To learn more about what it means to Minister to others, check out these quotes on Ministry.
Ministry is the calling of God, and while it can be in many different ways, it is based on sharing the love and story of God so that He can be glorified through your actions.
You might also like these related articles:
You do not have to have a large organization to minister to others; you just have to have a serving heart.
Here are some Ministry ideas for you:
- Serve your family and friends in big and small ways.
- Help a stranger with a project.
- Give tithes and offerings so that the message can be spread.
- Share the message of God with others.
- Missionary work.
- Perform acts of service for community members.
Take a look at these quotes on Ministry to learn more about ministering to others.
Ministry Quotes to Inspire You
Take a minute to read these inspirational ministry-centered quotes.
1. “The true character of ministry is a servant’s heart.” — Harold Warner
2. “Ministry that costs nothing, accomplishes nothing.” — John Henry Jowett
3. “Your ministry will never be bigger than your vision of Jesus.” — Patty Hammond
4. “It is a ministry of presence. It is showing up with a loving heart.” — Kate Braestrup
5. “Use your ministry to build people, not people to build your ministry.” — Jacquelyn K. Heasley
6. “On this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.” — Matthew 16:18
7. “One of the hardest jobs in ministry is keeping your own relationship with God where it needs to be.” — Harold J. Warner
8. “Let every man abide in the calling wherein he is called, and his work will be as sacred as the work of the ministry.” — A.W. Tozer
9. “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” — Ephesians 2:10
10. “I also pray for favor and His anointing on my life and ministry that I might have spiritual blessing when I minister to people.” — Pat Robertson
Ministry Quotes About God Working Through You
Every Christian is called to minister, and through the Holy Spirit, God can work through you.
11. “Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will do this.” — Psalm 37:5
12. “God uses men who are weak and feeble enough to lean on him.” — Hudson Taylor
13. “Preach the gospel at all times; when necessary, use words.” — St. Francis of Assisi
14. “God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” — Billy Graham
15. “I used to ask God to help me. Then I asked if I might help Him to do His work through me.” — Hudson Taylor
16. “It is not what a man does that determines whether his work is sacred or secular, it is why he does it.” — A.W. Tozer
17. “If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him.” — Charles Studd
18. “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” — Galatians 6:9
19. “Though not everyone can attend seminary, every Christian has a seminary between two covers – the Holy Bible.” — David Jeremiah
20. “Shepherd the flock of God among you, exercising oversight not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for sordid gain, but with eagerness;” — 1 Peter 5:2
You will also enjoy our article on salvation quotes.
Ministry Quotes About Sermons
Sermons are a main part of many people’s ministries.
21. “The world does not need sermons; it needs a message.” — Oswald J. Smith
22. “The deeds you do may be the only sermon some persons will hear today.” — Francis of Assisi
23. “If I had only one sermon to preach, it would be a sermon against pride.” — G.K. Chesterton
24. “If preachers decide to preach about hope, let them preach out of what they themselves hope for.” — Frederick Buechner
25. “I preached myself; the scholars came and praised me. I preached Christ, the sinners came and thanked me.” — Bernard of Clairvaux
26. “The Sermon on the Mount is a statement of the life we will live when the Holy Spirit is having His way with us.” — Oswald Chambers
27. “It is a poor sermon that gives no offense; that neither makes the hearer displeased with himself nor with the preacher.” — George Whitefield
28. “Wherever we see the Word of God purely preached and heard, there a church of God exists, even if it swarms with many faults.” — John Calvin
29. “All the simplicity in the world can do no good unless you preach the simple gospel of Jesus Christ so fully and clearly that everybody can understand it.” — J.C. Ryle
30. “Listen to the sermon preached to you by the flowers, the trees, the shrubs, the sky, and the whole world. Notice how they preach to you a sermon full of love, of praise of God, and how they invite you to glorify the sublimity of that sovereign Artist who has given them being.” — Paul of the cross
Best Ministry Quotes
Here are some of the best quotes all about ministry.
31. “If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.” — Mother Teresa
32. “Do not expect long-established groups to attract new members!” — Lyle Schaller
33. “Today’s church prays for safety. The early church prayed for boldness.” — Perry Noble
34. “No vocation on this side of heaven is as privileged or rewarding as Christian ministry.” — Joel Beeke
35. “Our goal in life is to bring the Kingdom of God to people and help change their lives.” — Sunday Adelaja
36. “And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” — Philippians 4:19
37. “Here is a trustworthy saying: If anyone sets his heart on being an overseer, he desires a noble task.” — 1 Timothy 3:1
38. “I would have every minister of the gospel address his audience with the zeal of a friend, with the generous energy of a father, and with the exuberant affection of a mother.” — Francois Fenelon
39. “Let every preacher take note: Amid the frustrations and hardships of ministry, the most Christ-like thing is to stay focused on your calling, give thanks to God, and go on preaching the Gospel.” — Joel Beeke
40. “As I look back over fifty years of ministry, I recall innumerable tests, trials, and times of crushing pain. But through it all, the Lord has proven faithful, loving, and totally true to all his promises.” — David Wilkerson
Ministry Quotes About Missionaries
Enjoy these quotes about missionaries and mission fields.
41. “The church that does not evangelize will fossilize.” — Oswald J. Smith
42. “It is not God who does not call. It is man who will not respond!” — Isobel Kuhn
43. “Prayer is the mighty engine that is to move the missionary work.” — A.B. Simpson
44. “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.” — Jim Elliot
45. “Missions is the hard rock cure to the American church’s easy-listening habit.” — Paul Davis
46. “What’s your dream, and to what corner of the missions world will it take you?” — Eleanor Roat
47. “I believe that in each generation God has called enough men and women to evangelize all the yet unreached tribes of the earth.” — Isobel Kuhn
48. “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,” — Matthew 28:19
49. “If there be anything about which we cannot tolerate lukewarmness, it is in the matter of sending the gospel to a dying world.” — Charles Spurgeon
50. “Never pity missionaries; envy them. They are where the real action is — where life and death, sin and grace, Heaven, and Hell converge.” — Robert C. Shannon
Is the Act of Ministry Just Telling People About God?
Ministry is not only telling people about God but also acts of physical or emotional service to others.
You can minister to others simply by showing them the love of God by helping them with tasks or through hard times.
Share these quotes on Ministry with your family and friends, and post any comments about Ministering to others in the comment section below.