Learn more about the life of a distinguished American businessperson and philanthropist with our W Clement Stone quotes.
W Clement Stone is a man who encouraged people with his wisdom and inspired others through his actions.
Find out what inspired this American entrepreneur with our W Clement Stone quotes.
Who was W Clement Stone?
W Clement Stone was a young man with a dream who grew into an American success story.
Many recognize him as one of the first to sell newspapers to business patrons.
W. Clement Stone had success in the following industries:
- Newspaper sales
W Clement Stone’s early business spirit
In Stone’s era, newspaper sales were big business, and competition was fierce.
Stone realized that many customers were accustomed to newspaper sellers loudly hawking the latest edition at them.
This was during the time when phrases like “Extra! Extra! Read all about it” were popular
He started selling restaurant newspapers to customers on their way in or out.
The customers admired his charm, calm nature, and non-aggressive sales attitude.
You could purchase a paper if you wanted to or not.
His tenacity and ability to read into what potential customers desired were skills that drove his success.
He moved on from selling papers to selling insurance.
His insurance company eventually went national, growing to be worth billions.
W Clement Stone’s legacy of philanthropy
One of W. Clement Stone’s most famous quotes is, “All I want to do is change the world.”
This is undoubtedly an ambitious goal.
Stone revolutionized the fields of business he worked in, and he was not afraid of being generous with his assets.
Many businesspeople have had success in America, so what makes Stone any different?
Well, for starters, Stone was inspired to engage in philanthropy.
Philanthropy is when wealthy people donate large sums of money to causes that help the world or their community.
Stone started several organizations designed to give back and share wealth.
Over his lifetime, he donated $275 million to charity and civic groups.
I think it is safe to say he lived up to his dream.
Learn more with our W. Clement Stone quotes below.
Short W Clement Stone quotes about faith
We begin with these short and sweet W. Clement Stone quotes.
1. “Prayer is man’s greatest power!” — W. Clement Stone
2. “Have the courage to face the truth” — W. Clement Stone
3. “To be happy, make other people happy.” — W. Clement Stone
4. “Give hope; you will have hope and be made hopeful.” — W. Clement Stone
5. “To every disadvantage, there is a corresponding advantage.” — W. Clement Stone
The best W Clement Stone quotes on how to live with integrity
Stone taught that there was a formula for integrity.
6. “Have the courage to say no.” — W. Clement Stone
7. “Have the courage to face the truth.” — W. Clement Stone
8. “Do the right thing because it is right.” — W. Clement Stone
9. “These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity.” — W. Clement Stone
10. “Sometimes the things that seem to be adversities turn out to be opportunities in disguise.” — W. Clement Stone
The top W Clement Stone quotes about attitude
Stone believed attitude is what would make a break a person.
11. “The little difference is attitude.” — W. Clement Stone
12. “The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.” — W. Clement Stone
13. “Be careful the environment you choose, for it will shape you.” — W. Clement Stone
14. “Be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.” — W. Clement Stone
15. “There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference.” — W. Clement Stone
Famous W Clement Stone quotes about dreams and action
Dreams only become a reality when we act on them.
16. “The world is full of dreamers.” — W. Clement Stone
17. “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” — W. Clement Stone
18. “I think there is something, more important than believing: Action!” — W. Clement Stone
19. “Keep your mind on the things you want and off the things you don’t want.” — W. Clement Stone
20. “There aren’t enough who will move ahead and begin to take concrete steps to actualize their vision.” — W. Clement Stone
W Clement Stone quotes and sayings about planning your work and working your plan
We close our list with these motivational quotes from W. Clement Stone.
21. “Study, think, and plan.” — W. Clement Stone
22. “Thinking will not overcome fear, but action will.” — W. Clement Stone
23. “Keep your mind on your objective, and persist until you succeed.” — W. Clement Stone
24. “Try, try, try, and keep on trying is the rule that must be followed to become an expert in anything.” — W. Clement Stone
25. “So many fail because they don’t get started, they don’t go. They don’t overcome inertia. They don’t begin.” — W. Clement Stone
Be A Problem Solver
Stone believed in hard work and problem-solving.
He never allowed a challenge to define his journey.
He reminded us, “Every adversity has the seed of an equivalent or greater benefit.”
Our experiences do not define us; we define our experiences.
What is your favorite W Clement Stone quote?
Be sure to let us know in the comments below.
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
We all dream big, but big dreams take initiative to make happen.
Ready to get inspired and uplifted? These words of wisdom are here for you, friend!
Inspirational biographies, however, provide insight into life struggles of the rich and successful.
Discover why hard work beats talent and why it’s the sustaining factor that will push you to the top of the heap and keep you there!
Check out these related quote articles:
If you’d rather run your own small business than work for someone else, these small business quotes are for you!
Unlock your business’s true potential with inspiring business growth quotes. Fuel success and soar to new heights
Being optimistic has the power to move mountains. Are you ready to focus on positive thoughts?
We hear so much about feeling fear and doing something, regardless. Here are some tips on how to take action even when you’re scared.