The Witcher quotes below capture the appeal and fantasy of this Netflix series.
The Witcher is a recently released hit series on Netflix. It is created by Lauren Schmidt Hissrich based on the book series written by Andrzej Sapkowsi.
The heart-pounding medieval setting of this fantasy drama series will take you to a whole new level of entertainment.
The story revolves around the Witcher, Geralt of Rivia, a professional monster slayer who’s always in internal conflict with his humanity inside a corrupt world.
This series represents our fascination with the deep fantasy world and fiction novels that showcases the grey areas of humanity.
Enjoy these The Witcher quotes and feel the thrill and lore of this amazing fiction.
Don’t forget to also check out these Dead to Me quotes on friendship through difficult times.
The Witcher quotes by Geralt of Rivia
1. “If I’m to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.” ― Geralt of Rivia
2. “There is no destiny… It does not exist. The only thing that everyone is destined for is death.” ― Geralt of Rivia
3. “Mistakes… are also important to me. I don’t cross them out of my life, or memory. And I never blame others for them.” ― Geralt of Rivia
4. “‘Every myth, every fable must have some roots. Something lies among those roots.’ ‘It does,’ Geralt of Rivia confirmed. ‘Most often a dream, a wish, a desire, a yearning. Faith that there are no limits to possibility. And occasionally chance.’” ― Geralt of Rivia
5. “I manage because I have to. Because I’ve no other way out. Because I’ve overcome the vanity and pride of being different. I’ve understood that they are a pitiful defense against being different.” ― Geralt of Rivia
6. “It is easy to kill with a bow, girl. How easy it is to release the bowstring and think, it is not I, it is the arrow. The blood of that boy is not on my hands. The arrow killed him, not I. But the arrow does not dream anything in the night.” ― Geralt of Rivia
7. “A story is a largely false account, of largely trivial events, fed to us by historians who are largely idiots.” ― Geralt of Rivia
8. “Only in fables survives what cannot survive in nature. Only myths and fables do not know the limits of possibility.” ― Geralt of Rivia
9. “People… like to invent monsters and monstrosities. Then they seem less monstrous themselves.” ― Geralt of Rivia
10. “Your vision is a world of bribery, blackmail and entrapment, a world of turning imperial evidence and false witnesses. A world of snoopers and coerced confessions. Informing and the fear of being informed upon. And inevitably the day will come in your world when the flesh of the wrong person will be torn with pincers, when an innocent person is hanged or impaled. And then it will be a world of crime.” ― Geralt of Rivia
11. I run into dilemmas all the time. Situations where it’s hard to judge, hard to know what’s right, make a decision. This is not one of them. You disgust me. And deserve to die.” ― Geralt of Rivia
12. “A true witcher should never abandon poultry in distress.” ― Geralt of Rivia
13. “Time eats away at memories, distorts them. Sometimes we only remember the good… sometimes only the bad.” ― Geralt of Rivia
14. “You can’t stop a soldier from being frightened but you can give him motivation to help him overcome that fear. I have no such motivation. I can’t have. I’m a witcher: an artificially created mutant. I kill monsters for money. I defend children when their parents pay me to.” ― Geralt of Rivia
15. “To be neutral does not mean to be indifferent or insensitive. You don’t have to kill your feelings. It’s enough to kill hatred within yourself.” ― Geralt of Rivia
16. “I don’t believe in Melitele, don’t believe in the existence of other gods either, but I respect your choice, your sacrifice. Your belief. Because your faith and sacrifice, the price you’re paying for your silence, will make you a better, a greater being. Or, at least, it could. But my faithlessness can do nothing. It’s powerless.” ― Geralt of Rivia
17. “The sun shines differently, but it will continue to shine, and jumping at it with a hoe isn’t going to do anything. We’ve got to accept facts, elf. That’s what we’ve got to learn.” ― Geralt of Rivia
18. “Your vision is a world where people are afraid to venture out after dark; not for fear of cut-throats, but of the guardians of public order. For, after all, the result of all great crackdowns on miscreants is always that the miscreants enter the ranks of the guardians of public order en masse.” ― Geralt of Rivia
19. “It’s like ordering a pie and finding out it has no filling.” ― Geralt of Rivia
20. “Every time I’m near you, I say more in five minutes than I’ve said in weeks. And I always regret it.” ― Geralt of Rivia
The Witcher quotes by Yennefer
21. “Nobody smart plays fair.” ― Yennefer
22. “Happy childhoods make for dull company.” ― Yennefer
23. “They are not demons, not devils… Worse than that. They are people.” ― Yennefer
24. “What is truth? The negation of lies? Or the statement of a fact? And if the fact is a lie, what then is the truth?” ― Yennefer
25. “If the ability to make use of experience and draw conclusions decided, we would have forgotten what war is a long time ago. But those whose goal is war have never been held back, nor will be, by experience or analogy.” ― Yennefer
26. “Cats like sleeping and resting on intersections. There are many stories about magical animals but really, apart from the dragon, the cat is the only creature that can absorb the force. No one knows why a cat absorbs it and what it does with it.” ― Yennefer
27. “Remember… magic is Chaos, Art and Science. It is a curse, a blessing and progress. It all depends on who uses magic, how they use it, and to what purpose. And magic is everywhere. All around us. Easily accessible.” ― Yennefer
28. “The Continent is vast. Just because you don’t know of a cure doesn’t mean there isn’t one. It’s simply beyond your scope.” ― Yennefer
29. “A life holding dustpans while you brush off forgotten bones? That’s not destiny. It’s slow suicide.” ― Yennefer
The Witcher quotes by Yarpen Zigrin
30. “If someone shows you compassion, sympathy and dedication, if they surprise you with integrity of character, value it but don’t mistake it for… something else.” ― Yarpen Zigrin
31. “It’s better to die than to live in the knowledge that you’ve done something that needs forgiveness.” ― Yarpen Zigrin
The Witcher quotes by Dandelion
32. “A coward… dies a hundred times. A brave man dies but once. But Dame Fortune favours the brave and holds the coward in contempt.” ― Dandelion
33. “Why look for truth in a ballad? Truth is one thing, poetry another.” ― Dandelion
The Witcher quotes by Renfri
34. “Only Evil and Greater Evil exist and beyond them, in the shadows, lurks True Evil. True Evil… is something you can barely imagine, even if you believe nothing can still surprise you. And sometimes True Evil seizes you by the throat and demands that you choose between it and another, slightly lesser, Evil.” ― Renfri
35. “They created me just as they created you. We’re not so different.” ― Renfri
36. “The girl in the woods will be with you always. She is your destiny.” ― Renfri
The Witcher quotes by Jaskier
37. “Destiny is just the embodiment of the soul’s desire to grow.” ― Jaskier
38. “You have the most incredible neck. It’s like a sexy goose.” ― Jaskier
The Witcher quotes by Tissaia de Vries
39. “Sometimes a flower is just a flower, and the best thing it can do for us is to die.” ― Tissaia de Vries
40.“There is not a person alive that does not look into the mirror and see some deformity. Except for us. We remake ourselves on our terms. The world has no say in it.” ― Tissaia de Vries
The Witcher quotes from other characters
41. When you know about something it stops being a nightmare. When you know how to fight something, it stops being so threatening.” ― Uncle Vesemir
42. “Well, we’re afeared. And what of it? Do we sit down and weep and tremble? Life must go on. And what will be, will be. What is destined can’t be avoided, in any case.” ― Yurga
43. “No one wants to suffer. But yet it is our lot. And some suffer more. Not necessarily by choice. The point is not the bearing of suffering. The point is how it is borne.” ― Ciri
44. “The world is full of evil, so it’s sufficient to stride ahead, and destroy the Evil encountered on the way, in that way rendering a service to Good. The rest takes care of itself.” ― Regis
45. “Were I to attempt to be good to everyone, to the entire world and to all the creatures living in it, it would be a drop of fresh water in the salt sea. In other words, a wasted effort. Thus, I decided to do specific good; good which would not go to waste. I’m good to myself and my immediate circle.” ― Zoltan
46. But do you know when stories stop being stories? The moment someone begins to believe in them.” ― Codringher
47. “War is hovering over us like a vulture. For you, it’s an adventure. For me, it’s a game in which the stakes are survival. I’m involved in this game, and that’s why your indifference and frivolity hurt and insult me.” ― Triss
48. “To me… wisdom includes the ability to turn a deaf ear to foolish or insincere advice.” ― Boholt
49. “You’ve mistaken the stars reflected on the surface of the lake at night for the heavens.” ― Mystical voice speaking to Ciri
50. “An enchantress always takes action. Wrongly or rightly; that is revealed later. But you should act, be brave, seize life by the scruff of the neck. Believe me, little one, you should only regret inactivity, indecisiveness, hesitation. You shouldn’t regret actions or decisions, even if they occasionally end in sadness and regret.” ― Margarita
51. “People linked by destiny will always find each other.” ― Visenna
Which of these The Witcher quotes is your favorite?
Millions of people welcomed the Netflix adaptation of one of the masterpieces of fiction literature in modern times.
Also, its console game counterpart has sold millions of copies worldwide and influenced a lot of artists and authors in the medieval space.
This show set a whole new bar of expectation when it comes to dark fantasy series, especially in live-action.
In the end, the persona of The Witcher, played by Henry Cavill, successfully connects with a lot of people.
The rich lore and setting of the story give hope to many fans of medieval fantasy that the TV industry is on the right track of catering to its audience.
So, hit that next Netflix recommendation, and feel free to look back at these The Witcher quotes and sayings whenever you want to.
September 13, 2021 7:00 AM EST