges the strength of others.” – Veronica Roth
56. “Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” – Mark Twain
57. “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
58. “We choose to go to the moon and do these other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard.” – John Fitzgerald Kennedy
59. “You feel your strength in the experience of pain.” – Jim Morrison
60. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of opportunity quotes about making the most of a situation.
Inspirational Meaningful Quotes to Help You Find Purpose
61. “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” – Napoleon Hill
62. “You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.” – Stephen King
63. “The Law of Win/Win says, ‘Let’s not do it your way or my way; let’s do it the best way’.” – Greg Anderson
64. “The only place where your dream becomes impossible is in your own thinking.” – Robert H Schuller
65. “Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn’t know you left open.” – John Barrymore
66. “He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.” – Elbert Hubbard
67. “Take responsibility of your own happiness, never put it in other people’s hands.” – Roy T. Bennett
68. “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses.” – Abraham Lincoln
69. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
70. “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Meaningful Quotes That Make You A Powerful Person
71. “Not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do is the secret of happiness.” — J.M. Barrie
72. “Make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can’t build on it; it’s only good for wallowing.” — Katherine Mansfield
73. “I’d rather regret the risks that didn’t work out than the chances I didn’t take at all.” — Simone Biles
74. “When you are actually powerful, you don’t need to be petty.” — Jon Stewart
75. “To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.” — Bertrand Russell
76. “It’s not necessary to take a person’s advice to make him feel good—all you have to do is ask it.” — Richard Armour
77. “Don’t say you can’t until you prove you can’t.” — Les Paul
78. “Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.” — Allen Saunders
79. “Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you.” — Aldous Huxley
80. “One good way to test your memory is to try to remember the things that worried you yesterday.” — Toronto Star
Which of these meaningful quotes was your favorite?
Because of life’s uncertainties, we sometimes feel lost, worthless and lonely.
But no matter what reasons might have caused you to lose sight of yourself, you still have the power to create a life you love.
You can regain your focus and set yourself on the path to success and happiness.
Hopefully, these meaningful quotes will help you find yourself when you’re feeling lost.
Did you enjoy these meaningful quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it, and your friends might also enjoy these quotes!
Don’t forget to share the link on your social media platforms.