Bad quotes talk about the things that don’t reach acceptable standards.
These quotes are widely shared among people via different social media platforms.
If you want to share such quotes with your friends and family, this article will be more than helpful.
Here, we have listed the most prominent bad quotes that are worth sharing.
In addition to our quotes section, we have also discussed the term “bad” and how we use it.
So, without any further ado, let’s dive in!
You might also like these related articles:
Explanation of the Term “Bad”
The term “bad” is simple yet deceptive, as it is used with various connotations and meanings.
We use the word “bad” during our regular conversations.
It refers to situations where we don’t like the actions or conduct of a person.
The inappropriate or undesirable behavior of a person is usually referred to as a bad attitude.
When talking about morality, the term “bad” usually relates to the behaviors and actions that are considered unethical or objectionable.
It is usually linked to the following aspects:
- Harmful intentions
For example, acts like stealing, lying, and causing bodily harm are considered bad (both morally and ethically).
Creative and Aesthetic Interpretations
The term “bad” is also used to describe the poor quality of a product.
It is usually used for low-quality aesthetic and creative content, expressing a lack of skills or talent.
For example, an artwork is said to be bad if poorly executed.
Similarly, a less pleasant song is termed “bad” by reviewers and critics.
Colloquial and Casual Usage
As stated in the intro, we widely use the word “bad” in our day-to-day language.
It is often used colloquially or more casually to express an unsatisfactory or unfavorable situation.
If you don’t like a movie, you will pass remarks like it was a “bad movie.”
This also works when things don’t go as planned.
For instance, you might have heard people talking about their bad travel experiences and stuff like that.
Expression of a Personal Character
The term bad is sometimes used to express the flaws and shortcomings of a person.
These flaws can cast a significant impact on the self-esteem of people.
It is imperative to stay cautious when using unethical language when expressing one’s emotions and thoughts about a person.
Top 10 Bad Quotes
Below is our list of the top 10 bad quotes that show various things related to bad.
1. “The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” — Scott Hamilton
2. “It is far better to be alone than to be in bad company.” — George Washington
3. “When I’m good, I’m very good. But when I’m bad, I’m better.” — Mae West
4. “If you are lonely when you’re alone, you are in bad company.” — Jean-Paul Sartre
5. “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.” — William Shakespeare
6. “I am as bad as the worst, but, thank God, I am as good as the best.” — Walt Whitman
7. “When I do good, I feel good, when I do bad, I feel bad, and that’s my religion.” — Abraham Lincoln
8. “Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.” — Will Rogers
9. “It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it.” — Benjamin Franklin
10. “The greatest gift is the ability to forget – to forget the bad things and focus on the good.” — Joe Biden
Bad Quotes About People
If you want to know about bad people, the following quotes are compiled especially for you and will make you think and learn.
11. “There’s no such thing as bad weather, just soft people.” — Bill Bowerman
12. “If there were no bad people, there would be no good lawyers.” — Charles Dickens
13. “It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.” — Oscar Wilde
14. “Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.” — Plato
15. “Most people don’t have that willingness to break bad habits. They have a lot of excuses, and they talk like victims.” — Carlos Santana
16. “The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
17. “Throughout life, people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.” — Will Smith
18. “More information is always better than less. When people know the reason things are happening, even if it’s bad news, they can adjust their expectations and react accordingly. Keeping people in the dark only serves to stir negative emotions.” — Simon Sinek
19. “I don’t believe that if you do good, good things will happen. Everything is completely accidental and random. Sometimes bad things happen to very good people, and sometimes good things happen to bad people. But at least if you try to do good things, then you’re spending your time doing something worthwhile.” — Helen Mirren
20. “Love myself, I do. Not everything, but I love the good as well as the bad. I love my crazy lifestyle, and I love my hard discipline. I love my freedom of speech and the way my eyes get dark when I’m tired. I love that I have learned to trust people with my heart, even if it will get broken. I am proud of everything that I am and will become.” — Johnny Weir
Funny Bad Quotes
Humor is often associated with bad, so let’s read these humorous bad quotes. Hopefully, you will share with your friends as well.
21. “Video games are bad for you? That’s what they said about rock-n-roll.” — Shigeru Miyamoto
22. “A general is just as good or just as bad as the troops under his command make him.” — Douglas MacArthur
23. “Any tool can be used for good or bad. It’s really the ethics of the artist using it.” — John Knoll
24. “Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or idealism.” — Carl Jung
25. “A dog will teach you unconditional love. If you can have that in your life, things won’t be too bad.” — Robert Wagner
26. “By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.” — Socrates
27. “To understand me, you have to meet me and be around me. And then only if I’m in a good mood – don’t meet me in a bad mood.” — Avril Lavigne
28. “The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.” — Ted Nelson
29. “Chemistry can be a good and bad thing. Chemistry is good when you make love with it. Chemistry is bad when you make crack with it.” — Adam Sandler
30. “If your choice enters into it, then taste is involved – bad taste, good taste, uninteresting taste. Taste is the enemy of art, A-R-T.” — Marcel Duchamp
Bad Quotes About Bad Days & Times
Time and days get bad sometimes, and the following quotes are all about those bad days and times.
31. “There are good days, and there are bad days, and this is one of them.” — Lawrence Welk
32. “Nothing is more responsible for the good old days than a bad memory.” — Franklin Pierce Adams
33. “When you adopt a dog, you have a lot of very good days and one very bad day.” — W. Bruce Cameron
34. “You have good days; you have bad days. But the main thing is to grow mentally.” — Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
35. “Consistency of performance is essential. You don’t have to be exceptional every week, but as a minimum, you need to be at a level that even on a bad day, you get points on the board.” — Sean Dyche
36. “Some days are just bad days, that’s all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day; that’s just the way it is!” — Dita Von Teese
37. “You have to remember that the hard days are what make you stronger. The bad days make you realize what a good day is. If you never had any bad days, you would never have that sense of accomplishment!” — Aly Raisman
38. “My fans have made all my career moments special for me. They are the ones that have gotten me through every single thing – good times and bad; they are who I go to and lean on. I am very thankful for that.” — Mariah Carey
39. “Life is difficult for everyone; everyone has bad days. Everyone has trouble in their life because it doesn’t matter how rich you are: Sickness and trouble and worry and love, these things will mess with you at every level of life.” — Domhnall Gleeson
40. “Life is supposed to be about love and good times, and so I’ve forgiven myself after paying the consequences of my bad decisions, and I’m ready to move forward and allow my life to be a light to others that it’s never over, even for a person like me, who has lost a tremendous amount of respect among my peers, my fans, my friends and family.” — Jon Jones
Bad Quotes Related to Personality
These quotes show the bad personality of authors and other people that are considered to be bad in nature.
41. “I had a bad background just growing up as a child.” — Lil Durk
42. “I’ve been a bad boy trying to be a good man my whole life.” — Jimmy Snuka
43. “I like the term ‘misunderstood.’ But I am a bit of a bad boy. ” — Zayn Malik
44. “I’m La Flame at all times. That, at times, can be bad, at times can be good.” — Travis Scott
45. “I like a man who looks like a bad boy but knows how to treat a woman like a queen.” — Candice Swanepoel
46. “I am a bad boy. I don’t come across clearly to a lot of people, so I am bad for them.” — Fahadh Faasil
47. “I like cappuccino, actually. But even a bad cup of coffee is better than no coffee at all.” — David Lynch
48. “I did the best I could, and in some arenas, my best was not good enough. I’ve made some bad choices.” — Amy Grant
49. “I think every girl’s dream is to find a bad boy at the right time when he wants not to be bad anymore.” — Taylor Swift
50. “It’s a long journey. There will be good times, and there will be bad times, but SoftBank is always there.” — Masayoshi Son
Which of these Bad Quotes is your Favorite?
The term “bad” is a versatile and multifaceted word.
Depending on its context and intent, this word tends to show different meanings.
Such variation is also seen in our list of bad quotes.
We have divided these quotes into their respective sections.
Hence, it won’t be difficult for you to find a quote that inspires you the most.
If you have come across such a quote, let us know via the comments section.
We would love to know about your choice.