Looking for inspirational Daymond John quotes about how to be a shark in your own life? Read on!
Daymond John is an entrepreneur, branding expert, and noted Shark Tank investor, whose experience and knowledge provides valuable insights and directions to potential entrepreneurs.
The landscape of business and the mindset of the workforce have led many to enter the world of entrepreneurship – but NOT all for the same reason as even alluded to in these Daymond John quotes. Some are forced into entrepreneurship, because of the lack of employment opportunities.
To gain even more wisdom, don’t forget to also read these inspirational Grant Cardone quotes on entrepreneurship and life.
Daymond John quotes on entrepreneurship and success
1. “When you have a large amount of the workforce being laid off, some of them have no other choice but to go out there and invent something.” – Daymond John
Others are seeking an environment where they have more control and say on.
2. “You don’t have to work for a big corporation if you don’t want to. – Daymond John
And there are those who think entrepreneurship is synonymous with wealth:
3. “In my earlier days, when I was a ‘wantrepreneur,’ I was really doing things because I thought what I wanted was to be rich.” – Daymond John
But starting a business is not an easy task. As John put it,
4. “Everyone has an idea. But it’s taking those first steps towards turning that idea into a reality that are always the toughest.” – Daymond John
Preparedness, seizing opportunities, staying focused, believing in your idea, seeking knowledge and information, identifying your niche, courting your customers, and providing a product or service that is in demand as well as fulfills a need are ALL critical to getting your business off the ground and taking it to new heights.
Motivational Daymond John Quotes on Work Experience
In the following quotes, Daymond John inspires and teaches potential entrepreneurs essentials to transforming their idea into a business venture:
5. “If you don’t educate yourself, you’ll never get out of the starting block because you’ll spend all your money making foolish decisions.” – Daymond John
6. “The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance.” – Daymond John
7. “I’ve always tried to align myself with strategic partners, friends, and information to help me with the things that I did not know, and ultimately, I made it.” – Daymond John
8. “Align yourself with the right people, forge the right relationships and you’ll set yourself up for the long run. – Daymond John
9. “Product is always king.” – Daymond John
10. “When you sell a product or service, you’re making a promise to your audience. If you don’t understand your audience, you’ll never be able to keep that promise and you’ll ultimately let them down.” – Daymond John
11. “An entrepreneur needs to know what they need, period. Then they need to find an investor who can build off whatever their weaknesses are – whether that’s through money, strategic partnerships or knowledge.” – Daymond John
12. “Mentors by far, are the most important aspects of businesses.”- Daymond John
13. “No matter what business you’re in; business is business, and financing and money are critical. I would have made a let fewer mistakes if I had more schooling in that area.” – Daymond John
14. “Don’t focus on you; focus on what you can give others.” – Daymond John
15. “When looking at trends I always ask myself basic and timeless questions about business, and the one I seem to always come back to is, ‘how is this different than anything else in the marketplace?’” – Daymond John
16. “I think a great entrepreneur is learning every day. An entrepreneur is somebody that doesn’t take no for an answer – they’re going to figure something out. They also take responsibility. They don’t blame anybody else. They’re realistic and they take affordable steps when they can.” – Daymond John
17. “Strategic partners are way more important than money.” – Daymond John
18. “I think the biggest turn off is people who think they need money and need all these people around them so if they get the money they can just buy all the things they need to help the company … [without] having to put in the work themselves.” – Daymond John
19. “Learn as many mistakes and what not to do while your business or product is small. Don’t be in such a hurry to grow your brand. Make sure that you and the market can sustain any bumps that may occur down the road.” – Daymond John
20. “Good grooming is integral and impeccable style is a must. If you don’t look the part, no one will want to give you time or money.” – Daymond John
21. “If you go out there and start making noise and making sales – people will find you. Sales cure all. You can talk about how great your business plan is and how well you are going to do. You can make up your own opinions, but you cannot make up your own facts. Sales cure all.” – Daymond John
22. “Pioneers get slaughtered, and the settlers prosper.” – Daymond John
Daymond John Success Quotes
Every entrepreneur sets out with the expectation that their business will thrive and (they) will achieve their goals, dreams, and of course, financial gain.
Entrepreneurship involves taking risks; requires huge investments of time, effort, and money; but can offer great rewards – monetary, peace of mind, and control of your own destiny:
23. “Success is waking up every day and doing what you want to do.” – Daymond John
24. “If you aren’t living your dreams then you’re living your fears.” – Daymond John
25. “I do today what people won’t, so I achieve tomorrow what other people can’t.” – Daymond John
26. “Life is a cruel teacher. She loves to give you the test first and the lesson later.” – Daymond John
27. “Life is like business, 20% of what happens to you is 80% of how you react.” – Daymond John
28. “The easiest thing to sell is truth.” – Daymond John
29. “It’s gotten to where an entire nation can be energized by the force of a single idea put out into the world in a passionate way through social media at little or no cost.” – Daymond John
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of thought-provoking social media quotes.
30. “Told myself it didn’t matter if my ride didn’t turn heads it only mattered that it turned things around for me.” – Daymond John
31. “Be in the efforts business, not the results business.” – Daymond John
Other Daymond John Quotes
32. “Embed your picture in your e-mails.” – Daymond John
33. “Out of that, I came up with a line of my own, The time will never be perfect, so you can only make perfect use of your time.” – Daymond John
34. “I’m a big advocate of financial intelligence.” – Daymond John
35. “Every problem can be solved as long as they use common sense and apply the right research and techniques.” – Daymond John
Feeling inspired to take the road to entrepreneurship?
Entrepreneurship is no easy road. But with grit, hard work, and passion, anything is possible. Whether you’re a budding entrepreneur or a seasoned veteran in the business, these Daymond John quotes have hopefully inspired you to always bring your best to the table.
February 19, 2021 6:00 AM EST