These Whitney Houston quotes will make you feel empowered and inspired.
Whitney Houston is a legendary singer and one of the best-selling music artists of all time. Some of her most famous hits include songs like I Will Always Love You and Where Do Broken Hearts Go. Read this collection of inspirational quotes from Whitney Houston to encourage yourself as you follow your passions. These motivational words will boost your confidence and lift your spirits.
What’s your favorite Whitney Houston song?
As an influential female African-American artist, Whitney Houston has touched the hearts of millions. Her talents and ability to overcome adversity are inspiring. These Whitney Houston quotes perfectly capture the light and love that exuded from her.
The legacy of this amazing superstar lives on through her powerful words and lyrics. When you have faith in yourself and the confidence to try your hardest, anything is possible. Share these Whitney Houston quotes with all of the music lovers in your life to inspire greatness within them.
Whitney Houston quotes to inspire your journey to greatness
1. “I decided long ago never to walk in anyone’s shadow; if I fail, or if I succeed at least I did as I believe.” – Whitney Houston
2. “I broke my heart for every gain, to taste the sweet I faced the pain.” – Whitney Houston
3. “There can be miracles when you believe.” – Whitney Houston
4. “I’ve got some good saints out there – that’s right – that pray for me constantly. You’ve gotta have that! You do.” – Whitney Houston
5. “What’s in your soul is in your soul.” – Whitney Houston
6. “Learning to love yourself, is the greatest love all.” – Whitney Houston
7. “To learn your artistry and to be able to perfect that, is overwhelming. Especially when you are exuding love. The human emotion is a very delicate thing, so you have to be careful about how you present it because it can be kind of scary, or too overwhelming if you’re not careful. So I try to just keep it love.” – Whitney Houston
8. “I’d rather be alone than unhappy.” – Whitney Houston
9. “I think over the years, being a mother, I’ve matured in so many ways.” – Whitney Houston
10. “Being around people like Aretha Franklin and Gladys Knight, Dionne Warwick and Roberta Flack, all these greats, I was taught to listen and observe.” – Whitney Houston
You might also like these Stevie Wonder quotes from the iconic soul artist.
Whitney Houston quotes to help you unlock your full potential
11. “I’m either my best friend or my worst enemy.” – Whitney Houston
12. “I’m a person who has life and wants to live, and always have.” – Whitney Houston
13. “Sometimes you’ll laugh; Sometimes you’ll cry; Life never tells us, the when’s or why’s.” – Whitney Houston
14. “You can fool people. You can fool anybody anytime of the day, but you can’t fool yourself. At night, when you go home, you’ve got to be straight up with you.” – Whitney Houston
15. “I have priorities. Maintaining my daughter is my first.” – Whitney Houston
16. “When I heard Aretha, I could feel her emotional delivery so clearly. It came from down deep within. That’s what I wanted to do.” – Whitney Houston
17. “Crack is wack!” – Whitney Houston
18. “From the beginning, the camera and I were great friends. It loves me, and I love it.” – Whitney Houston
19. “When you’ve got friends, to wish you well; You’ll find your point when; You will exhale.” – Whitney Houston
20. “My daughter is my greatest inspiration.” – Whitney Houston
Have you seen these Justin Bieber quotes from the former childhood star?
Whitney Houston quotes to boost your confidence
21. “God gave me a voice to sing with, and when you have that, what other gimmick is there?” – Whitney Houston
22. “Nobody makes me do anything I don’t want to do. It’s my decision. So the biggest devil is me.” – Whitney Houston
23. “I feel so blessed to just have done what I had done. To be able to just use what God has given me is a blessing. You know, never mind the Grammys, never mind the records, never mind all of that. Just to be able to sing.” – Whitney Houston
24. “My mother taught me beauty really lives in places like a smile.” – Whitney Houston
25. “Sometimes you do have a good time. But when it gets to the point where you’re sitting in your home and you’re just trying to cover what you don’t want people to know. It’s painful. And then you want more just so that you don’t let anybody see you cry. Or anybody to see we’re not happy.” – Whitney Houston
26. “Never let your heart take precedence over reason, otherwise you will have problems.” – Whitney Houston
27. “If you say my eyes are beautiful, it’s because they are looking at you.” – Whitney Houston
28. “Judge not for your flaws, but for your Triumphs!” – Whitney Houston
29. “If I should die this very day, Don’t cry … cause on Earth; We wasn’t meant to stay.” – Whitney Houston
30. “I almost wish I could be more exciting, that I could match what is happening out there to me.” – Whitney Houston
Don’t forget to also read these Joe Rogan quotes to help you dream big.
Whitney Houston quotes that will inspire you to reach for the stars
31. “When you’re feeling full of doubt and fear has got you in a bind, love will save the day.” – Whitney Houston
32. “My mother sang with me in her stomach; I sang with Bobbi Kris in my stomach. I believe the child starts to develop within, and whatever you read, whatever you think, whatever you do affects the child.” – Whitney Houston
33. “I’m an old-fashioned girl. And I love gospel. I like things that lift me up, inspire me.” – Whitney Houston
34. “In grammar school some of the girls had problems with me. My face was too light. My hair was too long. It was the black-consciousness period, and I felt really bad.” – Whitney Houston
35. “I have a mother that’s very strong and family that surround me and constantly tell me they love me.” – Whitney Houston
36. “I like being a woman in a man’s world. After all, men can’t wear dresses, but we can wear the pants.” – Whitney Houston
37. “When the night falls, my lonely heart calls.” – Whitney Houston
38. “I’m not crazy about arenas just because I can sell them out. It doesn’t do anything for my ego at all. I want to play places where people don’t have to sit in the nosebleed seats and wonder what the hell is going on.” – Whitney Houston
39. “I have nothing! Nothing! If I don’t have you.” – Whitney Houston
40. “My mother taught me that when you stand in the truth and someone tells a lie about you, don’t fight it.” – Whitney Houston
You might also like these Selena Gomez quotes about life, love, and beauty.
Whitney Houston quotes to improve your inner strength
41. “I’m good where I am at this moment.” – Whitney Houston
42. “Let the children’s laughter remind us how we used to be.” – Whitney Houston
43. “I’m just fiercely protective. It’s like, that’s my lair and nobody messes with my lair.” – Whitney Houston
44. “When I decided to be a singer, my mother warned me I’d be alone a lot. Basically we all are. Loneliness comes with life.” – Whitney Houston
45. “I believe that children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside.” – Whitney Houston
46. “Nobody likes to be picked on. Nobody.” – Whitney Houston
47. “I’ve turned down a lot of arena dates because I’ve done the big-arena thing. Now, I want to do something where people can feel me and I can feel them.” – Whitney Houston
48. “I finally faced the fact that it isn’t a crime not having friends. Being alone means you have fewer problems.” – Whitney Houston
49. “I wish to you, joy and happiness. But above all this, I wish you love.” – Whitney Houston
50. “I’m older, I’m matured … I’m looking forward to the years to come. Good years.” – Whitney Houston
Don’t forget to also check out these hilarious Adam Sandler quotes that will have you laughing out loud.
Which of these Whitney Houston quotes lifts up your spirit the most?
Whitney Houston was an influential musician who made women around the world feel empowered. Her ambitions, talent, and confidence are traits to be admired. Whenever you feel like giving up, just remind yourself of Whitney Houston’s powerful words.
You can achieve your goals and enjoy the spoils of success once you unlock your full potential. Don’t limit yourself or doubt yourself. Follow the advice of Whitney Houston if you want to kickstart your journey to greatness.
If you seek inspiration or guidance, read these amazing Whitney Houston quotes. The iconic performer had a complete understanding of what it takes to be successful and famous. If you’re willing to sacrifice your energy and time, it’s possible for your dreams to come true. Reach for the stars and read these Whitney Houston quotes and lyrics to improve your inner strength.
What are your favorite quotes from Whitney Houston, legendary singer and actress? Let us know in the comment section below.
March 27, 2020 7:10 AM EST