These Maleficent quotes will take you back to the villain origin story that truly outdid itself.
Sleeping Beauty has been my favorite movie since I was a child, with Maleficent being my favorite Disney villain of all time.
I have dressed up as her for Halloween as a child and an adult.
Tell us your favorite quote in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading these Maleficent quotes?
Here are a few lessons we can all learn from Maleficent:
- everyone is searching for belonging and connection
- the villain of the story is not always obvious
- love is life-changing and comes in many forms
Maleficent is one of the most well-known and iconic villains in the world of fairy tales.
She first appeared in Sleeping Beauty in 1959, and since then, she has become a symbol of evil and wickedness in the world of storytelling.
Her character has undergone many changes and adaptations over the years, but she remains one of the most recognizable and popular villains of all time.
When the Maleficent movie came out in 2014, I couldn’t wait to take my daughter (who had been watching Sleeping Beauty her entire life).
I just kept pleading with the universe that they would do the movie justice and not ruin a good thing.
I had never considered the possibility that Maleficent would be even more than I ever imagined; it was perfection.
I remember sitting in the theater, bawling during all the scenes when Maleficent’s heart breaks because of the pain she caused.
This is the one person she loves in this world, and not only did she cause it, but she couldn’t stop it.
My friend there with her daughter looked at my sniveling face with a few tears in her eyes, and I could hear all the other mothers in the theater crying too.
We all felt that right in the gut, and it was so hard.
Directed by Robert Stromberg, the film stars Angelina Jolie in the title role as the iconic villain. It takes a closer look at the character’s motivations and backstory, offering a new perspective on the classic tale.
The movie is entertaining and emotionally engaging thanks to a powerful lead performance by Jolie and the stunning visuals.
These Maleficent quotes about her relationship with Aurora don’t do them any justice without Angelina Jolie’s acting, but they are some of my favorites.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Terrifying Maleficent quotes and sayings about the curse she places on Aurora
1. “The princess can be woken from her death sleep by true love’s kiss.” — Maleficent
You will also enjoy our article on Lucifer quotes.
2. “Well, well. What a glittering assemblage, King Stefan.” — Maleficent
You will also enjoy our article on villain quotes.
3. “I must say, I really felt quite distressed at not receiving an invitation.” — Maleficent
You will also enjoy our article on Dr. Evil quotes.
4. “Oh, dear! What an awkward situation.” — Maleficent
You will also enjoy our article on angelina jolie quotes.
5. “And to show I bear no ill will, I too shall bestow a gift on the child.” — Maleficent
You will also enjoy our article on raven quotes to help you decide if they are a bad omen.
6. “Listen well, you all! The princess will indeed grow in grace and beauty. But before the sunset on her sixteenth birthday, she will prick her finger on a spindle of a spinning wheel, and she will fall into a sleep-like death!” — Maleficent
7. “This curse will last till the end of time! No power on earth can change it.” — Maleficent
8. “Royalty. Nobility. Gentry. How quaint, even the rabble.” — Maleficent
9. “The princess *can* be woken from her death sleep, but only by… [Maleficent glares vindictively at Stefan] True Love’s Kiss!” — Maleficent
Best Maleficent quotes and dialogues
10. “It’s so ugly, I almost feel sorry for it.” — Maleficent
11. “I hate you, beasty.” — Maleficent
12. “Oh, look! The little beast is about the fall off the cliff.” — Maleficent
13. Aurora: Hello. [Maleficent turns around to see a smiling toddler Aurora]
Maleficent: Go away. [Aurora walks closer to Maleficent]
Maleficent: Go. Go away. [Aurora hugs Maleficent]
Maleficent: I don’t like children.
14. Aurora: I know who you are.
Maleficent: Do you?
Aurora: You’re my fairy godmother!
15. [before kissing Aurora to awaken her from her enchanted sleep] “I will not ask your forgiveness, because what I have done to you is unforgivable. I was so lost in hatred and revenge. Sweet Aurora, you stole what was left of my heart. And now I have lost you forever. I swear, no harm will come to you as long as I live. And not a day shall pass that I don’t miss your smile.” — Maleficent
16. Aurora: [after she awakens from her enchanted sleep] Hello, Godmother.
Maleficent: Hello, Beastie.
17. “I revoke my curse! Let it be no more!” — Maleficent
18. “He did this to me so he could be king…” — Maleficent
19. “Aurora, there is an evil in this world, hatred, and betrayal. And I cannot keep you from it.” — Maleficent
20. “I had wings once, and they were strong. They could carry me above the clouds and into the headwinds, and they never faltered. Not even once.” — Maleficent
21. “I call on those who live in the shadows. Fight with me now!” — Maleficent
Short Maleficent quotes and lines that added spunk and humor to the film
22. “Faster, mule!” — Maleficent
23. “How wonderful.” — Maleficent
24. “I like you begging. Do it again.” — Maleficent
25. Prince Phillip: I’m looking for a girl.
Maleficent: Of course you are!
Which of these Maleficent quotes is your favorite?
Maleficent received mixed reviews from critics, which I find impossible because it was perfect.
Critics praised Jolie’s performance, costumes, visual effects, and musical score while criticizing the script and some tone inconsistencies.
Maleficent was a commercial success.
It was Jolie’s highest-grossing film.
And it was the fourth highest-grossing movie of 2014, coming in at over $758 million worldwide.
The film also earned an Academy Award nomination for Best Costume Design at the 87th Academy Awards.
A sequel, Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, was released in 2019, with Jolie and Elle fanning reprising their roles.
Once again, the film focused on the relationship between Aurora and Maleficent while challenging the typical fairy tale structure of good and evil.
What did you think of Maleficent and the sequel, Mistress of Evil?
In the comment section below, let us know your thoughts and any other favorite Maleficent quotes and lines from the movie.