These awesome alcohol quotes about drinking and partying celebrate your wildest booze-filled nights.
Alcohol is beloved worldwide for making us feel more confident, uplifted, and easygoing.
These alcohol quotes for drinkers will remind you of your wildest nights spent drinking.
Tell us your favorite alcohol quote in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading these alcohol quotes?
Alcohol can lead to:
- crazy antics
- fun times
- incredible stories
However, it is important to always drink responsibly and enjoy it in moderation.
The next time you’re drunk with friends, share these quotes with them to get the party started.
The best quotes about drinking alcohol can be insightful or funny.
Open your mind to new possibilities and freshen up your outlook on life.
These quotes about drinking and being drunk come from the minds of legendary party-goers.
Keeping these words in mind when you’re drinking alcohol or dealing with drunk people may be helpful.
Please read and share these great alcohol quotes and prepare to drink it all.
Of course, alcohol can lead to some devastating consequences for people… it is not always a good time.
If you need help with battling alcoholism, don’t be afraid to reach out for help!
Don’t forget to read our list of helpful drug addict sayings that will shift your mindset.
If you love this quote collection, read out our most popular quote article about short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Alcohol quotes about drinking and partying
1.) “Alcohol may be man’s worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.” – Frank Sinatra
You will also enjoy our article on good night quotes.
2.) “Everybody’s got to believe in something. I believe I’ll have another beer.” – W.C. Fields
You will also enjoy our article on drug quotes.
3.) “I drink to make other people more interesting.” – Ernest Hemingway
You will also enjoy our article on enemy quotes.
4.) “I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.” – Winston Churchill
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of party quotes to remind you that life is a party.
5.) “Either give me more wine or leave me alone.” – Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on addiction quotes.
6.) “Scientists announced that they have located the gene for alcoholism. Scientists say they found it at a party, talking way too loudly.” – Conan O’Brien
You will also enjoy our article on stoner quotes.
7.) “The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.” – Humphrey Bogart
You will also enjoy our article on beth dutton quotes.
8.) “The hard part about being a bartender is figuring out who is drunk and who is just stupid.” – Richard Braunstein
You will also enjoy our article on letterkenny quotes.
9.) “Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.” – Ernest Hemmingway
You will also enjoy our article on animal farm quotes.
10.) “First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you.” – Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald
You will also enjoy our article on domestic violence quotes.
11.) “One reason I don’t drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time.” – Lady Astor
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of whiskey quotes about the smooth alcoholic beverage.
Alcohol quotes that will make you want to go out and drink
12.) “War and drink are the two things man is never too poor to buy.” – William Faulkner
You will also enjoy our article on flirting quotes.
13.) “Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we’re looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn’t test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.” – P. J. O’Rourke
You will also enjoy our article on shrek quotes.
14.) “There is no bad whiskey. There are only some whiskeys that aren’t as good as others.” – Raymond Chandler
You will also enjoy our article on skincare quotes.
15.) “A man is a fool is he drinks before he reaches the age of 50, and a fool if he doesn’t afterward.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
You will also enjoy our article on Thursday quotes.
16.) “24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?” – Stephen Wright
You will also enjoy our article on Tinker Bell quotes.
17.) “If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose.” – Jack Handy
18.) “I drink when I have occasion … and sometimes when I have no occasion.” – Miguel De Cervantes
19.) “Drink because you are happy, but never because you are miserable.” – G.K. Chesterton
20.) “One martini is alright, two is too many, three is not enough.” – James Thurber
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of the best beer quotes for beer lovers.
Hilarious and insightful alcohol quotes
21.) “One can drink too much, but one never drinks enough.” – Edward Burke
22.) “I envy people who drink – at least they know what to blame everything on.” – Oscar Levant
23.) “Stay busy, get plenty of exercise, and don’t drink too much. Then again, don’t drink too little.” – Herman Smith- Johannsen
24.) “Here’s to alcohol, the rose colored glasses of life.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
25.) “In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is Freedom, in water there is bacteria.” – Benjamin Franklin
26.) “Drinking makes such fools of people, and people are such fools to begin with, that it’s compounding a felony.” – Robert Benchley
27.) “Drinking makes uninteresting people matter less and late at night, matter not at all.” – Lillian Hellman
28.) “The worst thing about some men is that when they are not drunk they are sober.” – William Butler Yeats
29.) “What’s drinking? A mere pause from thinking!” – George Gordon
30.) “I feel bad for people who don’t drink. When they wake up in the morning, that’s as good as they’re going to feel all day.” – Frank Sinatra
Alcohol quotes to get the party started
31.) “There comes a time in every woman’s life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne.” – Bette Davis
32.) “When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.” – Henny Youngman
33.) “Champagne for my real friends and real pain for my sham friends.” – Tom Waits
34.) “The first glass is for myself, the second for my friends, the third for good humor, and the fourth for my enemies.” – William Temple
35.) “I work until beer o’clock.” – Stephen King
36.) “If God had intended us to drink beer, he would have given us stomachs.” – David Daye
37.) “I try to convince myself that it’s the alcohol talking. But alcohol can’t talk. It just sits there. It can’t even get itself out of the bottle.” – David Levithan
38.) “A bottle of wine contains more philosophy than all the books in the world.” – Louis Pasteur
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of wine quotes to celebrate over your favorite glass.
39.) “I went to the worst of bars hoping to get killed but all I could do was to get drunk again.” – Charles Bukowski
40.) “What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?” – W. Clement Stone
Interesting alcohol and liquor quotes
41.) “A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.” – Albert Einstein
42.) “Not everyone who drinks is a poet. Some of us drink because we’re not poets.” – Dudley Moore
43.) “Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.” – Mark Twain
44.) “I like to have a martini. Two at the very most. After three I’m under the table. After four I’m under my host.” – Dorothy Parker
45.) “Drink today, and drown all sorrow; You shall perhaps not do it tomorrow; Best, while you have it, use your breath; There is no drinking after death.” – Ben Jonson
46.) “I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.” – Hunter S. Thompson
47.) “Better belly burst than good liquor be lost.” – Jonathan Swift
48.) “I like beer. On occasion, I will even drink beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of Communism or the fact that the refrigerator is still working.” – Dave Berry
49.) “Oh, you hate your job? Why didn’t you say so? You know there’s a support group for that. It’s called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.” – Drew Carey
50.) “There are two kinds of people I don’t trust: people who don’t drink and people who collect stickers.” – Chelsea Handler
Thought-provoking alcohol quotes
51. “A drunk man’s words are a sober man’s thoughts.” – Steve Fergosi
52. “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.” – Benjamin Franklin
53. “Drink washes off the daub and discovers the man.” – Thomas Fuller
54. “If you drink, don’t drive. Don’t even putt.” – Dean Martin
55. “Almost anything can be preserved in alcohol, except health, happiness, and money.” – Mary Wilson Little
56. “He that drinks fast, pays slow.” – Benjamin Franklin
57. “Drinking makes you happy with your body the way it is.” – Philip Rosenthal
58. “An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.” – Ernest Hemingway
59. “Wine is the most healthful and most hygienic of beverages.” – Louis Pasteur
60. “Never chase anything but drinks and dreams.” – Unknown
More alcohol quotes and sayings
61. “Alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, may produce all the effects of drunkenness.” – Oscar Wilde
62. “It’s a great advantage not to drink among hard drinking people.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
63. “Good people drink good beer.” – Hunter S. Thompson
64. “After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were. After the second, you see things as they are not. Finally, you see things as they really are, and that is the most horrible thing in the world.” – Oscar Wilde
65. “When you stop drinking, you have to deal with this marvelous personality that started you drinking in the first place.” – Jimmy Breslin
66. “Drinking wine is like using magic: there’s always a price to pay.” – Neel Burton
67. “Alcohol provides the only true escape, that’s why it still remains in such high demand.” – Robert Black
68. “New wine may please the eye, but the tongue always prefers the old.” – Sunny, Shambala Sect
69. “Some people are extroverts only when they are drunk.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
70. “Alcohol is the only drug on earth you have to justify not taking.” – Annie Grace
Alcohol quotes of varying opinions
71. “Alcohol gives you infinite patience for stupidity.” — Sammy Davis, Jr.
72. “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.” — Bob Marley
73. “I’m very serious about no alcohol, no drugs. Life is too beautiful.” — Jim Carrey
74. “I hate the taste of alcohol. When I’m drinking, I’m drinking Red Bull.” — Paris Hilton
75. “I am more afraid of alcohol than of all the bullets of the enemy.” — Stonewall Jackson
76. “Alcohol is the anesthesia by which we endure the operation of life.” — George Bernard Shaw
77. “There is more refreshment and stimulation in a nap, even of the briefest, than in all the alcohol ever distilled.” — Ovid
78. “Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or idealism.” — Carl Jung
79. “Let me be the first to tell you, drinking alcohol is the worst thing to do in cold weather. Hot soup is the best because the process of digesting food helps to warm you up.” — Morgan Freeman
80. “There are six components of wellness: proper weight and diet, proper exercise, breaking the smoking habit, control of alcohol, stress management and periodic exams.” — Kenneth H. Cooper
Alcohol Quotes from Historical Figures, Celebrities and More
81. “One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.” — George Carlin
82. “Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.” — Ogden Nash
83. “I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly.” —Ron Burgundy
84. “A man’s true character comes out when he’s drunk.” —Charlie Chaplin
85. “Beer, if drunk in moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health.” —Thomas Jefferson
86. “The more I drink, the less there is for the kids to drink.” —Phoebe Buffay
87. “Wine is sunlight, held together by water.” —Galileo
88. “Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.” —Ernest Hemingway
89. “In a study, scientists report that drinking beer can be good for the liver. I’m sorry, did I say ‘scientists’? I meant Irish people.” —Tina Fey
90. “They say as soon as you have to cut down on your drinking, you have a drinking problem.” —Don Draper
Sober alcohol quotes
91. “That’s all drugs and alcohol do, they cut off your emotions in the end.” -Ringo Starr
92. “The sway of alcohol over mankind is unquestionably due to its power to stimulate the mystical faculties of human nature, usually crushed to earth by the cold facts and dry criticisms of the sober hour.” -William James
93. “I don’t consume alcohol or colas. But I don’t judge people who do. People make their own decisions.” -Ayushmann Khurrana
94. “Alcohol is the worst enemy of the imagination.” -Patrick Kavanagh
95.”The good news is that parents are the leading influence on kids’ decision not to drink alcohol.” -Xavier Becerra
96. “Our national drug is alcohol. We tend to regard the use any other drug with special horror.” -William S. Burroughs
97. “I will drink alcohol socially. That’s really on the weekends.” -Romeo Santos
98. “Avoid using cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs as alternatives to being an interesting person.” -Marilyn vos Savant
99. “Alcohol decimated the working class and so many people.” -Martin Scorsese
100. “Mankind: A quality of life upgrade is available to each and every one of you. It should give you a quality of life upgrade, which means no drugs, no alcohol, no fast food – unless, of course, it’s a mallard.” -Ted Nugent
Funny Alcohol Quotes
101.“The best thing is the combined effect of nicotine with alcohol, greater than the sum of the two parts.” ― Sebastian Faulks
102. “Alcohol is man’s universal translator.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
103. “Three ounces of any remedy containing 78 percent alcohol can, under special circumstances, induce miracles – to this I can attest.” ― Rena Gazaway
104. “In alcohol’s defence, I’ve done some idiotic shit sober.” ― Mark Millar
105. “We want ecstasy as a way of life, not a liver-poisoning alcoholiday from it.” ― Crimethinc
106. “Ive created a new drink! I’m calling it the Piñata Colada! Its sweet and tasty, but when you wake up the next morning your head feels like its been hitten with a stick.” ― José N. Harris
107. “Alcohol, I had learned, was an eloquent if somewhat inaccurate interpreter. I had placed my trust that December night in glass after glass of it, eager not for drink but for a bit of talk. ” ― Monique Truong
108. “Nothing uses up alcohol faster than political argument.” ― Robert A. Heinlein
109. “To a drinker the sensation is real and pure and akin to something spiritual: you seek; in the bottle, you find.” ― Caroline Knapp
110. “It is sad that people need alcohol to make them happy.” ― Habeeb Akande
Short Funny Alcohol Quotes
111. “Alcohol removes inhibitions – like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: “Now bring on that damn cat!” — Eleanor Early
112. “Alcohol is necessary for a man so that he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts.” — Finley Peter Dunne
113. “When we drink we get drunk. When we get drunk we fall asleep. When we fall asleep we commit no sin. When we commit no sin we go to heaven. Sooooo, let’s all get drunk and go to heaven!” — Brian O’Rourke
114. “I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.” — W.C. Fields
115. “Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer.” — Al Bundy
116. “Here’s to alcohol, the cause of — and solution to — all life’s problems.” — Homer Simpson
117. “I always take Scotch whiskey at night as a preventive of toothache. I have never had the toothache; and what is more, I never intend to have it.” — Mark Twain
118. “Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance.” — Benjamin Franklin
119. “You say potato, I say vodka.” — Karen Walker, Will & Grace
120. “Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.” — Ron Swanson
Alcohol Quotes To Remind You Of The Thrills
121. “I’m not a great pothead or anything like that… but weed is much, much less dangerous than alcohol.” ― Johnny Depp
122. “I don’t drink these days. I am allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs.” ― Robert Downey, Jr.
123. “Alcohol kills slowly. Good, I’m in no hurry.” ― Coluche
124. “There was a thing called Heaven; but all the same they used to drink enormous quantities of alcohol.” ― Aldous Huxley
125. “It is clear to me that my life has become completely unmanageable because I am addicted to alcohol and drugs.” ― Lindsay Lohan
126. “Tobacco and alcohol, delicious fathers of abiding friendships and fertile reveries.” ― Luis Bunuel
127. “It did occur to me that the effect of good literature may be as dizzying as that of alcohol.” ― Pamela Dean
128. “It was an arranged marriage, put together by drugs and alcohol.” ― Tom Papa
129. “People are saying that I’m an alcoholic, and that’s not true, because I only drink when I work, and I’m a workaholic.” ― Ron White
130. “No doubt alcohol, tobacco, and so forth, are things that a saint must avoid; but sainthood is also a thing that human beings must avoid.” ― George Orwell
Alcohol Quotes To Encourage Sorberness
131. “Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.” ― Jay Bylsmao
132. “99% of all problems can be solved by money — and for the other 1% there’s alcohol.” ― Quentin R. Bufogle
133. “Happiness is having a rare steak, a bottle of whisky and a dog to eat the rare steak.” — Johnny Carson
134. “Drunkenness is nothing but voluntary madness.” — Seneca
135. “Talking to a drunk person was like talking to an extremely happy, severely brain-damaged three-year-old.” — John Green
136. “My doctor told me to watch my drinking. Now I drink in front of a mirror.” ― Rodney Dangerfield
137. “They say the only people who tell the truth are drunkards and children. Guess which one I am.” ― Stephen Colbert
138. “Alcohol was for people who basically wished to be dead but lacked the courage to kill themselves.”― MacDonald Harris
139. “Wine is the spiritual part of a meal. Meat and vegetables are just the material part.” — Alexandre Dumas
140. “In 1969, I gave up women and alcohol – it was the worst 20 minutes of my life.” — George Best
Funny Alcohol Quotes To Get Tipsy
141. “Maybe alcohol picks you up a little bit, but it sure lets you down in a hurry.” ― Betty Ford
142. “Do not seek solace in alcohol. Alcohol obscures good judgement and leaves you unable t think clearly, or understand what God is trying to say to you.” ― Billy Graham
143. “Alcohol is like love; the first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that, you just take the girl’s clothes off.” ― Raymond Chandler
144. “Alcohol is a good preservative for everything but brains.” ― Mary Pettibone Poole
145. “Alcohol is like Photoshop for real life.” ― Will Ferrell
146. “If the headache would only precede the intoxication, alcoholism would be a virtue.” ― Samuel Butler
147. “I am glad now, at age sixty-six that I never used alcohol or tobacco. I’ve buried a lot of friends who used tobacco or alcohol.” ― Jerry Falwell
148. “The chief reason for drinking is the desire to behave in a certain way, and to be able to blame it on alcohol.” ― Mignon McLaughlin
149. “Alcohol may be used for medicine, but it can also become a terrible drug.” ― Billy Graham
150. “There are better things in life than alcohol, but alcohol makes up for not having them,” ― Terry Pratchett
Which of these epic alcohol quotes makes you want to go out drinking the most?
These hilarious quips and insightful words about drinking alcohol will make you thirsty for some booze.
Raise your glass in celebration and remember your wildest drunken night.
As long as you enjoy it responsibly, alcohol can lift your spirits and boost your social confidence.
If you like drinking and being drunk, these alcohol quotes will entertain you.
Quotes from famous drinkers and crazy celebrities are a guaranteed way to get the party started.
You’ll be inspired to drink and dance all night after you read these incredible sayings about alcohol.
Whether you like beer, wine, or liquor, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
Share these alcohol quotes and sayings with all of your drinking buddies and motivate them to have a good time.
What are your favorite quotes about drinking alcohol and getting drunk?
Let us know in the comment section below.
December 30, 2022 5:00 AM EST