Take a look at these memorable introduction quotes. Introductions are like first impressions.
How we introduce ourselves will often be how others remember us.
We remember how we felt and what we saw the first time we met someone.
At some point, you have probably heard the phrase “first impressions last a lifetime” from a teacher, parent, or adult in your life.
The human mind tends to focus on the first moment it interacts with new people, things and places.
This is why it is important for us to remember to put our best foot forward when presenting ourselves to others.
Introductions happen outside of meeting new people.
What about when we are public speaking or presenting an idea to someone?
One of the most common complaints novice public speakers have is that they simply don’t know how to start a speech.
Check out the introduction quotes below for some insight and context into the power of introductions.
Don’t forget to also check out these amazing quotes on living your best life.
The Power Of Introduction Quotes
1. “We are not strangers, only the introduction is missing.” ― Jesus Apolinaris
2. “The average introduction to almost any book is somewhat of a bore.” ― Boris Karloff, And the Darkness Falls
3. “There is no need to boast of your accomplishments and what you can do. A great man is known, he needs no introduction.” ― CherLisa Biles
4. “It’s much easier to get a reception from someone if there is an introduction versus randomly trying to get in front of people.”- Brad Feld
5. “We sometimes try to impress people we just met by not trying to impress them.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
6. “The key to growth is the introduction of higher dimensions of consciousness into our awareness.” – Lao Tzu
7. “The introduction of political pluralism often quickly led to bad results.” – Omar Bongo
8. “The introduction of many minds into many fields of learning along a broad spectrum keeps alive questions about the accessibility, if not the unity, of knowledge.” – Edward Levi
9. “I suppose when you do it correctly, a good introduction and a good outro makes the song feel like it’s coming out of something and then evolving into something.” – Bruce Springsteen
10. “Politeness and an affable address are our best introduction.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
11. “I assume I don’t need an introduction.” – Anne Rice
12. “When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction.” – Mark Twain
13. “The introduction of your true self is a recipe of importance; you never know who will love your ingredients.” – Jesus Apolinaris
14. “Avoid Prologues. They can be annoying, especially a prologue following an introduction that comes after a foreword.” – Elmore Leonard
15. “The true function of philosophy is to educate us in the principles of reasoning and not to put an end to further reasoning by the introduction of fixed conclusions.” – George Henry Lewes
16. “For, usually and fitly, the presence of an introduction is held to imply that there is something of consequence and importance to be introduced.” – Arthur Machen
17. “All the gestures of children are graceful; the reign of distortion and unnatural attitudes commences with the introduction of the dancing master.” – Joshua Reynolds
18. “The best gift you can give a human being is an introduction to a God who loves them.” – Bill Hybels
19. “Unfortunately, I could tell that she was not the kind of girl to introduce herself with a kiss.” ― Stanley Wheeler, Smoke
20. “There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.” – Niccolo Machiavelli
First Time Introduction Quotes
21. “I’m pretty good with talking to girls if I have an introduction, but I’m the worst at trying to go pick up a girl. I’m really bad at breaking the ice. It’s awkward!” – Bryan Greenberg
22. “My introduction to sports was through baseball. That’s all I knew.” – Jessica Mendoza
23. “Skateboarding was my introduction to rap and the first rap song that I really liked was KRS-One ‘Step Into A World.’” – Vic Mensa
24. “Drag was not only my introduction to womanhood, but my introduction to entertainment. It was the first time I realized that I could move a crowd.” – Trace Lysette
25. “I am categorically opposed to any fees for education – and I have voted and campaigned against their introduction at every stage.” – John McDonnell
26. “So much of my life and my style and sensibility are influenced by skateboarding. It’s counter-culture and skateboarding is my introduction to counter-culture.” – Vic Mensa
27. “Florida A&M University was my first real introduction to politics as a heavyweight game.” –Andrew Gillum
28. “My first introduction to Russell Westbrook was as a leader. It was pretty impressive.”- Ben Howland
29. “Hebrew School was my first introduction to real feminism. I remember that much more than I remember any kind of actual religious teaching.” – Jesse Andrews
30. “I spent most of this afternoon writing a new introduction for my autobiography.” – June Foray
31. “My entryway into hip-hop was – my biggest introduction was obviously like, you know, the Def Jam, Run D.M.C., Beastie Boys, like, that conglomerate.” – Neal Brennan
32. “I’d rather strive for the kind of interview where instead of me asking to introduce myself to society, society asks me to introduce myself to society.” ― Criss Jami, Killosophy
33. “If you are looking for a great life in this life and beyond, you need to be introduced to a man who needs no introduction. His name is Jesus Christ. He has the sole ability to introduce people, to an everlasting life.” ― Gift Gugu Mona
34. “Saying that you do not remember something or someone is a less embarrassing or hurtful way of saying that you do not know it or them anymore.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
35. “Pilot scripts are particularly difficult to write because you have to introduce all the characters without it feeling like a series of introductions.” ― Tina Fey, Bossypants
Starting Introduction Quotes
36. “Today I introduced myself to my very own Heart, In silent agony, after all these years it bled apart.” ― Ankita Singhal
37. “Mark Zuckerberg needs no introduction these days, what with all the magazine covers and morning news shows. My mother knows who he is now, and my mother can hardly turn on a computer.” – Kara Swisher
38. “I’m not sure that teaching a Core course is necessarily the best introduction to teaching.”-Lauren Willig
39. “The advent of ebooks is no more going to kill the pleasure of reading than the introduction of the internal combustion engine made horses extinct.” – Michael A. Stackpole
40. “My first introduction to pop music was probably the Osmonds, the Jackson 5, the BeeGees… Then the Beatles eventually. My father was pretty specific about what we listened to early on.” – Nick Jonas
41. “The introduction of new technology is always disruptive to existing markets, particularly to content/copyright owners who sell through well-established distribution channels.” – Steve Blank
42. “The 21st century is dominated by networks because the introduction of the information age, we can suddenly create, free flow these globally distributed, organic, shaped networks of individuals.” – Chris Fussell
43. “At 16 years old, I was signed to my very first modeling agency. That was my first real introduction to the entertainment industry. It really opened my eyes to a world that was available to me.” – Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman
44. “I was three or four, and my mother would have a Bing Crosby record playing through the house. It was my introduction to jazz, harmonies, melodies, musicianship, and emotion.”-Michael Buble
45. “When I was little, my dad showed me N.E.R.D., their first album, and I thought it was amazing. I thought Pharrell was just killing everything. That was my first introduction to rap.” – Lil Xan
46. “I like Meek Mill a lot. I listen to ‘Dreams & Nightmares’ introduction a lot. I always act crazy when the beat drops.” – Joel Embiid
47. “All of my football, even my introduction, even my coaches, most of them came from Europe, particularly England. So pretty much my whole footballing education and introduction was through English football.” – Tobin Heath
48. “I realized early on that my fans are pretty young. ‘My Story’ is quite a young song and I think it’s a good introduction because I have something to grow from.” – Loren Gray
49. “The ‘Black Album’ was my real first introduction to Metallica. I was, like, 12 or 13 at the time. We were just getting into music, and I liked that album a lot, but it didn’t necessarily change my life. But when I started picking up all the other Metallica records, ‘Master of Puppets’ was the one to me that stuck out with its songwriting.” – M. Shadows
50. “Less depends upon the choice of words than upon this, that their introduction shall be justified by pregnant theorems.” – Carl Friedrich Gauss
Thought Provoking Introduction Quotes
51. “The wearer of smiles and the bearer of a kindly disposition needs no introduction, but is welcome anywhere.” — Orison Swett Marden
52. “So perhaps the best thing to do is to stop writing Introductions and get on with the book.” — A. A. Milne
53. “I remember my mom had a big collection of copies of Saturday Evening Post magazines, and that was really my introduction to those great illustrators.” — Thomas Kinkade
54. “The best security against revolution is in constant correction of abuses and the introduction of needed improvements. It is the neglect of timely repair that makes rebuilding necessary.” — Richard Whately
55. “A great introduction to cultures is their cuisine. It not only reflects their evolution, but also their beliefs and traditions.” — Vikas Khanna
56. “You don’t need an introduction to succeed in life. You need to have good work. Work hard. Believe in yourself.” — Oscar de la Renta
57. “One of the best introductions to the history and ideas of Calvinism, packed with insight and wisdom.” — Alister E. McGrath
58. “One can begin so many things with a new person! – even begin to be a better man.” ― George Eliot
59. “Innovation is the market introduction of a technical or organisational novelty, not just its invention.” — Joseph A. Schumpeter
60. “Each of the ten thousand states of mind presents you with a different view of essence and experience.” — Frederick Lenz
What did you learn from these introduction quotes?
Many of us have a tendency to overthink things.
Some of us are so concerned about being perceived or misperceived by others that we put a tremendous amount of pressure on ourselves.
This can impact how we introduce ourselves.
Whether you are writing an essay, meeting someone for the first time or addressing an audience, there are some general rules you can follow to make for pleasant and memorable introductions.
There may not be one “best” way to introduce yourself or start a speech, but there are some things you can do to help yourself.
Overall a good introduction should serve several functions.
Things such as remembering your audience, gaining their interest, stating your intent, and establishing credibility are all excellent ways to start a new dialogue, address a crowd or meet someone new.
Introductions are an essential part of life, they mark the beginning of new relationships, journeys and experiences.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these introduction quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other thoughtful quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
September 20, 2022 7:00 AM EST