Our latest collection of inspirational patience quotes on Everyday Power. Enjoy!
One thing many of us could practice more is having more patience. In a world where everyone tends to opt for quick-fix solutions, not many possess the virtue of being patient.
In today’s times, many people seem to lack the necessary willpower to wait just a bit longer for something more worthy. Instead, when they want it, they want it now; without any kind of delay.
Granted, we all find ourselves in situations where we simply can’t afford to wait. After all, we are always reminded that time is money.
But whether it’s in a relationship, at work, towards a stranger you meet during your day, or in life as a whole, being more patient and understanding of others can help you stay positive, even in a negative world. And remember, “good things come to those who wait.”
In that respect, here are some powerful patience quotes to help bring a lot more peace in your life and to inspire you to be patient in your journey to greatness.
Inspirational patience quotes on life, love and success
1. “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “Patience is not simply the ability to wait – it’s how we behave while we’re waiting.” – Joyce Meyer
3. “Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy.” – Saadi
4. “Patience and Diligence, like faith, remove mountains.” – William Penn
5. “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” – Samuel Johnson
6. “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” – Napoleon Hill
7. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
8. “One minute of patience, ten years of peace.” ~ Greek proverb
9. “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.” ~ John Quincy Adams
10. “It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.” ~ Julius Caesar
Inspirational quotes about patience and understanding
11. “Be patient and understanding. Life is too short to be vengeful or malicious.” – Phillips Brooks
12. “The test of good manners is to be patient with the bad ones.” – Solomon Ibn Gabirol
13. “When it comes to increasing motivation and self-control, you have to remain patient and allow your mind to adapt to the new changes.” – Jill Hesson
14. “Struggles often serve to release the wisdom, patience, and strength we all possess but too seldom demonstrate.” – Jim Stovall
15. “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” ― A.A. Milne
16. “Trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.” ― Molière
17. “He that can have patience can have what he will.” ― Benjamin Franklin
18. “Patience is a conquering virtue.” ― Geoffrey Chaucer
19. “The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” ― Leo Tolstoy
20. “I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.” ― Margaret Thatcher
Inspirational patience quotes about love and relationships
21. “With love and patience, nothing is impossible.” ~ Daisaku Ikeda
22. “Patience is not sitting and waiting, it is foreseeing. It is looking at the thorn and seeing the rose, looking at the night and seeing the day. Lovers are patient and know that the moon needs time to become full.”― Rumi
23. “If you have patience, then you’ll also have love. Patience leads to love.” – Mata Amritanandamayi
24. “For anything worth having one must pay the price; and the price is always work, patience, love, self-sacrifice – no paper currency, no promises to pay, but the gold of real service.” – John Burroughs
25. “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.” – Marvin J. Ashton
26. “No one has patience for love except their own.” – Marjorie Celona
27. “Love, patience, and meekness can be just as contagious as rudeness and crudeness.” – Neal A. Maxwell
28. “An alternative to love is not hate but patience.” – Santosh Kalwar
Inspirational patience quotes about learning and growth
29. “Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent.” – Billy Graham
30. “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet. – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
31. “Patience is the companion of wisdom.” – Saint Augustine
32. “Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience.” ~ George-Louis de Buffon
33. “Patience can’t be acquired overnight. It is just like building up a muscle. Every day you need to work on it.” ~ Eknath Easwaran
34. “Learning patience can be a difficult experience, but once conquered you will find life is easier.” Catherine Pulsifer
35. “When you encounter various trials, big or small, be full of joy. They’re opportunities to learn patience.” – Scott Curran
36. “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.” – Stephen Covey
37. “Patience teaches us to turn provocations into invocations, to transform frustrations into celebrations.”– William Arthur Ward
38. “If you take it step by step, you shall least miss a step!”― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
39. “A wise man does not try to hurry history. Many wars have been avoided by patience, and many have been precipitated by reckless haste.” – Adlai Stevenson
40. “Patience is the virtue of an ass that trots beneath his burden, and is quiet.” – George Granville
Insightul patience quotes
41. “It takes patience to listen. It takes skill to pretend you’re listening.”― Harmon Okinyo
42. “Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow – that is patience.” – Leo Tolstoy
43. “Our patience will achieve more than our force.” – Edmund Burke
44. “Patience is the support of weakness; impatience the ruin of strength.” – Charles Caleb Colton
45. “All human wisdom is summed up in two words – wait and hope” – Alexandre Dumas Père
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of wisdom quotes from the world’s greatest minds.
46. “It is better to have a hen tomorrow than an egg today.”- Thomas Fuller
47. “Quite honestly, most people are quick to “write someone off.” But our God is a God of the second chance. Learn from One who is patient with you, and you’ll learn to be patient with others.” – Woodrow Kroll
48. “Great things are not accomplished by idle dreams, but by years of patient study.” – James H. Aughey
49. “At the bottom of patience one finds heaven.” – Kanuri
50. “By diligence and patience, the mouse bit in two the cable.” – Ben Franklin
Other inspirational patience quotes
51. “He who has infinite patience and infinite energy at his back will alone succeed.” – Swami Vivekanand
52. “It is very strange that the years teach us patience – that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting.” – Elizabeth Taylor
53. “We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world.” – Helen Keller
54. “Have patience with all things, But, first of all with yourself.” – Saint Francis de Sales
55. “Patience is not a virtue. It is an achievement.” – Vera Nazarian
56. “Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace.” – Victor Hugo
57. “The more patient we are, the more understanding we become.” – William Arthur Ward
58. “To know how to wait. It is the great secret of success.” – Joseph de Maistre
59. “Make your ego porous. Will is of little importance, complaining is nothing, fame is nothing. Openness, patience, receptivity, solitude is everything.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
60. “I learn it every day of my life, learn it with pain I am grateful for: patience is everything!” – Rainer Maria Rilke
Which patience quotes were your favorite?
There are certain things in life that take more time than others. Sometimes we need to allow life to follow its natural course. Otherwise, if we don’t learn to be patient, we might end up inflicting unnecessary pain on ourselves and on those around us.
In a world that strives for instant gratification, being more patient can help you stay positive and happy. Hopefully, these patience quotes have inspired you to develop the inner calmness to wait.
Did you enjoy these patience quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.
May 5, 2019 10:03 AM EST