These Maxine Waters quotes are impactful.
Maxine Waters is a Woman of Color and an American politician.
A member of the Democratic Party, she has served for 15 years in the U.S. House of Representatives for the 43rd congressional district of California.
Only Nancy Pelosi has more seniority than her in the California congressional delegation.
Waters also chairs the House Financial Services Committee.
Maxine was included on the 100 Most Influential People list by Time magazine in 2018.
Best Maxine Waters quotes
1. “I’m a strong black woman, and I cannot be intimidated. I cannot be undermined.” – Maxine Waters
2. “We have to band together and keep fighting back.” – Maxine Waters
3. “Everyone has a part to play. We have the power. You can do it.” – Maxine Waters
You will also enjoy our article on Indigenous People’s Quotes.
4. “This nation has always struggled with how it was going to deal with poor people and people of color.” – Maxine Waters
5. “I have a right to my anger, and I don’t want anybody telling me I shouldn’t be, that it’s not nice to be and that something’s wrong with me because I get angry.” – Maxine Waters
6. “I understand racism. I understand that there are a lot of people in this country who don’t care about the problems of the inner city. We have to fight every day that we get up for every little thing that we get. And so I keep struggling.” – Maxine Waters
7. “I saw the real difference between politicians who supported programs like Head Start and those who didn’t. I started getting really excited about politics.” – Maxine Waters
8. “I have been adopted by the millennials, and I’m enjoying every minute of it! I’m learning a new language.” – Maxine Waters
9. “We have a responsibility as elected officials to do good public policy in the best interest of all the people.” – Maxine Waters
10. “This is a tough game. You can’t be intimated. You can’t be frightened.” – Maxine Waters
You will also enjoy our article on manipulation quotes.
Powerful Maxine Waters quotes
11. “Black women are going to have to take more leadership.” – Maxine Waters
12. “Women are prepared to run for office. They’re prepared to show up. Oh year, women have big roles to play, and they have stepped up to the plate already.” – Maxine Waters
13. “Guess what this liberal would be all about? This liberal would be about socializing.” – Maxine Waters
14. “I’m going to continue to speak my mind in the way that I do.” – Maxine Waters
15. “If you call it a riot, it sounds like it was just a bunch of crazy people who went out and did bad things for no reason. I maintain it was somewhat understandable, if not acceptable. So I call it a rebellion.” – Maxine Waters
16. “I don’t think it works to just be mad at them – Maxine Waters out ranting and kicking down the doors. It would be so easy to dismiss you and marginalize you.” – Maxine Waters
17. “We moan and groan all the time about a lack of involvement of young people. But they have taught me a lot about what moves them.” – Maxine Waters
18. “I am one who believes in the power of the people. I am inspired when I see people hit the streets who challenge their elected officials and are willing to stand up and fight. I encourage it.” – Maxine Waters
19. “We know that when a woman speaks truth to power, there will be attempts to put her down.. I’m not going to go anywhere.” – Maxine Waters
20. “I think people should do what their heart and soul tells them to do.” – Maxine Waters
What did you learn from these Maxine Waters quotes?
Over the years, Maxine Waters has come under scrutiny for her words and actions.
At one time, she was under investigation for ethics violations.
In addition, it was reported in the Los Angeles Times that her relatives made money from doing business with companies she helped.
The congresswoman has also received negative media coverage multiple times for remarks that appeared to approve of or incite violence.
Two examples include statements made about officials from Trump’s administration after Sarah Huckabee Sanders was refused service in a restaurant and during protests around the Derek Chauvin trial after the murder of George Floyd.
Maxine was a co-founder of Community Build, Black Women’s Forum, and she received the Bruce F. Vento Award for working on behalf of the homeless.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Maxine Waters quotes and sayings?
Let us know in the comment section below.
November 30, 2022 6:52 AM EST