If you love a good scare, you will love these horror quotes.
Horror is an intense feeling of fear, shock, or disgust.
As a genre, people have been watching horror for a long time.
Across the planet, cultures have different versions of entertainment that most would consider horror.
Stone age hunters would kill bears and consume their stomachs to eat the bear’s meal before they killed them.
People of ancient Rome watched human death as entertainment in mass.
People murdered in the coliseum for cheering fans in ancient Rome had no chance of survival; the empire murdered ten thousand people for entertainment in one morning.
Watching horror is a pastime of many cultures.
King Charles I infamously wore two shirts to his execution so the crowds would not see him shivering so hard in fear.
Check out our blood-curdling horror quotes and don’t be afraid to let out a scream.
Take a minute to check out these Young Frankenstein quotes for horror on a lighter note!
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of fear quotes to help you face your fears.
Horror quotes about love
1. “We all go a little mad sometimes.” — Psycho
2. “But this is life. This isn’t a movie.” — Scream
3. “I love you. I’ve always loved you.” — A Quiet Place
4. “I want to run towards something. Not away.” — IT
5. “Darling. Light of my life. I’m not gonna hurt ya.” — The Shining
6. “I’m not going to kiss the camera. I’ll kiss you, but I won’t kiss the camera.” — Paranormal Activity
7. “You’ve got the body… I’ve got the brain.” — A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy’s Revenge.
8. “I do remember you. Quiet, very smart, compassionate. Unusually compassionate.” — The Sixth Sense
9. “Frankenstein was interested only in human life. First, to destroy it; then, recreate it.” — Frankenstein
10. “Love is the only thing that can save this poor creature, and I am going to convince him that he is loved even at the cost of my own life.” — Young Frankenstein
Horror quotes about life
11. “With the first kiss, his mouth will taste of wormwood.” — Poppy Z. Brite, Wormwood
12. “Alone was a dangerous status in Horror Zone.” — C. Rae D’Arc, Don’t Date the Haunted
13. “Your truths are worse than your lies.” — Richelle Mead, Succubus Shadows
14. “I want to be your last thought at night, and your first taste at dawn.” — Nenia Campbell, Horrorscape
15. “She was young and very beautiful but pale, like the grey pallor of death.” — Bram Stoker, The Lady of the Shroud
16. “You always felt they were pawns in an indifferent universe, butts of an existential joke with no punch line.” — Poppy Z. Brite
17. “You must come with me, loving me, to death; or else hate me, and still come with me.” — Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu, Carmilla
18. “Standing by and waiting at your backdoor/ All this time, how could you not know, baby?/ You belong with me.” — Taylor Swift, You Belong With Me
19. “Even when I’m dead, I’ll swim through the Earth, like a mermaid of the soil, just to be next to your bones.” — Jeffrey McDaniel, The Archipelago Of Kisses
20. “I don’t just want your heart. I want your flesh, your skin and blood, your voice, your thoughts, your pulse, and most of all, your fingerprints everywhere.” — Isobel Thrilling, Lover
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of scary and disturbing Invisible Man quotes.
Horror quotes from Freddy Kruger
21. “This is God.” — Freddy Krueger
22. “He can’t fight me. I’m him.” — Freddy Krueger
23. “How’s this for a wet dream?” — Freddy Krueger
24. “Welcome to wonderland, Alice.” — Freddy Krueger
25. “I’m your boyfriend now, Nancy!” — Freddy Krueger
26. “There is no Jesse. I’m Jesse now!” — Freddy Krueger
27. “I forgot how much it hurts to be human!” — Freddy Krueger
28. “Yes. The souls of the children give me strength.” — Freddy Krueger
29. “Put your pedal to the metal, man. Buckle up, dear.” — Freddy Krueger
30. “Not strong enough, yet. Well, I will be soon enough. Until then, I’ll let Jason have some fun.” — Freddy Krueger
Short horror quotes
31. “I took a souvenir: her pretty head.” — John Doe, Se7en
32. “You were never second. Ever. I love you.” — The Sixth Sense
33. “You are a cinema; I could watch you forever.” — Benny Benassi, Cinema
34. “I like watching you sleep. I find it fascinating.” — Edward Cullen, Twilight
35. “Death is one lover who cannot be spurned.” — Nenia Campbell, Terrorscape
36. “These were the things we would never notice were missing.” — Kate Chisman, Creep
37. “I’ve never wanted a heart as much as I want yours.” — Rae Hachton, Frankie’s Monster
38. “Your scent is like a drug to me, like my own personal brand of heroin.” — Edward Cullen, Twilight
39. “Darkness falls across the land. The midnight hour is close at hand.” — Rodney Lynn Temperton
40. “The diamonds glinted under the glare of the chandelier, and they looked like a thousand spider eyes.” — Kate Chisman, Creep
What did you learn from these horror quotes?
Earth is full of horrific places and scarier people.
Vlad III, better known as Vlad the Impaler, took horror to the highest level.
Ossuaries keep human remains.
In the Czech Republic, there is a Roman Catholic called the Bone Church.
Forty thousand different skeletal remains make up the structure of the building.
The priests arranged the bones, forming pieces of furniture and other designs.
People from across the globe visit the church to see the human chandelier.
Horror evolved as we have.
Today horror content remains popular.
In the movie business, horror has been on a hot sales streak.
Last year marked the first time the horror genre grossed over 1 billion dollars at the box office.
People loved being scared by movies such as A Quiet Place, The Nun, and Halloween.
These films delivered significant profits for their studios.
Which of these horror quotes and sayings is your favorite?
Let us know in the comments section below.
December 28, 2022 6:05 AM EST