These welcome quotes will give you some great ideas for a welcoming sign in your guest room, or help inspire you to be thankful for challenges and other things you have in your life.
There are many different ways to welcome people. The one you choose will likely depend on how well you know the person, your cultural background, and how social you are.
Since the word welcome means to greet someone, we typically use the word for other situations or things we might greet in life. For instance, people can welcome challenges in their lives because they have a perspective that situations are meant as an opportunity for them to grow.
Just how do people greet friends, loved ones, and strangers? Well, in America, you might hug a friend or loved one, however, it is unlikely that you would hug a stranger. Even if you are a “hugger,” the stranger might not like that, and we place a great deal on personal space and consent before randomly hugging people. We typically shake hands with or fist bump strangers.
However, in France, and other European countries it is customary to kiss both cheeks of a person to welcome them, even if you don’t know them.
In America, we might also wave at people, but in Japan, that gesture means “No,” “Not me,” or “No way!” Japanese people are likely to greet people with a formal verbal greeting and a bow.
Now that you know a little more about how people welcome others, keep reading through these welcome quotes for tips on welcoming guests or challenges.
Don’t forget to also check out these goodbye quotes for those who admire a beautiful farewell.
Inspirational welcome quotes on why we should welcome challenges
1. “Welcome the challenges. Look for the opportunities in every situation to learn and grow in wisdom.” — Brian Tracy
2. “Welcome those big, sticky, complicated problems. In them are your most powerful opportunities.” — Ralph Marston
3. “We should strive to welcome change and challenges because they are what help us grow. Without them, we grow weak like the Eloi in comfort and security. We need to constantly be challenging ourselves in order to strengthen our character and increase our intelligence.” —H. G. Wells
4. “Sometimes, challenges and struggles are exactly what we need in our lives…May you welcome every effort, every struggle, and every challenge…May you open your wings and fly!” — Miranda Kerr
5. “Sometimes the hurdles aren’t really hurdles at all. They’re welcome challenges, tests.” — Paul Walker
6. “All strange and terrible events are welcome, but comforts we despise.” — Cleopatra
7. “Welcome out of the cave, my friend. It’s a bit colder out here, but the stars are just beautiful.” —Plato
8. “Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.” — Che Guevara
9. “We must welcome the future, remembering that soon it will be the past; and we must respect the past, remembering that it was once all that was humanly possible.” — George Santayana
Great welcome home quotes
10. “Whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.” — J. K. Rowling
11. “Welcome home my dear, you are arrived.” — Elton John
12. “Welcome home to my native place bent upon returning bosom all day burning.” — Thomas Hardy
13. “For each and all I bid thee a grateful welcome home.” — John Greenleaf Whittier
14. “Though few understand it a life heaven loaned to be welcomed back home.” — Kurt Philip Behm
15. “Yes I’ll come to get you, and I will bring you home. I’ll come to get you, and I will bring you home. I’ll come to get you, and I’ll say: Welcome home.” — Tegan Quin
16. “I’m always traveling and spend a lot of time in airports so I know what it feels like to get a personal welcome home. I wish I got more of them.” — Ben Eine
17. “Now that you are back, the steely cold walls of our house will finally feel like the warm and loving walls of a home. Welcome home, dear.” — Unknown
18. “Un-thread the rude eye of rebellion and welcome home again discarded faith.” — William Shakespeare
Positivity welcome quotes for things in our life
19. “Sunshine is a welcome thing. It brings a lot of brightness.” — Jimmie Davis
20. “Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast.” — William Shakespeare
21. “A smile is the universal welcome.” — Max Eastman
22. “Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air, and you.” — Langston Hughes
23. “Kindness is always fashionable, and always welcome.” — Amelia Barr
24. “The poor dog, in life the firmest friend, The first to welcome, foremost to defend.” — Lord Byron
25. “Welcome the present moment as if you had invited it. Why? Because it is all we ever have.” — Pema Chodron
26. “There is little in life so reassuring as a genuine welcome.” — Robin Hobb
27. “Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your Creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter.” — Og Mandino
28. “Welcome all experiences. You never know which one is gong to turn everything on.” —Jim Rohn
29. “A smile is the universal welcome.” — Max Eastman
30. “No one is perfect, and criticism is always welcome and expected.” — Amitabh Bachchan
31. “Welcome to the present moment. Here. Now. The only moment there ever is.” — Eckhart Tolle
32. “The more we feel concern for others and seek their well-being, the more friends we will have and the more welcome we will feel.” — Dalai Lama
33. “If the sign on your heart says “WELCOME”, the love will come pouring in from everywhere.” — Susan Jeffers
34. “Listening is much more than allowing another to talk while waiting for a chance to respond. Listening is paying full attention to others and welcoming them into our very beings.” — Henry Nouwen
Poetic welcome quotes and words that will make you feel warm and fuzzy
35. “The soul should always stand ajar, ready to welcome the ecstatic experience.” — Emily Dickinson
36. “You are as welcome as the flowers in May.” — Charles Macklin
37. “The wearer of smiles and the bearer of a kindly disposition needs no introduction, but is welcome anywhere.” — Orison Swett Marden
38. “Welcome ever smiles, and farewell goes out sighing.” — William Shakespeare
39. “Welcome every experience the looms of fate may weave for you.” — Marcus Aurelius
40. “Kind voices bade him turn and rest and gentle faces welcomed him.” — William Makepeace Thackeray
41. “Extend your arms in welcome to the future. The best is yet to come!” — Anthony de Mello
42. “To be welcomed and what an experience is the flow of its air.” — Liam Ó Comain
Welcome quotes for guests
43. “There is no friend like an old friend who has shared our morning days, no greeting like his welcome, no homage like his praise.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
44. “Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
45. “So, you are very welcome to our house. It must appear in other ways than words, Therefore, I scant this breathing courtesy.” — William Shakespeare
46. “Once again…welcome to my house. Come freely. Go safely, and leave something of the happiness you bring.” — Bram Stoker
47. “Good company, good wine, good welcome, can make good people.” — William Shakespeare
48. “A table full of welcome!” — William Shakespeare
49. “When we are generous in welcoming people and sharing something with them some food, a place in our homes, our time-not only do we no longer remain poor: we are enriched.” — Pope Francis
50. “Every house was an inn where all were welcomed and feasted.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
More welcome quotes and sayings
Many of these welcome quotes about how to welcome guests would make great little decorative signs for a guest room. If you have a playful, and slightly cynical sense of humor, your guests might appreciate this quote from Elton John, “Welcome to the world of bullshit, my dear. You have arrived.” If that isn’t your style, there are plenty of heartfelt greetings for guests that you could use instead.
The welcome quotes about welcoming tough situations in our lives might inspire you to change your perspective on things we see as hard. By greeting these things in a welcoming way you can help build your resilience and perseverance skills.
Both of these skills are crucial to overall happiness because life is always going to have some kind of challenge to face, that’s pretty much inevitable. How we choose to respond to those is about the only thing we can control.
Which of these welcome quotes and sayings inspired you the most? You can share your thoughts in the comment section below.
June 25, 2021 7:00 AM EST