These trust issues quotes will help you understand the meaning of trust and assist you in resolving your trust issues.
Why is trust so important?
Trust is one of the most vital ingredients in a healthy relationship.
If someone close to you breaks your trust, it can be devastating.
Once trust is broken, it is often easier to put up a wall around your heart than to risk it being broken again.
But having trust issues can wreck future relationships.
Don’t let someone who hurt you in the past prevent you from becoming close to someone else in the future.
These quotes about trust issues will help you through the pain of broken trust, show advice on how to build new trust, and, ultimately, motivate you to open your heart and trust again.
Trust issues quotes on broken trust
1. “I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
2. “All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust.” – J.M. Barrie
3. “He who does not trust enough will not be trusted” – Lao Tzu
4. “Trust cannot be broken only taken back from people not worthy of it.” ― Jackie Viramontez
5. “Trust is like blood pressure. It’s silent, vital to good health, and if abused it can be deadly.” — Frank Sonnenberg
6. “Trust is like a piece of paper, once it’s crumpled it can’t be perfect again.” — Miranda Lee
7. “Liars frequently use the innocence of their victims to gain their trust.” – Stephen King
8. “Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.” – Maya Angelou
9. “Trust yourself, you know more than you think you do.” – Benjamin Spock
10. “A man trusts another man when he sees enough of himself in him.” – Gregory David Roberts
Trust issues quotes on who you can trust
11. “Only trust thyself, and another shall not betray thee.” – William Penn
12. “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” – William Shakespeare
13. “Trust starts with truth and ends with truth.” – Santosh Kalwar
14. “The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.” – Ernest Hemingway
15. “Trust has to be earned and should come only after the passage of time.” – Arthur Ashe
16. “In the end, you have to choose whether or not to trust someone.” – Sophie Kinsella
17. “Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
18. “Trust in what you love, continue to do it, and it will take you where you need to go.” – Natalie Goldberg
19. “Consider everyone trustworthy until they prove otherwise.” — Ram Mohan
20. “Trust but verify.” – Ronald Reagan
Trust issues quotes on repairing broken trust
21. “To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved.” – George MacDonald
22. “Trust leads to approachability and open communications.” – Scott Weiss
23. “You must trust and believe in people, or life becomes impossible.” – Anton Chekhov
24. “The best proof of love is trust.” – Joyce Brothers
25. “Most good relationships are built on mutual trust and respect.” – Mona Sutphin
26. “Trust is earned when actions meet words.” – Chris Butler
27. “Learning to trust is one of life’s most difficult tasks.” – Isaac Watts
28. “Keep your promises and be consistent. Be the kind of person others can trust.” – Roy T. Bennett
29. “A man who trusts nobody is apt to be the kind of man nobody trusts.” — Harold MacMillan
30. “Ultimately, there can be no complete healing until we have restored our primal trust in life.” — Georg Feuerstein
Trust issues quotes on building trust
31. “Trust your hunches. They’re usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level.” – Joyce Brothers
32. “Trust is hard to come by. That’s why my circle is small and tight. I’m kind of funny about making new friends.” – Eminem
33. “I have found that sometimes when a person gives up on ‘humankind’ they can often find trust and love in animal kind.” — André Chevalier
34. “Never trust anyone who wants what you’ve got. Friend or no, envy is an overwhelming emotion.” — Eubie Blake
35. “You can’t trust a promise someone makes while they’re drunk, in love, hungry, or running for office.” – Joe Moore
36. “Trust is not simply a matter of truthfulness, or even constancy. It is also a matter of amity and goodwill. We trust those who have our best interests at heart, and mistrust those who seem deaf to our concerns.” – Gary Hamel
37. “You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you don’t trust enough.” – Frank Crane
38. “The only way to make a man trustworthy is to trust him.” – Henry L. Stimson
39. “Trust is built with consistency.” – Lincoln Chafee
Trust issues quotes on why you should trust again
40. “Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships.” – Stephen R. Covey
41. “We need people in our lives with whom we can be as open as possible. To have real conversations with people may seem like such a simple, obvious suggestion, but it involves courage and risk.” – Thomas Moore
42. “The chief lesson I have learned in a long life is that the only way to make a man trustworthy is to trust him; and the surest way to make him untrustworthy is to distrust him and show your distrust.” — Henry L. Stimson
43. “Sometimes you don’t know who you can and cannot trust. I still learn that over and over again.” – Demi Lovato
44. “Instead of saying, “I’m damaged, I’m broken, I have trust issues” say “I’m healing, I’m rediscovering myself, I’m starting over.” ― Horacio Jones
45. “Trust is something that is difficult to establish. It is very fragile that needs to be taken care of. Once trust breaks or shatters into pieces, it is very difficult to rebuild it.” — K. Cunningham
46. “One error a trust-breaker makes when attempting to rebuild trust with another, is refusing to take full ownership for what they did. Learn not to blame, project, or minimize what you have done.” — Karen Wells
47. “Trust is the easiest thing in the world to lose, and the hardest thing in the world to get back.” — R. M. Williams
48. “Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it’s broken, but you can still see the crack in that mother fucker’s reflection.” – Lady Gaga
49. “Trust in a relationship is very crucial. Without trust, a relationship cannot last as a healthy and happy bond.” – Alana Johnson
50. “You must trust and believe in people, or life becomes impossible.” – Anton Chekhov
Other Trust Issues quotes
51. “People that have been consistently hurt by others in life will only see the one time you hurt them and be blinded to all the good your heart has to offer. They look no further than what they want to see. Unfortunately, most of them remain a victim throughout their life.” ― Shannon L. Alder
52. “I don’t trust people who don’t love themselves and tell me, ‘I love you.’ There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.” – Maya Angelou
53. “It is so sad how some people have been through so many negative experiences to the point that when they experience an act of kindness from some caring and loving people, they become a little or very suspicious about it.” — Edmond Mbiaka
54. “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” – Corrie ten Boom
55. “None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have Faith.” – Paulo Coelho
56. “For there to be betrayal, there would have to have been trust first.” – Suzanne Collins
57. “Trust no friend without faults, and love a woman, but no angel.” – Doris Lessing
58. “We always see our worst selves. Our most vulnerable selves. We need someone else to get close enough to tell us we’re wrong. Someone we trust.” – David Levithan
59. “We are all mistaken sometimes; sometimes we do wrong things, things that have bad consequences. But it does not mean we are evil, or that we cannot be trusted ever afterward.” – Alison Croggon
60. “Everyone suffers at least one bad betrayal in their lifetime. It’s what unites us. The trick is not to let it destroy your trust in others when that happens. Don’t let them take that from you.” – Sherrilyn Kenyon
More Trust Issues Quotes and Sayings
61. “Never break someone’s trust. Once you do, then nobody wants to do business with you.” – Robert Budi Hartono
62. “It takes a lot of truth to gain trust but just one lie to lose it all.” — Unknown
63. “It is important to trust men twice – to give them a second chance after failure.” – James Cash Penney
64. “It takes self-integrity and a lifestyle of self-trust before you can earn someone’s trust. If you are self-evident and self-trusting enough, people who would voluntarily entrust you with what’s valuable to them will be interested in you.” – Wayne Chirisa
65. “When we trust someone, we are at our most vulnerable – but paradoxically, if we lack trust, neither love nor joy can exist.” – Walter Anderson
66. “People can become suspicious of acts of kindness when they have experienced so many negative things. It is sad how they become suspicious of acts of kindness from people who care and love them.” — Edmond Mbiaka
67. “I have found that sometimes when a person gives up on ‘humankind’ they can often find trust and love in animal kind.” — André Chevalier
68. “I would not trust myself more than others with a good motive because we are all selfish.” – Lord Byron
69. “Establishing trust can be challenging. It is very fragile and needs to be handled carefully. It is very difficult to rebuild trust once it has been broken or shattered.” — K. Cunningham
70. “Truthfulness or even consistency is not the sole indicator of trust. Amity and goodwill are also involved. In general, we trust those who are concerned about our well-being and distrust those who do not seem to care.” – Gary Hamel
Trust Issues Quotes To Illustrate Trust Is Earned
71. “I have trust issues with allowing other individuals to know my innermost secrets for fear of how I may be viewed. Everyone has this.” ― Kevin Gates
72. “Trust in yourself. Your perceptions are often far more accurate than you are willing to believe.” ― Claudia Black
73. “Woe to the man whose heart has not learned while young to hope, to love – and to put its trust in life.” ― Joseph Conrad
74. “Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation.” ― D. Elton Trueblood
75. “The inability to open up to hope is what blocks trust, and blocked trust is the reason for blighted dreams.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
76. “Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason I have trust issues.” ― Woody Paige
77. “A man who doesn’t trust himself can never really trust anyone else.” ― Jean Francois Paul de Gondi
78. “Creativity comes from trust. Trust your instincts. And never hope for more than you work.” ― Rita Mae Brown
79. “Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted in important affairs.” ― Albert Einstein
80. “Few delights can equal the presence of one whom we trust utterly.” ― George MacDonald
Do these quotes help you resolve your trust issues?
Trust is something that is earned and is a precious gift when it is given.
When someone betrays your trust, it can be hard to trust anyone else because you don’t want to put yourself in a vulnerable situation again.
It is important to know who you can trust and not put your faith in the wrong person again.
But it is also important to not let past situations affect your current relationships.
Remember to trust yourself and your instincts, but also know that trust is the foundation of all relationships.
If you are unable to trust again, your defensiveness may backfire and render you seemingly untrustworthy to those you want to keep in your life.
Use these trust issues quotes to help you remember the importance of trust so that you may resolve your own trust issues.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these trust issue quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
September 28, 2022 5:00 AM EST