Take a moment to claim your power with our negative energy quotes.
Negative energy is a powerful force that we can harness in a way that benefits us if we allow it to do so.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
How is this possible?
Let’s find out together as we explore the wonders of negative energy.
What is negative energy?
From a scientific point of view, negative energy is a concept used in physics to explain the nature of specific fields, such as gravitational and quantum fields.
They define gravitational potential energy as negative.
From a psychological perspective, negative energy is any external or internal force that causes pain, depression, anxiety, fear, and low self-esteem.
Check out these interesting negative energy facts below:
- People with positive self-talk are physically healthier and live longer.
- Many researchers believe negative energy is measurable in humans.
- Scientific evidence suggests our surroundings directly impact our mood.
How can I harness negative energy?
Everything in our world requires balance.
When we see a magnet, we know it has negative and positive sides.
We do not judge the magnet and say, “Oh, one side of the magnet is good or positive, and the other side of the magnet is bad or negative.”
Instead, we understand that both poles of the magnet, negative and positive, are necessary natural phenomena that are required if we are to have balance.
We can look at negative belief systems are similar in this way.
Negativity impacts our well-being by playing into our fears.
Each of us handles how we engage negative energy.
There is an interesting analogy of the sponge that absorbs without choosing, sponges soak up whatever they come into contact with.
We can end up like a sponge if we are unaware of how to work with negative energy.
Constantly absorbing without choosing and attracting more of the same energy we do not prefer.
We can learn to circumvent these negative beliefs and energy and neutralize them so they do not play into our fears.
Mindfulness is the key to balancing negative and positive
Once we realize the ideas that keep us unhappy, we can break the negative thought patterns and use that energy to create joy instead of limitation.
It may sound difficult initially, but it is possible when we are mindful of our responses to any situation, person, or thought.
To learn more about harnessing negative energy for your benefit, check out our negative energy quotes below for more inspiring content.
Short negative energy quotes about harnessing negative power
Let’s get started with these short quotes on the best ways to harness negative energy to your advantage.
1. “Block out all the negative energy, and just love.” — Ariana Grande
2. “I let everybody else’s negative energy feed on me a little.” — Toni Braxton
3. “An eagle uses the negative energy of a storm to fly even higher.” — Eric Thomas
4. “The older I get, the more I try not to waste my time on negative energy.” — Christine Baranski
5. “Negative energies can’t touch you if you are in a state of meditativeness.” — Jaggi Vasudev
6. “When you’re around negative energy, it gets to you if you keep letting it affect you.” — James Van Praagh
7. “The power is neutral. It cannot be divided into positive and negative energies. Power is power.” — Scott Cunningham
8. “Do not jump into reaction mode at the first appearance of negative energy. Just breathe, and relax.” — Neale Donald Walsch
9. “Haters never win. I just think that’s true about life because negative energy always costs in the end.” — Tom Hiddleston
10. “Remember, my friend, to enjoy your planning as well as your accomplishment, for life is too short for negative energy.” — Bruce Lee
Blocking out negative energy quotes to make room for the positive
It takes mindfulness to avoid getting bogged into the mire of negative energy.
11. “A state of negative energy means that you are essentially getting something for nothing.” — Neil deGrasse Tyson
12. “You can’t get a pay raise when you’re angry. People will react to the negative energy and will resist you.” — Stuart Wilde
13. “Holding negative energy drags down the facial muscles, puckers one’s frown, and causes lines around the mouth.” — Sarah Miles
14. “I hate putting negative energy out into the world. But it’s either inside or out. I mean, it’s either get an ulcer or have a fight.” — Sharon Van Etten
15. “Negative energy that comes at you in some form is energy that can be turned around – to defeat an opponent and lift you up.” — Curtis Jackson
16. “A complainer is like a Death Eater because there’s a suction of negative energy. You can catch a great attitude from great people.” — Barbara Corcoran
17. “Burning sage changes the energy for the home, so if you’ve had an argument or some form of stress, it removes negative energies.” — Karen Rose
18. “I can take all the negative energy and turn it into a positive simply by purging my soul through music. That’s how powerful music can be.” — Bow Wow
19. “If you consciously send negative energy toward someone, then what you send is exactly what you will attract upon yourself in your own life.” — Jenna Dewan
You will also enjoy our article on energy vampire quotes.
Negative energy quotes about neutralizing negative thoughts
We must be conscious of our internal self-speak and how we talk to ourselves.
20. “Women vibrate at a slightly different rate that passes kundalini very easily. It is problematic though because a woman also picks up negative energy, it affects her more.” — Frederick Lenz
21. “Sometimes it seems like most people are being pulled into a negative energy, but then you meet strong individuals or strong leaders, and they are free from it.” — Sakyong Mipham
22. “Gratitude turns negative energy into positive energy. There is no situation or circumstance so small or large that it is not susceptible to gratitude’s power.” — Melody Beattie
23. “No matter who’s around you being negative or thrusting negative energy at you, totally block it off. Because whatever you believe, you become.” — Michael Jackson
24. “You can use your life in a very useful and intelligent way. You can very well transform that negative energy into a positive energy that empowers you and makes life meaningful.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
25. “It’s wonderful to feel supported, but there’s a lot of negative energy towards me as well. So I ignore it, to be honest. If I started to read it all, it would completely mess up my head.” — Sienna Miller
Negative energy quotes to think about
26. “I do believe we’re all connected. I do believe in positive energy. I do believe in the power of prayer. I do believe in putting good out into the world. And I believe in taking care of each other.” — Harvey Fierstein
27. “Don’t waste another minute dealing with a toxic, negative, energy-draining person. Some people are wired for negativity. They love being argumentative, combative, and abusive. Run for your life as quickly as possible.” — Les Brown
28. “Remember that “needing” something to change will always flow negative energy and hold it to you. Finding a way to become excited about what it will be changing into will flow positive energy and get the desired revisions started.” — Lynn Grabhorn
29. “Our physical health is dependent upon energy. We have a short lifespan compared with past Yugas. We are made up of energy lines.” — Frederick Lenz
30. “Who do you think of first in the morning? Good manipulators do it in the dream plane. The morning practice of meditation increases the aura to ward off negative energy.” — Frederick Lenz
The best negative energy quotes about blocking bad energy
How we deal with negativity is up to us!
We can focus on what brings us down, or we can focus on what makes us feel wonderful.
31. “If you think of others in a jealous way or if you become angry, immediately pause for a moment. It’s going to pull you down and send negative energy. At that moment, pause and correct yourself.” — Frederick Lenz
32. “Clear quartz is known as the “master healer” and can amplify energy and thought. It draws off negative energy, and it can neutralize background radiation. It balances and revitalizes the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual planes.” — Miranda Kerr
33. “At the umbilical region, we actually network with people. Picture that you are cutting those cords to everyone you know. It doesn’t mean you don’t love them; you are just cutting down on the negative energy pick up from people.” — Frederick Lenz
34. “If I just do everything the opposite of what my dad did, I think that will make things pretty easy. I can joke about it now because I’m past that stage where it used to hurt. By having a kid, it’s gone. I could take all that negative energy that I had and put it in a positive way.” — Derrick Rose
35. “You gotta fight. You gotta get out the negative energy. Don’t let it build up. You end up screaming at each other over something totally stupid, like, ‘Well, why’d you put this spoon in this drawer then?’ ‘Just to p-s you off, that’s why! I got spoons hidden all over this house! Keep it up, and your napkin rings are gonna start disappearing.’” — Adam Ferrara
Focus on the energy around you
36. “There are many ways to calm a negative energy without suppressing or fighting it. You recognize it, you smile to it, and you invite something nicer to come up and replace it; you read some inspiring words, you listen to a piece of beautiful music, you go somewhere in nature, or you do some walking meditation.” — Nhat Hanh
37. “It would take a civilization far more advanced than ours, unbelievably advanced, to begin to manipulate negative energy to create gateways to the past. But if you could obtain large quantities of negative energy-and that’s a big “IF”—then you could create a time machine that apparently obeys Einstein’s equation and perhaps the laws of quantum theory.” — Michio Kaku
38. “Finally, imagine that you’ve really worked hard on yourself and become a level 10 person. Now, is this same level 5 problem a big problem or a little problem? The answer is that it’s no problem. It doesn’t even register in your brain as a problem. There’s no negative energy around it. It’s just a normal occurrence to handle, like brushing your teeth or getting dressed.” — T. Harv Eker
39. “I think that we have to firstly accept ourselves the way we are. I do think that girls are told at an early age that straightening their hair is the right thing, whereas it’s simply not. You need to shut down the negative energy and do what makes you feel good. What makes you feel good is what makes you beautiful!” — Maria Borges
40. “To pine for an alternative past is a waste of energy. In the pristine world of your infinite spiritual self, there is no sin or negative energy. There is only compassion, learning, and unconditional love, and forgiveness. Remind yourself and those around you of this fact. In the light of God, everything is healed and seen to be perfect.” — Stuart Wilde
The top no-time for negative energy quotes
We no longer have time to focus on negativity when we focus on following our highest excitement.
41. “There are amazing opportunities all over the world for women, and I think that there’s more good that comes out of positive energy around that than negative energy.” — Marissa Mayer
42. “I think the better the show, usually it means that you’ve got a lot of good people because it’s sustaining itself. If there’s negative energy, things tend to break down ultimately.” — Peter Jacobson
43. “It is very important to always hold the thought of an enlightened teacher in your mind in a very positive way. When you direct negative energy towards someone who is powerful, it has a terrible bounce-back effect.” — Frederick Lenz
44. “The only problem that occurs in the practice of tantra is when you don’t practice tantra and fool yourself. You get caught up in powerful vortexes of negative energy which pull you into the lower bardo regions into the mud.” — Frederick Lenz
Long negative energy quotes worth reading
45. “I have walked away from friendships when I’ve realized that someone smiles to someone’s face and talks about them the minute they walk out of a room. I have no room in my life for that kind of negative energy anymore.” — Sophia Bush
46. “I think pain is the best feeling for songwriting. You can write good happy songs, but I think the kind of bruiting, depressing ones are more effective. They are easier to write when I am impassioned and angry. It is a good way to channel that negative energy.” — Adam Levine
47. “I realized that if my thoughts immediately affect my body, I should be careful about what I think. Now if I get angry, I ask myself why I feel that way. If I can find the source of my anger, I can turn that negative energy into something positive.” — Yoko Ono
48. “I have a specific set of, I have a specific sort of negative energies to deal with that might be specific to me, but it definitely something that all artists have to deal with at one point or another. But I think for me; it’s just maybe more specific.” — Sean Lennon
49. “With negative energy, you can make the positive energy. A flower will become compost someday, but if you know how to transform the compost back into the flower, then you don’t have to worry. You don’t have to worry about your anger because you know how to handle it—to embrace, to recognize, and to transform it.” — Nhat Hanh
50. “When you become so determined that you want to feel good—you have become as your Inner Being is, in such a pure place of Positive Energy—then that which is ‘negative energy’ simply can’t mix with you. It defies Law. If you are very strong and clear about your positive wanting and feeling it, then ‘bad’ things simply cannot get in.” — Esther Hicks
Is negative energy evil?
Positive and negative are necessary aspects of physical reality.
It is important to remember that the concepts of good and evil stem from a place of judgment.
If we judge something to be negative or positive, it will impact how we experience it. Neither positive energy nor negative are good nor bad; instead, they are required energies.
Mechanically speaking, positive energy integrates, unites, and unifies; it blends and harmonizes things, but that does not make it good.
Negative energy is that which separates or segregates, but that does not make it evil.
Negative and positive energy can be likened to a centrifuge and a blender.
A centrifuge is a mechanical device used to separate things.
Doctors, chemists, and researchers use them to separate blood and other substances.
A centrifuge is not an evil tool but uses negative energy to separate things.
A blender is similar because it spins but uses positive energy to combine ingredients into one unified mixture.
When we are mindful of how we feel about ourselves or how we respond to others, it is beneficial to remember that positive energy unites and negative energy separates.
Negative energy causes people to seek externalized control because they do not believe power comes from within.
Positive energy reminds us we already have the power necessary to accomplish whatever we set our minds to.
Do you have a favorite negative energy quote?
If so, please be sure to let us know in the comment section below.