These prosperity quotes come from some of the most successful people who have ever lived.
If you want to learn how to succeed, these quotes will offer great insight.
If you asked most people what they wanted from life, I think prosperity would rank in the top five things.
What are the benefits of reading these prosperity quotes?
It isn’t a stretch to see people work toward a life that flourishes with possibility.
We want good fortune to find us, and we are all doing something that we believe will improve our social or financial standing.
These prosperity quotes point to the correlation between adversity and prosperity.
It is like love and hate, two sides of the same coin.
Many intelligent people have weighed in on the importance of economic prosperity, taxes, and personal wealth.
However, some of the greatest philosophers also offer cautionary words about prosperity.
Which of the following quotes do you think is the most powerful?
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Prosperity quotes about adversity
1. “The friend in my adversity, I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity.” ― Ulysses S. Grant
You will also enjoy our article on unity quotes.
2. “Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters.” ― Victor Hugo
You will also enjoy our article on adversity quotes.
3. “Prosperity is a great teacher; adversity a greater.” ― William Hazlitt
You will also enjoy our article on Billy Madison quotes.
4. “Comfort and prosperity have never enriched the world as much as adversity has.” ― Billy Graham
5. “In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends.” ― John Churton Collins
6. “Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity.” ― Aristotle
7. “Prosperity tries the fortunate, adversity the great.” ― Rose Kennedy
8. “Adversity reveals genius, prosperity conceals it.” ― Horace
9. “Adversity is sometimes hard upon a man; but for one man who can stand prosperity, there are a hundred that will stand adversity.” ― Elvis Presley
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Elvis Presley quotes that illustrate the man behind the music we all know and love.
10. “Prosperity is no just scale; adversity is the only balance to weigh friends.” ― Plutarch
11. “Memory tempers prosperity mitigates adversity, controls youth, and delights old age.” ― Lactantius
12. “Prosperity is not without many fears and distastes; adversity not without many comforts and hopes.” ― Francis Bacon
13. “A man is insensible to the relish of prosperity ’til he has tasted adversity.” ― Saadi
14. “Weak minds sink under prosperity as well as adversity, but strong and deep ones have two high tides.” ― David Hare
Prosperity quotes about economic principles
15. “Economic growth and environmental protection are not at odds. They’re opposite sides of the same coin if you’re looking at longer-term prosperity.” ― Henry Paulson
16. “As much as we need a prosperous economy, we also need a prosperity of kindness and decency.” ― Caroline Kennedy
17. “Our landscapes connect us to our history; they are the source of our character as a people, as well as our health, our safety, and our prosperity. Natural resources enrich us economically, yes. But they also enrich us aesthetically and recreationally and culturally and spiritually.” ― Robert Kennedy, Jr.
18. “You can’t spend your way to prosperity.” ― Edward C. Prescott
19. “As sure as the spring will follow the winter, prosperity and economic growth will follow recession.” ― Bo Bennett
20. “My guiding principle is that prosperity can be shared. We can create wealth together. The global economy is not a zero-sum game.” ― Julia Gillard
21. “Economic prosperity and quality education for our children are inexorably linked.” ― Jon Huntsman, Jr.
22. “We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.” ― Winston Churchill
23. “Innovation is the central issue in economic prosperity.” ― Michael Porter
24. “Fundamentally, the solution to economic insecurity is economic prosperity – an achievable goal. But for anyone who has grown up without financial security, there’s a shadow that lies over even those who move towards independence: lack of financial literacy.” ― Stacey Abrams
Prosperity quotes about community
25. “We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community… Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own.” ― Cesar Chavez
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Cesar Chavez quotes from the iconic activist.
26. “Our freedom, our prosperity, and our security depend on a proper respect for the fortune of our neighbors, allies and old friends.” ― Nicholas Soames
27. “A sustainable world means working together to create prosperity for all.” ― Jacqueline Novogratz
28. “As a global community, we face a choice. Do we want migration to be a source of prosperity and international solidarity, or a byword for inhumanity and social friction?” ― Antonio Guterres
29. “Creating a structure for mutual prosperity requires lowering regional and transnational barriers to facilitate the flow of goods and promote people-to-people interactions.” ― Moon Jae-in
30. “Globalism began as a vision of a world with free trade, shared prosperity, and open borders. These are good, even noble things to aim for.” ― Deepak Chopra
Thought-provoking prosperity quotes
31. “There are many roads to prosperity, but one must be taken. Inaction leads nowhere.” ― Robert Zoellick
32. “It is easy when we are in prosperity to give advice to the afflicted.” ― Aeschylus
33. “By staying focused on what I intend to create, by believing that the universe is all-providing, and by knowing that I’m worthy of the unlimited beneficence of the Source of being, I just keep attracting prosperity to me.” ― Wayne Dyer
34. “Discouragement, fear, doubt, lack of self-confidence are the germs which have killed the prosperity and happiness of tens of thousands of people.” ― Orison Swett Marden
35. “A rich, robust, well-resourced public education is one of the best routes out of poverty and a pathway to prosperity.” ― Randi Weingarten
36. “Much effort, much prosperity.” ― Euripides
37. “The misfortune of the wise is better than the prosperity of the fool.” ― Epicurus
38. “The philosophical point is that our happiness and wellbeing is not based on incomes rising. This is not just the wisdom of sages, but of ordinary people. Prosperity is more social and psychological: it’s about identification, affiliation, participation in society and a sense of purpose.” ― Tim Jackson
39. “If virtue promises happiness, prosperity and peace, then progress in virtue is progress in each of these for to whatever point the perfection of anything brings us, progress is always an approach toward it.” ― Epictetus
40. “Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things.” ― Eric Butterworth
41. “The trick is to make sure you don’t die waiting for prosperity to come.” ― Lee Iacocca
42. “The heart is great which shows moderation in the midst of prosperity.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
43. “Prosperity makes few friends.” ― Luc de Clapiers
Prosperity quotes from America’s leaders
44. “America was indebted to immigration for her settlement and prosperity. That part of America which had encouraged them most had advanced most rapidly in population, agriculture and the arts.” ― James Madison
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of immigration quotes that explore each side of this social issue.
45. “If a country doesn’t recognize minority rights and human rights, including women’s rights, you will not have the kind of stability and prosperity that is possible.” ― Hillary Clinton
46. “I am in favor of helping the prosperity of all countries because, when we are all prosperous, the trade with each becomes more valuable to the other.” ― William Howard Taft
47. “The point in history at which we stand is full of promise and danger. The world will either move forward toward unity and widely shared prosperity – or it will move apart.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
48. “While the crash only took place six months ago, I am convinced we have now passed the worst, and with continued unity of effort, we shall rapidly recover. There is one certainty of the future of a people of the resources, intelligence and character of the people of the United States – that is, prosperity.” ― Herbert Hoover
49. “A bright future for the nation depends on the health and prosperity of rural America.” ― Kirsten Gillibrand
50. “Our goals for this nation must be nothing less than to double the size of our economy and bring prosperity and jobs, ownership and equality of opportunity to all Americans, especially those living in our nation’s pockets of poverty.” ― Jack Kemp
51. “Any person who contributes to prosperity must prosper in turn.” – Earl Nightingale
52. “Prosperity suits some people, and they blossom best in a glow of sunshine; others need the shade, and are the sweeter for a touch of frost.” – Louisa May Alcott
53. “Where there is no peace, there is no true prosperity for peace opens the door for true prosperity.” – Ifeanyi Enoch Onuoha
More prosperity quotes and sayings
54. “Power, privilege and prosperity come from God. That is why we have to thank Him for His presence in our lives.” – Gift Gugu Mona
55. “Prosperity is earning enough through your efforts to be able to get up the next morning and do it again.” – Scott Perry
56. “If a person wants to live a prosperous life, they must first determine what prosperity is to them personally.” – Sunday Adelaja
57. “You grow your way to prosperity; you don’t cut your way to it.” – Jeremy Corbyn
58. “Not even a book on prosperity can prosper you, when what is expected of you is given, your time won’t be wasted.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
59. “The only true and sustainable prosperity is shared prosperity.” – Joseph E. Stiglitz
60. “Each time we make a choice we are either moving toward freedom and prosperity or bondage and misery.” – Cameron C. Taylor
Prosperity quotes for when you want to thrive in life
61. “If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.” ― Anne Bradstreet
62. “When you are able to shift your inner awareness to how you can serve others, and when you make this the central focus of your life, you will then be in a position to know true miracles in your progress toward prosperity.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
63. “No nation has ever taxed itself into prosperity.” ― Rush Limbaugh
64. “To seek “causes” of poverty in this way is to enter an intellectual dead end because poverty has no causes. Only prosperity has causes.” ― Jane Jacobs
65. “Expensive clothing is a poor man’s attempt to appear prosperous.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
66. “Prosperity is only an instrument to be used, not a deity to be worshipped.” ― Calvin Coolidge
67. “We should not forget that it will be just as important to our descendants to be prosperous in their time as it is to us to be prosperous in our time.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
68. “Before the fruits of prosperity can come, the storms of life need to first bring the required rains of testing, which mixes with the seeds of wisdom to produce a mature harvest.” ― Lincoln Patz
69. “The weather and my mood have little connection. I have my foggy and my fine days within me; my prosperity or misfortune has little to do with the matter.” ― Blaise Pascal
70. “Prosperity of wicked men runs like a torrent past, and soon is spent.” ― Marcel Proust
Prosperity quotes to help you flourish and succeed
71. “Prosperity’s the very bond of love.” ― William Shakespeare
72. “If you want greater prosperity in your life, start forming a vacuum to receive it.” ― Catherine Ponder
73. “Prosperity belongs to those who learn new things the fastest.” ― Paul Zane Pilzer
74. “Prosperity in the form of wealth works exactly the same as everything else. You will see it coming into your life when you are unattached to needing it.” ― Wayne Dyer
75. “True prosperity is the result of well-placed confidence in ourselves and our fellow man.” ― Benjamin Burt
76. “True prosperity is appreciating what you have.” ― Bill Ferguson
77. “If there’s a will, prosperity can’t be far behind.” ― W. C. Fields
78. “We should become prosperous by working hard and then donate generously.” ― Atharva Veda
79. “There is no way to prosperity. Prosperity is the way.” ― Wayne Dyer
80. “Prosperity is the best protector of principle.” ― Mark Twain
Prosperity Quotes That Will Inspire You To Keep Going
81. “Stay focused, go after your dreams and keep moving toward your goals.” — LL Cool J
82. “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.” — Andrew Carnegie
83. “You should set goals beyond your reach so you always have something to live for.” — Ted Turner
84. “Set realistic goals, keep re-evaluating, and be consistent.” — Venus Williams
85. “One way to keep momentum going is to have constantly greater goals.” — Michael Korda
86. “You can always find a solution if you try hard enough.” — Lori Greiner
87. “You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight.” — Jim Rohn
88. “Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.” — Jack Ma
89. “It’s better to be at the bottom of the ladder you want to climb than at the top of the one you don’t.” — Stephen Kellogg
90. “The way to achieve your goals is step by step, you just need to build enough track, to be ahead of the train.” — John Milton Lawrence
Prosperity Quotes About Making Progress
91. “Prosperity’s right hand is industry and her left hand is frugality.” — Samuel Johnson
92. “In prosperity prepare for a change; in adversity hope for one.” — James Burgh
93. “When prosperity comes, do not use all of it.” — Confucius
94. “Everything in the world may be endured except continual prosperity.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
95. “All prosperity begins in the mind and is dependent only on the full use of our creative imagination.” — Ruth Ross
96. “Prosperity depends more on wanting what you have than having what you want.” — Geoffrey F. Abert
97. “The fact is prosperity has a purpose. It’s to allow us to pursue “the better angels,” to give us time to think and grow.” — George H. W. Bush
98. “In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider.” — King Solomon
99. “To rejoice in the prosperity of others is to partake of it.” — W. Austin
100. “Borrowing and spending is not the way to prosperity.” — Paul Ryan
Which of these prosperity quotes resonated with you best?
I wish that each of us finds prosperity for ourselves, our families, and our communities.
Hopefully, we have the wisdom to keep an eye out for some of the pitfalls that happen when we become prosperous.
Are you seeking out more of what you want, or wanting more of what you have?
Eric Butterworths’s quote, “Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things.
Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things,” underscores how related prosperity and poverty are.
Like many things in life, it comes down to our mindset, not just our actions and the results.
What kind of mindset do you have when it comes to prosperity?
Share your thoughts and favorite prosperity quotes and sayings in the comment section below.