Sometimes the best friends we make are those we make as adults, and let these new friend quotes remind you of just that.
The friends we make in our adulthood can form an important part of our lives. Good friends improve our social life, emotional health, and overall well-being. They can bring out the best in us, help us weather lonely times and add to the fullness of life.
While developing and maintaining friendships takes time and effort, a true friend bears witness to whatever happens to you and may even inspire you in a way you never imagined you could be.
Though life gets a little more complicated when you’re an adult, you should make a point of connecting with new people. Show an interest in other people and try to open yourself up to new experiences. If you’ve made lasting friendships as an adult, celebrate that with these new friend quotes.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise and beautiful new friends quotes, new friends sayings, and new friends proverbs, collected from a variety of sources. Enjoy!
New friends quotes celebrating our ability to make adult friends
1. “I love meeting new people; I think everyone has a story to tell. We should all listen sometimes.” – Kim Smith
2. “Each new friendship can make you a new person because it opens up new doors inside of you.” – Kate DiCamillo
3. “Getting to know new people and gaining new friends is one of life’s greatest pleasures. So conquer your fears and get out there.” – Tony Clark
4. “The great thing about new friends is that they bring new energy to your soul.” – Shanna Rodriguez
5. “Since there is nothing so well worth having as friends, never lose a chance to make them.” – Francesco Guicciardini
6. “We are partners by fate. We become friends by choice.” – Jacquie McTaggart
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of fate quotes that will remind you to take each day one at a time.
7. “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” – Anais Nin
8. “A friend is the hope of the heart.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. “I love making new friends and I respect people for a lot of different reasons.” – Taylor Swift
New friends quotes that will inspire you to make meaningful connections
11. “Be genuinely interested in everyone you meet and everyone you meet will be genuinely interested in you” ― Rasheed Ogunlaru
12. “Every new friend is a new adventure… the start of more memories.” – Patrick Lindsay
13. “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” – Dale Carnegie
14. “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” – David Tyson
15. “I’ve kept most of my friends for decades, and I continue to make new friends.” – John Grant
16. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Walter Winchell
17. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” – Muhammad Ali
18. “Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.” – Anais Nin
19. “Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend – or a meaningful day.” – Dalai Lama
20. “There’s not a word yet for old friends who’ve just met.” – Jim Henson
New friends quotes to help you develop and nurture friendships
21. “To be a friend means encouraging strengths in others and accepting their weaknesses; in other words, accepting them for who they are.” – Catherine Pulsifer
22. “Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.” – Elie Wiesel
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our selection of friendship quotes celebrating life-long relationships.
23. “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” – Anais Nin
24. “We need old friends to help us grow old and new friends to help us stay young.” – Letty Cottin Pogrebin
25. “What draws people to be friends is that they see the same truth. They share it.” – C. S. Lewis
26. “Every person is a new door to a different world.” – Six Degrees of Separation
27. “Blessed are they who have the gift of making friends, for it is one of God’s best gifts. It involves many things, but above all, the power of going out of one’s self, and appreciating whatever is noble and loving in another.” – Thomas Hughes
28. “Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.” – Socrates
29. “Everyone you meet knows something you don’t know but need to know. Learn from them.” – C.G. Jung
30. “Yeah, I love doing ensemble pieces. You get to meet so many new people and make new friends.” – Devon Sawa
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like our collection of happy birthday quotes and wishes for your best friend.
New friends quotes on developing quality connections
31. “Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit.” – Aristotle
32. “Aaah, summer – that long-anticipated stretch of lazy, lingering days, free of responsibility and rife with possibility. It’s a time to hunt for insects, master handstands, practice swimming strokes, conquer trees, explore nooks and crannies, and make new friends.” – Darell Hammond
33. “Some souls just understand each other upon meeting.”- N. R. Hart
34. “Make new friends, but keep the old; Those are silver, these are gold.” – Joseph Parry
35. “To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.” – Brandi Snyder
36. “Depth of friendship does not depend on length of acquaintance. “ – Rabindranath Tagore
37. “If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re very scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.” – Zig Ziglar
38. “You can find tranquility, you can find party, you can find new friends. I’m a cruise convert. “ – Guy Fieri
39. “Friendship is the shadow of the evening, which strengthens with the setting sun of life.” – Jean de La Fontaine
40. “Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.” – Flavia Weedn
New friends quotes to elevate your perspective
41. “Over the years, Forgotten Realms and gaming have taken me all over the world and made me all sorts of new friends.” – Ed Greenwood
42. “New friends can often have a better time together than old friends.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
43. “Fortify yourself with a flock of friends! There is always at least one who will understand, inspire, and give you the lift you may need at the time.” – George Matthew Adams
44. “A friend is a priceless gem for the crown of life here and a cherished star in memory forever.” – Cyrus S. Nusbaum
45. “I felt it shelter to speak to you.” – Emily Dickinson
46. “I meet people and they become chapters in my stories.” ― Avijeet Das
47. “When I’m traveling, I always look for a dance studio. It’s a great workout and a wonderful way to meet new friends in the community.” – Rachel Boston
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of community quotes about the power of connecting with others.
48. “What I love the most about being a pro fighter is meeting the people. You get to meet all the fans and new friends that you get to meet up with all the time.” – Sage Northcutt
49. “Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up.” –Thomas J. Watson
50. “People are guests in our story, the same way we are guests in theirs. But we all meet each other for a reason because every person is a personal lesson waiting to be told.” ― Lauren Klarfeld
New friends quotes that will make your day
51. “All true friendliness begins with fire and food and drink and the recognition of rain or frost.” – G.K. Chesterton
52. “Friends should be like books, few, but hand-selected.”― C. J. Langenhoven
53. “As a young boy in a new country, you had to make new friends, and that was really difficult.” – Victor Moses
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of boyfriend quotes that will give you butterflies.
54. “A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.” – Markus Zusak
55. “The better part of one’s life consists of his friendships.”― Abraham Lincoln
56. “You meet people who forget you. You forget people you meet. But sometimes you meet those people you can’t forget. Those are your friends.”
57. “The only true test of friendship is the time your friend spends on you.”
― John Marsden
58. “We didn’t realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun.” – Unknown
59. “The friends you make in college are friends you’ll have for life, even if you don’t talk for years at a time.”― Jessica Park
60. “It is not so much our friends’ help that helps us as the confident knowledge that they will help us.”― Epicurus
Other inspirational new friends quotes
61. “By chance we met, by choice we become friend.”― Millie
62. “Laughter is not at all a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is far the best ending for one.” – Oscar Wilde
63. “You know a real friend? Someone you know will look after your cat after you are gone.”― William S. Burroughs
64. “When you choose your friends, don’t be short-changed by choosing personality over character.” – W. Somerset Maugham
65. “There can be no friendship without confidence, and no confidence without integrity.”― Samuel Johnson
66. “The kindest way of helping yourself is to find a friend.” – Ann Kaiser Stearns
67. “Friends… they cherish one another’s hopes. They are kind to one another’s dreams.”― Henry David Thoreau
68. “Without friends, no one would want to live, even if he had all other goods.”― Aristotle
69. “My friends are everything without me but I am nothing without my friends.”― Santosh Kalwar
70. “True friends will always push you towards the great possibilities of your future, false friends will always chain you to the mistakes in your past.”― Seth Brown
More new friends quotes and sayings
71. “Trust is hard to come by. That’s why my circle is small and tight. I’m kind of funny about making new friends.” – Eminem
72. “When most people set out to change their lives, they often focus on all the external stuff, like a new job or a new location or new friends or new romantic prospects and on and on. The reality is that changing your life starts with changing the way you see everything in your life.” – Mark Manson
73. “People are goofy about the movie business, so you end up counting on friends you knew before you were successful. It is harder to make new friends because you are a little more cautious.” – Michael Douglas
74. “A shared cup of laughter, dear Reader, is the sunbeam that causes the flower of friendship to open its petals and peep out.” ― Millie Florence
75. “A friend who turned into an enemy thinks of you more than a friend who turned into just an acquaintance.” – Amit Kalantri
76. “Friendships unfold gradually as women share intimacies with one another- this takes time. You need to be willing to let your friends know the real you, but you don’t want to spill your guts out the first time you’re out to lunch.” ― Irene S. Levine
77. “If you can’t find good friends to surround yourself with, then by all means be on your own. Bad friends corrupt good minds.” ― Edmond Mbiaka
78. “Two kinds of people have many friends, one with bank balance and other with boldness.” ― Amit Kalantri
79. “Laugh, and the world longs to be your friend.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
80. “When it comes to making friends, it is never about how many that you have, but about the kind of energy that they bring. Please choose wisely.” ― Edmond Mbiaka
Which of these new friends quotes was your favorite?
Although finding the time to meet new friends as an adult can be a struggle, you should make an effort to connect with other people. When you show genuine interest in knowing other people, they’ll like you for it.
Good friends are good for your happiness and well-being. They add to the fullness of life. Hopefully, the quotes above will help you celebrate the people you’ve loved, and the ones you haven’t even met yet.
Did you enjoy these new friends quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.
March 19, 2021 6:00 AM EST