Overcome obstacles and embrace the thrill of the unknown with these Trying New Things quotes!
It’s easy to get stuck in a routine, day in and day out.
Even if you’re looking to break away from your everyday norm, it can be frightening to try new things.
Fear of the unknown, aversion to risk, and the familiarity of your comfort zone may be stopping you from creating the life you dream about.
Let these inspirational quotes about trying new things encourage and guide you as you finally break out of your shell and discover all the beautiful things the world has to offer!
Quotes About Trying New Things
Enjoy these quotes that encourage you to try new things.
1. “When you try new things, you learn new things.” — Deborah Meier
2. “I’m ever-changing and always evolving, always trying new things.” — Thomas Rhett
3. “You never know what you can do until you try, and very few try unless they have to.” — C.S. Lewis
4. “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar, all right?” — Michelle Obama
5. “Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” — Jack Canfield
6. “Life is worthwhile if you try. It doesn’t mean you can do everything, but there are a lot of things you can do if you just try.” — Jim Rohn
7. “Be fearless in trying new things, whether they are physical, mental, or emotional, since being afraid can challenge you to go to the next level.” — Rita Wilson
8. “Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.” — Brian Tracy
9. “You will enrich your life immeasurably if you approach it with a sense of wonder and discovery and always challenge yourself to try new things.” — Nate Berkus
10. “I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world.” — Neil Gaiman
Trying New Things Quotes About Leaving Your Comfort Zone
These quotes urge you to leave your comfort zone to try new things.
11. “Comfort is the enemy of achievement.” — Farrah Gray
12. “Get comfortable with being uncomfortable!” — Jillian Michaels
13. “Life always begins with one step outside of your comfort zone.” — Shannon L. Alder
14. “Are we prepared to leave our comfort zones to reach a better place?” — Carlos A. Godoy
15. “Everything we want is outside of our comfort zone, and the other side is fear.” — Sivaprakash Sidhu
16. “The sooner you step away from your comfort zone, you’ll realize that it really wasn’t all that comfortable.” — Eddie Harris, Jr.
17. “As you move outside of your comfort zone, what was once the unknown and frightening becomes your new normal.” — Robin S. Sharma
18. “You never change your life until you step out of your comfort zone; change begins at the end of your comfort zone.” — Roy T. Bennett
19. “Unless you go out of your comfort zone. Unless you challenge yourself, you cannot grow. Leadership is the art of growing by pushing yourself past your own physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual limits.” — Amit Ray
20. “We are so accustomed to the comforts of “I cannot,” “I do not want to,” and “it is too difficult” that we forget to realize when we stop doing things for ourselves and expect others to dance around us, we are not achieving greatness. We have made ourselves weak.” – Pandora Poikilos
Trying New Things Quotes About Taking Risks
Read on for quotes highlighting that trying new things means taking risks.
21. “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” —T.S. Eliot
22. “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” — Jim Rohn
23. “We have to be honest about what we want and take risks rather than lie to ourselves and make excuses to stay in our comfort zone.” — Roy T. Bennett
24. “The biggest risk is not taking any risk. In a world that’s changing quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.” — Mark Zuckerberg
25. “The hardest thing to do is leave your comfort zone. But you have to let go of the life you’re familiar with and take the risk to live the life you dream about.” — T. Arigo
Encouragement to Try New Things
It can be intimidating to try new things, but these quotes remind you that this is the one life you have to live.
26. “If you’re not willing to risk, you cannot grow; If you cannot grow, you cannot be your best; If you cannot be your best, you cannot be happy; If you cannot be happy, what else is there?” — Les Brown
27. “Risk, then, is not just part of life. It is life. The place between your comfort zone and your dream is where life takes place. It’s the high-anxiety zone, but it’s also where you discover who you are.” — Nick Vujicic
28. “I will guarantee you that the day you step outside your comfort zone by making success your goal is the day you discover that adversity, risk, and daring will make life sweeter than you ever imagined.” — Mark Burnett
29. “Be willing to step outside your comfort zone once in a while; take the risks in life that seem worth taking. The ride might not be as predictable if you’d just planted your feet and stayed put, but it will be a heck of a lot more interesting.” — Edward Whitacre, Jr.
30. “Try new things, step out of your comfort zone, take risks, do things in ways you’ve never done them before, ask for help, surround yourself with self-actualized people, become obsessed with the fact that you have one go-round on this planet as the ‘you’ that is you, and realize how precious and important it is not to squander that.” — Jen Sincero
Quotes About Overcoming Your Fear of Trying New Things
These quotes will encourage you to overcome your fear of trying new things.
31. “We cannot become what we want to be by remaining what we are.” — Max DePree
32. “What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?” — Vincent van Gogh
33. “Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
34. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.” — Elbert Hubbard
35. “One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again.” — Abraham Maslow
36. “Don’t fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have.” — Louis E. Boone
37. “Fear and anxiety many times indicates that we are moving in a positive direction, out of the safe confines of our comfort zone, and in the direction of our true purpose.” — Charles F. Glassman
38. “Whenever you feel uncomfortable, instead of retreating back into your old comfort zone, pat yourself on the back and say, “I must be growing,” and continue moving forward.” — T. Harv Eker
39. “Sometimes we have to step out of our comfort zones. We have to break the rules. And we have to discover the sensuality of fear. We need to face it, challenge it, dance with it.” — Kyra Davis
40. “Change can be frightening, and the temptation is often to resist it. But change almost always provides opportunities – to learn new things, to rethink tired processes, and to improve the way we work.” — Klaus Schwab
Quotes About the Excitement of Trying and Learning New Things
These quotes celebrate the excitement of trying new things and making new discoveries.
41. “I’m a competitive person, and I love the challenge of mastering new things.” — Sasha Cohen
42. “I’m always learning, always trying new things, because you have to, to stay fresh.” — Matt Riddle
43. “The most important thing people did for me was to expose me to new things.” — Temple Grandin
44. “Make your heart bleed! Put your soul into that damn thing. And try new things.” — Dimebag Darrell
45. “I like to challenge myself. I like to learn – so I like to try new things and try to keep growing.” — David Schwimmer
46. “I have always had an instinct for doing new things. Call it good or bad, I love to experiment.” — Ravi Shankar
47. “I collect memories. I look for opportunities to try new things, go to new places, and meet new people all the time.” — Marcel Wanders
48. “I see retirement as just another of these reinventions, another chance to do new things and be a new version of myself.” — Walt Mossberg
49. “Endings are always tough, but I believe when something ends, there are new beginnings, new opportunities, and new things to be excited for, too.” — Mike Fisher
50. “I wouldn’t mind if I had to travel every single day. I love meeting new people and experiencing new things, making new connections with people in different places.” — Millicent Simmonds
If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again!
These quotes remind us that trying new things can be an exciting adventure!
Taking the leap to try something new is the path to personal growth and an enriching, fulfilling, and fun life.
Don’t let the safety of your comfort zone or the fear of failure stop you from trying new things.
Revisit this list of inspirational Trying New Things quotes whenever you need motivation to try something new, even if you’re afraid.
What new thing are you going to try first?
Let us know in the comments.