The Waterboy is one of my favorite Adam Sandler movies. Not only is it hilarious, but it has an inspiring message that nearly all fans will relate too: anything is possible. What does Coach Klien say to Bobby that ends up helping him? Who is it who said, “You can do it!”? Keep reading through these Waterboy quotes to find out.
Coach Klien tells Bobby that he has to stand up for himself, and gives him some pointers on how to deal with bullies. Bobby works hard and achieves his deeply guarded secret of wanting to play college football. Even Mama ends up putting her own fears aside so that Bobby can achieve his dreams.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise and hilarious Waterboy quotes and lines. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to also read these Parks and Rec quotes about life, friendship, and voting.
The Waterboy quotes about girls and dating
1. “Seein? I see a lot of girls… I see a lot of guys too.” -Bobby Boucher
2. “Excuse me, ladies, while I just go hang myself.” -Bobby Boucher
3. “And I like Vicki, and she like me back! And she showed me her boobies and I like them too!” -Bobby Boucher
4. “Bobby Boucher, what did momma tell you about girls!” -Mama
5. “Mama not a fan of restaurants or of of of me goin to one, but but but if you like some..times on a sunday afternoon with charcoal bi biscuits and a grill.” -Bobby Boucher
6. “Bobby, you want me to go to a barbecue with you?” -Vicki “Yes, yes, dats it.” -Bobby Boucher
7. “Well, Bobby Boucher, welcome to manhood. I’ll make sure to welcome you properly later.” -Vicki
8. “Once again, I’m not quite sure what that means.” -Bobby Boucher
The Waterboy quotes from (or about) Mama
9. “No, You’re wrong Colonel Sanders.” -Bobby Boucher
10. “That’s nonsense, I invented electricity. Ben Franklin is the Devil!” -Mama
11. “You don’t have what they call “the social skills.” That’s why you never have any friends, ‘cept fo’ yo’ mama.” -Mama
12. “No son of mine is gonna play any foos-ball.”-Mama
13. “My Mama says that alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush.” -Bobby Boucher
14. “It’s the devil.” -Mama
15. “I don’t believe in that sort of thing personally. Astrology is one of the many tools of the devil.” -Mama
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of devil quotes that will help you triumph against evil.
16. “Mama say that happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you feelin’ blue.” –Bobby Boucher
17. “Thanks, baby. Now you go on and have some fun becomin’ a man.” -Mama
18. “No, Colonel Sanders, you’re wrong. Mama’s right. You’re all wrong. Mama’s right. Mama’s right.” -Bobby Boucher
19. “Look who’s on TV, Mama — it’s the devil.” -Bobby Boucher
20. “I’ll be playing with your mama tonight.” -West Mississippi Lineman
21. “Did somebody hurt you my boy?” -Mama
Also read these Remember the Titans Quotes from the inspiring movie
The Waterboy quotes about medulla oblongata
22. “There is something wrong with YOUR medulla oblongata.” -Professor
23. “And by the way, Mama… alligators are ornery because of their medulla oblongata.” -Bobby Boucher
24. “The medulla oblongata… is where anger, jealousy, and aggression come from. Now, is there anybody here can tell me where happiness comes from? Anyone? All right, let’s hear what Mama has to say on the subject.” -Professor
The Waterboy quotes about “Foosball” and water
25. “Coach, not only will I do it for you, I… I… I… yes, yes, I’ll do it for you.” -Bobby Boucher
26. “Well I like school… and I like football… and I’m gonna keep doin’ ’em both because they make me feel good.” -Bobby Boucher
27. “Water sucks. It really really sucks. Water sucks.” – Coach Klein
28. “Oh no! We suck again!” (upon hearing that Bobby Boucher has been benched) -Townie
29. “Now that’s what I call high quality H2O.” -Bobby Boucher
30. “You gonna lose all your fancy “fools’ balls” games. And your gonna fail your big exam. Because school is –” -Mama
31. “Everything is the devil to you, Mama. Well, I like school, and I like football. And I’m gonna keep doin’ them both because they make me feel good.” -Bobby Boucher
32. “Hey, moron. Hey. Moron. Duh. L-L-Look at me. I’m th-th-the waterboy. Duh. I got a wooden spoon. Duh.” -Guy Grenouille
33. “Are men supposed to wear pyjamas featuring a cartoon character by the name of Deputy Dawg?” -Mama
34. “Hey, remember the time Bobby tackled the referee by mistake?” – Derek Wallace
35. “Yeah, that was pretty funny. How ’bout the time Bobby tackled the guy from Louisville, and threw him into the stands?” -Lyle Robideaux
36. “Y’all remember the time he intercepted the ball and his pants fell off, and he ran for the touchdown bare ass?” -Guy Grenouille
37. “Remember the time Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl, do ya?” -Bobby Boucher
38. “Foos-ball? Buncha overgrown monsters man-handlin’ each other… ‘Member when dat man wanted you to play foos-ball, Bobby?”– Mama
39. “Everybody already ‘is’ laughing at us. We haven’t won a game since nineteen-ninety-FOUR.” -Lyle Robideaux
You might also like these Parks and Rec quotes about life, friendship, and voting
Strange and funny The Waterboy quotes
40. “Which brings me to my second point, kids. Don’t do crack.” -Lawrence Taylor
41. “That’s kinda like my old man told me one time, Lynn. The only thing better than a crawfish dinner, is five crawfish dinners.” -Coach Red Beaulieu
42. “So that’s what opening up a can of whoop-ass feels like.” -Bobby Boucher
43. “Son, you just opened up a whole case of whoop-ass.” – Coach Klein
44. “You can do it, you can do it all night long.” – Townie
45. “Let’s kick some names and take some ass!” – Walter
46. “Oh yea, plenty of times. The other night, I was with my Mama and Coach Klein at the same time.” -Bobby Boucher
47. “I don’t want that loser on the team. Everybody’s gonna laugh at us.” -Guy Grenouille
48. “Captain Insano shows no mercy.” -Bobby Boucher
49. “Well ya better do something. You gotta stick up for yourself, Bobby.” – Coach Klein
50. “I wasn’t gonna do nothin’, coach.” -Bobby Boucher
Don’t forget to also read these Letterkenny quotes that will make you want to pack up and move to Canada.
Which of these Waterboy quotes is your favorite?
As it turns out, not everything is the devil after all! Bobby and the team win and beat the frontrunners, he and Vicki get their happy ending, and Mama even gets her chance to tackle some of her demons!
Mama may not always be right, but she does the right thing in the end. Rob Schnieder’s character reminds us, from the stands, that “you can do it.” If you have a few extra hours today and need a reminder of the potential you have inside you, then I suggest you give this movie a go!
Have any favorite Waterboy quotes and lines you would like to add? Drop them in the comment section below!
March 13, 2020 7:20 AM EST