Welcome Quotes For Greeting Friends, Guests, and Challenges In Life
April 8, 2023 5:00 AM EST
These welcome quotes will give you some great ideas for a welcoming sign in your guest room or help inspire you to be thankful for challenges and other things you have in your life.
There are many ways to welcome people.
Share your favorite welcome quote with us in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
A survey conducted by YouGov found that over 90% of Americans believe that it is important to greet others with a friendly hello.
This suggests that greetings are valued and appreciated in American culture.
What are the benefits of reading these welcome quotes?
The greeting you choose will probably depend on how well you know the person, your cultural background, and how social you are.
Since the word welcome means to greet someone, we typically use the word for other situations or things we might greet in life.
For instance, people can welcome challenges in their lives because they have a perspective that situations are meant as an opportunity for them to grow.
These welcome quotes will help you understand how greetings vary depending on the culture.
Just how do people greet:
- Loved ones
Well, in America, you might hug a friend or loved one.
However, it is unlikely that you would hug a stranger.
Even if you are a “hugger,” the stranger might not like that, and we place a great deal on personal space and consent before randomly hugging people.
We typically shake hands with or fist bump strangers.
However, in France and other European countries, it is customary to kiss a person’s cheeks to welcome them, even if you don’t know them.
In America, we might also wave at people, but in Japan, that gesture means “No,” “Not me,” or “No way!”
Japanese people are likely to greet people with a formal verbal greeting and a bow.
Now that you know a little more about how people welcome others keep reading through these welcome quotes for tips on welcoming guests or challenges.
Don’t forget to also check out these goodbye quotes for those who admire a beautiful farewell.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Inspirational welcome quotes on why we should welcome challenges
According to a study published in the Journal of Positive Psychology, practicing gratitude and expressing appreciation can lead to increased feelings of happiness and well-being.
Welcome quotes expressing gratitude and appreciation for others can be a powerful tool for promoting positive emotions.
1. “Welcome out of the cave, my friend. It’s a bit colder out here, but the stars are just beautiful.” — Plato
You will also enjoy our article on new friends quotes.
2. “Welcome home to my native place bent upon returning bosom all day burning.” — Thomas Hardy
You will also enjoy our article on home quotes.
3. “Welcome home my dear, you are arrived.” — Elton John
You will also enjoy our article on love of my life quotes.
4. “All strange and terrible events are welcome, but comforts we despise.” — Cleopatra
You will also enjoy our article on October quotes.
5. “Sometimes the hurdles aren’t really hurdles at all. They’re welcome challenges, tests.” — Paul Walker
You will also enjoy our article on community quotes.
6. “Sometimes, challenges and struggles are exactly what we need in our lives…May you welcome every effort, every struggle, and every challenge…May you open your wings and fly!” — Miranda Kerr
You will also enjoy our article on challenge quotes.
7. “Welcome the challenges. Look for the opportunities in every situation to learn and grow in wisdom.” — Brian Tracy
You will also enjoy our article on beautiful smile quotes.
8. “Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear, and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.” — Che Guevara
You will also enjoy our article on Sunday quotes.
9. “We must welcome the future, remembering that soon it will be the past; and we must respect the past, remembering that it was once all that was humanly possible.” — George Santayana
You might also like these introduction quotes about the possibilities of something new.
Great welcome home quotes
A survey conducted by the University of Michigan found that a welcoming environment can lead to increased feelings of belonging and connection, especially for individuals from marginalized or underrepresented groups.
Welcoming quotes can help to create a sense of inclusivity and belonging for all individuals.
10. “Whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.” — J. K. Rowling
You will also enjoy our article on September quotes.
11. “We should strive to welcome change and challenges because they are what help us grow. Without them, we grow weak like the Eloi in comfort and security. We need to constantly be challenging ourselves in order to strengthen our character and increase our intelligence.” — H. G. Wells
You will also enjoy our article on happy Friday quotes.
12. “Welcome those big, sticky, complicated problems. In them are your most powerful opportunities.” — Ralph Marston
You will also enjoy our article on January quotes.
13. “For each and all I bid thee a grateful welcome home.” — John Greenleaf Whittier
You will also enjoy our article on revenge quotes.
14. “Though few understand it a life heaven loaned to be welcomed back home.” — Kurt Philip Behm
You will also enjoy our article on Cleopatra quotes.
15. “Yes I’ll come to get you, and I will bring you home. I’ll come to get you, and I will bring you home. I’ll come to get you, and I’ll say: Welcome home.” — Tegan Quin
16. “I’m always traveling and spend a lot of time in airports so I know what it feels like to get a personal welcome home. I wish I got more of them.” — Ben Eine
17. “Now that you are back, the steely cold walls of our house will finally feel like the warm and loving walls of a home. Welcome home, dear.” — Unknown
18. “Un-thread the rude eye of rebellion and welcome home again discarded faith.” — William Shakespeare
Positivity welcome quotes for things in our life
According to a survey conducted by WelcomeGate in 2021, 87% of respondents reported feeling appreciated when welcomed warmly, while 70% said it positively affected their overall experience.
This statistic highlights the importance of starting off on the right foot and the positive impact a warm welcome can have on a person’s perception of an experience.
19. “Sunshine is a welcome thing. It brings a lot of brightness.” — Jimmie Davis
20. “Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast.” — William Shakespeare
21. “A smile is the universal welcome.” — Max Eastman
22. “Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air, and you.” — Langston Hughes
23. “Kindness is always fashionable, and always welcome.” — Amelia Barr
24. “The poor dog, in life the firmest friend, The first to welcome, foremost to defend.” — Lord Byron
25. “Welcome the present moment as if you had invited it. Why? Because it is all we ever have.” — Pema Chodron
26. “There is little in life so reassuring as a genuine welcome.” — Robin Hobb
27. “Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your Creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter.” — Og Mandino
28. “Welcome all experiences. You never know which one is gong to turn everything on.” —Jim Rohn
29. “A smile is the universal welcome.” — Max Eastman
30. “No one is perfect, and criticism is always welcome and expected.” — Amitabh Bachchan
31. “Welcome to the present moment. Here. Now. The only moment there ever is.” — Eckhart Tolle
32. “The more we feel concern for others and seek their well-being, the more friends we will have and the more welcome we will feel.” — Dalai Lama
33. “If the sign on your heart says “WELCOME,” the love will come pouring in from everywhere.” — Susan Jeffers
34. “Listening is much more than allowing another to talk while waiting for a chance to respond. Listening is paying full attention to others and welcoming them into our very beings.” — Henry Nouwen
Poetic welcome quotes and words that will make you feel warm and fuzzy
A study by the University of Groningen found that greeting someone with a smile and a friendly tone not only creates a positive first impression but also helps to establish rapport and trust.
This reinforces the idea that a warm welcome can set the tone for a positive interaction or relationship.
35. “The soul should always stand ajar, ready to welcome the ecstatic experience.” — Emily Dickinson
36. “You are as welcome as the flowers in May.” — Charles Macklin
37. “The wearer of smiles and the bearer of a kindly disposition needs no introduction, but is welcome anywhere.” — Orison Swett Marden
38. “Welcome ever smiles, and farewell goes out sighing.” — William Shakespeare
39. “Welcome every experience the looms of fate may weave for you.” — Marcus Aurelius
40. “Kind voices bade him turn and rest and gentle faces welcomed him.” — William Makepeace Thackeray
41. “Extend your arms in welcome to the future. The best is yet to come!” — Anthony de Mello
42. “To be welcomed and what an experience is the flow of its air.” — Liam Ó Comain
Welcome quotes for guests
A study by Cornell University found that people who receive personalized greetings are more likely to return to a business or establishment.
This highlights the importance of tailoring a greeting to the individual and making them feel seen and valued.
43. “There is no friend like an old friend who has shared our morning days, no greeting like his welcome, no homage like his praise.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
44. “Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
45. “So, you are very welcome to our house. It must appear in other ways than words, Therefore, I scant this breathing courtesy.” — William Shakespeare
46. “Once again… welcome to my house. Come freely. Go safely, and leave something of the happiness you bring.” — Bram Stoker
47. “Good company, good wine, good welcome, can make good people.” — William Shakespeare
48. “A table full of welcome!” — William Shakespeare
49. “When we are generous in welcoming people and sharing something with them some food, a place in our homes, our time-not only do we no longer remain poor: we are enriched.” — Pope Francis
50. “Every house was an inn where all were welcomed and feasted.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Welcome Quotes that will Make Your Day
A study by the University of Kent found that even small acts of kindness, such as a welcoming smile or gesture, can have a significant impact on an individual’s mood and well-being.
This statistic can help reinforce the message of your article about the power of small acts of kindness and how they can make a big difference.
51. “We are made for goodness. We are made for love…We are made for all of the beautiful things that you and I know. We are made to tell the world that there are no outsiders…all are welcome.” – Desmond Tutu
52. “Welcome to those who believe in the power of dreams and who would like to join me in my exploration of life.” – Bertrand Piccard
53. “One of the marvelous things about community is that it enables us to welcome and help people in a way we couldn’t as individuals.” – Jean Vanier
54. “Giving encouragement to others is a most welcome gift… ” – Florence Littauer
55. “I will always welcome joyfully any opportunity that comes my way to be of service to you. ” – Vincent de Paul
56. “Listening is paying full attention to others and welcoming them into our very beings. The beauty of listening is that those who are listened to start feeling accepted.” – Henri Nouwen
57. “Joy waits on welcome, not time.” – Robert Holden
58. “Embrace the truth. Speak the truth. Be the truth. When we welcome the truth, we live our lives like it’s golden.” – Iyanla Vanzant
59. “If you’ve ever been homesick, or felt exiled from all the things and people that once defined you, you’ll know how important welcoming words and friendly smiles can be.” – Stephen King
60. “There’s no substitute for a great love who says, ‘No matter what’s wrong with you, you’re welcome at this table.'” – Tom Hanks
Amazing Welcome Quotes For Your Close Friends
A survey by the Harvard Business Review found that employees who feel welcomed into a new workplace are more likely to feel engaged, committed, and productive.
This statistic can help highlight the importance of creating welcoming work environments and the potential benefits to both employees and employers.
61. “To all my friends without distinction I am ready to display my opulence: come one, come all; and whosoever likes to take a share is welcome to the wealth that lies within my soul.” — Antisthenes
62. “You are a good friend and we welcome you.” — Condoleezza Rice
63. “My friends, welcome to the other side of the rainbow.” — Ed Murray
64. “I welcome you to the community of people who have decided that EASY will no longer suffice!” — Mark Rippetoe
65. “I’m a problem-solver, and you’re welcome.” — Ann Coulter
66. “Welcome, my old friend, Welcome to a foreign fireside.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
67. “O bluebird, welcome back again, Thy azure coat and ruddy vest, Are hues that April loveth best.” — John Burroughs
68. “That rich guy you’ve been seeing, must have put you down. Welcome back baby, to the poor side of town.” — Johnny Ramistella
69. “Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends. We’re so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
70. “Welcome back, my cheeky wee monkeys.” — Craig Ferguson
Welcome Quotes For Crucial Moments
According to research from the University of Texas at Austin, using a personalized approach to welcoming others can increase feelings of connectedness and rapport.
This statistic can help provide guidance on how to create welcoming interactions that are more likely to have a positive impact.
71. “Welcome to my house! Enter freely. Go safely, and leave something of the happiness you bring!” — Dracula
72. “I welcome all creatures of the world with grace.” — Hildegard of Bingen
73. “Wherever I am, you are always welcome.” ― Claire Kann
74. “I welcome all creatures of the world with grace.” — Hildegard of Bingen
75. “None of you has ever failed. School may have failed you. Goodbye to failure, children. Welcome to success.” — Marva Collins
76. “Welcome to the free world. We give people the power to choose. They can even choose the wrong thing. Beautiful, isn’t it?” — Lauren Oliver
77. “You’re as welcome as the flowers in May and we love you in the same old way.” — Hank Snow
78. “Welcome to the figurative world of poetry where nothing is ‘real,’ but everything matters.” — Laurence Overmire
79. “Welcome to a new era of marketing and service in which your brand is defined by those who experience it.” — Brian Solis
80. “Welcome back, my friends, to the show that never ends. We’re so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Welcome Quotes To Make You Feel Comfortable
81. “Welcome to the island of misfit toys.” ― Stephen Chbosky
82. “Talented men are not threatened by talented women. They welcome them. And same way with real men.” ― Amy Poehler
83. “Time slows down. Self vanishes. Action and Awareness merge. Welcome to Flow.” ― Steven Kotler
84. “Being in Portland is cool. I have some good friends here and the general feeling might be a little more welcoming.” ― Robin Pecknold
85. “I would heartily welcome the union of East and West provided it is not based on brute force.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
86. “You must welcome tests because it gives you confidence and it ensures promotion.” ― Sathya Sai Baba
87. “Temporary release from work, through vacations, becomes more welcome, more pleasurable, even more necessary, as we grow older.” ― B. C. Forbes
88. “We must welcome the night. It’s the only time that the stars shine.” ― Michel Quoist
89. “Anyone who takes responsibility for getting something done is welcome to ask for the authority to do it.” ― Seth
90. “All living souls welcome whatever they are ready to cope with; all else they ignore, or pronounce to be monstrous and wrong, or deny to be possible.” ― George Santayana
Many of these welcome quotes about how to welcome guests would make great little decorative signs for a guest room.
If you have a playful, and slightly cynical sense of humor, your guests might appreciate this quote from Elton John, “Welcome to the world of bullshit, my dear. You have arrived.”
If that isn’t your style, there are plenty of heartfelt greetings for guests that you could use instead.
The welcome quotes about welcoming tough situations in our lives might inspire you to change your perspective on things we see as hard.
By greeting these things in a welcoming way, you can help build your resilience and perseverance skills.
Both skills are crucial to overall happiness because life will always face some kind of challenge.
That’s pretty much inevitable.
How we choose to respond to those is about the only thing we can control.
Which of these welcome quotes and sayings inspired you the most?
You can share your thoughts in the comment section below.