Read these thirsty quotes to learn about the new, modern meaning of the old word!
We typically think being thirsty means someone who needs or wants something to drink.
But in new-age popular culture, the word thirsty has evolved to mean someone that is desperate.
You might also like these related articles:
Desperate for attention or validation, often in a romantic or sexual context.
Tell us your favorite thirsty quotes in the comments section below!
Why you should read thirsty quotes
Thirsty quotes can quench your thirst for knowledge of the word.
As slang, thirsty has become a trendy popular term in recent years.
According to Google Trends data, searches for the word thirsty have increased since 2010.
It’s a highly descriptive word with many different connotations in English.
As of 2023, the word thirsty can mean any of the following:
- Craving liquid
- Needing Moisture
- Overly eager for approval
- Desperate for something (like sex or validation)
More often than not, thirsty quotes are pretty funny and can give you a good laugh.
And laughing is particularly good for you.
A 2003 study published in the peer-reviewed medical journal Psychosomatic Medicine found that laughter reduces stress hormones and improves immune function.
Both of those side effects of laughter can lead to a longer lifespan.
Laughter is also good for your mental health, which can contribute to a longer life.
According to the Mayo Clinic, laughter can stimulate the release of endorphins.
These are the body’s natural feel-good chemicals that can help alleviate symptoms of depression and anxiety and improve one’s overall mental health.
Thirsty quotes are more than just funny, too.
A lot of them are inspirational and motivational.
Many authors, actors, musicians, and other famous people describe having a “thirst” for their passions and say that thirst helps them stick with their dreams even when difficult to do.
In the context of being eager or desiring something, like making a change in your life or achieving a big goal, thirsty quotes can help spur you into action.
Funny and ridiculous thirsty quotes
These funny and ridiculous thirsty quotes are sure to get you laughing.
1. “I’m so thirsty, I could drink a fish tank.” — Unknown
2. “I’m so thirsty, I would drink my own bathwater.” — Unknown
3. “I’m a little thirsty, can I go drink out of your toilet?” — Unknown
4. “I’m so thirsty, I would lick a cactus just to quench my thirst.” — Unknown
5. “I’m so thirsty that I would drink the sweat off a snowman’s butt.” — Unknown
6. “I’m so thirsty, I would drink the sweat off a sumo wrestler’s back.” — Unknown
7. “I’m not saying I’m thirsty, but I just licked the rain off my windshield.” — Unknown
8. “I’m so thirsty I would lick the dew off a leaf just to taste some moisture.” — Unknown
9. “I only drink on two occasions – when I’m thirsty and when I’m not.” — Brendan Behan
10. “I’m so thirsty, I would swim through an ocean of hot sauce for a glass of water.” — Unknown
“I’m not saying I’m thirsty, but” quotes
“I’m not saying I’m thirsty, but” quotes are really just hilarious quotes about being SUPER thirsty!
11. “I’m not saying I’m thirsty, but I just tried to drink my phone.” — Unknown
12. “I’m not saying I’m thirsty, but I just licked the dew off a cactus.” — Unknown
13. “I’m not saying I’m thirsty, but I would sell my soul for a bottle of Gatorade.” — Unknown
14. “I’m not saying I’m thirsty, but I could drink an entire swimming pool if I had to.” — Ryan Higa
15. “I’m not saying I’m thirsty, but I could drink a gallon of water and still be parched.” — Unknown
16. “I’m not saying I’m thirsty, but I would trade my firstborn child for a glass of water.” — Miranda Sings
17. “I’m not saying I’m thirsty, but I just tried to suck the moisture out of a desert plant.” — Unknown
18. “I’m not saying I’m thirsty, but I just licked the condensation off a stranger’s soda can.” — Unknown
19. “I’m not saying I’m thirsty, but I would pay a million dollars for a sip of water right now.” — Unknown
20. “I’m not saying I’m thirsty, but I just squeezed a rock to see if any water would come out.” — Unknown
Inspirational quotes about thirst
These inspirational quotes about thirst will get you motivated!
21. “Dig your well before you’re thirsty.” — Seth Godin
22. “Your thirst for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” — Bill Cosby
23. “The thirst for success is strong. The thirst for knowledge is stronger.” — Unknown
24. “Thirst for adventure and thirst for discovery are what keep us going.” — Unknown
25. “A common language doesn’t soothe dry tongues and thirsty throats.” — Sanjaya Baru
26. “Thirst for knowledge and curiosity will always lead you to greater things.” — Unknown
27. “The thirst for knowledge and the love of truth are essential to our survival.” — Carl Sagan
28. “Thirst for knowledge should never be quenched. Keep learning and exploring.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
29. “There are two reasons for drinking: one is, when you are thirsty, to cure it; the other, when you are not thirsty, to prevent it.” — Thomas Love Peacock
30. “Thirst is the feeling that you get when you haven’t drunk enough water. Hunger is the feeling that you get when your body needs food. But there is a deeper kind of thirst, a thirst for meaning, a thirst for purpose.” — Jay Shetty
Thirsty quotes about drinking alcohol
Thirsty quotes about drinking alcohol are comical and relatable.
31. “I drink to forget I drink.” — Joe E. Lewis
32. “I never trust a man that doesn’t drink.” — W.C. Fields
33. “I’m not drunk, I’m just drinking.” — George Thorogood
34. “I drink to the general joy o’ the whole table.” — William Shakespeare
35. “I drink to make other people more interesting.” — Ernest Hemingway
36. “I can’t drink like I used to. Now, it just makes me happy.” — Steve Buscemi
37. “Drinking is not a solution, but it can help you forget the problem.” — Unknown
38. “I drink too much. The last time I gave a urine sample, it had an olive in it.” — Rodney Dangerfield
39. “I would rather have a fully functional alcoholic in my life than a sober idiot.” — Dr. House, House M.D.
40. “I feel bad for people who don’t drink. When they wake up in the morning, that’s as good as they’re going to feel all day.” — Frank Sinatra
Thirsty Instagram quotes
Here are some thirsty Instagram quotes you can share on your feed!
41. “The thirst is real.” — Unknown
42. “Be a badass with a good ass.” — Unknown
43. “Felt cute, won’t delete…ever.” — Unknown
44. “Confidence level: selfie with no filter.” — Unknown
45. “Can you handle this much thickness.” — Unknown
46. “When life gives you curves, flaunt them.” — Unknown
47. “I’m gonna let my booty do all the talking.” — Unknown
48. “Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.” — Unknown
49. “Blessing your timeline with this pic. You’re welcome.” — Unknown
50. “There is only one person in this world who I am in competition with: myself.” — Unknown
Now you know how to be thirsty
Hopefully, this article on the new meaning of thirsty quotes has been illuminating for you!
Now that you know all the ways you can be thirsty, you can apply your “thirst” to get everything you want in life!
A healthy balance of thirstiness is highly recommended.
You should be most thirsty to pursue your dreams, reach your goals, and fulfill your greatest desires.
A moderate amount of thirstiness for approval or validation is ok, as this is often a motivator to be your best self, but too much of this type of thirstiness can leave you feeling empty.
Lastly, you should have the least amount of actual thirst for liquids.
Stay hydrated so you never feel parched, and your body will thank you for keeping it healthy!
Tell us your favorite thirsty quote in the comments section!
If you liked reading these thirsty quotes, please share them with others by clicking the Share button now!