Dive into these Linkin Park quotes from the iconic rock band.
Linkin Park is one of the most successful rock bands of all time.
Our Linkin Park quotes are perfect for fans and anyone looking to learn more about the band.
You may also enjoy these related articles:
Who is Linkin Park?
Linkin Park is a rock band from Agoura Hills, California.
They were formed in 1996 and had their first internationally successful album in 2000 when they dropped their debut, Hybrid Theory.
Check out these interesting Linkin Park facts below:
- Linkin Park was initially called Xero.
- Before getting signed, Linkin Park was rejected for record deals forty-four times.
- Linkin Park changed their name from Lincoln Park to avoid legal problems with another band.
The band has had a few different members over the years, including Mike Shinoda (guitar/keyboard), Brad Delson (guitar), Dave Ferrell (bass), Joe Hahn (DJ), Rob Bourdon (drums), Mark Wakefield (vocals) and Chester Bennington (vocals).
Where did the name Linkin Park come from?
Linkin Park used to be called Xero and also Hybrid Theory.
However, they decided to change their name due to a dispute about a domain name with another band.
They got the idea from a park in their hometown in California and modified the spelling.
This choice was brilliant because it connected their name to local towns nationwide.
There are Lincoln Parks in almost every state of the nation, so when DJs would play their music on the radio, people thought they were listening to bands from their hometowns.
This serendipitous act resulted in helping Linkin Park skyrocket to the top of the music charts.
What happened to Chester Bennington?
Linkin Park amassed a large global following because fans relate to their content.
Linkin Park is not afraid of making music that addresses mental health issues, depression, anxiety, or low self-esteem.
Some would categorize their music as dark and full of sadness.
The band dealt with tough times when one of Bennington’s friends, singer Chis Cornell committed suicide.
Things got worse when the world learned that vocalist Chester Bennington took his life on July 20, 2017, by hanging himself in California.
Fans were shocked, and thousands came out to support the funeral ceremony.
The service included musical tributes from artists who performed with Linkin Park.
To learn more, check out our Linkin Park quotes below.
Check out our collection of Radiohead quotes if you enjoy this article.
Short Linkin Park quotes about starting over when life breaks down
Fans of Linkin Park admire how their content addresses finding strength in life’s moments that we have to recover from.
1. “Against my will, I stand beside my own reflection.” – Linkin Park, Crawling
2. “All I want to do, is be more like me and less like you.” – Linkin Park, Numb
3. “The hardest part of ending is starting again.” – Linkin Park, Waiting for the End
4. “Even those who never frown eventually break down.” – Linkin Park, Pushing Me Away
5. “I got a heart full of pain, head full of stress, handful of anger, held in my chest.” – Linkin Park, Nobody’s Listening
The top Linkin Park quotes about losing it all from the pressures of life
Linkin Park did a lot to encourage normalizing the discussion regarding the importance of mental health.
6. “I had to fall to lose it all, but in the end, it doesn’t even matter.” – Linkin Park, In The End
7. “I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn’t even matter.” – Linkin Park, In The End
8. “God bless us, everyone. We’re broken people living under a loaded gun.” – Linkin Park, The Catalyst
9. “Sometimes beginnings aren’t so simple, sometimes goodbye’s the only way.” – Linkin Park, Shadow of the Day
10. “The sun doesn’t give light to the moon, assuming the moon’s gonna owe it one.” – Linkin Park, A Place For My Head
Linkin Park quotes and sayings about finding somewhere you belong
The band amassed a large fan base by providing a voice for many who felt voiceless.
11. “I’ll face myself to cross out what I’ve become, erase myself, and let go of what I’ve done.” – Linkin Park
12. “I want to find something I’ve wanted all along, Somewhere I belong.” – Linkin Park, Somewhere I Belong
13. “Time won’t heal this damage anymore. Don’t turn your back on me; I won’t be ignored.” – Linkin Park, Faint
14. “Everything you say to me takes me one step closer to the edge, and I’m about to break.” – Linkin Park, One Step Closer
15. “I’m strong on the surface, not all the way through. I’ve never been perfect, but neither have you.” – Linkin Park, Leave Out All The Rest
Linkin Park quotes about feeling numb in an overstimulated world
Here are some of Linkin Park’s most memorable lines.
16. “I’ve become so tired, so much more aware.” — Linkin Park, Numb
17. “I’ve become so numb, I can’t feel you there.” — Linkin Park, Numb
18. “Waiting for the end to come, wishing I had strength to stand, this is not what I had planned, It’s out of my control.” – Linkin Park, Waiting For The End
19. “It’s easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb. It’s so much easier to go than face all this pain here all alone.” – Linkin Park, Easier To Run
20. “Things aren’t the way they were before; you wouldn’t even recognize me anymore. Not that you knew me back then, but it all comes back to me in the end.” – Linkin Park, In The End
The best quotes from Linkin Park about becoming whole again
Sometimes life breaks us down so we can be rebuilt and come back stronger.
21. “Do I trust some and get fooled by phoniness, or do I trust no one and live in loneliness?” – Linkin Park, By Myself
22. “Sometimes I remember the darkness of my past, bringing back these memories I wish I didn’t have.” – Linkin Park, Easier To Run
23. “When my time comes, forget the wrong that I’ve done. Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed.” – Linkin Park, Leave Out All The Rest
24. “Take me down to the river bend; take me down to the fighting end. Wash the poison from off my skin, and show me how to be whole again.” – Linkin Park, Castle Of Glass
25. “Memories consume, like opening the wound, I’m picking me apart again. You all assume I’m safe here in my room unless I try to start again.” – Linkin Park, Breaking The Habit
Does Linkin Park still tour or make music?
Since the death of band member Chester Bennington, the band has been on hiatus.
They last released the album One More Light in 2017.
In an interview, Mike Shinoda said the band communicates every few weeks, but “there are no tours, there’s no music, there are no albums down the pipeline.”
With the twentieth anniversary of their album Meteora, fans have asked for new content.
Recently, when asked, Shinoda said, “There are certain things that are going to be on the table, certain things that are off the table.”
He also noted, “I don’t think there’s very much to say is off the table.
Touring is the only thing off the table.
We’re not touring right now.”
Fans are rejoicing about the prospect of new Linkin Park music and material!
What is your favorite Linkin Park song?
Do you have a favorite Linkin Park quote?
Be sure to let us know in the comments below.