Daymond John Quotes to Inspire and Empower Entrepreneurs
June 30, 2022 5:00 AM EST
Looking for inspirational Daymond John quotes about how to be a shark in your own life?
Daymond John is an entrepreneur, branding expert, and noted Shark Tank investor, whose experience and knowledge provides valuable insights and directions to potential entrepreneurs.
The landscape of business and the mindset of the workforce have led many to enter the world of entrepreneurship – but NOT all for the same reason as even alluded to in these Daymond John quotes.
Some are forced into entrepreneurship, because of the lack of employment opportunities.
To gain even more wisdom, don’t forget to also read these inspirational Grant Cardone quotes on entrepreneurship and life.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
Daymond John quotes on entrepreneurship and success
1. “The easiest thing to sell is truth.” – Daymond John
Everyday Application: Your clients or customers can tell when you believe in what you are saying. Truth radiates and it is easy to sell because you do not have to put much thought into a story. These honesty quotes will help you understand the power behind being truthful.
2. “You don’t have to work for a big corporation if you don’t want to. – Daymond John
Everyday Application: There are many paths to career success and wealth. Some people want to work for big corporations, other people want to serve and work for non-profits. And then there are those who think entrepreneurship is synonymous with wealth or prefer to be in charge. Find the one that is right for you!
3. “Success is waking up every day and doing what you want to do.” – Daymond John
Everyday Application: Everyone has a different definition of success. For some people, it might mean living a comfortable life or having lots of money. For others, it could be being able to live in a hut on the ocean somewhere and fish all day. Most of us would probably feel successful if we were waking up every day and doing what we wanted to! What is stopping you?
4. “Mentors by far, are the most important aspects of businesses.”- Daymond John
Everyday Application: What is a mentor? A mentor is someone that is a “trusted and experienced advisor.” Having a mentor in the business world, not only opens you up to guidance, but it also expands your resources. Check out this article for tips on how to mind a mentor at work.
You will also enjoy our article on real estate quotes.
Motivational Daymond John Quotes on Work Experience
In the following quotes, Daymond John inspires and teaches potential entrepreneurs essentials to transforming their idea into a business venture:
5. “The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance.” – Daymond John
Everyday Application: You have to spend money to make money. You also have to invest in yourself to better yourself. One of the best investments you can make is in your education. Ignorance will cost you more in the long run.
6. “Don’t focus on you; focus on what you can give others.” – Daymond John
7. “Strategic partners are way more important than money.” – Daymond John
8. “If you aren’t living your dreams then you’re living your fears.” – Daymond John
9. “Product is always king.” – Daymond John
Everyday Application: If you are selling a product, then make sure it is of good quality and meets people’s needs. If you are “the product,” then make sure you are offering someone something they need. You have a unique set of skills that are marketable, so don’t be afraid to put yourself out there.
10. “Be in the efforts business, not the results business.” – Daymond John
11. “An entrepreneur needs to know what they need, period. Then they need to find an investor who can build off whatever their weaknesses are – whether that’s through money, strategic partnerships or knowledge.” – Daymond John
Everyday Application: Being self-aware and honest is essential to becoming a successful entrepreneur. You need to be aware of your strengths and weaknesses. Leverage your strengths and know what you bring to the table. Also, know what you need help with, and then make sure you seek a compliment to whatever your weaknesses are.
12. “Everyone has an idea. But it’s taking those first steps towards turning that idea into a reality that are always the toughest.” – Daymond John
Everyday Application: Take your ideas and make sure you are prepared. Seize opportunities, stay focused, believe in your idea, seek knowledge and information to make your dreams come true. Identify your niche, court your customers, and provide a product or service that is in demand as well as fulfills a need. These aren’t easy tasks, but they are worth it!
13. “No matter what business you’re in; business is business, and financing and money are critical. I would have made a let fewer mistakes if I had more schooling in that area.” – Daymond John
14. “If you don’t educate yourself, you’ll never get out of the starting block because you’ll spend all your money making foolish decisions.” – Daymond John
Everyday Application: This doesn’t necessarily mean you need a formal education (although there is a lot of value in that). You can educate yourself by reading books from other people who have been successful, learn new skills, or finding a mentor. The more knowledge you have the better decisions you will make.
15. “When looking at trends I always ask myself basic and timeless questions about business, and the one I seem to always come back to is, ‘how is this different than anything else in the marketplace?’” – Daymond John
16. “I think a great entrepreneur is learning every day. An entrepreneur is somebody that doesn’t take no for an answer – they’re going to figure something out. They also take responsibility. They don’t blame anybody else. They’re realistic and they take affordable steps when they can.” – Daymond John
17. “I’ve always tried to align myself with strategic partners, friends, and information to help me with the things that I did not know, and ultimately, I made it.” – Daymond John
Everyday Application: Finding a mentor is a great way to increase your knowledge base. They can introduce you to other people who will become essential to your journey. Mentors can also help teach you the information that you don’t learn in books and classes.
18. “I think the biggest turn off is people who think they need money and need all these people around them so if they get the money they can just buy all the things they need to help the company… [without] having to put in the work themselves.” – Daymond John
19. “Learn as many mistakes and what not to do while your business or product is small. Don’t be in such a hurry to grow your brand. Make sure that you and the market can sustain any bumps that may occur down the road.” – Daymond John
20. “Good grooming is integral and impeccable style is a must. If you don’t look the part, no one will want to give you time or money.” – Daymond John
21. “If you go out there and start making noise and making sales – people will find you. Sales cure all. You can talk about how great your business plan is and how well you are going to do. You can make up your own opinions, but you cannot make up your own facts. Sales cure all.” – Daymond John
22. “Pioneers get slaughtered, and the settlers prosper.” – Daymond John
Daymond John Success Quotes
Every entrepreneur sets out with the expectation that their business will thrive and (they) will achieve their goals, dreams, and of course, financial gain.
Entrepreneurship involves taking risks; requires huge investments of time, effort, and money; but can offer great rewards – monetary, peace of mind, and control of your own destiny:
23. “In my earlier days, when I was a ‘wantrepreneur,’ I was really doing things because I thought what I wanted was to be rich.” – Daymond John
Everyday Application: There is nothing wrong with this goal. However, you do not become Daymond John over night. It takes work and sacrifice. You have to be willing to put in the effort to starting a business—is not an easy task.
24. “Align yourself with the right people, forge the right relationships and you’ll set yourself up for the long run. – Daymond John
Everyday Application: Jim Rohn says that “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” That is why it is important to align yourself with the right people. These people should support your goals, provide positive words when you need them, and compliment your skills.
25. “I do today what people won’t, so I achieve tomorrow what other people can’t.” – Daymond John
26. “Life is a cruel teacher. She loves to give you the test first and the lesson later.” – Daymond John
27. “Life is like business, 20% of what happens to you is 80% of how you react.” – Daymond John
Everyday Application: How we react matters. Our reaction is a choice. We could choose negativity and anger, or we can choose to be grateful and look at the positive things in our lives. Focusing on the positive will create a big shift in your mindset and your life. Check out this article for more tips on focusing on the positive.
28. “When you have a large amount of the workforce being laid off, some of them have no other choice but to go out there and invent something.” – Daymond John
Everyday Application: Being laid off doesn’t have to be a bad thing. Especially, if you are the type of person who is seeking an environment where they have more control and say in! You never know what event is going to be the catalyst that changes the way you do things!
29. “It’s gotten to where an entire nation can be energized by the force of a single idea put out into the world in a passionate way through social media at little or no cost.” – Daymond John
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of thought-provoking social media quotes.
30. “Told myself it didn’t matter if my ride didn’t turn heads it only mattered that it turned things around for me.” – Daymond John
31. “When you sell a product or service, you’re making a promise to your audience. If you don’t understand your audience, you’ll never be able to keep that promise and you’ll ultimately let them down.” – Daymond John
Everyday Application: Take the time to learn about the needs of your clientele or audience. How can you or your product help them solve a problem or make their lives better? You might think you are offering them something spectacular but if you do not take the time to understand them and their desires, then they will be unsatisfied.
Other Daymond John Quotes
32. “Embed your picture in your e-mails.” – Daymond John
33. “Out of that, I came up with a line of my own, The time will never be perfect, so you can only make perfect use of your time.” – Daymond John
34. “I’m a big advocate of financial intelligence.” – Daymond John
35. “Every problem can be solved as long as they use common sense and apply the right research and techniques.” – Daymond John
Feeling inspired to take the road to entrepreneurship?
Entrepreneurship is no easy road.
But with grit, hard work, and passion, anything is possible.
Whether you’re a budding entrepreneur or a seasoned veteran in the business, these Daymond John quotes have hopefully inspired you to always bring your best to the table.