Hospice quotes are a very touchy topic to write about.
Hospice is a place where people can live out their ending days with calmness, ease, and love.
Hospice provides care to those nearing death who cannot manage their healthcare needs.
Alzheimer’s, and similar diseases, like cancer, can be the reason to join a Hospice facility.
Hospices are not-for-profit organizations that provide their services free to people with terminal illnesses.
They allow people to receive care comfortably without worrying about their health or finances.
Hospice caregivers are specially trained to work with patients and families and provide emotional support for loved ones who are going through this difficult time.
How hospice saves people from difficulties in the last days?
As hospice is a program that provides end-of-life care to terminally ill patients.
Here are some ways Hospice could be beneficial for many.
- The hospice provides food, shelter, clothing, and other essentials
- It provides professional treatment if needed
- You will be treated by caring staff
- It also provides emotional help
- In addition, it provides family support
- You will get a relaxed environment
And, it is a significant way to spend some last days on earth.
It also helps to overcome traumas in the life of people through proper therapy treatments so people feel comfortable in their final days.
In the US, most people are now choosing to spend their last days in hospices due to its benefits.
Read below these Hospice Quotes and be grateful for your life.
Top 10 hospice quotes
These are top hospice quotes for readers and lifelong learners.
1. “I visit hospices to remain humble.” — Dwayne Johnson
2. “A hospice can teach us vital lessons about life.” — Morgan Freeman
3. “Hospice is extended family and being together.” — Vienna (Hospice aide)
4. “If you want to see the blessings of God in your life, go visit a hospice.” — Andrew Tate
5. “Hospice nursing often calls us to lean into love we didn’t know possible.” — Ms. Melanie
6. “Hospices show us how well privileged we are when it comes to health.” ― Chetan Bhagat
7. “Hospice is a place where we can see the conclusions of journeys.” — Dr. Jordan Peterson
8. “Hospice is about choosing to focus on what’s most important at this time of life.” — Keely Chace
9. “I chose hospice to carry on the memories of those I serve.” — Dr. Sabrina from Grace Caring
10. “Going to Africa was being able to take my volunteering and my passion for hospice one step further.” ― Torrey DeVitto
Deep and meaningful hospice quotes
Here are some deep and thought-provoking hospice quotes to read and share.
11. “Engaging hospice care after a terminal diagnosis helps increase the likelihood of being able to die at home, on your terms.” ― Unknown
12. “I wish I felt that if I had an empty room, I’d like to bring in someone and make it a hospice, but I’m not Mother Teresa. I can’t do that.” ― Bea Arthur
13. “I do a fair bit for children’s charities. The big ones I support in Liverpool are Zoe’s Place Baby Hospice, and Claire House Children’s Hospice.” ― Robbie Fowler
14. “What? Corpus. Body. Corpse. Good idea, the Latin. Stupifies them first. Hospice for the dying. They don’t seem to chew it; only swallow it down.” ― James Joyce
15. “I have interviewed so many people who are put into nursing homes or hospices and are just waiting to die. It’s a very lonely situation to just sit at a window and watch life go by.” ― Misty Upham
16. “During childbirth and hospice, I’ll sing gospel songs that my grandma taught me when I was younger, or something I’ve made up, or I’ll hum. I just play things that I think the audience will like.” ― Erykah Badu
17. “I’ve written and passed laws to give Medicare beneficiaries access to life-saving cancer drugs and to ensure that seniors don’t have to give up the prospect of a cure when they go into hospice care.” ― Ron Wyden
18. “Howard’s enchanting Hospice obeys its own magical inner logic with excellent prose and a sadness that will split open hearts. You have in your hands a story that is inquisitive, gripping, and triumphant.” ― Deb Olin Unferth
19. “Sexual health is as achievable and reasonable a goal for patients in palliative care and hospice care as pain relief, but few hospice and palliative care professionals include sexual health within their assessment and plan of care.” ― Kimberly D. Acquaviva
20. “All over the world, social innovation is tackling some of the most pressing problems facing society today – from fair trade, distance learning, hospices, urban farming, and waste reduction to restorative justice and zero-carbon housing. But most of these are growing despite, not because of, help from governments.” ― Geoff Mulgan
Some heart-touching hospice quotes
Following are some hospice quotes that can touch your emotions and heart.
21. “Hospice begins with a referral from a medical provider when life expectancy is six months or less.” ― Unknown
22. “I passionately believe in the philosophy of hospice and how it encases an individual and their loved ones.” — Maren
23. “Hospice cannot add days to your life; we can fill your days with love, comfort, and support.” ― Nancy Williams
24. “I do hospice because it makes me happy to bring joy to patients at the end of their life. Their smiles make my day!” — Unknown
25. “Hospice and palliative care professionals support and care for people at a time when hope can be hard to find.” — Elizabeth Edwards
26. “God puts people where they need to be. I wasn’t looking for a shift in my career as a massage therapist. This position as a hospice massage therapist found me.” ― Dr. Angela
27. “Nowhere in Scripture do I read where we are to discuss hospice care with seniors, so they’re willing to get out of the way and let younger folks live more expediently.” ― Jonathan Falwell
28. “I have been a hospice music therapist for over 20 years, and I continuously find myself in awe of the connection music has with our patients’ spiritual self.” — Ms. Ann (A music therapist)
29. “Hospice is a philosophy of care that recognizes every person deserves to live out his or her life with respect and dignity, free of pain, and in an environment that promotes quality of life.” ― Unknown
30. “I am from Africa, where hospice services are not available. I watched my brother and grandmother struggle at end-of-life, and I am so thankful that now I can help people feel comfortable and loved.” — Dr. Jeannisse
Hospice quotes that emphasize its need
These hospice quotes emphasize the benefits of this facility.
31. “I always feel strange when I tell people I love my work with hospice.” — Rabbi Richard Simon
32. “Hospice care is truly a calling. It is an honor and a privilege to care for patients and their families at the end of life.” — Ms. Kelly (Hospice Volunteer)
33. “Most of us feel puzzled and awkward when we think about what to say to someone in hospice care who has days or months to live.” — Unknown
34. “Families of people who received care through a hospice program are more satisfied with end-of-life care than those who did not have hospice services.” — Unknown
35. “Working in hospice every day is a gift. I have the opportunity to touch—and be touched — by patients and families at one of the most delicate times in their lives.” — Sara Miller
36. “Hospice care brings together a team of people with special skills among them nurses, doctors, social workers, spiritual advisors, and trained volunteers.” — National Institute on Aging
37. “By the time a person has entered hospice care, they’ve accepted the fact that they’re dying, and it’s helpful for them to know that family and friends have accepted this, too.” — Tracy Riley
38. “By starting hospice early—well before a moment of crisis—you and your family will receive extensive support, including medical oversight, in-home assistance, and physical, social, emotional, and spiritual support.” — Samaritan Clinic
39. “We’ll bury our mothers and fathers – shuttling our children off for sleepovers, jumping on red-eyes, telling each other stories that hurt to hear, about gasping, agonal breaths, hospice nurses, scars and bruises and scabs, and how skin papers shortly after a person passes.” ― Kelly Corrigan
40. “There are so many misconceptions out there as to what a children’s hospice is actually like. We hear all sorts of myths about the hospice. Some of our families are wary of accessing our services because of the fear of the unknown, but as soon as they walk through the doors, they say it is not at all what they expected.” — Jo Sims, Rainbows Associate Director of Care at Rainbows
Some more hospice quotes
Some more hospice quotes for the learners to reflect on.
41. “Serving at a Hospice is a very noble thing to do.” ― Unknown
42. “It’s not uncommon for patients in hospice care to get better. Miracles can and do happen” — Unknown
43. “The evidence is that people who enter hospice don’t have shorter lives. In many cases, they are longer.” ― Atul Gawande
44. “One of the founding philosophies of hospice involves an abiding respect for each individual’s unique values.” — Unknown
45. “Hospice means end-of-life care. The admission ticket is a diagnosis from a doctor that you have six months or less to live.” ― Eleanor Clift
46. “When does life start? When does it end? Who makes these decisions?… Every day, in hospitals and homes and hospices… people are struggling with those profound issues.” ― Hillary Clinton
47. “Hospice focuses on providing the best quality of life to you and your family – based on your preferences. That extends to the moment of death and beyond, with grief support for your loved ones.” — Unknown
48. “When I got to the hospice, I was under the impression it would be a two- or three-week stay. But here I still am, six weeks later, and I’ve gotten so well Medicare won’t pay for me anymore.” ― Art Buchwald
49. “My work as a doula also extends all the way to the end of life. I sit at the bedsides of people who are passing on in hospices or nursing homes, for the people and families who want that kind of thing.” ― Erykah Badu
50. “You matter because of who you are. You matter to the last moment of your life, and we will do all we can, not only to help you die peacefully but also to live until you die.” — Dame Cicely Saunders, founder of the first modern hospice
51. “I had a friend who worked at a hospice, and he said people in their final moments don’t discuss their successes, awards, or what books they wrote or what they accomplished. They only talk about their loves and their regrets, and I think that’s very telling.” ― Brad Pitt
52. “My partner sometimes liked to go into the studio and improvise voice things just for fun. When I returned from England, I transcribed one of her melodies and had some hospice participants sing it because they said they liked to sing. Their singing is very raw, but I’m going to use it for the final work.” ― Meredith Monk
53. “Margaret Miles offers a stunning treatment of human experience, coaxing humans to leave dualisms behind and embrace our intelligent bodies. In a foundational text, she draws on the arts, philosophy and theology, and her experience as a hospice volunteer to explore concrete alternatives to privileging the rational mind. Her erudition, wisdom, and graceful writing are compelling proof of the intelligent body.” ― Mary E. Hunt
Which one of the above hospice quotes do you like the most?
Reading to this point, you have learned that a hospice is where you can get the best possible care at the end of your life.
Hospice care focuses on easing symptoms, such as pain and nausea.
While giving you the time and space to say goodbye to your loved ones without being rushed.
The staff at a hospice will work with you every step of the way so that you’re as comfortable as possible during this difficult time.
Please tell us in the comment section which one of the above hospice quotes most resonated with you.
If you found this article helpful, please share it on social media with others who might have a loved one in hospice.