While many know him as the pastor of a megachurch, there is a lot more to Joel Osteen than meets the eye.
Looking for inspirational Joel Osteen quotes on love, life, and destiny?
We’ve got a powerful collection for you to enjoy.
Past famous preachers were Billy Graham and Jimmy Swaggart, but for the past 20 years, Joel Osteen has been the most influential preacher in the United States.
Joel Osteen is the senior pastor at the Lakewood Church, which is the largest church in Houston, Texas.
People travel from all over the US to hear Joel preach on Sunday, and over 7,000,000 million people tune in worldwide each week.
Joel is also known for his best selling books; Think Better, Live Better, The Power Of I Am, I Declare, Your Best Life Begins Each Morning, Fresh Start, You Can, You Will, Become a Better You and Wake Up To A Better You.
We had fun searching the web for our favorite motivational Joel Osteen quotes about life, love and the most high!
Enjoy and spread the love!
Also, check out these inspirational Rick Warren quotes for living a better life.
If you love this quote collection, read out our most popular quote article about short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Joel Osteen Quotes To Inspire Your Higher Power
1. “It’s our faith that activates the power of God.” – Joel Osteen
Everyday Application: There is an immense amount of power that comes along with our belief in something. If you believe it than you can achieve it. The same can be said about the faithful.
2. “You will never change what you tolerate.” – Joel Osteen
Everyday Application: We teach people how to treat us. Nothing will change if you tolerate it, because if it is easier (or better) for someone to continue in their current manner, then they will. Stop tolerating things that you should not and let other’s know how you expect to be treated!
3. “You cannot expect to live a positive life if you hang with negative people.” – Joel Osteen
Everyday Application: Many motivational speakers like Jim Rohn have pointed out that we are heavily influenced by the people we surround ourselves with. Negativity spreads, and if you are surrounded by negative people, then it will be next to impossible to focus on the good things in life. Choose your circle wisely!
You will also enjoy our article on thank God quotes.
4. “You may think there is a lot wrong with you, but there is also a lot right with you.” – Joel Osteen
Everyday Application: No one is perfect. And we should be aware of the things that we can do to improve ourselves. However, none of those things take away from the fact that you are unique human with a purpose on this planet!
5. “God will always bring the right people into your life, but you have to let the wrong people walk away.” – Joel Osteen
Everyday Application: Identifying the people who bring negativity, drama, or other negative things into your world is an important step in improving your life. Have faith that the right people will come into your orbit, but be strong enough to know who to walk away from!
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of walk away quotes to help you find the motivation and courage you need to change your life.
6. “You cannot expect victory and plan for defeat.” – Joel Osteen
Everyday Application: The way you expend your energy out into the universe matters. Is your brain focusing on what you have to lose, what could go wrong, or why something won’t work? If it is, then that is most likely what you are going to find. Ask yourself instead, what you have to gain if it works, what are the best case outcomes, and think of the possibilities! Mindset matters!
7. “You cannot hang out with negative people and expect to live a positive life.” – Joel Osteen
Everyday Application: When you surround yourself with people who complain, blame, and avoid responsibility for their choices, you can’t help but have some of that rub off on you. Negative people also give advice that might hold you back. If you want to live a positive life, start by letting go of your own negativity and separating yourself from negative people!
8. “You are strong, blessed, healthy, redeemed. You are God’s masterpiece.” – Joel Osteen
Everyday Application: If you dug deep into your life you would likely realize that you are stronger than you think. Practicing gratitude will remind you that you are more blessed than you realize. Do you what you can to keep your body and mind healthy. Forgive yourself and others. Live the life you were meant to!
9. “There may be times when you just have to love people from a distance.” – Joel Osteen
Everyday Application: Sometimes, the people we love are not healthy for us to be around. This is one of the hardest things to come to term with. You can still love a person, but know that you not have them in your orbit. Don’t feel guilty about cutting ties with toxic people. You have to look out for your mental health and well-being!
10. “The best is yet to come. Keep dreaming, hoping and planning.” – Joel Osteen
Everyday Application: The future can not be predicted. However, dreaming, hoping, and planning is a great strategy for manifesting the life of your dreams. What actions will you take today that move you closer to living the life you envision?
11. “Don’t go into the new year holding a grudge from last year. Leave the hurts and disappointments behind.” – Joel Osteen
Everyday Application: Holding a grudge doesn’t hurt the other person. It just poisons you from the inside. Every time you recall the reason for your grudge, you are bringing about stress on your body. The other person is likely living their life unaware about the anguish you are experiencing.
12. “Don’t just accept whatever comes your way in life. You were born to win; you were born for greatness; you were created to be a champion in life.” – Joel Osteen
Everyday Application: You might not be able to control all the things that come your way in life. However, your behavior and choices do bring about certain consequences (both good and bad). Believe that you were born to win, and make as many choices as you can with that belief in mind.
Joel Osteen Quotes on Moving Forward
13. “Don’t live worried, frustrated or upset because of what somebody did or what didn’t work out. Come back to a place of peace. It’s not going to work against you; it’s going to work for you.” – Joel Osteen
Everyday Application: Worry, frustration, and anger eat at you. These emotions release cortisol and increase your stress. Stress will kill you. Don’t minimize your emotions, but don’t allow them to fester. meditation is one way that you can bring yourself back to a place of peace.
14. “Don’t waste your energy trying to convince people to understand you. Your time is too valuable to try to prove yourself to people.” – Joel Osteen
Everyday Application: Your energy is a precious resource. Use it for things that move you closer to your goals and dreams. It truly doesn’t matter what other people think.
Joel Osteen quotes on life and loving others
15. “Encouragement to others is something everyone can give. Somebody needs what you have to give. It may not be your money; it may be your time. It may be your listening ear. It may be your arms to encourage. It may be your smile to uplift. Who knows?” – Joel Osteen
Everyday Application: We can help people in more ways than we realize. Everyone needs some support now and then. Do you offer support to the people in your circle? Is your circle full of people who support your dreams?
16. “Every day we have plenty of opportunities to get angry, stressed or offended. But what you’re doing when you indulge these negative emotions is giving something outside yourself power over your happiness. You can choose to not let little things upset you.” – Joel Osteen
Everyday Application: It is normal to feel these negative emotions. Be aware of them and acknowledge them. However, you do not have to put in the emery required to angry or stressed. Joel is right, doing so only gives some other person or situation power over your happiness. Happiness is a choice and our reactions are within our control.
17. “God wants you to have a good life, a life filled with love, joy, peace, and fulfillment. That doesn’t mean it will always be easy, but it does mean that it will always be good.” – Joel Osteen
18. “God would not have put a dream in your heart if He had not already given you everything you need to fulfill it.” – Joel Osteen
19. “I believe if you keep your faith, you keep your trust, you keep the right attitude, if you’re grateful, you’ll see God open up new doors.” – Joel Osteen
Joel Osteen quotes on faith and success
20. “If you have your health, if you have people in your life to love, you are blessed. Slow down and enjoy the simple things in life.” – Joel Osteen
Everyday Application: Many people forget to be grateful for things like our health, the love in our life, and even just the fact that we exist. No matter what is happening or bad a current situation might be, there is always something you can be grateful for. It might be hard at times, when you feel like you are cursed rather than blessed. However, many times those struggles and hardships we viewed as curses, become the starting points of our biggest blessings.
21. “If you want success, if you want wisdom, if you want to be prosperous and healthy, you’re going to have to do more than meditate and believe; you must boldly declare words of faith and victory over yourself and your family.” – Joel Osteen
22. “You’re going to go through tough times – that’s life. But I say, ‘Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.’ See the positive in negative events.” – Joel Osteen
Everyday Application: Changing the way you look at the negative things that happen in life is a powerful tool. When we ask “Why is this happening to me” it sets us up to feel like a victim. If we ask ourselves, “What can I learn from this” our mindset is one of growth. Now there will be sad times were maybe learning something is not the right phrase. In those moments, gratitude can be your best friend.
23. “It may look like the difficulty is going to defeat you. But you need to keep telling yourself, “This sickness can’t take my life.” “This cancer can’t defeat me.” “No bad break, no disappointment, no accident can shorten one second of my divine destiny.” – Joel Osteen
24. “Keep in mind, just because you don’t know the answer doesn’t mean that one does not exist. You simply haven’t discovered it yet.” – Joel Osteen
Everyday Application: It is ok to not know the answer. It is not ok to pretend that just because you do not know, that no one else does. You can learn a lot from other people and experts. Other answers might be more personal and deeply related to your sense of self. These will be uncovered in time and with the proper work.
25. “Life’s too short to spend it trying to keep others happy. You can’t please everyone. To fulfill your destiny, stay true to your heart.” – Joel Osteen
Everyday Application: It is not your job to make anyone else happy. Happiness is a choice and it comes from within. Your job is to be your authentic self, and live a life that aligns with you are.
Joel Osteen quotes on love and hope
26. “Make the decision and say, “I’m not letting that worry in. I’m done being upset when my plans don’t work out. I’m not letting that stress in.” Negative thoughts will still come to your mind, but you don’t have to let them into your spirit.” – Joel Osteen
27. “No matter what’s happening, choose to be happy. Don’t focus on what’s wrong. Find something positive in your life. Thank God for the small things.” – Joel Osteen
28. “Nothing in life has happened to you. It’s happened for you. Every disappointment. Every wrong. Even every closed door has helped make you into who you are.” – Joel Osteen
29. “See, when you drive home today, you’ve got a big windshield on the front of your car. And you’ve got a little bitty rearview mirror. And the reason the windshield is so large and the rearview mirror is so small is because what’s happened in your past is not near as important as what’s in your future.” – Joel Osteen
30. “Start believing today that things are going to change for the better. Your best days are still out in front of you.” – Joel Osteen
31. “Start calling yourself healed, happy, whole, blessed, and prosperous. Stop talking to God about how big your mountains are, and start talking to your mountains about how big your God is!” – Joel Osteen
32. “Stones of judgment, discouragement or doubt may be thrown at you. You can’t stop them, but you can make the choice to keep your walls up and not let them affect you.” – Joel Osteen
33. “There is a winner in you. You were created to be successful, to accomplish your goals, to leave your mark on this generation. You have greatness in you. The key is to get it out.” – Joel Osteen
34. “To live your best life now, you must learn to trust God’s timing, you may not think He’s working, but you can be sure that right now, behind the scenes, God is arranging all the pieces to come together to work out His plan for your life.” – Joel Osteen
Joel Osteen quotes to inspire positivity
35. “When you face adversity, you need to remind yourself that whatever is trying to defeat you could very well be what God will use to promote you.” – Joel Osteen
36. “You can change your world by changing your words… Remember, death and life are in the power of the tongue.” – Joel Osteen
37. “When you go through enough dark places, you don’t complain about little things. You don’t lose your joy because you got stuck in traffic; you don’t get offended because a coworker was rude to you. You’ve been through too much to let that sour you.” – Joel Osteen
38. “Love overlooks a person’s faults. That’s not always easy, but love believes the best in every person. Anybody can return evil for evil, but God wants His people to help heal wounded hearts.” – Joel Osteen
39. “The more you talk about negative things in your life, the more you call them in. Speak victory not defeat.” – Joel Osteen
40. “You have to come to your closed doors before you get to your open doors… What if you knew you had to go through 32 closed doors before you got to your open door? Well, then you’d come to closed door number eight and you’d think, ‘Great, I got another one out of the way’… Keep moving forward.” – Joel Osteen
41. “Don’t worry about your future or how you’re going to accomplish a dream. God has already lined up what you need.” – Joel Osteen
42. “All of us can look back and see things that should have defeated us. You’re still standing. That’s the goodness of God.” – Joel Osteen
Joel Osteen quotes that will make your day
43. “We may get knocked down on the outside, but the key to living in victory is to learn how to get up on the inside.” – Joel Osteen
44. “Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you’re going to live your life.” – Joel Osteen
45. “People respond when you tell them there is a great future in front of you, you can leave your past behind.” – Joel Osteen
46. “You’re not really free until you’re free from trying to please everybody.” – Joel Osteen
47. “The life in front of you is far more important than the life behind you.” – Joel Osteen
48. “Once this day is over we can never get it back. Your time is too valuable to waste it being upset.” – Joel Osteen
49. “When you focus on being a blessing, God makes sure you are always blessed in abundance.” – Joel Osteen
50. “Life happens to all of us. Don’t use delays, interruptions or unfair situations as an excuse to get upset. Release control.” – Joel Osteen
Other inspirational Joel Osteen quotes
51. “Learn to trust His timing. Don’t get in a hurry; don’t grow impatient; don’t try to force doors open. Don’t try to make things happen in your own strength. Let God do it His way.” – Joel Osteen
52. “When you face difficult times, know that challenges are not sent to destroy you. They’re sent to promote, increase and strengthen you.” – Joel Osteen
53. “You were created to make somebody else’s life better. Somebody needs your smile. They need your love, your encouragement & your gifts.” – Joel Osteen
54. “Not every person is going to understand you and that’s okay. They have a right to their opinion and you have every right to ignore it.” – Joel Osteen
55. “Don’t use your words to describe the situation. Use your words to change the situation.” – Joel Osteen
56. “Difficult times don’t come your way just so you can survive them; God uses these times in your life to form and refine you.” – Joel Osteen
57. “Every day, set your mind in the right direction. Find something to be grateful for.” – Joel Osteen
58. “There will always be somebody more successful, more beautiful, more talented. You have to realize, you’re not running their race. You’re running your race.” – Joel Osteen
59. “Your destiny is not cancelled because of a mistake, because of a failure. Get back up and go again.” – Joel Osteen
60. “Your destiny is too great, your assignment too important, your time too valuable. Don’t let fear intimidate you.” – Joel Osteen
Your Words Become Your Reality – Joel Osteen
Which Joel Osteen quotes were your favorite?
Joel Osteen’s simple, yet practical style of preaching inspires hope and encouragement.
He’s one of the most-watched inspirational figures in America, and God has truly used him to bless many.
Hopefully, your life will be transformed through these inspirational quotes from the ‘The Smiling Preacher’.
Did you enjoy these Joel Osteen quotes?
What other Joel Osteen quotes would you add to the list?
Tell us in the comment section below!
Also, don’t forget to share these words of wisdom with your friends and loved ones.