45 Honey Quotes
March 28, 2023 6:00 AM EST
This article will explore some of the most inspiring and thought-provoking honey quotes from various sources, including Rumi and Winnie the Pooh.
From ancient civilizations to modern pop culture, honey has been a beloved and highly valued commodity for its rich taste and many health benefits.
Aristotle once said, ‘Honey is the nectar of the gods.’
What is honey?
Honey is a sweet, sticky, edible substance produced by bees.
Many kinds of bees make honey, most notably honey bees.
Bees store their honey in a mass of hexagonal wax cells called a honeycomb.
Tell us your favorite quote about honey in the comments below!
Why you should read quotes about honey
The most important thing about honey is that bees, which are threatened with extinction around the globe, produce it.
Bees are at risk of extinction, mostly from human activity.
According to fairplanet.org, their habitats are being destroyed by industrial and agricultural practices, widespread use of pesticides, and large changes in land use.
Food sources for bees are also depleted because of these practices.
Reading quotes about honey can remind you of the importance of bees and encourage you to:
- Buy ethically produced and sustainably sourced honey
- Provide habitat for bees by planting flowers that attract them and give them food
- Make charitable donations to organizations working to save bee populations
- Spread the word about the threat against bees and what we humans can do to help
Honey is a 100% natural, nourishing substance
It’s a prized find for many foraging animals like bears and honey badgers and is also a delicious and nutritious part of the human diet.
Honey also has many culinary applications.
We use it as a natural sweetener for drinks and desserts or an emulsifier for medicines.
Honey is often used in baked goods to help food items like granola stick together.
Historically, honey itself was used as a medicine and healing agent.
It was given orally and topically to treat ailments like ulcers, digestive disturbances, wounds, and burns to the skin.
With its widespread uses and importance to many biological organisms, it’s easy to see why honey is so important!
Honey quotes for Instagram
Share these honey quotes for Instagram with your friends and family on social media!
1. “You’re the bee to my honey.” — Unknown
2. “Make yourself honey and the flies will devour you.” — Miguel de Cervantes
3. “Teddy bears, not grizzly bears, get invited in for honey.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
4. “In a world of smoke and ashes, you are milk and honey.” — India Arie
5. “Hope is the only bee that makes honey without flowers.” — Robert Green Ingersoll
6. “The would-bees take their honey from the flowers of creation.” — Herbert Gold
7. “When you’re out to get the honey you don’t go killing all the bees.” — Joe Strummer
8. “They whom truth and wisdom lead, can gather honey from a weed.” — William Cowper
9. “Kind words are like honey, sweet to the soul and healthy to the body.” — Proverbs 16:24
10. “It is the honey in my veins that makes my blood thicker, and my soul quieter.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
Short honey quotes
These short honey quotes will bring sweetness to your day!
11. “It takes a bee to get the honey out.” — Arthur Guiterman
12. “Enjoy the honey-heavy dew of slumber.” — William Shakespeare
13. “No bees, no honey; no work, no money.” — Proverb
14. “A taste of honey is worse than none at all.” — Smokey Robinson
15. “The Honey is sweet, but the bee has a Sting.” — Benjamin Franklin
16. “Deadly poisons are concealed under sweet honey.” — Ovid
17. “Turn all things to honey; this is the law of divine living.” — Sri Aurobindo
18. “The bee that hath honey in her mouth hath a sting in her tail.” — John Lyly
19. “The fly that prefers sweetness to a long life may drown in honey.” — George Santayana
20. “Honey doesn’t lose its sweetness because it is made by bees that sting.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
Honey quotes about love and life
These honey quotes about love and life will surely stick in your heart.
21. “Life is the flower for which love is the honey.” — Victor Hugo
22. “The taste of things recovered is the sweetest honey we will ever know.” — Paulo Coelho
23. “A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside.” — A. A. Milne
24. “The words of kindness are more healing to a drooping heart than balm or honey.” — Sarah Fielding
25. “Kindness in ourselves is the honey that blunts the sting of unkindness in another.” — Grantland Rice
26. “Art is the stored honey of the human soul, gathered on wings of misery and travail.” — Theodore Dreiser
27. “Love is like honey; you cannot share it without getting some on your heart’s fingers.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
28. “The sweetness of life lies in usefulness, like honey deep in the heart of a clover bloom.” — Laura Ingalls Wilder
29. “This is what love does and continues to do. It tastes like honey to adults and milk to children.” — Rumi
30. “Love drips like honey from the hive, constant, sweet, precious, into your heart each and every moment if you let it.” ― Amy Leigh Mercree
Wise honey quotes to ponder
Ponder these wise honey quotes for some delicious thought.
31. “Man produces evil as a bee produces honey.” — William Golding
32. “If you want to gather honey, don’t kick over the beehive.” — Dale Carnegie
33. “A spoonful of honey will catch more flies than a gallon of vinegar.” — Benjamin Franklin
34. “A teaspoon of honey is worth more to the bee than a barrel of gold.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
35. “When you go in search of honey you must expect to be stung by bees.” — Joseph Joubert
36. “The flowers are full of honey, but only the bee finds out the sweetness.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
37. “The world is plentiful with honey, but only the humble bee can collect it.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
38. “As the bee collecteth honey with great zest, so the fool collecteth wealth.” — Kabir
39. “The pedigree of honey does not concern the bee, a clover, anytime, to him, is aristocracy.” — Emily Dickinson
40. “Honey is sweet, and so is knowledge, but knowledge is like the bee that made that sweet honey, you have to chase it through the pages of a book.” — Patricia Polacco
Funny honey quotes
Here are some funny honey quotes to make you smile!
41. “No honey for me, if it comes with a bee.” — Sappho
42. “If you have no honey in your pot, have some in your mouth.” — Unknown
43. “When the honey’s out of the comb, there’s no putting it back.” — Robert Jordan
44. “My grandfather always said that living is like licking honey off a thorn.” — Louis Adamic
45. “When you hear buzz around the beehive, you know they’re making honey in there.” — Terrence Howard
Honey Quotes Have Both Sweetness and Sting
It’s nice to read quotes about honey to remind us that sometimes life can sting, but the sweetness remains.
Honey perfectly illustrates what you can produce from a labor of love.
Enjoy the honey of life, but remember, it doesn’t come easily.
Next time you eat honey, think of the bees working tirelessly to bring you this delicious treat.
Do what you can to help save the bee populations so that all humans and animals can continue enjoying their nourishing nectar for years and years to come.
Tell us your favorite honey quotes in the comments below!
If you enjoyed reading these quotes about honey, click the button to share them with others!