Fans of sad and emotional movies will love this collection of sad movie quotes!
Sad movies draw an audience in by showing sad and often traumatic experiences that the characters in the movie are either experiencing or have dealt with in the past.
According to many in the therapy field, people enjoy sad movies because they allow you to safely experience and confront real issues and sad feelings.
Another reason people enjoy sad movies is that, according to Oxford University, watching a sad movie boosts the endorphin levels in your brain and creates a bond between you and others watching the movie.
Additionally, some people watch sad movies to see how characters deal with pain or sadness to understand how to deal with their own pain or sadness.
Take a look at the following sad movie quotes and see if some of your favorite movies are included.
Famous Sad Movie Quotes
Check out some of the most famous quotes from sad movies.
1. “The love inside, you take it with you.” – Sam, Ghost
2. “I’ll never let go, Jack. I’ll never let go.” – Rose, Titanic
3. “I’ll be walking beside you every step of the way.” – Will, Me Before You
4. “If God wants me with Him, there is none who will stop him.” – Beth, Little Women (1994)
5. “The sun is going down.” – Oskar Schindler, Schindler’s List
6. “I wanna go home.” – Bubba, Forrest Gump
7. “You’re not gonna kiss me good night anymore, are you, Dad?” – Billy, Kramer vs. Kramer
8. “Where are his glasses? He can’t see without his glasses!” – Vada, My Girl
9. “You is kind. You is smart. You is important.” – Aibileen, The Help
10. “I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12.” – Richard Dreyfuss, Stand By Me
Unhappy Sad Movie Quotes
Here are some unhappy quotes from sad movies.
11. “My daughter is in pain’ can’t you understand that! Give my daughter the shot!” – Aurora, Terms of Endearment
12. “Each man’s life touches so many other lives, and when he isn’t around, he leaves an awful hole.” – Clarence, It’s a Wonderful Life
13. “I would have followed you, my brother, my captain, my king.” – Boromir, The Fellowship of the Ring
14. “Mostly, I’m tired of people being ugly to each other. I’m tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world every day.” – John Coffey, The Green Mile
15. “Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely.” – Little Foot’s Mother, The Land Before Time
16. “Sometimes I think I’ve felt everything I’m ever going to feel, and from here on out, I’m not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I’ve already felt.” – Theodore, Her
17. “Take her to the moon for me, okay?” – Bing Bong, Inside Out
18. “I know what it’s like to want to die. How it hurts to smile.” – Susanna, Girl, Interrupted
19. “Thanks for the adventures; now go have a new one! Love, Ellie.” – Ellie, Up
20. “I have to remind myself that some birds aren’t meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright.” – Red, The Shawshank Redemption
What Are Some of the Most Popular Sad Movies of All Time?
There are many famous sad movies, but we have listed a few that you should enjoy.
Schindler’s List follows the story of a German man that used his factory to rescue over a thousand Jewish refugees and is a very sad movie.
My Girl is a classic story of two kids that are best friends, but one is tragically killed.
Titanic was a fictional retelling of the true life event when over 1,500 people lost their lives when the Titanic sank.
Please share these sad movie quotes with your friends and family and share your favorites not on the list in the comments.