Our latest collection of inspirational patience quotes on Everyday Power.
One thing many of us could practice more is having more patience.
In a world where everyone tends to opt for quick-fix solutions, not many possess the virtue of being patient.
In today’s times, many people seem to lack the necessary willpower to wait just a bit longer for something more worthy.
You may also enjoy our article on:T
Instead, when they want it, they want it now; without any kind of delay.
Granted, we all find ourselves in situations where we simply can’t afford to wait.
After all, we are always reminded that time is money.
But whether it’s in a relationship, at work, towards a stranger you meet during your day, or in life as a whole, being more patient and understanding of others can help you stay positive, even in a negative world.
And remember, “good things come to those who wait.”
In that respect, here are some powerful patience quotes to help bring more peace in your life and inspire you to be patient in your journey to greatness.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Inspirational patience quotes on life, love and success
1. “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
You will also enjoy our article on gentleman quotes.
2. “Patience is not simply the ability to wait – it’s how we behave while we’re waiting.” – Joyce Meyer
You will also enjoy our article on sacrifice quotes.
3. “Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy.” – Saadi
You will also enjoy our article on massage quotes.
4. “Patience and Diligence, like faith, remove mountains.” – William Penn
5. “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” – Samuel Johnson
You will also enjoy our article on consistency quotes.
6. “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” – Napoleon Hill
You will also enjoy our article on quotes tough times.
7. “He that can have patience can have what he will.” ― Benjamin Franklin
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about possibility.
8. “Patience is a conquering virtue.” ― Geoffrey Chaucer
9. “The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” ― Leo Tolstoy
You will also enjoy our article on encouraging quotes.
10. “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” ― A.A. Milne
Inspirational quotes about patience and understanding
11. “Be patient and understanding. Life is too short to be vengeful or malicious.” – Phillips Brooks
12. “The test of good manners is to be patient with the bad ones.” – Solomon Ibn Gabirol
13. “When it comes to increasing motivation and self-control, you have to remain patient and allow your mind to adapt to the new changes.” – Jill Hesson
14. “Struggles often serve to release the wisdom, patience, and strength we all possess but too seldom demonstrate.” – Jim Stovall
15. “One minute of patience, ten years of peace.” ~ Greek proverb
16. “Trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.” ― Molière
17. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
18. “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.” ~ John Quincy Adams
19. “It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.” ~ Julius Caesar
20. “I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.” ― Margaret Thatcher
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of quotes to increase your tolerance.
Inspirational patience quotes about love and relationships
21. “With love and patience, nothing is impossible.” ~ Daisaku Ikeda
You will also enjoy our article on grace quotes.
22. “Patience is not sitting and waiting, it is foreseeing. It is looking at the thorn and seeing the rose, looking at the night and seeing the day. Lovers are patient and know that the moon needs time to become full.”― Rumi
23. “If you have patience, then you’ll also have love. Patience leads to love.” – Mata Amritanandamayi
24. “For anything worth having one must pay the price; and the price is always work, patience, love, self-sacrifice – no paper currency, no promises to pay, but the gold of real service.” – John Burroughs
25. “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.” – Marvin J. Ashton
26. “No one has patience for love except their own.” – Marjorie Celona
27. “Love, patience, and meekness can be just as contagious as rudeness and crudeness.” – Neal A. Maxwell
28. “An alternative to love is not hate but patience.” – Santosh Kalwar
Inspirational patience quotes about learning and growth
29. “Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent.” – Billy Graham
30. “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet. – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
31. Patience is the companion of wisdom.” – Saint Augustine
32. “Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience.” ~ George-Louis de Buffon
33. “Patience can’t be acquired overnight. It is just like building up a muscle. Every day you need to work on it.” ~ Eknath Easwaran
34. “Learning patience can be a difficult experience, but once conquered you will find life is easier.” Catherine Pulsifer
35. “When you encounter various trials, big or small, be full of joy. They’re opportunities to learn patience.” – Scott Curran
36. “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.” – Stephen Covey
37. “Patience teaches us to turn provocations into invocations, to transform frustrations into celebrations.”- William Arthur Ward
38. “If you take it step by step, you shall least miss a step!”― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
39. “A wise man does not try to hurry history. Many wars have been avoided by patience, and many have been precipitated by reckless haste.” – Adlai Stevenson
40. “Patience is the virtue of an ass that trots beneath his burden, and is quiet.” – George Granville
Insightful patience quotes
41. “It takes patience to listen. It takes skill to pretend you’re listening.”― Harmon Okinyo
42. “Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow – that is patience.” – Leo Tolstoy
43. “Our patience will achieve more than our force.” – Edmund Burke
44. “Patience is the support of weakness; impatience the ruin of strength.” – Charles Caleb Colton
45. “All human wisdom is summed up in two words – wait and hope” – Alexandre Dumas Père
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of wisdom quotes from the world’s greatest minds.
46. “It is better to have a hen tomorrow than an egg today.”- Thomas Fuller
47. “Quite honestly, most people are quick to “write someone off.” But our God is a God of the second chance. Learn from One who is patient with you, and you’ll learn to be patient with others.” – Woodrow Kroll
48. “Great things are not accomplished by idle dreams, but by years of patient study.” – James H. Aughey
49. “At the bottom of patience one finds heaven.” – Kanuri
50. “By diligence and patience, the mouse bit in two the cable.” – Ben Franklin
Other inspirational patience quotes
51. “He who has infinite patience and infinite energy at his back will alone succeed.” – Swami Vivekanand
52. It is very strange that the years teach us patience – that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting.” – Elizabeth Taylor
53. “We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world.” – Helen Keller
54. “Have patience with all things, But, first of all with yourself.” – Saint Francis de Sales
55. “Patience is not a virtue. It is an achievement.” – Vera Nazarian
56. “Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace.” – Victor Hugo
57. “The more patient we are, the more understanding we become.” – William Arthur Ward
58. “To know how to wait. It is the great secret of success.” – Joseph de Maistre
59. “Make your ego porous. Will is of little importance, complaining is nothing, fame is nothing. Openness, patience, receptivity, solitude is everything.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
60. “I learn it every day of my life, learn it with pain I am grateful for: patience is everything!” – Rainer Maria Rilke
Patience quotes to help you find more of it
61. “Beware the fury of a patient man.” — John Dryden
62. “A gentleman is simply a patient wolf.” — Lana Turner
63. “Be patient. Patience is the mother of all virtues.” — Hrithik Roshan
64. “I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.” — Edith Sitwell
65. “The beauty of mathematics only shows itself to more patient followers.” — Maryam Mirzakhani
66. “Just be patient. Let the game come to you. Don’t rush. Be quick, but don’t hurry.” — Earl Monroe
67. “There is something good in all seeming failures. You are not to see that now. Time will reveal it. Be patient.” — Swami Sivananda
68. “Sometimes things aren’t clear right away. That’s where you need to be patient and persevere and see where things lead.” — Mary Pierce
69. “Good character is not formed in a week or a month. It is created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good character.” — Heraclitus
70. “A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them.” — Liberty Hyde Bailey
More Patience Quotes and Sayings
71. “If patience is worth anything, it must endure to the end of time. And a living faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm.” — Mahatma Gandhi
72. “Two things define you: your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything.” – George Bernard Shaw
73. “My dad said to me – Work hard and be patient. It was the best advice he ever gave me. You have to put the hours in.” – Simon Cowell
74. “Patience is the best remedy for every trouble.” – Plautus
75. “Genius is only a greater aptitude for patience.” – George Louis de Buffon
76. “Patience is the best medicine” – John Florio
77. “Patience and wisdom walk hand in hand, like two one-armed lovers.” – Jarod Kintz
78. “Our real blessings often appear to us in the shape of pains, losses and disappointments; but let us have patience, and we soon shall see them in their proper figures.” – Joseph Addison
79. “Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.” – Criss Jami
80. “All men commend patience, although few are willing to practice it.” – Thomas a Kempis
Importance Of Patience Quotes To Achieve Greatness
81. “The tower of success stands on the pillars of vision, action, patience and the character to withstand criticisms.” ― Amit Ray
82. “But there are times when patience proves at fault.” ― Robert Browning
83. “Having patience always gives you what you deserve.” ― Fatma Alfalasi
84. “Great patience is called for on the hard path that I have entered on.” ― Edgar Degas
85. “One who is patient glows with an inner radiance.” ― Allan Lokos
86. “I worked with patience which means almost power.” ― Elizabeth Barrett Browning
87. “We need patient people who are able to endure the toughest disciplines.” ― Samael Aun Weor
88. “Why is patience so important?” “Because it makes us pay attention.” ― Paulo Coelho
89. “Nothing else is necessary but these – love, sincerity, and patience.” ― Swami Vivekananda
90. “Patience and persistence are the keys… The keys to unlock doors of success… With these two virtues, you grow in reasoning and experience.” ― Ogwo David Emenike
Patience Quotes for an Amazing Outcome
91. “Always show patience, don’t turn away. It will make life worthwhile tomorrow and today.” — Catherine Pulsifer
92. “Patience listens with actual interest. The long suffering creates steadfastness in the midst of patience.” — Dr. Becky Slabaugh
93. “Patience is the ornament of the brave. Patience is the real badge of courage; it is equally the mark of love.” — Eknath Easwaran
94. “In a good relationship, it is a must to forgive, have patience, and expect the best from our partner.” — Rudi Zimmerer
95. “Persist in patience – it may not happen overnight, but make good patience a habit that you practice.” — Danielle Tinning
96. Establishing a good morning routine will give you the energy, patience and focus that you need to cope with the major changes going on in your life.” — Samantha Westwood
97. “Patience is the productivity factor which keeps you persistent in working on your task.” — Abder-Rahman Ali
98. “It can take as long as three years to completely adjust to your retirement. Be patient and know that a new life is awakening within you.” — Robert Delamontagne
99. “Spiritual growth is not like fast food. It takes time for its roots to grow, and that requires us to be receptive and patient.” — Rabbi Zalman
100. “Once you decide you’re ready to change, you’ll need to be patient with yourself especially if setting goals on a regular basis isn’t something you normally do.” — P. Seymour
Patience Quotes To Teach It’s Important In Life
101. “The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter.” — Paulo Coelho
102.“There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you, and there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.” ― Lemony Snicket
103. Patience is not the ability to wait. Patience is to be calm no matter what happens, constantly take action to turn it to positive growth opportunities, and have faith to believe that it will all work out in the end while you are waiting.” ― Roy T. Bennett
104. “Patience is power. Patience is not an absence of action;rather it is “timing” it waits on the right time to act, for the right principles and in the right way.” ― Fulton J. Sheen
105. “Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart.” — Rainer Maria Rilke
106. “A waiting person is a patient person. The word patience means the willingness to stay where we are and live the situation out to the full in the belief that something hidden there will manifest itself to us.” ― Henri J.M. Nouwen
107. “I beg you, to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language.” — Rainer Maria Rilke
108. “There’s no advantage to hurrying through life.” -Shikamaru Nara” ― Masashi Kishimoto
109.“It is far better to endure patiently a smart which nobody feels but yourself, than to commit a hasty action whose evil consequences will extend to all connected with you.” ― Charlotte Brontë
110.“Patience gives your spouse permission to be human. It understands that everyone fails. When a mistake is made, it chooses to give them more time that they deserve to correct it. It gives you the ability to hold on during the rough times in your relationship rather than bailing out under the pressure.” ― Stephen Kendrick
Short Patience Quotes
111. “To lose patience is to lose the battle” — Mahatma Gandhi
112. “Abused patience turns to fury” — Thomas Fuller
113. “Patience means self-suffering.” — Mahatma Gandhi
114. “A man who is a master of patience is master of everything else.” — George Savile
115. “Patience is a virtue, and I’m learning patience. It’s a tough lesson.” — Elon Musk
116. “Patience has its limits, take it too far and it’s cowardice.” — Holbrook Jackson
117.”Patience is necessary, and one cannot reap immediately where one has sown.” — Soren Kierkegaard
118. “Humility is attentive patience.” — Simone Weil
119. “Patience is the art of hoping.” — Luc de Clapiers
120. “Patience is the art of concealing your impatience.” — Guy Kawasaki
Patience Quotes to Navigate Life’s Challenges
121. “Today’s patience can transform yesterday’s discouragements into tomorrow’s discoveries. Today’s purposes can turn yesterday’s defeats into tomorrow’s determination.” ― William Arthur Ward
122. “Constant repetition of tongue-twisters was like lifting weights for me, but patience and persistence have paid off.” ― Nicholas Brendon
123. “When you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come.” ― Robert H. Schuller
124. “Patience is God’s nature.” ― Tertullian
125. “Everything is out there if you know how to find it, and have the patience. I don’t and haven’t, but that’s my problem.” ― Tom Holt
126. “You must grow in patience when you meet with great wrongs, and they will then be powerless to vex your mind.” ― Leonardo da Vinci
127. The balance you have between drive and patience may be your master key to success.” ― David Allen
128. “A man without patience is a lamp without oil.” ― Andres Segovia
129. “The enemy is the necessary condition for practicing patience.” ― Dalai Lama
130. “Patience attains All that it strives for. He who has God Finds he lacks nothing: God alone suffices.” ― Teresa of Avila
Cultivating Inner Peace with Patience Quotes
131. “Reading a novel in which all characters illustrate patience, hard work, chastity, and delayed gratification could be a pretty dull experience.” ― Thomas Perry
132. “I haven’t been given many things, but I’ve been given ample, limitless patience.” ― Lincoln Diaz-Balart
133. “I’ve learned the importance of loving what you do. I have also learned more patience due to the nature of the music business.” ― Randy Travis
134. “Sometimes you just have to be patient and brave and strong. If you don’t know how, just make it up as you go along.” ― Douglas Pagels
135. “Patience is the key to content.” ― Muhammad
136. “Patience is supported & nurtured by a quality of forgiveness.” ― Allan Lokos
137. “I don’t play pyrotechnic scales. I play about frustration, patience, anger. Music is an extension of my soul.” ― Dick Dale
138. “A very little thief of occasion will rob you of a great deal of patience.” ― William Shakespeare
139. “Take up an idea, devote yourself to it, struggle on in patience, and the sun will rise for you.” ― Swami Vivekananda
140. “You have to find the peace and patience within yourself to be a model and an example to others and not judge.” ― Judith Light
141. “Having to be patient and wait for things to come or happen has become less of the norm and more of a chore.” — Moe Alodah
142. “With patience and understanding coupled with perseverance, you can make progress.” — Mark Hodgson
143. “For a marriage counselor to be credible and trust-worthy, he or she has to have good listening skills and patience.” — Jessica Gardner
144. “Have patience because rushing your success could end up also halting your success.” — Julius Williams
145. “Patience is vital to being a father and adapting is also crucial.” — Colin Adams
146. “Positive parental authority is characterized by patience, sensitivity, respect, attentiveness and consideration, without ignoring the natural hierarchy.” — Nurit Levi
147. If you incorporate yoga workouts regularly into your life, with patience and discipline, you’ll notice a long list of benefits to your health.” — Dean Pohlman
148. “Patience is not passive, on the contrary, it is concentrated strength.” — Bruce Lee
149. “Before you can consider a problem water under the bridge, you must first patiently work on removing the dam.” — Michelle C. Ustaszeski
150. “Patience is a great quality when it means that you can wait for the right moment to speak.” — Byron Pulsifer
Which patience quotes were your favorite?
There are certain things in life that take more time than others.
Sometimes we need to allow life to follow its natural course.
Otherwise, if we don’t learn to be patient, we might end up inflicting unnecessary pain on ourselves and on those around us.
In a world that strives for instant gratification, being more patient can help you stay positive and happy.
Hopefully, these patience quotes have inspired you to develop the inner calmness to wait.
Did you enjoy these patience quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.