If you love the ocean or ocean life, you will love these sea turtle quotes!
Sea Turtles are sometimes called marine turtles and can be found in all oceans except polar areas.
They are endangered species and should be cared for so future generations can enjoy them.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Thefantasticing creatures reach sexual maturity between the ages of 10 and 20, and the females can lay between 50 and 350 eggs at a time.
Sea Turtles can live from 50 – 100 years in nature, but due to predators and other factors, only one in 1,000 to one in 10,000 hatchlings make it to adulthood.
There are seven species of sea turtles:
- Kemp’s ridley
- Olive ridley
Look at these sea turtle quotes to learn more about these fantastic creatures!
Deep Sea Turtle Quotes
Here are some sea turtle quotes that will make you think.
1. “Try to be like the turtle at ease in your own shell.” — Bill Copeland
2. “Pat the shell of a turtle, and good luck will come to you.” — Chinese proverb
3. “I would honestly say I’m in the turtle’s race. My journey is a marathon.” — Omari Hardwick
4. “Do not let fear confine your life Inside a shell of doubt; A turtle never moves until His head is sticking out.” — Charles Ghigna
5. “We can all take a lesson from the sea turtle. She does not travel thousands of miles or risk all for her ego.” — Mary Alice
6. “The creatures of the sea hold special mystery, and they are among the most exciting, graceful, and beautiful on Earth.” — Carl Safina
7. “‘I had such a strong feeling for the beauty of this ancient creature at home in the sea. On the spot, I wanted to swim with that turtle.” — Will Hobbs
8. “The holistic acupuncturist and the sea turtle rescuer may not be able to explain the feeling, ‘We are serving the same thing,’ but they are.” — Charles Eisenstein
9. “We will eat grapes from the vine, we will swim with sea turtles, we will walk miles on cobblestone streets. We will laugh and talk and confess.” — Jodi Picoult
10. “Important attributes are a single-minded resistance to any distraction from the central aim of keeping watch over the Tortuguero nesting colony and a determination to make it the most thoroughly studied sea turtle population in the world.” — Archie Carr
The Best Sea Turtle Quotes
Check out some of the best Sea Turtle Quotes!
11. “Everyone in our family returns to the beach instinctively, just like the sea turtles.” — Sandy Archibald
12. “And the turtles, of course…all the turtles are free, as turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be.” — Dr. Seuss
13. “I felt like time was a great sea, and I was floating on the back of a turtle, and no sails broke the horizon.” — Janet Fitch
14. “I don’t want to live in a world where I could say to my daughter, ‘There used to be turtles that swam in the ocean.’” — Angela Kinsey
15. “Perhaps I am the turtle, able to live simply anywhere, even underwater for short periods, with my home on my back.” — Kurt Vonnegut
16. “Even a mentally challenged shark would figure out that sea turtles did not wear boxer shorts printed in flying piggies” — Christopher Moore
17. “Myrtle, a giant green sea turtle, is one of the tank’s most popular animals, along with sharks, rays, and more than 100 other species.” — John Grant
18. “People want to do authentic things. They want to go horseback riding, fishing, shooting or searching for turtle nesting spots on the beach.” — Philip Anschutz
19. The image of Stanley Dixon sitting and pondering is one of the rewards of sea turtle research and a thing I shall often sit and ponder. — Archie Carr
20. “Being on a successful show is kind of like being a sea turtle. Every year, sea turtles lay hundreds and hundreds of eggs, but only a few manage to survive and mature.” — Keiko Agena
Sea Turtle Quotes by the Disney Character Crush
Crush from Finding Nemo is one of the favorite sea turtles of all time!
21. “Sweet!” — Crush
22. ”Totally.” — Crush
23. “Give me some fin.” — Crush
24. “Righteous, Righteous!” — Crush
25. “150, dude! And still young!” — Crush
26. “Oh, I saw the whole thing, dude!” — Crush
27. “You mini-man! Taking on the jellies.” — Crush
28. “Mister Turtle is my father. The name’s Crush.” — Crush
29. “First, you were like, whoa! Then we were like, WHOA!” — Crush
30. “Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude, okay? Just waxed it.” — Crush
More Sea Turtle Quotes by Crush
Enjoy some more quotes from your favorite sea turtle!
31. “You’re ridin’ it, dude!” — Crush
32. “You so totally rock, Squirt!” — Crush
33. “Oh, it’s awesome, Jellyman.” — Crush
34. “Dude, you’re riding it, dude.” — Crush
35. “Okay. First, find your exit buddy.” — Crush
36. “Dude? Dude? Focus dude…Dude?” — Crush
37. “You’ve got serious thrill issues, dude…awesome!” — Crush
38. “You never really know, but when they know, you’ll know. You know?” — Crush
39. “Squirt here will now give you a rundown on proper exiting technique.” — Crush
40. “When the little dudes are just eggs, we leave them on a beach to hatch, and coo-coo-cachoo, they find their way back to the big ol’ blue.” — Crush
Sea Turtle Quotes About Fastitocalon in the J.R.R. Tolkien Poem
Take a look at these quotes about Fastitocalon, the giant sea turtle mistaken for an island!
41. “The last of the old Turtle-fish” — J.R.R. Tolkien
42. “It may be that his shell is thick.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
43. “He seems to sleep, but He is quick” — J.R.R. Tolkien
44. “Ah! Foolish folk, who land on HIM” — J.R.R. Tolkien
45. “If anyone should dare, Upon that isle to settle” — J.R.R. Tolkien
46. “None so perilous as He, Old horny Fastitocalon.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
47. “An island good to land upon, although ‘tis rather bare.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
48. “Pay heed to sailors’ ancient lore, Set foot on no uncharted shore!” — J.R.R. Tolkien
49. “When here hears their tapping feet, Or faintly feels the sudden heat.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
50. With smile, He dives, And Promptly turning upside-down, He tips them off and deep they drown.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
What Do Sea Turtles Look Like?
Among the seven species of sea turtles, the females and males are the same size.
The different sea turtle species range from up to 9 feet in length down to 2 feet and vary in weight from 66 lbs up to almost 2,000 lbs depending on the species.
Please share these Sea Turtle quotes with others by clicking the share button!