Let these successful people quotes shed light on what it takes to reach your dreams.
Too often, people believe they must give up their personal life to achieve achievement.
They do not believe that work-life balance is possible in a meaningful way.
Tell us your favorite successful people quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these successful people quotes?
These people miss out on their meaningful moments and the people important to their lives.
They never realize that it is truly possible to have it all.
Success and a meaningful and balanced life.
There is no better way to show this than to hear it directly from some of the most successful people in the world.
They will tell you what to:
- focus on
- do when times are tough
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Quotes from People Who Prove You Can Do It All
2.) “I’ve learned that you can’t have everything and do everything at the same time.” — Oprah Winfrey
3.) “You will never feel truly satisfied by work until you are satisfied by life.” ― Heather Schuck, the Working Mom Manifesto
4.) “Balance is not better time management, but better boundary management. Balance means making choices and enjoying those choices.” — Betsy Jacobson
5.) “Balance, peace, and joy are the fruit of a successful life. It starts with recognizing your talents and finding ways to serve others by using them.” — Thomas Kinkade
6.) “When you’re gone would you rather have your gravestone say, ‘He never missed a meeting?” Or one that said, ‘He was a great father.’” — Steve Blank, @sgblank, author of The Startup Owner’s Manua
7.) “I believe that being successful means having a balance of success stories across the many areas of your life. You can’t truly be considered successful in your business life if your home life is in shambles.” — Zig Ziglar
8.) “Work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. The other four balls – family, health, friends, and integrity – are made of glass. If you drop one of these, it will be irrevocably scuffed, nicked, perhaps even shattered.” — Gary Keller
9.) “You don’t have to make yourself miserable to be successful. It’s natural to look back and mythologize the long nights and manic moments of genius, but success isn’t about working hard, it’s about working smart.” — Andrew Wilkinson, founder of MetaLab
10.) “Take care of yourself: When you don’t sleep, eat crap, don’t exercise, and are living off adrenaline for too long, your performance suffers. Your decisions suffer. Your company suffers. Love those close to you: Failure of your company is not failure in life. Failure in your relationship is.” — Ev Williams, co-founder of Medium and Twitte
You will also enjoy our article on Frozen quotes
Powerful Quotes From Successful People
11.) “Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.” — Dolly Parton
12.) “It is better to rise from life as from a banquet – neither thirsty nor drunken.” — Aristotle
13.) “Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important.” — Stephen R. Covey
15.) “No matter how busy you are, or how busy you think you are, the work will always be there tomorrow, but your friends might not be.” — Anonymous
16.) “Burnout is about resentment. [Preventing it is] about knowing yourself well enough to know what it is you’re giving up that makes you resentful.” — Marissa Mayer, @marissamayer, CEO at Yahoo
17.) “Reconsider your definitions. We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles rather than by the quality of our service and relationship to mankind.” — Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr
18) “Balance activity with serenity, wealth and simplicity, persistence with innovation, community with solitude, familiarity with adventure, constancy with change, leading with following.” — Jonathan Lockwood Huie
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of simplicity quotes to encourage a positive mindset.
19.) “You are always a valuable, worthwhile human being… not because anybody says so, not because you’re successful, not because you make a lot of money… but because you decide to believe it and for no other reason.” — Wayne Dyer
20.) “I don’t think a lot of founders really want to hear this, but you set the tone from day one, so who you are is going to be reflected in the culture of the early team. So for us, that was a culture of being scrappy, but honest. Working hard, but also having that sense of balance and sort of respecting one’s life outside the office. Making it happen no matter what.” — Julia Hartz, @juliahartz, co-founder of Eventbrite
More Quotes From Successful People
21. “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” — Truman Capote
22. “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” — Herman Melville
23. “Sometimes it takes a good fall to really know where you stand.” — Hayley Williams
24. “Success awaits those who steadfastly commit to any requisite sacrifice.” — Ken Poirot
25. “Opportunity doesn’t make appointments, you have to be ready when it arrives.” — Tim Fargo
26. “Some people are like popcorn: they will only succeed when under heat or pressure.” — Charbel Tadros
27. “When something looks impossible, don’t give up without testing its impossibility.” – Bangambiki Habyarimana
28. “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.” — Abraham Lincoln
29. “The world’s most successful people didn’t wait for someone else to pick them, but instead, they picked themselves.” — Adam Smith
30. “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” — Germany Kent
Successful People Quotes To Keep You Going
31. “The best revenge is massive success.” — Frank Sinatra
32. “Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.” — Oprah Winfrey
33. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” — John D. Rockefeller
34. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out.” — Robert Collier
35. “The difference between winning and losing is most often not quitting.” — Walt Disney
36. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” — Walt Disney
37. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” — Winston Churchill
38. “The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one’s destiny to do, and then do it.” — Henry Ford
39. “You may only succeed if you desire succeeding; you may only fail if you do not mind failing.” — Philippos
40. “Whenever you see a successful person, you only see the public glories, never the private sacrifices to reach them.” — Vaibhav Shah
So much wise advice and such proof that we really can have it all
We can embrace balance and still give time and focus to all the things that really matter in our lives.
It goes against what we have been told we need to do to achieve and provide.
However, following that advice leaves room for success in only one area of our life.
To be truly successful, we must balance all meaningful areas of our life.
We now know, from some of the most successful people we can think of, that this balance is truly possible.