Shams Tabrizi quotes serve as a source of wisdom and spirituality.
That’s why people share his quotes via different social media platforms.
If you are also looking for some authentic and worthy to share Shams Tabrizi quotes, you can count on us.
Here, we have curated a list of his best quotes.
We have also discussed some key aspects associated with the life of Shams Tabrizi.
So, without any further ado, let’s dive in!
Who was Shams Tabrizi?
Shams al-Din Muhammad, commonly known as Shams Tabrizi, was a dervish and Sufi.
He was born in the 12th century in Tabriz, an ancient city located in present-day Iran.
Since his childhood, Shams received spiritual abilities.
However, his parents couldn’t understand the spiritual aspects of Shams Tabrizi.
Besides, there isn’t much information available about his early life.
Since Shams was a dervish, he continued to wander from one place to another.
He is known to have deepened his spiritual understanding.
Shams gained this stature via multiple sources, including:
Shams also studied Islamic Jurisprudence (Fiqh).
So, even though he was a Sufi mystic, he always supported the scholarly study of Islam as a religion.
The Connection between Shams and Rumi
Jalaluddin Rumi and Shams Tabrizi met each other in the early 13th century.
Rumi was a highly revered theologian and Islamic scholar.
He was living a contented and comfortable life in Konya, Turkey.
When Shams arrived in Konya, everything changed for Rumi.
The meeting of Rumi and Shams was a strong interaction of two extraordinary souls.
Both these personalities were searching for a deeper understanding of the truth about the divine.
Shams challenged Rumi’s conventional beliefs with his unorthodox and unique approach to spirituality.
This encounter served as a turning point or the beginning of a spiritual journey for both Shams and Rumi.
Sham’s Influence and Legacy
Shams Tabrizi’s legacy extends beyond his life on earth.
His connection with Rumi and profound teachings still inspire truth seekers.
Also, the spiritual philosophy he introduced stressed the importance of devotion, love, and inner transformation.
Today, dervishes perform “Sama,” which is a mesmerizing Sufi dance.
It symbolizes the journey towards spiritual understanding.
Shams is living in the hearts of those who want to seek divine assistance through mysticism and Sufi poetry.
Shams Tabrizi is a well-known symbol of spiritual enlightenment.
He is also revered for his concept of the transformative power of friendship and love.
Top 5 Shams Tabrizi Quotes
Here are the top Shams Tabrizi quotes that you will not regret to read.
1. “Whoever lives as he sees fit will not die as he sees fit.” — Shams Tabrizi
2. “A good man complains of no one; he does not look to faults.” — Shams Tabrizi
3. “To get closer to Truth and Right, we need a beautiful and soft heart.” — Shams Tabrizi
4. “Intellect takes you to the door, but it doesn’t take you into the house.” — Shams Tabrizi
5. “When everyone is trying to be something, be nothing. Range with emptiness.” — Shams Tabrizi
Shams Tabrizi Quotes About Life
Shams Tabrizi observed life very closely and has summarised facts about life in the below-mentioned quotes.
6. “Instead of resisting changes, surrender. Let life be with you, not against you. If you think, ‘My life will be upside down’ don’t worry. How do you know down is not better than upside?” — Shams Tabrizi
7. “The life we live is just a colorful and deposit toy. Some of us take it so seriously and fight and cry for it. Some of us break and throw it. Either we give extreme importance or not enough. Better to stay far from extremes.” — Shams Tabrizi
8. “No matter what people call you, you are just who you are. Keep to this truth. You must ask yourself how it is you want to live your life. We live, and we die; this is the truth that we can only face alone. No one can help us. So consider carefully what prevents you from living the way you want to live your life?” — Shams Tabrizi
9. “It is never too late to ask yourself, “Am I ready to change my life? am I ready to change myself?”. However old we are, whatever we go through, it is always possible to be reborn. If each day is a copy of the last one, what a pity! Every breath is a chance to be reborn. But to be reborn into a new life, you have to die before dying.” — Shams Tabrizi
10. “Whatever happens in your life, no matter how troubling things might seem, do not enter the neighborhood of despair. Even when all doors remain closed, God will open up a new path only for you. Be thankful! It is easy to be thankful when all is well. A Sufi is thankful not only for what he has been given but also for all that he has been denied.” — Shams Tabrizi
Shams Tabrizi Quotes About The World
Shams Tabrizi’s quotes about this world are here as follows.
11. “Wherever you go, east, west, north or south, think of it as a journey into yourself! The one who travels into itself travels the world.” — Shams Tabrizi
12. “There are more fake guides teachers in the world than stars. The real guide is the one who makes you see your inner beauty, not the one who wants to be admired and followed.” — Shams Tabrizi
13. “If the human being is a proud and honorable creature, he shouldn’t forget to act that way, even if he falls, even if the whole world is against him, even if he ends as a slave.” — Shams Tabrizi
14. “This world is like a mountain. Your echo depends on you. If you scream good things, the world will give it back. If you scream bad things, the world will give it back. Even if someone says badly about you, speak well about him. Change your heart to change the world.” — Shams Tabrizi
15. “Most of the problems of the world stem from linguistic mistakes and simple misunderstandings. Don’t ever take words at face value. When you step into the zone of love, language as we know it becomes obsolete. That which cannot be put into words can only be grasped through silence.” — Shams Tabrizi
Shams Tabrizi Quotes About Love
Here are some amazing quotes about love from Shams Tabrizi. Hopefully, you will like to read them.
16. “You learn by reading but understand by LOVE.” — Shams Tabrizi
17. “Love is a travel. All travelers, whether they want or not, are changed. No one can travel into love and remain the same.” — Shams Tabrizi
18. “For a new Self to be born, hardship is necessary. Just as clay needs to go through intense heat to become strong, Love can only be perfected in pain.” — Shams Tabrizi
19. “Most conflicts and tensions are due to language. Don’t pay so much attention to the words. In love’s country, language doesn’t have its place. Love’s mute.” — Shams Tabrizi
20. “The quest for Love changes us. There is no seeker among those who search for Love who has not matured on the way. The moment you start looking for Love, you start to change within and without.” — Shams Tabrizi
Shams Tabrizi Quotes About God
Let’s explore profound reflections on God and spirituality through Shams Tabrizi’s enlightening quotes.
21. “Be sure that someday you’ll praise and thank God for your unanswered prayers that once you had wept for them.” — Shams Tabrizi
22. “You can study God through everything and everyone in the universe because God is not confined in a mosque, synagogue, or church. But if you are still in need of knowing where exactly His abode is, there is only one place to look for Him: in the heart of a true lover.” — Shams Tabrizi
23. “If you look around, you can find a face of God in each thing because He is not hidden in a church, in a mosque, or a synagogue, but everywhere. As there is no one who lives after seeing him, there is also no one dying after seeing him. Who finds Him, stays forever with him.” — Shams Tabrizi
24. “What does patience mean? It means to look at the thorn and see the rose, to look at the night and see the dawn. Impatience means to be short-sighted and not to be able to see the outcome. The lovers of God never run out of patience, for they know that time is needed for the crescent moon to become full.” — Shams Tabrizi
25. “God is busy with the completion of your work, both outwardly and inwardly. He is fully occupied with you. Every human being is a work in progress that is slowly but inexplicably moving toward perfection. We are each an unfinished work of art, both waiting and striving to be completed. God deals with each of us separately because humanity is a fine art of skilled penmanship where every single dot is equally important for the entire picture.” — Shams Tabrizi
Which of these Shams Tabrizi Quotes is your Favorite?
We hope our list of Shams Tabrizi quotes has helped you find a quote that inspires you the most.
To offer you a nice collection of such quotes, we have only included the most relevant and authentic quotes.
You can share these quotes with your friends and family without any hesitation.
Besides, you can also share your favorite Shams Tabrizi quote with us.
For this purpose, you can take advantage of our comments section.
We are looking forward to your reply.
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
Do you ask your loved ones, “How was your day?” And each day, you get “fine.” Switch up how you ask, and their response will delight you!
Discovering your purpose when you feel like you have none can be tough – but it can be done. Maybe your life purpose has been with you all along.
Confused or wondering about what to do next in life? These five steps can help you on your way to figuring out your next steps.
Love random facts? Then you will love this list of exciting information about everyday objects that could, one day, save your life.
Check out these related quote articles:
Life constantly offers valuable lessons that shape our journey and guide our growth.
Words of wisdom are helpful to anyone looking to get inspired through words that are as powerful as they are meaningful.
These various Quran quotes highlight the beliefs and spiritual wisdom of the Islamic faith.
Angels guard and protect us, communicate God’s message, watch over us, and are involved in our lives in many other ways.