While many known him as the pastor of a megachurch, there is a lot more to Joel Ostenn than meets the eye. Looking for inspirational Joel Osteen quotes on love, life, and destiny? We’ve got a powerful collection for you to enjoy.
Past famous preachers were Billy Graham and Jimmy Swaggart, but for the past 20 years, Joel Osteen has been the most influential preacher in the United States. Joel Osteen is the senior pastor at the Lakewood Church, which is the largest church in Houston, Texas. People travel from all over the US to hear Joel preach on Sunday, and over 7,000,000 million people tune in worldwide each week.
Joel is also known for his best selling books; Think Better, Live Better, The Power Of I Am, I Declare, Your Best Life Begins Each Morning, Fresh Start, You Can, You Will, Become a Better You and Wake Up To A Better You.
We had fun searching the web for our favorite motivational Joel Osteen quotes about life, love and the most high!
Also check out these inspirational Rick Warren quotes for living a better life.
Joel Osteen Quotes To Inspire Your Higher Power
1. “Don’t go into the new year holding a grudge from last year. Leave the hurts and disappointments behind.” – Joel Osteen
This Joel Osteen quote in Practice: Whether it’s a new year or a new day, we cannot move forward if we are stuck in the past. We cannot move forward and stand still at the same time. We have to choose one. Ask yourself, “How does carrying this baggage benefit me?” “If I could let go of this baggage, would I?”
2. “Don’t just accept whatever comes your way in life. You were born to win; you were born for greatness; you were created to be a champion in life.” – Joel Osteen
This Joel Osteen quote in Practice: Be selective. Know who you are. Have standards. Just because something is right in front of you, doesn’t mean it’s meant for you. Develop the qualities of a winner and begin to see yourself as a winner. You were not born to be average. Like all things in nature, you were born with a purpose to push things forward. Do your part and do the best you can.
Joel Osteen Quotes on Moving Forward
3. “Don’t live worried, frustrated or upset because of what somebody did or what didn’t work out. Come back to a place of peace. It’s not going to work against you; it’s going to work for you.” – Joel Osteen
This Joel Osteen quote in Practice: What are 3 things you’ve learned in the past 6 months? What were the life lessons? What circumstances taught you these lessons? Everything that happens to you is here to teach you something. Are you applying what you’re learning? Things didn’t work out? Look at the person next you…things didn’t always work out for them either. Keep learning, keep growing and keep moving forward.
4. “Don’t waste your energy trying to convince people to understand you. Your time is too valuable to try to prove yourself to people.” – Joel Osteen
This Joel Osteen quote in Practice: People hear what they want to hear and see what they want to see. Don’t take it personal. If you’re looking to achieve goals and do things differently in your life, most people will not understand. Most people will see you for who you were and not who you’re becoming. If you can live with being misunderstood, then you will be able to move forward.
Joel Osteen quotes on life and loving others
5. “Encouragement to others is something everyone can give. Somebody needs what you have to give. It may not be your money; it may be your time. It may be your listening ear. It may be your arms to encourage. It may be your smile to uplift. Who knows?” – Joel Osteen
This Joel Osteen quote in Practice: Take a second and think about a moment when someone encouraged you. When someone helped you see your problem or situation in a new light, from a new perspective. Think about how powerful those words were. People need to be heard and affirmed. And, the best part about that is no matter where you are financially, you can provide that to someone who needs it. How would our ability to touch and impact the lives of others grow if we dedicated all of our communication towards listening and uplifting. How much would that cost you?
6. “Every day we have plenty of opportunities to get angry, stressed or offended. But what you’re doing when you indulge these negative emotions is giving something outside yourself power over your happiness. You can choose to not let little things upset you.” – Joel Osteen
This Joel Osteen quote in Practice: Every day there will be 100 reasons to be upset, 100 reasons to feel overwhelmed and 100 instances where you feel taken advantage of, hurt or slighted. This is part of the human experience. What is also part of the human experience is our choice in response. As you know but it’s worth repeating, you can’t control what any one else says or does. But what you have full control over is how you interpret the situation, respond and what you decided to focus on. Whatever you focus on the longest, grows the strongest.
7. “God wants you to have a good life, a life filled with love, joy, peace, and fulfillment. That doesn’t mean it will always be easy, but it does mean that it will always be good.” – Joel Osteen
This Joel Osteen quote in Practice: Most people can’t recognize the good life when they have it. The good life doesn’t mean a life free of problems, conflict, setbacks and drama. The good life doesn’t mean that every day is perfect and you have somehow transcended over all negativity. I believe, the good life, is simply when you are able to recognize all the good in your life – where ever and whenever that is. The good life grows, when you build on what is already good and working in your life. Pay attention to whats working for you, then work it!
8. “God will always bring the right people into your life, but you have to let the wrong people walk away.” – Joel Osteen
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of walk away quotes to help you find the motivation and courage you need to change your life.
This Joel Osteen quote in Practice: We have the ability to go out and meet great people all the time. Whether it’s at a meet up, a course we’re taking, school, work, volunteering for a cause we care about – there is no shortage of great people. However, we will never get a chance to meet them if we are caught in a pattern of hanging around the people who don’t help move our life forward.
9. “God would not have put a dream in your heart if He had not already given you everything you need to fulfill it.” – Joel Osteen
This Joel Osteen quote in Practice: Imagine if you truly believed that the dreams and goals you have were given to you for the sole purpose of accomplishing them. Dreams and goals and are not just fleeting moments of inspiration. If acted upon, these moments can help us create a life that is exciting and fulfilling. Take inventory on yourself and your life. What do you spend most of your time thinking about? What experience do you already have in that area? What strengths do you have in that area? Who could you call today who might be able to give you so helpful advice? What are 2-3 classes you can take? Or books you can read? You have everything you need to get everything you want.
10. “I believe if you keep your faith, you keep your trust, you keep the right attitude, if you’re grateful, you’ll see God open up new doors.” – Joel Osteen
This Joel Osteen quote in Practice: We will never be able to recognize opportunities if we first don’t recognize all that we have and all that we’ve been given. How often do you pray or meditate? When things get tough, what are some things you tell yourself? How often do you just sit back and reflect on all the things that are working in your life? Make it a daily practice to do so.
Joel Osteen quotes on faith and success
11. “If you have your health, if you have people in your life to love, you are blessed. Slow down and enjoy the simple things in life.” – Joel Osteen
12. “If you want success, if you want wisdom, if you want to be prosperous and healthy, you’re going to have to do more than meditate and believe; you must boldly declare words of faith and victory over yourself and your family.” – Joel Osteen
13. “You will never change what you tolerate.” – Joel Osteen
14. “You’re going to go through tough times – that’s life. But I say, ‘Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.’ See the positive in negative events.” – Joel Osteen
15. “It may look like the difficulty is going to defeat you. But you need to keep telling yourself, “This sickness can’t take my life.” “This cancer can’t defeat me.” “No bad break, no disappointment, no accident can shorten one second of my divine destiny.” – Joel Osteen
16. “It’s our faith that activates the power of God.” – Joel Osteen
17. “Keep in mind, just because you don’t know the answer doesn’t mean that one does not exist. You simply haven’t discovered it yet.” – Joel Osteen
18. “Life’s too short to spend it trying to keep others happy. You can’t please everyone. To fulfill your destiny, stay true to your heart.” – Joel Osteen
19. “You may think there is a lot wrong with you, but there is also a lot right with you.” – Joel Ostee
Joel Osteen quotes on love and hope
20. “Make the decision and say, “I’m not letting that worry in. I’m done being upset when my plans don’t work out. I’m not letting that stress in.” Negative thoughts will still come to your mind, but you don’t have to let them into your spirit.” – Joel Osteen
21. “No matter what’s happening, choose to be happy. Don’t focus on what’s wrong. Find something positive in your life. Thank God for the small things.” – Joel Osteen
22. “Nothing in life has happened to you. It’s happened for you. Every disappointment. Every wrong. Even every closed door has helped make you into who you are.” – Joel Osteen
23. “See, when you drive home today, you’ve got a big windshield on the front of your car. And you’ve got a little bitty rearview mirror. And the reason the windshield is so large and the rearview mirror is so small is because what’s happened in your past is not near as important as what’s in your future.” – Joel Osteen
24. “Start believing today that things are going to change for the better. Your best days are still out in front of you.” – Joel Osteen
25. “Start calling yourself healed, happy, whole, blessed, and prosperous. Stop talking to God about how big your mountains are, and start talking to your mountains about how big your God is!” – Joel Osteen
26. “Stones of judgment, discouragement or doubt may be thrown at you. You can’t stop them, but you can make the choice to keep your walls up and not let them affect you.” – Joel Osteen
27. “There is a winner in you. You were created to be successful, to accomplish your goals, to leave your mark on this generation. You have greatness in you. The key is to get it out.” – Joel Osteen
28. “To live your best life now, you must learn to trust God’s timing, you may not think He’s working, but you can be sure that right now, behind the scenes, God is arranging all the pieces to come together to work out His plan for your life.” – Joel Osteen
Joel Osteen quotes to inspire positivity
29. “When you face adversity, you need to remind yourself that whatever is trying to defeat you could very well be what God will use to promote you.” – Joel Osteen
30. “You can change your world by changing your words… Remember, death and life are in the power of the tongue.” – Joel Osteen
31. “When you go through enough dark places, you don’t complain about little things. You don’t lose your joy because you got stuck in traffic; you don’t get offended because a coworker was rude to you. You’ve been through too much to let that sour you.” – Joel Osteen
32. “You cannot expect to live a positive life if you hang with negative people.” – Joel Osteen
33. “Love overlooks a person’s faults. That’s not always easy, but love believes the best in every person. Anybody can return evil for evil, but God wants His people to help heal wounded hearts.” – Joel Osteen
34. “You cannot expect victory and plan for defeat.” – Joel Osteen
35. “You cannot hang out with negative people and expect to live a positive life.” – Joel Osteen
36. “The more you talk about negative things in your life, the more you call them in. Speak victory not defeat.” – Joel Osteen
37. “You have to come to your closed doors before you get to your open doors… What if you knew you had to go through 32 closed doors before you got to your open door? Well, then you’d come to closed door number eight and you’d think, ‘Great, I got another one out of the way’… Keep moving forward.” – Joel Osteen
38. “Don’t worry about your future or how you’re going to accomplish a dream. God has already lined up what you need.” – Joel Osteen
39. “All of us can look back and see things that should have defeated us. You’re still standing. That’s the goodness of God.” – Joel Osteen
40. “You are strong, blessed, healthy, redeemed. You are God’s masterpiece.” – Joel Osteen
Joel Osteen quotes that will make your day
41. “We may get knocked down on the outside, but the key to living in victory is to learn how to get up on the inside.” – Joel Osteen
42. “The best is yet to come. Keep dreaming, hoping and planning.” – Joel Osteen
43. “Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you’re going to live your life.” – Joel Osteen
44. “People respond when you tell them there is a great future in front of you, you can leave your past behind.” – Joel Osteen
45. “There may be times when you just have to love people from a distance.” – Joel Osteen
46. “You’re not really free until you’re free from trying to please everybody.” – Joel Osteen
47. “The life in front of you is far more important than the life behind you.” – Joel Osteen
48. “Once this day is over we can never get it back. Your time is too valuable to waste it being upset.” ~ Joel Osteen
49. “When you focus on being a blessing, God makes sure you are always blessed in abundance.” ~ Joel Osteen
50. “Life happens to all of us. Don’t use delays, interruptions or unfair situations as an excuse to get upset. Release control.” ~ Joel Osteen
Other inspirational Joel Osteen quotes
51. “Learn to trust His timing. Don’t get in a hurry; don’t grow impatient; don’t try to force doors open. Don’t try to make things happen in your own strength. Let God do it His way.” – Joel Osteen
52. “When you face difficult times, know that challenges are not sent to destroy you. They’re sent to promote, increase and strengthen you.” – Joel Osteen
53. “You were created to make somebody else’s life better. Somebody needs your smile. They need your love, your encouragement & your gifts.” – Joel Osteen
54. “Not every person is going to understand you and that’s okay. They have a right to their opinion and you have every right to ignore it.” – Joel Osteen
55. “Don’t use your words to describe the situation. Use your words to change the situation.” – Joel Osteen
56. “Difficult times don’t come your way just so you can survive them; God uses these times in your life to form and refine you.” – Joel Osteen
57. “Every day, set your mind in the right direction. Find something to be grateful for.” – Joel Osteen
58. “There will always be somebody more successful, more beautiful, more talented. You have to realize, you’re not running their race. You’re running your race.” – Joel Osteen
59. “Your destiny is not cancelled because of a mistake, because of a failure. Get back up and go again.” – Joel Osteen
60. “Your destiny is too great, your assignment too important, your time too valuable. Don’t let fear intimidate you.” – Joel Osteen
Your Words Become Your Reality – Joel Osteen
Which Joel Osteen quotes were your favorite?
Joel Osteen’s simple, yet practical style of preaching inspires hope and encouragement. He’s one of the most watched inspirational figures in America, and God has truly used him to bless many.
Hopefully, your life will be transformed through these inspirational quotes from the ‘The Smiling Preacher’.
Did you enjoy these Joel Osteen quotes? What other Joel Osteen quotes would you add to the list? Tell us in the comment section below! Also, don’t forget to share these words of wisdom with your friends and loved ones.
May 5, 2019 9:00 AM EST