These team quotes will inspire you and your teammates to collectively meet your goals.
We’ve all that experience where we are part of a group and feel like we are the only ones doing all the work.
We’ve also all been on the other end of the spectrum where someone self-nominates themselves as leaders and then won’t let you do any of the work, despite the project requiring a team effort.
These are the ones who insist there must be an “I” in team somewhere…
Are you a team player?
The real magic happens when you end up in a team with true collaboration and comradery.
When everyone on the team is willing to contribute equally and a strategy is created that plays to every team member’s strengths.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise and enlightening team quotes and sayings to celebrate collaboration, determination, and united success.
Also, check out these team building quotes that promote working together.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Team quotes about collaboration
1. “Collaboration allows teachers to capture each other’s fund of collective intelligence.” – Mike Schmoker
2. “The best teamwork comes from men who are working independently toward one goal in unison.” – James Cash Penney
You will also enjoy our article on determination quotes.
3. “None of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful.” – Mother Teresa
4. “Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
You will also enjoy our article on hard work beats talent.
5. “No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it.” – H.E. Luccock
6. “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” – Andrew Carnegie (see more quotes from Andrew Carnegie)
7. “It is the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) that those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed.” – Charles Darwin
8. “Politeness is the poison of collaboration.” – Edwin Land
9. “Effectively, change is almost impossible without industry-wide collaboration, cooperation, and consensus.” – Simon Mainwaring
10. “You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” – Jim Stovall
11. “Cooperation is the thorough conviction that nobody can get there unless everybody gets there.” ― Virginia Burden
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like these empowering collaboration quotes on teamwork & success.
Team quotes about success
12. “The way to achieve your own success is to be willing to help somebody else get it first.” ― Iyanla Vanzant
13. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” – Michael Jordan
14. “Individual commitment to a group effort–that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” – Vince Lombardi
15. “We think, mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of time we put in at work, instead of the quality of time we put in.” – Ariana Huffington
16. “The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work.” – Vince Lombardi Jr.
17. “Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” – Henry Ford
18. “I invite everyone to choose forgiveness rather than division, teamwork over personal ambition.” – Jean-Francois Cope
19. “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” – Henry Ford
Also, check out these motivational employee appreciation quotes to motivate your team.
Team quotes about helping others
20. “It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.” – Napolean Hill
21. “There is no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others.” ― George Shinn
22. “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” ― Isaac Newton
23. “We rise by lifting others” ― Robert Ingersoll
24. “If you take out the team in teamwork, it’s just work. Now who wants that?” ― Matthew Woodring Stover
25. “I feel like, even if something goes wrong, I have confidence in myself and my team that we’ll fix it.” – Patrick Mahomes
26. “None of us is as smart as all of us.” – Ken Blanchard
27. “It takes two flints to make a fire.” – Louisa May Alcott
28. “To me, teamwork is the beauty of our sport, where you have five acting as one. You become selfless.” – Mike Krzyzewski
29. “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” – Booker T. Washington
30. “A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.” ― Rosalynn Carter
31. “Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
Team quotes about determination
32. “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” ― Phil Jackson
33. “Unity is strength. . . when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” – Mattie Stepanek
34. “Our destiny is not written for us; it’s written by us” — Barack Obama
35. “I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better.” ― Abraham Lincoln
36. “When you hand good people possibility, they do great things.” ― Biz Stone
37. “When the ideas are coming, I don’t stop until the ideas stop because that train doesn’t come along all the time.” – Dr. Dre
38. “I’m going to do whatever it takes for me and my team to be successful.” – Giannis Antetokounmpo
39. “Someone once told me growth and comfort do not coexist. And I think it’s a really good thing to remember.” – Ginni Rometty
40. “Hard work keeps the wrinkles out of the mind and spirit.” – Helena Rubinstein
41. “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment.” – Mahatma Gandhi
42. “I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson
43. “Diamonds are nothing more than chunks of coal that stuck to their jobs.” – Malcolm Forbes
44. “Hard work beats talent if talent doesn’t work hard.” – Tim Notke
Other inspirational team quotes
45. “The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can’t be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it.” ― Elbert Hubbard
46. “Never confuse movement with action.” ― Ernest Hemingway
47. “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life forever.” ― Amy Poehler
48. “To be good, and to do good, is all we have to do.” ― John Adams
49. “Remember, teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability.” – Patrick Lencioni
50. “When you’re one of the leaders of the team, there are no days off.” – Tom Brady
You might also like these community quotes about connection.
51. “The success of a team depends on interrelationship within.” – Sunday Adelaja
52. “If you try and lose then it isn’t your fault. But if you don’t try and we lose, then it’s all your fault.” – Orson Scott Card
53. “With an enthusiastic team you can achieve almost anything.” – Tahir Shah
54. “A high-performing team is humble.” – Mario Maruffi
55. “A team is not a group of people who work together. A team is a group of people who trust each other.” – Simon Sinek
56. “Teamwork is not a game for the selfish. It is for those with the mindset that a win for one is a win for all.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
Team Quotes On the Importance Of Teamwork
57. “The path to greatness is along with others.” – Baltasar Gracion
58. “A single leaf working alone provides no shade.” – Chuck Page
59. “Teamwork makes the dream work.” – John C. Maxwell
60. “You are either supporting the vision or supporting division.” – Saji Ijiyemi
61. “Strategy is not a solo sport, even if you’re the CEO.” – Max McKeown
62. “It’s better to have a great team than a team of greats.” – Simon Sinek
63. “The nicest thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side.” – Margaret Carty
64. “Many of us are more capable than some of us, but none of us is as capable as all of us.” – Tom Wilson
65. “Many hands make light work.” – John Heywood
66. “It takes both sides to build a bridge.” – Fredrik Nael
Team Quotes To Encourage You To Work as a Team
67. “People have been known to achieve more as a result of working with others than against them.” ― Allan Fromme
68. “If a team is to reach its potential, each player must be willing to subordinate his personal goals to the good of the team.” ― Bud Wilkinson
69. “We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.” ― Benjamin Franklin
70. “Great things in business are never done by one person, they’re done by a team of people.” ― Steve Jobs
71. “So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth.” ― Bahá’u’lláh
72. “Interdependent people combine their own efforts with the efforts of others to achieve their greatest success.” ― Stephen Covey
73. “The team that makes the most mistakes usually wins.” ― Ward Lambert
74. “No matter what accomplishments you make, somebody helped you.” ― Althea Gibson
75. “Only by binding together as a single force will we remain strong and unconquerable.” ― Chris Bradford
76. “Collaboration, it turns out, is not a gift from the gods but a skill that requires effort and practice.” ― Douglas B. Reeves
How did these team quotes inspire you?
Sometimes, being a great teammate can make the difference between your team’s success or failure.
Are you the type of teammate who contributes equally to a project?
Someone who offer’s suggestions and is willing to listen to other’s bright ideas as well?
Are you determined to help lead your team to success through collaboration and hard work?
All of these things and more make a great teammate.
What did these team quotes make you feel about your team?
Is your team set up for success?
If not, what needs to change in order for you to collectively meet your goals?
Did you enjoy these motivational team quotes?
Which quote was your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.