These anime quotes are full of lessons that you can apply to your own life in the real world.
If anime hasn’t been a part of your life before, you may not understand the excitement and devotion of its fans. While it’s often thought of by people that don’t understand it, or haven’t tried watching it as provocative, violent, and even a little taboo, there are many that see the creativity, inspiration, and motivation that it shares.
The art, fantasy, designs, colors, and costumes tap into our too often repressed imagination. It awakens something within that motivates and inspires us for life. These 50 anime quotes paint a beautiful picture of how an often overlooked work of art does just that.
Also check out these inspirational Naruto quotes about life, success and relationships.
Anime quotes to see the benefitthat it has on creativity and imagination
1. “When it comes to anime, there are endless possibilities. A character can have superhuman powers or shape-shift or have any combination of features. There are no limits with anime. The scenes are not restricted to what can realistically be filmed on a set with physical people, which means a show could have ghosts, pirates, samurais, or space cowboys. Anything could happen. And it will look beautiful in the process. It might even inspire you to start drawing yourself.” – January Nelson
2. “Anime characters have some of the craziest, wildest designs you’ll ever see in the entertainment world. Some designs defy physics, others defy reality itself. And others are so breath-taking it’ll blow you away. That’s why anime is so compelling and fun to watch.” – Theo J Ellis
3. “A lot of anime series and movies are visually stunning. Studio Ghibli films such as Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke are great examples of amazing quality animation and character designs with background artwork that could be framed and hung in an art gallery.” – Brad Stephenson
4. “Many anime shows have distinctive art styles that incorporate colors in beautiful and vibrant ways. Being exposed to all of these colors regularly can positively impact your mood, or maybe even help you pay attention to the vibrant colors around you in your daily life.” – Kayla Matthews
5. “Anime nerds are used to jumping into highly fictionalized shows and use their imaginations much more regularly than your average person. As a result, they’re generally much more creative and open minded than others.” – Kayla Matthews
6. “Anime are filled with characters with heroic qualities that we, as humans, should look up to. These characters possess the nearly inhuman qualities of never giving up, always chasing your dream, protecting what you care for, giving your all, and helping others. We can respect and admire these characters for what they try to accomplish and it gives us inspiration to take what they are doing and to add that to our lives. These characters motivate us to become better people.” – Quazar
7. “The point being, creativity is where it starts. Creativity is what made the first anime – which used knock-off, Disney inspired drawing techniques – gripping enough to viewers to catch on.” – J Sensei
8. “Through picturesque fantasy lands, superhuman feats, and general wow-factor shenanigans, drawing out a sense of childlike wonder is where anime really thrives. It’s where you should thrive, too – as, when all the other features are removed, that genuine wow-factor is also found in just about every successful creative campaign.” – Make it Pop
9. “It is argued that anime supports an array of transcultural creative practices that span across borders, hybridize content and even force the creation of new types of text and distribution.” – Rayna Denison
10. “As seen throughout animation history, one of the main reason why anime films, shows and anime art in general, is able to succeed would be because the Japanese artist made full use of their creative gift to reach out to people. The Japanese knew that anime art does not necessarily need to be shown solely to children, but to everyone as well. With the use of anime art, along with complex and diverse storylines that are akin to human nature, people all over the world took to anime films and shows.” – Jon Mumford
11. “There are days when nothing goes right. There are days when you stumble and fall. There are days when you just want to cry. To cry a lot. To sleep a lot. Or even eat a lot. It’s alright, as long as you pick yourself up again.” – Yuki Takeya
12. “It may be hard right now, but you must silence those thoughts. Stop counting only those things that you have lost. What is gone, is gone.” – Jinbei
13. “Remember this… no matter where you go, the strength of your mind and spirit is the most powerful magic of all.” – Princess Emeraude
14. “It’s just pathetic to give up on something before you even give it a shot.” – Reiko Mikami
15. “Every journey begins with a single step. We just have to have patience.” – Milly Thompson
16. “If nobody cares to accept you and wants you in this world, accept yourself and you will see that you don’t need them and their selfish ideas.” – Alibaba Saluja
17. “The ticket to the future is always open.” – Vash The Stampede
18. “Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. That is the secret of life.” – Rider
19. “Power comes in response to a need, not a desire. You have to create that need.” – Goku
20. “If you don’t like your destiny, don’t accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be.” – Naruto Uzumaki
Anime quotes about overcoming fear and failure
21. “Human beings are strong because we can change ourselves.” – Saitama
22. “Remember the lesson, not the disappointment.” – Holo The Wise Wolf
23. “The circumstances of one’s birth are irrelevant, but it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.” – Pokemon
24. “Whether a fish lives in a clear stream or a water ditch, so long as it continues swimming forward, it will grow up beautifully.” – Koro-sensei (Assassination Classroom)
25. “Just walk the path you believe in. And don’t forget, you’re the main character of your own life story!” – Glenn Radars (Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records)
26. “I refuse to let my fear control me anymore.” – Maka Albarn
27. “Fear is not evil. It tells you what your weakness is. And once you know your weakness, you can become stronger, as well as kinder.” – Gildarts Clive (Fairy Tail)
28. “Although I’m weak and full of flaws, I will never stop moving forward. No matter who I am, no one other than myself will create my own existence. No matter what others may think or feel, I will still move forward as myself.” – Oz Vessalius (Pandora Hearts)
29. “Even if you’re weak, there are miracles you can seize with your hands if you fight on to the very end.” – Uryuu Minene
30. “In this world, there’s no such thing as ‘failure’ in the first place. The one who knows the ‘ways to win’ more than anyone is also the one who’s experienced the most ‘mistakes’. In other words… You could say ‘failure’ is equal to ‘success’… Couldn’t you?” – Toriko (Toriko)
Anime quotes to inspire action
31. “The moment you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.” – Natsu Dragneel
32. “You can do anything you put your mind to do. You shouldn’t second guess yourself just because of one little mistake. You have the same abilities you’ve always had.”
33. “The difference between the novice and the master is that the master has failed more times than the novice has tried.” – Koro-sensei (Ansatsu Kyoushitsu)
34. “If you feel yourself hitting up against your limit, remember for what cause you clench your fists! Remember why you started down this path, and let that memory carry you beyond your limit.” – All Might (My Hero Academia)
35. “The ones who accomplish something are the fools who keep pressing onward. The ones who accomplish nothing are the wise who cease advancing.” – Celica Arfonia (Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records)
36. “When you convince yourself you can’t do anymore, you’re finished. Even though you may still have some strength left that you’re just unaware of.” – Yomikawa Aiho
37. “You can’t sit around envying other people’s worlds. You have to go out and change your own.” – Shinichi Chiaki
38. “I don’t think I’ll learn anything if I don’t try to do something about it on my own.” – Chizuru Hishiro
39. “You can’t win a game by doing nothing. And if someone else wins it for you then you haven’t accomplished anything. Life is the same way.” – Junichirou Kagami
40. “Do not think about other things, there is only one thing you can do. So master that one thing. Do not forget. What you must imagine is always that you, yourself, are the strongest. You do not need outside enemies. For you, the one you have to fight is none other than your own image.” – Archer
Anime quotes about positive thinking and attitude
41. “We can’t waste time worrying about the what if’s.” – Ichigo Kurosaki
42. “No matter how hard or impossible it is, never lose sight of your goal.” – Monkey D Luffy
43. “An excellent leader must be passionate because it’s their duty to keep everyone moving forward.” – Nico Yazawa
44. “No matter how deep the night, it always turns to day, eventually.” – One Piece
45. “Do not think about other things, there is only one thing you can do. So master that one thing. Do not forget. What you must imagine is always that you, yourself, are the strongest. You do not need outside enemies. For you, the one you have to fight is none.”
46. “If you can’t do something, then don’t. Focus on what you can do.” – Shiroe
47. “What you can’t accomplish alone, becomes doable when you’re with someone else.” – Taichi Yaegashi
48. “The last ones standing are the victors. Only the strongest. If you want to be the last one standing become strong.” – Tobio Kageyama
49. “If you wanna make people dream, you’ve gotta start by believing in that dream yourself!” – Seiya Kanie
50. “Smile. Not for anyone else, but for yourself. Show yourself your own smile. You’ll feel better then.” – Rintaro Tatewaki
Which of these anime quotes is your favorite?
There is a lot that we can learn from the world of anime. A fantasy world where anything is possible allows the creativity of your brain to kick into gear.
You can find inspiration and motivationthat you can apply to your own life in the real world. Simple lessons learnedby fictional characters can easily transfer to the situations that you faceeveryday with a little imagination.
As you watch and hear these inspiration words in situations outside of your own, you will feel a stirring within that motivates you to action. You can use the anime quotes above to get started or listen for your own inspiration quote to apply to your life.
October 18, 2019 7:39 AM EST