Sometimes the best friends we make are those we make as adults; let these new friend quotes remind you of that.
The friends we make in adulthood can form an important part of our lives.
Let us know your favorite new friend quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these new friend quotes?
While developing and maintaining friendships takes time and effort, a true friend bears witness to whatever happens to you and may even inspire you in a way you never imagined you could be.
Good friends improve:
- Our social life
- Emotional health
- Overall well-being
They can bring out the best in us, help us weather lonely times, and add to the fullness of life.
Though life gets a little more complicated when you’re an adult, you should still connect with new people.
Show an interest in other people and try to open yourself up to new experiences.
If you’ve made lasting friendships as an adult, celebrate that with these new friend quotes.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and beautiful new friends quotes, new friends’ sayings, and new friends’ proverbs, collected from various sources.
New friends quotes celebrating our ability to make adult friends
1. “The great thing about new friends is that they bring new energy to your soul.” – Shanna Rodriguez
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about new beginnings.
2. “I’ve kept most of my friends for decades, and I continue to make new friends.” – John Grant
3. “We need old friends to help us grow old and new friends to help us stay young.” – Letty Cottin Pogrebin
You will also enjoy our article on funny friendship quotes.
4. “To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.” – Brandi Snyder
You will also enjoy our article on missing friends quotes.
5. “I meet people and they become chapters in my stories.” ― Avijeet Das
6. “Since there is nothing so well worth having as friends, never lose a chance to make them.” – Francesco Guicciardini
You will also enjoy our article on brotherhood quotes.
7. “We are partners by fate. We become friends by choice.” – Jacquie McTaggart
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of fate quotes that will remind you to take each day one at a time.
8. “A friend is the hope of the heart.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. “I love making new friends and I respect people for a lot of different reasons.” – Taylor Swift
10. “Every new friend is a new adventure… the start of more memories.” – Patrick Lindsay
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Instagram Bio quotes that define the real you.
New friends quotes that will inspire you to make meaningful connections
11. “There can be no friendship without confidence, and no confidence without integrity.”― Samuel Johnson
12. “The kindest way of helping yourself is to find a friend.” – Ann Kaiser Stearns
13. “Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.” — G. Randolf
14. “Without friends, no one would want to live, even if he had all other goods.”― Aristotle
You will also enjoy our article on gamer quotes.
15. “My friends are everything without me but I am nothing without my friends.”― Santosh Kalwar
You will also enjoy our article on introduction quotes.
16. “A friend is what the heart needs all the time.” – Henry van Dyke
You will also enjoy our article on college quotes.
17. “By chance we met, by choice we become friend.”― Millie
18. “Laughter is not at all a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is far the best ending for one.” – Oscar Wilde
19. “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” – David Tyson
20. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Walter Winchell
You might also like these fake friends quotes that will give you perspective on the difference between those who are real and those who aren’t.
New friends quotes to help you develop and nurture friendships
21. “A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.” – Markus Zusak
22. Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.” – Khalil Gibran
23. “The only true test of friendship is the time your friend spends on you.”― John Marsden
24. “When the world is so complicated, the simple gift of friendship is within all of our hands.”— Maria Shriver
25. “What draws people to be friends is that they see the same truth. They share it.” – C. S. Lewis
26. “Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.” – Socrates
27. “A friend is someone who makes it easy to believe in yourself.” – Heidi Wills
28. “Every person is a new door to a different world.” – Six Degrees of Separation
29. “Make new friends, but keep the old; Those are silver, these are gold.” – Joseph Parry
30. “Yeah, I love doing ensemble pieces. You get to meet so many new people and make new friends.” – Devon Sawa
New friends quotes on developing quality connections
31. “Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit.” – Aristotle
32. “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” — Amy Poehler
33. “Some souls just understand each other upon meeting.”- N. R. Hart
34. “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” – Anais Nin
35. “Getting to know new people and gaining new friends is one of life’s greatest pleasures. So conquer your fears and get out there.” – Tony Clark
36. “Depth of friendship does not depend on length of acquaintance. “ – Rabindranath Tagore
37. “If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re very scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.” – Zig Ziglar
38. “True friends are like diamonds—bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” – Nicole Richie
39. “Friendship is the shadow of the evening, which strengthens with the setting sun of life.” – Jean de La Fontaine
40. “Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.” – Flavia Weedn
New friends quotes to elevate your perspective
41. “Over the years, Forgotten Realms and gaming have taken me all over the world and made me all sorts of new friends.” – Ed Greenwood
42. “New friends can often have a better time together than old friends.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
43. “Fortify yourself with a flock of friends! There is always at least one who will understand, inspire, and give you the lift you may need at the time.” – George Matthew Adams
44. “A friend is a priceless gem for the crown of life here and a cherished star in memory forever.” – Cyrus S. Nusbaum
45. “A friend is one of the best things you can be and the greatest things you can have.” — Sarah Valdez
46. “Blessed are they who have the gift of making friends, for it is one of God’s best gifts. It involves many things, but above all, the power of going out of one’s self, and appreciating whatever is noble and loving in another.” – Thomas Hughes
47. “When I’m traveling, I always look for a dance studio. It’s a great workout and a wonderful way to meet new friends in the community.” – Rachel Boston
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of community quotes about the power of connecting with others.
48. “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
49. “Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up.” -Thomas J. Watson
50. “People are guests in our story, the same way we are guests in theirs. But we all meet each other for a reason because every person is a personal lesson waiting to be told.” ― Lauren Klarfeld
New friends quotes that will make your day
51. “All true friendliness begins with fire and food and drink and the recognition of rain or frost.” – G.K. Chesterton
52. “Friends should be like books, few, but hand-selected.”― C. J. Langenhoven
53. “As a young boy in a new country, you had to make new friends, and that was really difficult.” – Victor Moses
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of boyfriend quotes that will give you butterflies.
54. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” – Muhammad Ali
55. “Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.” – Anais Nin
56. “Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend – or a meaningful day.” – Dalai Lama
57. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” — Marcel Proust
58. “One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
59. “The friends you make in college are friends you’ll have for life, even if you don’t talk for years at a time.”― Jessica Park
60. “I knew when I met you an adventure was going to happen.” – Winnie The Pooh
Cute new friendship quotes
61. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” – C.S. Lewis
62. “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” – Dale Carnegie
63. “You know a real friend? Someone you know will look after your cat after you are gone.”― William S. Burroughs
64. “When you choose your friends, don’t be short-changed by choosing personality over character.” – W. Somerset Maugham
65. “Be genuinely interested in everyone you meet and everyone you meet will be genuinely interested in you” ― Rasheed Ogunlaru
66. “I love meeting new people; I think everyone has a story to tell. We should all listen sometimes.” – Kim Smith
67. “Each new friendship can make you a new person because it opens up new doors inside of you.” – Kate DiCamillo
68. “Every team you play for, you meet new friends.” ― Jonas Valanciunas
69. “To be a friend means encouraging strengths in others and accepting their weaknesses; in other words, accepting them for who they are.” – Catherine Pulsifer
70. “Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.” – Elie Wiesel
Making new friends quotes
71. “Trust is hard to come by. That’s why my circle is small and tight. I’m kind of funny about making new friends.” – Eminem
72. “When most people set out to change their lives, they often focus on all the external stuff, like a new job or a new location or new friends or new romantic prospects and on and on. The reality is that changing your life starts with changing the way you see everything in your life.” – Mark Manson
73. “People are goofy about the movie business, so you end up counting on friends you knew before you were successful. It is harder to make new friends because you are a little more cautious.” – Michael Douglas
74. “A shared cup of laughter, dear Reader, is the sunbeam that causes the flower of friendship to open its petals and peep out.” ― Millie Florence
75. “A friend who turned into an enemy thinks of you more than a friend who turned into just an acquaintance.” – Amit Kalantri
76. “Friendships unfold gradually as women share intimacies with one another- this takes time. You need to be willing to let your friends know the real you, but you don’t want to spill your guts out the first time you’re out to lunch.” ― Irene S. Levine
77. “If you can’t find good friends to surround yourself with, then by all means be on your own. Bad friends corrupt good minds.” ― Edmond Mbiaka
78. “Two kinds of people have many friends, one with bank balance and other with boldness.” ― Amit Kalantri
79. “Laugh, and the world longs to be your friend.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
80. “When it comes to making friends, it is never about how many that you have, but about the kind of energy that they bring. Please choose wisely.” ― Edmond Mbiaka
More new friends quotes and sayings
81. Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” – Woodrow Wilson
82. “We meet the people we’re supposed to when the time is just right.” – Alyson Noel
83. “We need not think alike to love alike.” – Francis David
84. “Friendship has always belonged to the core of my spiritual journey.” – Henri Nouwen
85. “Mingle often with good people to keep your soul nourished.” – Anthony Douglas Williams
86. “Value friendship for what there is in it, not for what can be gotten out of it.” – H. Clay Trumbull
87. “Strangers are just friends waiting to happen.” – Rod Mckuen
88. “My husband and I get along great. We’re both introverts, and it’s hard to make new friends.” ― S. E. Hinton
89. “Go out into the world today and love the people you meet. Let your presence light new light in the hearts of others.” – Mother Teresa
90. “Listen, learn, and grow. Maybe after this, you will have a new friend.” – Xin-An Lu
New friend quotes on what it actually means to make new and keep old relationships
“91. You can go through life and make new friends every year – every month practically – but there was never any substitute for those friendships of childhood that survive into adult years. Those are the ones in which we are bound to one another with hoops of steel.” – Alexander McCall Smith
92. “Each day holds a surprise. But only if we expect it can we see, hear, or feel it when it comes to us. Let’s not be afraid to receive each day’s surprise, whether it comes to us as sorrow or as joy It will open a new place in our hearts, a place where we can welcome new friends and celebrate more fully our shared humanity.” – Henri Nouwen
93. “It is always good to make new friends.” – Jose Feliciano
94. “Words are easy, like the wind; Faithful friends are hard to find.” – William Shakespeare
95. One of the principal functions of a friend is to suffer (in a milder and symbolic form) the punishments that we should like, but are unable, to inflict upon our enemies.” – Aldous Huxley
96. “I find friendship to be like wine, raw when new, ripened with age, the true old man’s milk and restorative cordial.” – Thomas Jefferson
97. “Friendship is so weird. You just pick a human you’ve met and you’re like, ‘Yep, I like this one,’ and you just do stuff with them.” – Bill Murray
98. “If a man does not make new acquaintances as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone. A man, sir, should keep his friendship in a constant repair.” – Samuel Johnson
99. “People who continue to nurture long-term and new friendships as they grow older are more likely to enjoy health and vitality.” – Deepak Chopra
100. “The good thing about being Dr. Frankenstein is that you can always make new friends.” – Aaron Allston
New Friends Quotes That Will Make Your Day
101. “Talk to strangers politely… Every friend you have now was once a stranger, although not every stranger becomes a friend.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
102. “Shyness makes strangers of people who could have been more than friends.” ― Amit Kalantri
103. “Nothing makes the earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance.” — Henry David Thoreau
104. “True friends are the people who brighten your smile every time your with them.” — Julia VeRost
105. “The language of friendship is not words , but rather meanings . It is an intelligence above language.” — Henry David Thoreau
106. “Friendship involves many things but, above all the power of going outside oneself and appreciating what is noble and loving in another.” — Thomas Huxley
107. “I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let’s face it, friends make life a lot more fun.” — Charles R. Swindoll
108. “A friend is, as it were, a second self.” — Cicero
109. “I might give my life for my friend, but he had better not ask me to do up a parcel.” — Logan Pearsall Smith
110. “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” — Linda Grayson
New Friends Quotes To Encourage You to Make and Build New Friendships
111. “I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
112. “I always like to know everything about my new friends, and nothing about my old ones.” — Oscar Wilde
113. “Knowing how to keep a friend is more important than gaining a new one.” — Baltasar Gracián
114. “It is the juvenile period of life when friendships are formed, and habits established, that will stick by one.” — George Washington
115. “New-made friendships, like new wine, age will mellow and refine.” — Joseph Parry
116. “Friends are the family you choose.” — Jess C. Scott
117. “The making of friends, who are real friends, is the best token we have of a man’s success in life.” — Edward Everett Hale
118. “He alone has lost the art to live who cannot win new friends.” — Silas Weir Mitchell
119. “Treat your friends as you do your pictures, and place them in their best light.” — Lady Randolph Churchill
120. “A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints.” — Wilfred Peterson
Meeting new friends quotes
121. “A friend may be waiting behind a stranger’s face.” ― Maya Angelou, Letter to My Daughter
122. “The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.” – Hubert H. Humphrey
123. “We must reach out our hand in friendship and dignity both to those who would befriend us and those who would be our enemy.” – Arthur Ashe
124. “Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
125. “You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” ― A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
126. “There are no rules for friendship. It must be left to itself. We cannot force it any more than love.” – William Hazlitt
127. “Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” ― Abraham Lincoln
128. “I used to go to sports camp every summer. I’d make a lot of new friends, and it was all athletic.” ― Matt Bomer
129. “There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.” ― John Holmes
130. “Friendship is the golden thread that ties the heart of all the world.” – John Evelyn
New Friends Quotes That Make You a Social Person
131. “It’s not too late to develop new friendships or reconnect with people.” ― Morrie Schwartz
132. “A man’s friendships are one of the best measures of his worth.” ― Charles Darwin
133. “He who does not see the whole world in his friends, does not deserve that the world should hear of him.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
134. “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
135. “If you’ve got a partner that’s supportive and you’re doing something you enjoy it doesn’t ever become a job or a burden. Its about community, new friendships, support mechanism.” ― Anita Roddick
136. “Yes’m, old friends is always best, ‘less you can catch a new one that’s fit to make an old one out of.” ― Sarah Orne Jewett
137. “Many a time from a bad beginning great friendships have sprung up.” ― Terence
138. “You can make a new friend but you can’t make an old one.” ― Tom Bodett
139. “Friendship is like money, easier made than kept.” ― Samuel Butler
140. “Friends—they cherish one another’s hopes. They are kind to one another’s dreams.” ― Henry David Thoreau
New Friends Quotes To Give You The Best Company
141. “To memorize a scripture is to forge a new friendship.” — Richard G. Scott
142. “I do have many of the same friends I grew up with. Most I’ve known since we were three or four years old! I have made new friends as well.” — Bella Thorne
143. “Making new friends is tough. You don’t really know who to trust when you’re away from people that you love a lot.” — Selena Gomez
144. “I go off into Dublin and two days later I’m spotted walking by the Liffey with a whole bunch of new friends.” — Ronnie Wood
145. “No matter what may be happening today, God has good things in store for your future! It may not be easy to see now, but God has already lined up a new beginning, new friendships and new opportunities for you.” — Joel Osteen
146. “I don’t have friends, and it’s hard for me to make new friends. Right now, the people that are in my life are the people that I work with.” — Questlove
147. “Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” — Mark Twain
148. “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.” — Elbert Hubbard
149. “We need new friends; some of us are cannibals who have eaten their old friends up; others must have ever-renewed audiences before whom to re-enact the ideal version of their lives.” — Logan Pearsall Smith
150. “The best way to keep your friends is not to give them away.” — Wilson Mizner
New Friends Quotes To Meet New Personalities
151. “We’ll make new friends, there’s 4,000 other people in this world!” — Tom S. Parker
152. “It’s good to have a new friend. New adventures.” — John Logan
153. “I expected to make new friends. Knowing that you would outlive all your friends.” — Gene Roddenberry
154. “One of the nicest things about new friends is they haven’t heard your old stories yet.” — Michael Brickey
155. “The new is older than the old; and newest friend is oldest friend in this, that waiting him, we longest grieved to miss one thing we sought.” — Helen Hunt
156. “Arguments and misunderstandings are common among new friends.” — Xin-An Lu
157. “I make new friends all my life even when I am well into my hundreds.” — Michael Brickey
158. “A new friend makes himself known.” — David Simon
159. “What is uttered from the heart alone, Will win the hearts of others to your own.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
160. “Make new friends but keep the old.” — D.V. Rangarajan
New Friends Quotes to Embrace Friendship’s Beginning
161. “We respect new friends more than the ones we know because we have yet to learn their flaws.” ― RJ Intindola
162. “It is unpredictable for you to know which of the strangers you are about to meet that becomes your friend. Be polite to every stranger!”― Israelmore Ayivor
163. “Be grateful when you have friends who care for you, it’s a blessing to see nice happy people around us.” ― Auliq Ice
164. “There is nothing more valuable in the writing process than a friend to hold you accountable to your own potential.” ― J.R. Young
165. “Potential enemies make the best friends and lovers. Many a blessed union begins in adversity.” ― Randy Thornhorn
166. “Trust not yourself; but your defects to know, Make use of ev’ry friend—and ev’ry foe.” ― Alexander Pope
167. “Be careful of who becomes your friend and why. The person who will bite off your lips one day will have to first promise you a kiss today. Be careful of hypocrites.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
168. “One of my favorite things: good conversation with good friends.” ― Karen Salmansohn
169. “Good friends are divine instruments.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
170. “You will know a friendship is not natural when you don’t feel relaxed with.” ― Bangambiki Habyarimana
New Friends Quotes to Cherish
171. “Today’s opponents can be your allies tomorrow. And today’s allies can be tomorrow’s opponents.” ― Suzy Kassem
172. “Friends can speed up your steps or slow down your pace. Leaders choose friends wisely; they are aware of the consequences.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
173. “You do not need a certain number of friends, just a number of friends you can be certain of.” ― Itzik Amiel
174. “Friends are medicine for a wounded heart and vitamins for a hopeful soul.” ― Steve Maraboli
175. “Always take the job, pursue the life, and have the friends that allow you to have as much freedom as possible.” ― James Altucher
176. “Your true friends echo your own philosophies back at you.” ― J.R. Rim
177. “Three things in life you will never have to chase: True friends, true love and your destiny!” ― Alex Haditaghi
178. “Friends will always be there for the party. REAL friends will be there after the party…” ― Bray Love
179. “No words would ever be more powerful than the presence of a friend.” ― Rachel L. Schade
180. “Truth can win you many enemies, but it also rewards you with some die-hard friends.” ― Alok Jagawat
181. “You can find tranquility, you can find party, you can find new friends. I’m a cruise convert.” ― Guy Fieri
182. “I was always making new friends, then losing them.” ― Sebastian Lelio
183. “I’m not exactly a guy who makes new friends easily.” ― Tom Petty
184. “I’ve grown up putting my suitcase down, making new friends, and then having to pick it up again” ― Goldie
185. “I’ve always been that way, timid in a lot of ways. I don’t like making new friends.” ― Shawn Porter
186. “I’ve kind of become used to making new friends.” ― Davis Webb
187. “I have to get out of the habit of jumping into relationships with new friends before I really get to know them.” ― Cynthia Bailey
Which of these new friends quotes was your favorite?
Although finding the time to meet new friends as an adult can be a struggle, you should make an effort to connect with other people.
When you show genuine interest in knowing other people, they’ll like you for it.
Good friends are good for your happiness and well-being.
They add to the fullness of life.
Hopefully, the quotes above will help you celebrate the people you’ve loved, and the ones you haven’t even met yet.
Did you enjoy these new friends’ quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.