Research Quotes To Quench Your Knowledge Search
January 10, 2023 4:23 AM EST
Looking for research quotes?
We got you covered!
Research means different things depending on who you are asking.
For many people today, saying “I did some research” really means “I did some googling.” Google is a great start.
In the most formal definitions, doing research is part of the scientific method.
It means being mindful while pursuing a hypothesis; to form a new knowledge set.
Some of the most successful people in the world have used research to conquer humanity’s worst problems.
Astronaut Neil Armstrong once said, “Research is creating new knowledge.”
From viruses to environmental issues, people have used research to find solutions for things that would be detrimental to our survival.
Other times research is necessary to come to terms with who we are.
The inner work we engage in is a form of research; it is us learning about who we are.
Insightful research quotes and sayings
1. “Research is creating new knowledge.” — Neil Armstrong
2. “As a research tool, the internet is invaluable.” — Noam Chomsky
3. “The best research you can do is talk to people.” — Terry Pratchett
4. “Stress overload makes us stupid. Solid research proves it..” — Gail Sheehy
5. “There is no substitute for face-to-face reporting and research.” — Thomas Friedman
6. “If you steal from one author it’s plagiarism; if you steal from many it’s research.” — Wilson Mizner
7. “Research has shown that the best way to be happy is to make each day happy.” — Deepak Chopra
8. “What people actually refer to as research nowadays is really just Googling.” — Dermot Mulroney
9. “Investing in science education and curiosity-driven research is investing in the future.” — Ahmed Zewail
10. “The more thoroughly I conduct scientific research, the more I believe that science excludes atheism.” — Lord Kelvin
Research quotes for teachers
11. “If we knew what we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?” — Albert Einstein
12. “No research without action, no action without research.” — Kurt Lewin
13. “I’m not a big guy for research. You’ve got to take a risk.” — Andrew Scott
14. “Research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I’m doing.” — Wernher von Braun
15. “Research means that you don’t know, but are willing to find out.” — Charles F. Kettering
16. “Research is formalized curiosity. It is poking and prying with a purpose.” — Zora Neale Hurston
17. “The way to do research is to attack the facts at the point of greatest astonishment.” — Celia Green
18. “When you’re working well, you don’t do research. Whatever you need comes to you.” — E. L. Doctorow
19. “Money won’t buy happiness, but it will pay the salaries of a large research staff to study the problem.” — Bill Vaughan
20. “Research is seeing what everybody else has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought.” — Albert Szent-Györgyi
21. “I believe in innovation and that the way you get innovation is you fund research and you learn the basic facts.” — Bill Gates
Research quotes for students
22. “Research has shown that people who volunteer often live longer.” — Allen Klein
23. “It is a good thing for a research scientist to discard a pet hypothesis every day before breakfast.” — Konrad Lorenz
24. “You don’t go to the movies to do historical research, unless it’s historical research about the movies.” — Tony Kushner
25. “In much of society, research means to investigate something you do not know or understand.” — Neil Armstrong
26. “I was hoping I was going to get an ulcer. I was hoping to boost my research career by developing a bleeding ulcer.” — Barry Marshall
27. “Research! A mere excuse for idleness; it has never achieved, and will never achieve any results of the slightest value.” — Benjamin Jowett
28. “The more research you do, the more at ease you are in the world you’re writing about. It doesn’t encumber you, it makes you free.” — A. S. Byatt
29. “Research is something that everyone can do, and everyone ought to do. It is simply collecting information and thinking systematically about it.” — Raewyn Connell
30. “The power of statistics and the clean lines of quantitative research appealed to me, but I fell in love with the richness and depth of qualitative research.” — Brené Brown
Funny research quotes
31. “We are a research center and treatment facility all under one roof.” — Marlo Thomas
32. “How in heaven’s name can a nation with a $1 trillion surplus threaten so much scientific research so vital to its future?” — David Gergen
33. “I feel like fifteen years with Fleetwood Mac was like working on my thesis, doing research for some kind of paper.” — Lindsey Buckingham
34. “I can put tweets on a map to show who is saying what where, which could be used for marketing or social research.” — Jack Dangermond
35. “The research rat of the future allows experimentation without manipulation of the real world. This is the cutting edge of modeling technology.” — John Spencer
36. “There is an abundance of misinformation, exaggeration, and blatant lies being spread by interest groups regarding the prospects for embryonic stem cell research.” — Virginia Foxx
37. “According to Teenage Research Unlimited, 51 percent of 13-15 year olds say they will be faced with making a decision regarding alcohol in the next three months.” — Xavier Becerra
38. “I have always felt that, aside from research that violates universal human mores, when it comes to technological applications, that which can be done will be done.” — Lawrence M. Krauss
39. “If I’m not hungry and I’m busy, I am quite happy to skip a meal. It’s informal intermittent fasting. I feel strongly that this is one of the strongest areas of longevity research.” — David Andrew Sinclair
Famous quotes about research
40. “Google is not a synonym for ‘research.’” — Dan Brown
41. “You discover yourself through the research of your work.” — Carine Roitfeld
42. “I do a great deal of research – particularly in the apartments of tall blondes.” — Raymond Chandler
43. “Writing nonfiction is more like sculpture, a matter of shaping the research into the finished thing.” — Joan Didion
44. “You’d be amazed how much research you can get done when you have no life whatsoever.” — Ernest Cline
45. “You’d be amazed how much research you can get done when you have no life whatsoever.” — Ernest Cline
46. “The more research you do, the more at ease you are in the world you’re writing about. It doesn’t encumber you, it makes you free.” — A. S. Byatt
47. “It is a good morning exercise for a research scientist to discard a pet hypothesis every day before breakfast. It keeps him young.” — Konrad Lorenz
48. “During the course of my research, I had had occasion to examine not only simple compounds, salts and oxides, but also a great number of minerals.” — Marie Curie
49. “We know from research that growth is actually contagious, so if you want to reach your goals, you’ve got to get around people that are going in the same direction you want to be going, and you will catch the success.” — Henry Cloud
What did you learn from these research quotes?
Research is what propels humanity forward.
It’s fueled by curiosity: we get curious, ask questions, and immerse ourselves in discovering everything there is to know.
Learning is thriving.
Without curiosity and research, progress would halt, and our lives as we know them would be completely different.
Imagine a world without research!
We might get stung by a bee and assume it is a predator animal that we should attack rather than understanding the value and importance of the bee to our natural environment and the pollination process.
Whether or not it is something you have taken the time to think about, without research, we would not have made it as far as we have as a civilization.
We still have much work to do; research drives our desire to better understand our world and create the best earth possible.
What are your favorite things to research?
Do you have any other research quotes and sayings to add?
Be sure to let us know in the comments.