Metals quotes are widely shared to express one’s determination and resolve.
If you are also one of those people who like sharing such quotes, this article is for you.
You can find some of the best and most popular metal quotes here.
We have also discussed metals and their significance in the section below.
So let’s dive in!
You might also like these related articles:
Some Words about Metals
Humans have been using metals since ancient times.
Hence, one can state that metals have played a critical role in the development of human civilization.
The remarkable versatility and properties of metals have made them crucial for both industrial and residential use.
In addition, metals also have some cultural and symbolic value.
Most metals are known for their durability, malleability, and exceptional strength.
So, metals have served as a key element for transportation, construction, manufacturing, and various other industrial sectors.
For instance, steel is an alloy basically composed of iron.
It has been used in various ways, and it has helped to revolutionize the world around us.
Steel has allowed us to build bridges, make railway carriages, and build high risers.
Aluminum is another popular industrial metal.
It is known for its lightness and amazing conductivity.
Copper is another metal with exceptional electrical conductivity.
It is used in power transmission and electronics.
Some other examples of metals used in industry include:
Apart from industrial usage, metals also have some symbolic significance.
Usually, metals also represent durability, endurance, and strength.
When it comes to extracting metal, it requires a lot of physical strength and endurance.
So, turning raw material into something valuable requires extraordinary effort and patience.
Some well-known phrases, like “steely determination” and “ironclad” represent the unshakeable resolve of an individual.
In addition, some metals, like gold, symbolize luxury and achievement.
Metals also have a cultural significance, which is deep-rooted in our beliefs and traditions.
Certain metals are used for creating religious artifacts, sacred objects, and ceremonial items.
Using swords and armor signifies honor, strength, culture, and protection.
Metals are also used for creating intricate sculptures, jewelry, and ornaments that are popular in different cultures.
Hence, metals have a strong cultural influence on humans living in different parts of the world.
Top 10 Metals Quotes
Following is the list of top metals quotes compiled for you after complete research.
1. “We are all slaves to the shining metal.” — Douglas William Jerrold
2. “I love punk rock, but I also love metal.” — Penelope Spheeris
3. “All men [are] of one metal, but not in one mold.” — John Lyly
4. “If you beat metal long enough, it turns to steel.” — Penelope Douglas
5. “Metal is more popular than it ever has been, every expression of it.” — Mike Scheidt
6. “It’s like I have a loaded gun in my mouth and I like the taste of metal.” — Robert Downey, Jr.
7. “Shun idleness. It is rust that attaches itself to the most brilliant metals.” — Voltaire
8. “Metal is the feeling of being an outsider, but still being part of something huge.” — Brian Posehn
9. “I’m not ashamed to say that I really loved some of the hair metal bands of the ’80s.” — Chris McCaughan
10. “My nonviolence is made of stern stuff. It is firmer than the firmest metal known to scientists.” — Mahatma Gandhi
Heavy Metals Quotes
Heavy metals have a higher density than others and are toxic at small concentrations. These metal quotes highlight the side effects of heavy metals that you should be aware of.
11. “To some people, heavy metal is Motorhead, and to others, it’s Judas Priest.” — Glenn Danzig
12. “It’s a heavyweight, the camera. Now we have modern and lightweight, small plastic cameras, but in the ’70s, they were heavy metal.” — Annie Leibovitz
13. “We now know that stars which are abundant in heavy metals are five times more likely to harbor orbiting planets than are stars deficient in metals.” — Debra Fischer
14. “In some cases, it’s not just about cleaning up the factories. It’s about cleaning up the nearby rivers and lakes that have been tainted with heavy metals.” — Ma Jun
15. “You remove heavy metals out of the ground, and you turn that into tables, and houses and bridges, and dreams for people in the developing world. I love doing that.” — Andrew Forrest
16. “I already tried that. Something heavy metal-like. And sunglasses. But it didn’t work; I went to the gas station, and when I left, the guy at the counter said, ’bye Mr Schumacher.” — Michael Schumacher
17. “In conventional oil and natural gas production, you always produce a lot of formation water, and it’s crummy water. It’s really salty. It’s got heavy metals in it. It’s got bad stuff in it.” — Rex Tillerson
18. “For me, being green means cleaning up the water. Water is the key. Start with water. You can’t ignore the fact that nearly 80% of US waterways are potentially poisoned – benzene, solvents, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals.” — Erin Brockovich
19. “It’s important to be able to ask the questions simply. Every single advance in science comes about because of the courage to ask a question, an outrageous question. Like “Can a large, heavy metal object fly if it goes fast enough with the right design?” People’s worldviews are changed when they see that something unbelievable is possible. Airplane flight is now taken for granted. And so all wonderful advances start with an outrageous question.” — Lynne McTaggart
20. “If manufacturers are so sure there is nothing wrong with genetically modified foods, pesticides, and cloned meats, they should have no problems labeling them as such. After all, cancer will kill one in every two men and one in every three women now alive, reports Samuel Epstein, chairman of the Cancer Prevention Coalition. Like our ancestors, we act in ways that will bemuse future societies. The military-industrial complex lubricates the mass-agriculture system with fossil fuels. Tons of heavy metals and other hazardous, even radioactive, waste is sprayed on American agricultural soil.” — Adam Gollner
Base Metals Quotes
Base metals are ordinary but can be transmuted into precious metals like gold and silver. The below quotes show that base metals can be changed to precious metals.
21. “I would not have you exchange the gold of individual Christianity for the base metal of Christian Socialism.” — Charles Spurgeon
22. “Become an alchemist. Transmute base metal into gold, suffering into consciousness, disaster into enlightenment.” — Eckhart Tolle
23. “Base metals can be transmuted into gold by stars, and by intelligent beings who understand the processes that power stars, but by nothing else in the universe.” — David Deutsch
24. “Ethical maxims are bandied about as a sort of current coin of discourse, and, being never melted down for use, those that are of base metal are never detected.” — Richard Whately
25. “Work is the open sesame of every portal, the great equalizer in the world, the true philosopher’s stone which transmutes all the base metal of humanity into gold.” — William Osler
26. “The soul will never become pious and purified except through undergoing afflictions. It is the same as gold that can never be pure except after removing all the base metals in it.” — Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya
27. “If you become more sensitive to beauty, to poetry, that means your love has blossomed. And all the energy that has been left by fear, anger, and hate will be taken over by your love, your sensitivity, your compassion, and your creativity. This is the whole alchemy of changing base metals into gold.” — Rajneesh
28. “The old alchemy, or what was just called alchemy, has a history. Most people, if they’ve been trained in sciences, think of alchemy as the precursor to chemistry. Back in time, people were called alchemists, and they worked for kings and rich people, smelting metal and trying to change base metal into gold because the king wanted to be richer.” — Fred Alan Wolf
29. “The Boer War occurred 37 years ago. Boer means farmer. Many criticized a great power like Britain for trying to wipe out the Boers. Upon making an inquiry, I found all the gold and diamond mines of South Africa were owned by Jews; that Rothschild controlled gold; Samuels controlled silver, Baum controlled other mining, and Moses controlled base metals. Anything these people touch, they inevitably pollute.” — Henry Hamilton Beamish
30. “The American Heritage Dictionary defines a crucible as “a place, time, or situation characterized by the confluence of powerful intellectual, social, economic, or political forces; a severe test of patience or belief; a vessel for melting material at high temperatures.” A crucible was the vessel in which medieval alchemists attempted to turn base metals into gold. That the alchemists inevitably failed in their audacious attempts doesn’t denigrate the power of the crucible as a metaphor for the circumstances that cause an individual to be utterly transformed.” — Warren G. Bennis
Metals Quotes Related to Music
Metals have a deep connection with music. These metal quotes are related to music and show the role of metal in playing music.
31. “To a large degree, I don’t even like most metal music I hear.” — Varg Vikernes
32. “It’s hard to put my music in a specific genre, but if you had to, “instrumental cyber metal” would be an accurate one.” — Paul Wardingham
33. “I was listening to a lot of Norwegian black metal and death metal. There’s a great history to Norwegian black metal. That music is very dark and violent, but it’s also beautiful.” — Brie Larson
34. “I like the old school heavy metal bands like AC/DC and Aerosmith. I like that type of music. As the director, I tried to influence the type of music the bands in the movie would play.” — Dolph Lundgren
35. “I like a lot of metal music. So that’s really what I listen to a lot. Or I listen to a lot of kind of off-the-cuff like I love artists like Santigold or Gold Frapp. Yeah. Pelican. Yeah.” — Jada Pinkett Smith
36. “There are three virtuous styles of music; classical, jazz, and heavy metal. I do love classical music, but I don’t listen to it much anymore, and I never listen to metal, so I am not very interested in music that is difficult to play.” — Gregor Schwellenbach
37. “The band has always been such a huge part of my life and it kept me very busy. That, in combination with something like running a record label, just means my whole life revolves completely around metal music, and I can’t do that anymore.” — Blake Judd
38. “All in all, I think that out of all musical genres, the world of metal is the most escapist one. Metal is also music for people who think for themselves. I think metalheads are smart people who possess a healthy dose of self-irony and a good sense of humor, and that appeals to me. I felt a strong affinity with the scene from the first moment on.” — Tuomas Holopainen
39. “One good thing about a good book or a good film, or maybe even a song, I’m not a musician, but I love to listen to music, is the range that each piece is able to give you. Like ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ by Queen, 1975, that song is so epic. It goes in so many different places, it’s an opera, and it is heavy metal, and it’s so crazy as it goes every which way. I kind of like films like that.” — Kleber Mendonca Filho
40. “There is a hollow, holey cylinder running from hilt to point in my machete. When I blow across the mouthpiece in the handle, I make music with my blade. When all the holes are covered, the sound is sad, as rough as rough can be and be called smooth. When all the holes are open, the sound pipes about, bringing to the eye flakes of the sun on the water, and crushed metal. There are twenty holes. And since I’ve been playing music, I’ve been called all different kinds of fool – more times than Lobey, which is my name.” — Samuel R. Delany
Metals Quotes Highlighting Important Roles of Metals
Metals are extremely important substances without which the world can’t exist. Here are some quotes that highlight the important roles that metals play.
41. “Metals’ has partly been about me regaining my self-respect and I feel like I’m growing the muscles I want to grow again.” — Feist
42. “Important reserves of natural resources, like petroleum and precious metals, are the bulwarks for laying the foundations for the future.” — Enrique Pena Nieto
43. “Neodymium is one of 17 ‘rare-earth metals,’ and these elements have turned out to be critical to the rapidly-growing green technology industries.” — Jamais Cascio
44. “Whether a star has planetary companions or not is a condition of its birth. Those with a larger initial allotment of metals have an advantage over those without.” — Debra Fischer
45. “Fertile soil, level plains, easy passage across the mountains, coal, iron, and other metals imbedded in the rocks, and a stimulating climate, all shower their blessings upon man.” — Ellsworth Huntington
46. “It’s always interesting to see how we’re able to, with craftsmanship… to bring these cool sustainable materials, cool metals, into the House of Marley and keeping that sustainable movement as well.” — Rohan Marley
47. “A lot of scientists on Earth think of things that they could do in zero g. Things like the way metals cure, for example, and the way fluids react in space can tell us a lot about some of the unknowns we have on Earth.” — Kevin A. Ford
48. “And knife making is as much art as science, as far as I’m concerned: Forging metals from an old farm tool into a blade thin enough to effortlessly cut a tomato yet strong enough to mince ginger, all while looking beautiful, is comparable to Ginger Rogers dancing backward in heels.” — Brad Leone
49. “It was only after a while, after photographing mines and clear-cutting of forests in Maine, that I realized I was looking at the components of photography itself. Photography uses paper made from trees, water, metals, and chemistry. In a way, I was looking at all these things that feed into photography.” — David Maisel
50. “After all, does it make sense to be chucking things like glass, paper, cardboard, wood, metals, plastics, and food waste into holes in the ground? No, it doesn’t; especially when someone will pay you good money to take them off your hands or, in the case of wood and food waste, when you can turn them into renewable energy.” — Hilary Benn
Which of these Metals Quotes is your Favorite?
We hope you have enjoyed going through our comprehensive list of metals quotes.
When creating this list, we tried to include only the most relevant and impressive quotes.
These quotes are placed under their specific sections.
So, you can easily find your favorite metal quotes that are interesting and worthy to share.
If you have already found one, don’t hesitate to share it with us.
For this purpose, you can take advantage of our comments section.
We would love to learn about your choice.